PDA

View Full Version : bye bye :(:(

tikeyas_mom
09-07-2003, 06:11 PM
My mom did the unthinkable..

she gave away Cheeko and spring two these ppl across the street. the boy who now ownms cheeko and spring is 15 and he is in my school my lil Brother is best friend with his lil brother so I can go over there when ever I want.

:(:(. I hate this...

I hate my mom ..

Heather Wallace
09-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Sorry to hear this, why did she gove them away?

tikeyas_mom
09-07-2003, 06:18 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33462

to read more about what happend :(:(:(..

magcpen
09-07-2003, 06:22 PM
That is.... words I shouldn't be saying. I'd add lol, but it's not the time. That is awful. I cannot belive she would do that!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

tikeyas_mom
09-07-2003, 06:25 PM
I know :(:( she just wouldent change her mind no matter what I did or said, one min she would love them the next she would be soo annoyed by thm :(:(:(:(. I miss Cheekos and Springs cherping :(:(:(. ..... .... ...

I HATE MY MOM!!!! SHE RUINS EVERYTHING :mad:

GoldenRetrLuver
09-07-2003, 06:26 PM
I can't believe she actually did that. All because of new floors?! :rolleyes::mad: We just got new floors put it as well, but I would NEVER EVER get ride of Piper or any of my other fur babies, neither would my parents. Did she say she was going to give them away before the new floors came in? If she did, my response would be, THEN DON'T GET NEW FLOORS. :rolleyes::mad:

tikeyas_mom
09-07-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
I can't believe she actually did that. All because of new floors?! :rolleyes::mad: We just got new floors put it as well, but I would NEVER EVER get ride of Piper or any of my other fur babies, neither would my parents. Did she say she was going to give them away before the new floors came in? If she did, my response would be, THEN DON'T GET NEW FLOORS. :rolleyes::mad:

no she got the floors then after they were put in she desided to take the birds away from me :(:(:(:(:(

GoldenRetrLuver
09-07-2003, 06:38 PM
But why?! Have you talked to her?

tikeyas_mom
09-07-2003, 06:39 PM
yes and she said that she didnt want them anymore, she said that they are messy and noisy and annoying and that she didnt want them around :mad::mad:.. I hate her, *sob*

GoldenRetrLuver
09-07-2003, 06:42 PM
UGH. Then why did she get them in the first place?! Pets are for life...

puppygrrl4eva7
09-07-2003, 06:47 PM
:( I'm sorry:(

Aspen and Misty
09-07-2003, 06:53 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this and I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling now. I know it's difficult to loose a pet. ::hugs::

Not to be rude but someone needs to say. Your parents NEED to STOP getting pets! These poor aniamls get comfortable where they are and are there for years and years and then all the sudden O it's not working out after 10 years, lets get ride of them! Discarage yoru parents from getting any more animals!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sikens me to see how some of yoru animals are treated.

And here is proof you give up ALOT of animals.
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33705&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Now I know you have an excuss for giving up each and every one of your animals and good for you, but please stop getting animals untill you move out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, what kind of example is your parents setting for there children? When you get bored get ride of it and get a new one! Yippe :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ash

GoldenRetrLuver
09-07-2003, 06:55 PM
Agreed "Aspen and Misty".

Dogz
09-07-2003, 07:01 PM
I agree with Aspen and Misty, but I am not mad at you. I can NOT believe your mom would get rid of your pets like that!:mad: Oh ya, I'm sick of these, lets give them away.:rolleyes: :mad: I would be so mad right now, but I am really sorry because of your loss. ::hugs:::(

Tweety_Pie
09-07-2003, 07:14 PM
:eek: !OMG! :eek: :eek:

Thats so sad!:( I hope that you will still be able to get some pictures of them!

If my mom did that I would die. I would hate to see my animals go. I'd go get the animals back! and hide them in my room.

Im so sorry, thats such bad news :(

Tweety_Pie

Kelsey

RockyRoad
09-07-2003, 07:54 PM
Nooo, not Cheeko & Spring. :(:(

Jynnelle, this is terrible news. I am soo sorry this had to happen to you. This must be SO hard on you, because you tried, & could not stop it. :( I feel so bad for Cheeko & Spring, they must be so confused. No offence, but your mom seems like a very ignorant person to do that to them. At least you can still visit them, since they are nearby, but it still must be heartbreaking for you. :(

If you need to talk, IM/PM me.
{{{Hugs}}}

tikeyas_mom
09-07-2003, 08:00 PM
I also agree with all of you. I am so mad right now I have no words to describe it. ... .

