PDA

View Full Version : Disliking life alittle bit extra right now :mad:

kingrattus
09-07-2003, 08:00 PM
If we get to move into a townhouse Rob said Max can't come!!!
Just a while ago Rob said as soon as we move out Max can live with us because I know how much u love him.

Max wont have anywhere to go in the middle of Oct. I hate my mom soo much, she said she'd take him in, but now she said no way in hell.

Rob said yes & now its a no.

*crying*

All I want is my dog back :(
these 2 years have been sooo hard on me & him.
No one understands how much I love him.

I want my dog :( :( :(

EDIT: horrible news/update on my 2ed post after this one.

jenluckenbach
09-07-2003, 08:11 PM
I wish I had some words of comfort.:( Some people will simply never understand what our animals mean to us.:( I hope that it can be worked out in the end.

binka_nugget
09-07-2003, 08:18 PM
I'm so sorry you have to go through this...I know how much max means to you. I couldn't bare the thought of not being with Kai. Just keep at it...and keep trying to find a solution.

KYS
09-07-2003, 08:22 PM
I am so sorry,
I feel so bad for you.
Why did Rob change his mind to
let Max live with you guys?

kingrattus
09-07-2003, 08:29 PM
he said he wants his alergies to clear up first. but by the time that happends Max could be dead or gone forever.

lizbud
09-07-2003, 09:10 PM
If I had a choice between my dog & a boyfriend, it would be
a no brainer. My dog would win. Sorry I can't help you.

Why don't you try to make a life for yourself & for any pets
you might want to have?

Tweety_Pie
09-07-2003, 09:20 PM
:( OH NO!!! :(

I hope everything works out and you can take Max with you !

Kfamr
09-07-2003, 09:25 PM
The moment a boyfriend, husband, whatever -- said Simba or Nala, or any dog I may have in the future isn't allowed, Is the moment I walk out of that relationship. My dogs are my life, my dogs come with me.

I don't care how much I love the person, NOTHING -- I mean NOTHING, can fill my heart like the love I have for my dogs.

kingrattus
09-07-2003, 09:43 PM
Rob said Max will come no matter what now. Dad just called & we were talking & he was telling a story & he said

"shelter or put him to sleep, & I'd never put him in a shelter, I'd have tp put him to sleep, unless, u & ur husband can take him".

I said, dad ur thinking of putting him to sleep.

dad said yes, its not far to put a dog withs special needs into a strangers home that more then likely wont care for him & hes been pampered too much to live in a shelter where he'll be feed slop & that'll kill in hin in a few months or less.

I started to cry & told dad I wanted to hang up, he said ok & I ran upstairs to Rob balling my eyes out.

Rob said theres no way in hell hes gonna let dad put him to sleep. Robs gona talk to our neighbour Larry, to see if he's willing to care for max for a while, until we get out of this house. I would see Max everyday & bring him here to my room for as long as I can. & Max will love the handycaped ppl Larry works with. Larry can even bring Max to the meetings & stuff. Max loves handycaped ppl & crutches don't scare him at all & neither do wheelchairs...

I hope Larry says yes.

I love Max, I don't want him to be put to sleep.. its not fair, I more then ever want my dog back.

I can't stop crying, I feel so sick

Tonya
09-07-2003, 09:51 PM
I'm sorry that you have to be torn like that. It sounds like you are working towards a resolution, which is good to hear. If I was in your area, I'd take Max in a heartbeat! I know what it feels like to be torn like that; there has been a few times that my dogs have destroyed things around the house so badly that my husband wanted me to get rid of them. I stood my ground because my dogs are my children. Over time, my husband has finally grown to love them too.

kingrattus
09-07-2003, 10:06 PM
Rob has never felt real love from anyone in his whole life, until he met me. He doesn't understand the love a human can have with a pet, he never sees his parents love their dogs (playing & feeding a dog isn't real love). His mother is a witch & never showed her boys real love. feeding & giving money isn't love. Shes always yelling at them, telling them how fat & stupid they r, they'll never survive out in the real world without her, shes horrible.

Rob has seen just how much I love Max tonight. He knows that I love Max just like we love eachother (a bit different love but just as powerful). I think all the crying & shaking scared him a bit.

As soon as we get a place of our own, I know he'll understand my love for max & he'll start to show love for Max too. I just have to show & teach him how. I'm the first human that has loved Rob & he'll do anything to keep me from being horribly hurt.

