PDA

View Full Version : outside kitty

momofcats
09-07-2003, 03:41 PM
New problem. As I have been talking about under the cat rescue area...I found a mommy and her baby kittens earlier in the week. I brought them in my garage and have been feeding them. Well, today Molly (the mom) decides she wants to come in the house. 1) my husband does not want anymore inside animals; 2) my two cats don't seem thrilled with her on the deck....let alone inside:mad:; 3) Molly has claws and mine don't and she did not react positively outside when she saw my dog inside; 4) my dog doesn't seem thrilled with her; 5) I would want her checked out for any diseases before introducing her to my inside cats anyway.
I leave the garage door cracked open to get some air in there during the day....I spent over an hour fighting with her to stay in the garage (with her babies) and not want to come in. I lost the battle.
If she wasn't someone's cat she is the most friendly wild cat I have ever met (not to mention if you pat your lap...she jumps in it...a little trick I learned while spending quality time w/her).
Help. If nobody comes looking for her and I can't convince my husband to let her stay inside...do you think she would eventually be happy living outside and being taken care of? I know...I am weird

PayItForward
09-07-2003, 03:56 PM
I really think all cats deserve to have an inside home.

My cats are inside/outside but they choose to come in whenever they want to.

If you can persuade your husband keep her (with claws) inside great but otherwise try and get her adopted to a family who can give her the security of inside living.

I know you are attached to her but being an outside kitty 24/7 is not an ideal situation.

jenluckenbach
09-07-2003, 04:39 PM
I can only hope that you will not force this obviously tame, friendly and sweet kitty to live her entire life outside if there is any way of placing her with a family that will take her in as PART of their family (meaning inside where the humans live). If this were a feral cat with no hopes of taming I might feel different, but this cat obviously craves the indoors and she should be given the chance to spend her days in the comfort of a home (if that cannot be yours than she should be offered for adoption). This is only my opinion.