I hope Cheeko will be happy ..... I will visit him every day, or at least try, I dont want to be rude. I didnt get rid of ANY of thoguhs pets aspen. My parents did, dont blame this on me :mad::mad: I did what I could to stop my mother but she wouldebt listen to me.

tikeyas_mom
09-07-2003, 08:01 PM
It sikens me to see how some of yoru animals are treated.

screw you.

Cookiebaker
09-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
screw you.

That's not a very nice response.

This thread saddens me so much. :( This is the reason that so many dogs & cats and other pets are put to sleep every day in pounds and in shelters. Because nobody is willing to take RESPONSIBILITY.

I saw the thread that Ash pointed to, and was horrified at how many of your dogs "ran away." There is NO need for that. That's downright despicable. It's called having a fence, having a leash and collar, and TAKING RESPONSIBILITY.

I can't wait to see the thread from you that you will write in a few weeks, months, whatever "OH see the new pet I just got". And you can't even take care of those that you already have been trusted with.

I'm very troubled about this.

popcornbird
09-07-2003, 09:40 PM
Cheers to Cheeko for never trusting his family. They didn't deserve you're love, and you're a smart birdie to have kept a grudge against them. Good for you for never allowing them to tame you. You knew what you were doing.

:mad::mad::mad:

Tikeyas mom, I'm so very sorry about what you have to go through because of (I hate to say this but.....) your parent's stubborness, heartlessness, and irresponsibility.

*slaps self on the face...........Popcornbird, don't you know you don't say mean things about people's parents?!?!*

I'm soooooo sorry. I can't help it. :( I've never told anyone anything bad about their parents before, and I feel HORRIBLE to do so, but what you're mother did was UNACCEPTABLE and in enrages me! Its because of people like this that so many innocent dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, and other animals end up thrown in shelters! I'm SO angry! You don't even know how angry I am! For heavens sake, PLEASE do NOT add ANY pets to your household until you move out! Your parent's seem to be the type that think animals are to adopt when you feel like it, and toss them out 10 years later when they don't want them any more! :mad: Such people make me SICK!

Poor Cheeko and Spring must be so upset and stressed out and confused. How can peopel be so cruel!?! I sure hope they're in a loving home now where they will get the love they deserve and not be caged most of the time or tossed outside in the summer because they are *happier* there. :rolleyes: As if they have some other choice. :rolleyes:

Poor birds. :(

Aspen and Misty
09-07-2003, 09:45 PM
I didnt get rid of ANY of thoguhs pets aspen. My parents did, dont blame this on me :mad::mad: I did what I could to stop my mother but she wouldebt listen to me.

Thats why I said....

Originally posted by Aspen and Misty

Not to be rude but someone needs to say. Your parents NEED to STOP getting pets! These poor aniamls get comfortable where they are and are there for years and years and then all the sudden O it's not working out after 10 years, lets get ride of them! Discarage yoru parents from getting any more animals!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sikens me to see how some of yoru animals are treated.

Notice the PARENTS and how I said not to get any more pets till YOU move out!

but please stop getting animals untill you move out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not in any way blame this on you! I was just saying that you have excusses for the action of your family every single time they give up a pet. The fact is, your family goes through pets like clothing, once it gets old you buy a new one. And thats that.

Ash

Aspen and Misty
09-07-2003, 09:50 PM
screw you.

I'm sorry but I am sickened at the fact that your family treats animals like clothing.

*Most you's in this sentence mean your family not YOU directly*

Just to let you know, you have given up or had run away on you 21 dogs! THATS 21 DOGS!!!!!!!! How old are you! 16 :eek: and 21 of your dogs have run away or been given away!! Some to some rich people! My god I'm sorry but THATS INSANE!!!!

Whats the longest animal you have ever kept? And when will we be hearing that Tikeya and Oscar have been given away to some rich people??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ash :mad: :mad:

Kater
09-07-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
This thread saddens me so much. :( This is the reason that so many dogs & cats and other pets are put to sleep every day in pounds and in shelters. Because nobody is willing to take RESPONSIBILITY.

I saw the thread that Ash pointed to, and was horrified at how many of your dogs "ran away." There is NO need for that. That's downright despicable. It's called having a fence, having a leash and collar, and TAKING RESPONSIBILITY.

I can't wait to see the thread from you that you will write in a few weeks, months, whatever "OH see the new pet I just got". And you can't even take care of those that you already have been trusted with.

I'm very troubled about this.

