PDA

View Full Version : Trendy goes pet friendly

Rachel
09-07-2003, 09:32 AM
A new mall opened in our city a year ago, although Geneva Commons doesn't like to be called a mall. Instead they prefer to be referred to as a *lifestyle* shopping center. Today the center has 76 stores, restaurants and eating *venues*. The stores are supposed to appeal to the *affluent, trend-conscious consumers who are willing to spend money* and consist of *upscale* national chain specialty stores.

Although this is a generality, the translation of all that to me is, the things you buy will cost more, so I rarely go over there.

Yet today, they may have hooked even me.....:cool:

An article in the newpaper indicated that 17 of the stores welcome well-behaved pets in their stores. Abercrombie & Fitch, Adrienne Vittadini, Bath & Body Works, Coldwater Creek, Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Smith & Hawkin are some of the stores. Those stores identify themselves with a pet friendly logo (a pawprint inside a circle). In addition the outside seating areas of 6 of the *eating venues* also welcome pooches. Store managers merely ask that shoppers come prepared for pet accidents. :o

Sometime in the near future....watch for the accounts of Hannah and Tucker shop the mall (oops, excuse us ) the lifestyle experience.

aly
09-07-2003, 10:21 AM
Wow, that is awesome! I WISH I could take my dogs shopping with me like that... even if I never bought anything, it'd be fun :)

Can't wait to hear how it goes when Hannah and Tucker go shopping!

Aspen and Misty
09-07-2003, 10:45 AM
LUCKY!

I wish Novie could go buy clothes with me. Then maybe I would go shopping every once and awhile :p

Ash

lizbud
09-07-2003, 12:31 PM
Wow Rachel, that sounds great. I would love to have those
kind of pet friendly shops around here. I think Tucker & Hannah
will love getting to go more places with their folks.Looking
forward to some adventure stories.:D

Pam
09-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Rachel, I just did a little search on Google to see what other stores in Geneva Commons might be in store for a visit from Hannah and Tucker. I found a store called Wet Nose. :cool: It sounds like it might be the first stop on your next shopping trip. Whatever you do, don't forget to bring along the camera! Bella and Ripley are very jealous. :)

CamCamPup33
09-07-2003, 12:48 PM
in gatlinburg they had the mall where you can bring your pets.. They even had pet stores inside the mall! :eek: I was like well we could have brought cami! :D I 'wish it was like that here!

RubyMutt
09-07-2003, 01:13 PM
That is so neat! I want to take Ruby shopping with me! :eek:

lovemyshiba
09-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Sounds like a great place!!!
Make sure you bring your camera for Hannah and Tucker's shopping trip!!

tatsxxx11
09-07-2003, 04:47 PM
Wow, Rachel!!! That's so neat!:) Star's already put in her request for a "home transfer" to Geneva!:D Hannah and Tucker with their own accounts....:D No doubt The Princess of Pillows will be frequenting only the finest shops!!:D