PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have a quiet, normal day?

jenluckenbach
09-08-2003, 07:08 AM
Yesterday (Sunday) I allowed my 2 pee-ing bad boys out in the house with the rest of their siblings. All the foster kittens were away for the day so no added stress (to the cats) from them. I admit that for half of the day I had Sterling in a diaper (trying to pin down Jim as the culprit if something got peed on). But all was OK. Then I took it off for the rest of the day and all seemed OK.
They were out in the house over night (fosters in their separate room resting from their event). All was OK. This morning everything seemed dry and all our normal routines were followed. All OK. Well, now (it is still early) I am typing here, Jim is on my lap (as he always used to be) and there is a wonderful silence (no more singing Jim) and I have not found any pee.
I am keeping the fosters separate because it could be their presence that is causing the stress. So they are having a ball in their old room together. It does not bother them to be in there, they have a lot to keep them busy.
Now not ALL things are well, though
1) Bonnie seems to be fearful of Jim, but they will hopefully work out their differences without the need for peeing on the rug.
and
2) Amber's gums are hurting her again so I will probably be setting the appointment for her gum biopsy as soon as I can call the vet's (9 a.m.)
But this is as normal as I can hope for right now.
Thanks for getting me through the last 2 weeks.
Jim gets his follow up urinalysis today, but I am sure that he is OK medically. The amitriptylin is hopefully starting to have the desired effect on both Jim and Sterling.

Barbara
09-08-2003, 09:11 AM
We hope that this will be a day of relaxing for all of you. I'm so glad to hear that just for the moment everything is fine.

F+T promised to tell nobody that Sterling had to wear these diapers;)

catmandu
09-08-2003, 09:29 AM
We are praying that Ambers test turn ou all right and that she is not in danger. Michael the Mild has black spots on hids gums , but thankfully it is just coloring! Good Luck with Jim and Sterling!

K & L
09-08-2003, 09:43 AM
Not in a multi-cat household!:D Boy are we having a time medicating Spike right now! I was literally shaking the other day once we gone done. Spike is the worst to medicate. Hang in there.

jenluckenbach
09-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Not in a multi-cat household LOL :D What WAS I thinking?!?
Well the joint is about to start jumping again because in order for them to draw a urine sample, Jim must be in a carrier for at least 2 hours. I am giving him 3 hours because last time the vet said it was still hard to locate the bladder on the 2 hour caging. Let the singing begin!
And Miss Amber will be going with us to the vet to have her gums evaluated (as long as I am going in anyway).
Does the fun ever end? ;)

HayleyRosie
09-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Good luck with everything at the vet. You are in my prayers. I hope everything turns out okay.

krazyaboutkatz
09-08-2003, 11:08 AM
I'd also like to wish you good luck at the vets. Hopefully keeping the foster kittens in a different room will cure Jim's and Sterling's peeing problems. I also hope that Amber's gums will be okay.

Killearn Kitties
09-08-2003, 02:53 PM
I'll be thinking of you. Sorry I can't do any more!

Do you have time to do anything else? Such as work, cook, eat, clean, gardening? It seems as if ALL your time is spent looking after these cats.:D

Fingers crossed that all goes well.

Kirsten
09-08-2003, 03:12 PM
I can understand your wish so well!!! (I'm hoping for the same here to be honest! :o)

Hope Bonnie overcomes her fear and Bonnie's biopsy will be without a result - and HOPEFULLY NO MORE PEEING ACCIDENTS!!! :) :)

Kirsten

jenluckenbach
09-08-2003, 03:36 PM
Jim:
it seems he has persistant blood in the urine so he will also get his urine sent out to the lab for FURTHER examination.

Amber:
inflamation of the gums but not infection. some steroid pills for a very short time to reduce swelling.

still all dry at the house. :) Maybe the combination of the extra dose of "prozac" and keeping the fosters out of range is doing the trick.

I work, I cook, I EAT!!!, I have actually cleaned more than usual, but the gardening has suffered a bit. *shrugs* can't do it all.

rg_girlca
09-08-2003, 07:41 PM
Oh Jen, I truely feel for you. I am praying that all will be well with Jim, Sterling and Amber once they are finished their medications.
You are a strong person for having to cope with all of this. I would be in the lunny bin by now.

IttyBittyKitty
09-09-2003, 06:58 AM
You care for 14 cats and fosters on top of that ... and yet you still have time to tend to that beautiful garden (meanwhile, all the neighbourhood cats love the jungle that resides between the fences behind our place)