I saw a different side of him tonight, he was calming, upset, angry & showed consern for Max.

I know my posts r more then likely hard to read, but its hard to type, cry & think at the same time.

shais_mom
09-07-2003, 10:52 PM
I really hope that Rob has changed his mind, b/c I know that you love Rob and Max with all your heart. And I can only 'know' Rob thru what you are saying, but noone would make me chose b/n them and my dog or cat. I would chose my critters hands down.
And the comment about just waiting until his allergies cleared up or until Max passes is just plain heartless.
I mean no offense and I do wish you the best of luck.

aly
09-07-2003, 11:42 PM
If Rob changes his mind again and says no, then a shelter or being put to sleep are not the only 2 options Max has. You could start researching now and find a responsible rescue group where Max would go to a foster home. They will be able to find someone who will love him for the rest of his life, even with his special needs. Heck, look at my foster dog. She's old, incredibly sick (was only given about a month to live - although now its almost been a year), and not housebroken. I'm sure she's got a lot more issues than Max but I still took her in. So there is always hope.

Also, not all shelters feed the dogs "slop" or would put him down. If it came down to it, I'm sure you could find a nice facility somewhere.

You need to get assurance from Rob ASAP that he will not change his mind again. If he's not 100% sure that Max can come, then you need to start exploring your options now instead of last minute.

KYS
09-08-2003, 07:04 AM
aly: You need to get assurance from Rob ASAP that he will not change his mind again. If he's not 100% sure that Max can come, then you need to start exploring your options now instead of last minute. >>>>>>

I agree with the above, but I am also a bit concerned
because of Max's age.

IF it was me, "before" I would be moving out,
I would find a place that allows dogs.
I would also make sure Rob gives his word
that Max can stay with us for the rest of his life with-out
any resentment from Rob. (but only you know Rob)

I also do not know your situation.
If your situation is that you have NO choice,
than I agree with Aly, find him a good home to love
him in his golden years now, before you are desperate.
It sounds like your in-between a rock and a hard pole right now,
my heart goes out to you. :(

kingrattus
09-09-2003, 02:16 PM
Max wont be put to sleep!!

Rob's dad is gonna talk to some of his buddies at work, to see if one of them is willing care for him for a few months. & if we really can't find someone, Max will come to live here!!! Robs dad said he wont let anyone kill Max, He likes Max (he likes big sucky babies). I'm still gonna talk to our neighbour to see if he'll take Max in for a bit. Max will spend alot of time with me, but at night & when I'm at work, he'll stay there. But no matter where he ends up in ottawa, I'll spend every sunday with him.

If theres anyone in Ottawa (or near Ottawa) thats willing to care for him for several months, please speak up. I'll be paying for all his food & medical bills. He has everything he needs, & the sooner u can take him the better.

stacwase
09-09-2003, 05:38 PM
Gee, Kingrattus - you're sure in a tough situation.

You know - it sounds like Rob needs to be put in his place. He should know that it's not OK for him to tell you what to do. Can't you just put your foot down and say "I'm keeping Max whether you like it or not"? Nobody has any right to make you do anything that hurts you that badly.

kingrattus
09-09-2003, 06:40 PM
When we get the townhouse Max is coming with me. But I rent from his psycho mother right now & so far its a NO with her. But Rob's dad said if worst comes to worst he'll live here (IF he can talk the mother into it)

dukedogsmom
09-09-2003, 06:46 PM
If I were near you, I'd do it in a heartbeat!
And, never choose to live with someone who makes you make choices and wants to put a "family member" to sleep or get rid of them. If he's got too many issues, don't get more involved. Believe me, I'm talking from experience.

kingrattus
09-09-2003, 07:35 PM
huh??? Rob doesn't want Max to be put to sleep!!! Robs mad because the option has come up! Rob will do just about anything to keep him alive. Rob didn't want him at first only because of his alergies. But now that Max's life is on the line, Rob said he'll do everything he can to make it work, even if it involves more drugs.

Uabassoon
09-09-2003, 07:39 PM
How much longer until you and Rob move out and you can have Max with you?

kingrattus
09-09-2003, 07:48 PM
If tom gets his aprox 60k job, it'll be soon (about a month). But if tom doesn't get it & rob gets his job, we'll be moving out in Jan.

The 3 of us really hate living here & we want to get out here asap, so I know we'll get something soon.