*VERY* well said!

Kfamr
09-07-2003, 09:57 PM
I agree with Ash.

Not you inparticular, but your parents.

You guys get a new animal then in a few years or so, it's gone. Do your parents know how confusing and stressful it is for animals to change conditions so much?

I think you're better off not accepting any more animals into your household until you move out or you're absolutely POSITIVE the animal will spend the rest of it's life with you.

popcornbird
09-07-2003, 09:57 PM
I'm sorry but I am sickened at the fact that your family treats animals like clothing.

*Most you's in this sentence mean your family not YOU directly*

Just to let you know, you have given up or had run away on you 21 dogs! THATS 21 DOGS!!!!!!!! How old are you! 16 :eek: and 21 of your dogs have run away or been given away!! Some to some rich people! My god I'm sorry but THATS INSANE!!!!

Whats the longest animal you have ever kept? And when will we be hearing that Tikeya and Oscar have been given away to some rich people??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ash :mad: :mad:

I can't believe they even kept poor Cheeko for 10 years. Its sickening that her parents would just kick a 15-20 year old bird out of the house! :mad::mad: Cheeko had a touch life in his first home, and it doesn't seem like his life was any better in the 10 years he lived with the TMs. Now poor baby was kicked out again. :(:(:(

Who's next on the kick out list? Tikeya, Oscar, Sage? Poor animals. :(

shais_mom
09-07-2003, 10:39 PM
I daresay I have to agree.
This is simply the defination of our 'throw away society' that we have acquired now.
How sad for your birds to see someone they know, your brother's friend. Then when you and your brother go to visit, they will be so confused.
I also beg of you to not get anymore pets until you move out and and can take responsibility of your own. Hopefully by then you will have some.
I realize that the blame is not entirely yours, but I also ask, which one of your pets is the next to go? Tikeya? Oscar?

GoldenRetrLuver
09-07-2003, 10:40 PM
I agree with everyone. PLEASE PLEASE do NOT get ANY more animals. I and others know you and your family wanted a Bernese Mountain dog...I'm not sure you could "handle" it...

Just, please hold off on the numbers of pets, and take care of the ones you have.

JMHO.

Aspen and Misty
09-07-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
I and others know you and your family wanted a Bernese Mountain dog

O god PLEASE don't put any more animals through this! Tell yoru parents NOT to get the dog and how horrible it will be to have an animal for a couple of years and to give it up. If you can't handle two birds you can NOT handle a dog! How long will it stay with your family any ways!

Ash

Kfamr
09-07-2003, 11:02 PM
I'm sure a dog sheds more and makes a bigger mess than two simple birds. Not only that, they can scratch the new floors, which seem to be most important in your parents minds.

GoldenRetrLuver
09-07-2003, 11:05 PM
Yep. We just put hardwood floors throught the house. They HAVE been scratched already..but for my parents, Molly and Daisy are WAY more important then floors.

wolf_Q
09-07-2003, 11:13 PM
Ok, you say it's NOT your fault....but you are fully AWARE of your parents history with pets. You say your parents have control of what happens to your pets. Then WHY DO YOU KEEP GETTING MORE?

Please, until you are on your own, don't get any more pets!!!

tikeyas_mom
09-07-2003, 11:34 PM
I thopguht you were blaming me ash. sorry. I just know that I personally AM a good pet owner.

my parents differ. :mad:. I am not happy with them, and no in a few week I am not gpoing to have a new pet, so dont just assume I will :mad::mad:...

tikeyas_mom
09-07-2003, 11:35 PM
2 of my hamster resently died and NOOOOO I diodnt come home with a new pet did I :rolleyes:... :mad::mad::mad:.

wolf_Q
09-07-2003, 11:42 PM
Yes but how many other times have you? Wasn't it quite recently you brought home two rats? Your history and your parents history speaks for itself. You've said a million times before that you won't get any more, and you still do! So hold yourself to your own words this time, will ya? :rolleyes:

wolfsoul
09-07-2003, 11:44 PM
I'm so sorry Jynnelle. :( I wish I could have taken them. You know I would have taken them in a heartbeat if I didn't also have such a mean mom. :mad:

Atleast you'll get to see them whenever you want...And you'll know if they're being taken care of.

I know how hard it must have been for you to post this. :( But I'm glad that people aren't blaming you...I know that if I ever had to give up one of my pets, it wouldn't be MY fault, and I know it's the same with you.

