PDA

View Full Version : Cubby The Hunter.

cubby31682
09-08-2003, 11:00 AM
Well last week, I stepped outside on the balcony for a minute. I left the screen door open while I was out there (Cubby is afraid to go out that door.) I got back in and noticed a fly flew in while I was walking back in. Well Cubby noticed this, and of course he had to go into attack mood. Which was so cute. After about 3 minutes of chasing the fly around the apartment he finally caught it. Of course he had to eat it. Then he came over to me and cried and walked back to the slider as if he was trying to say 'let more in, I like being a hunter. Let me at 'em.' The joy of having cats. He was so proud of himself. The only thing he ever caught before that was his furry mice toys and of course my paint brushes that he stole from me. He was walking around the apartment like he was King Cat or something just the look on his face was PRICELESS! I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Just wanted to share. I haven't had much time to get on here the last week or so. And this week I'm getting a cold so Cubby wont even come close to me now :( Oh well.

Katie

jenluckenbach
09-08-2003, 12:00 PM
Good for you Cubby!

tuxluvr
09-08-2003, 01:29 PM
Oh, boy, can I relate to this! Ritz LOVES to catch flies and she is like a different cat when she is "on the hunt".....NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING could stand in her way.....and she always gets her fly! I watched her stalk one all over the house, up stairs, downstairs....stared at it on the ceiling for 25 minutes - I shooed it down and she gotup on the back of the sofa and snagged it between her two front paws and ate it!

I would love to have those reflexes! And I, too,love the "strut" that follows.....I AM CAT, HEAR ME MEOW!