Aspen and Misty
09-07-2003, 11:49 PM
Peronsally I'm not sure if you should go visit them. You're just going to confuse them even more! I think you should just end your relationship with them here and now. I know it will be hard to do but if you truly love them you will.

Ash

Crikit
09-07-2003, 11:55 PM
I have to say I'm with everyone else on this topic. What you're parents did to the birds wasn't fair. However it does make me think, how long will it be till you come home one day and your mom tells you she's decided that you have to get rid of the rats, or that she no longer wants the dogs and she's sent them to live on a "farm" or they've "runaway"?

Just do yourself a favour and don't even think about getting amy pets until you have a place of your own AND you can afford to care for them both financially and emotionally.

tikeyas_mom
09-08-2003, 12:14 AM
She would never take away my dog, if she did I would run away and kill my self. I even told her that ...

CathyBogart
09-08-2003, 01:22 AM
My mother did the same thing with my rabbits a few years ago when we moved. I made the very hard decision then not to have any more animals. After a year of that my mother seemed to realize what ahe had done and allowed me to get my lizard.

My mom also gave up the last two dogs we had, one because of a BAYBEE (one of the LAMEST excuses to abandon a family member) and one because he bit small children.

It took me a long time to realize what was happening, and it's been a long road trying to educate someone who doesn't want to listen. If you want, PM or email me and we'll try to figure out how to convince her that she's damaging innocent lives.

I think that if we had gotten Wilbur three years ago, she would have given him up because of his housebreaking problems. Now, however, we're persevering with him.

So...I just made a long rambling post that didn't really have a ton to do with the original topic. Sorry...

luckies4me
09-08-2003, 01:49 AM
I don't know why people are feeling so sorry for the birds, I feel more bad for TM.

If her mother hates the birds so much, I think her rehoming them was the best thing because god forbid, if she should do something horrible to them, being in a caring loving home is the best thing, is it not? Perhaps in this home, the new owners will have more patience, not scream or yell at the birds, feed and water them more often, mayb even provide more toys or out of cage time? I hope this is the case. They deserve better than what they had at her house.

TM, I am very saddened that this had to happen. I know you loved your birds very much. I only wish you had a mother who wasn't so stupid. Perhaps it was best if the birds were rehomed, because maybe now they will be with someone who WILL love them, and not find them annoying or loud or dirty, someone will will care for them the way they need to be cared for.

Again I am very saddened by this. I hope you realize that maybe this was the best thing for them. I know if I was a bird, I wouldn't want an owner who disliked me so much!

Kfamr
09-08-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
I don't know why people are feeling so sorry for the birds, I feel more bad for TM.

Because the birds have already been through so much.
I'm actually kind of glad they're in a better home.

luckies4me
09-08-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Because the birds have already been through so much.
I'm actually kind of glad they're in a better home.

EXACTLY! That was my point! Maybe now they will have the love and attention they deserve! Did you read my entire post?

They NEED better, they are not getting what they deserve at her house! It's better for them to go somewhere where they won't be yelled at and nelgected, to someone who will love them and treat them with respect! I can only hope this is the way it turns out.

zanzanfergie
09-08-2003, 07:04 AM
Please, just do not get any more pets TM. Concentrate on protecting your current pets from your parents, who seem to be the apparent source of all your pet's problems. If I was you I'd keep them clean, quiet, and obedient so as not to attract too much attention.

Amber
09-10-2003, 02:00 PM
dont get anymore animals.

primabella
09-10-2003, 03:13 PM
I am very sorry it turned out this way. I thought your mom agreed to keeping them. Or maybe I was just hoping that. :(

I cannot believe your parents would just GIVE AWAY your pets because of a stupid floor?! :mad: "Oh they're noisy" Geez, so are my birds but my father knows I love them so he wouldn't dare hurt them. Or else I am sure he would have released them in the back by now. I just cannot believe she would give them up.

Not you inparticular, but your parents.

You guys get a new animal then in a few years or so, it's gone. Do your parents know how confusing and stressful it is for animals to change conditions so much?

I think you're better off not accepting any more animals into your household until you move out or you're absolutely POSITIVE the animal will spend the rest of it's life with you.

I agree with this. I know it is not your fault but please try to prevent this again by never accepting another pet into your house again UNTIL you have your own home and can provide for it. Or your parents swear to keep them FOR LIFE. It isn't fair for these poor animals. They rely on you for a home, food, shelter, love and care and they get kicked out because of a new floor. Not trying to pin this on you, I am just so sad about this.

I'm sorry about what happened. I don't assume you will be bringing in a new pet or anything, so please don't.