PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes it all happens at once :(

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-07-2003, 06:57 AM
You know sometimes you wake up in the morning and think "OK, what's going to go wrong today?"....well that's how I am feeling at the moment...

1. My stolen $3000 laptop was never found, and neither my c/card issuer or my HR department has come up with any compensation.

2. Our local airline lost my husbands golf clubs on Friday - there is no trace of them, and he is a left-handed player and has custom-fit clubs, so they are irreplacable, and the airline compensation is a joke!

3. Patches is still missing.

4. My husband is having a problem getting a new multi-visa for Bahrain which basically means I have two choices:
A. Live in Bahrain without my husband until he can get a new residence permit in APril next year
B. Move to Saudi and give up my job / nice house / driving / freedom / plus my kids will have a 90 minute commute to school and back every day

5. My hubby won't let me get another cat for my birthday (I was at the shelter on Thursday and fell in love with Thomas - a russian blue, green eyed lump of love, who was an abuse case and now has no tail!

Sorry to vent - I just needed to "talk" to someone...sometimes it just feels like everything goes wrong at the same time!

Cataholic
09-07-2003, 07:25 AM
I don't know what to say....things have been pretty cruddy for you. I am so sad that Patches is still missing. It breaks my heart.

I hope the consulate re-thinks the visa for your husband. It would be difficult on you and the children to be away from him.

The other things? Well, they are financial, and either they are going to pay for your laptop/clubs, or they are not. Would the company you purchased the laptop give you any satisfaction(seems kind of far fetched, doesn't it?).

Good luck, and I will keep you, your family and Patches in my prayers.

{{{hugs}}}

Barbara
09-07-2003, 08:13 AM
That's a lot to cope with :(

I couldn't imagine to live in Saudi. My ex-husband (we are still friends has been working there for 4 years (his wife was in Germany) and whenever she came to see him he had bring the burka to the airport for her....

I wish the government thought about it.

I can't understand why he is so against a sceond cat. 4 cats are more work than 2 (and it would be better to have some more petting hands) but 2 are easier than one.

I hope there will soon be some silver lines at te horizon:)

Cat kissies from Filou and headbumpies from Tigris.

primabella
09-07-2003, 08:47 AM
I'm so sorry things aren't going well with you. I'll be sending some positive thoughts your way. :)

anna_66
09-07-2003, 09:23 AM
I really hope things start looking up for you, but in the mean time I'll be sending positive {{{{VIBES}}}} your way!
Anna

rg_girlca
09-07-2003, 11:18 AM
Boy you have more than your share of problems and I truely feel for you.

You'll be in my prayers and positive thoughts that all will work out for you and your hubby in the end.

wolfsoul
09-07-2003, 11:45 AM
That sounds terrible! :( I really hope things turn around. :(

Sending positive thoughts your way..!

popcornbird
09-07-2003, 11:59 AM
Oh that just sucks! :( I hope your husband can get his visa, because it would be horrible for you and your kids, living without him...............and personally, I don't think I would want to move from Bahrain to Saudi! :eek: I think Bahrain is a much more comfortable/free society to live in, compared to Saudi.

Barbara, you don't HAVE to wear a burqa in Saudi Arabia. You just have to dress decently, but when I went there a long time ago, I saw LOTS of Americans and people from other countries without a burqa on the streets. I think showing your legs or arms is prohibited though.......but I'm not sure. :confused:

Good luck with everything Julie, and hope all goes well!

zippy-kat
09-07-2003, 12:30 PM
Oh my!
You sure have many things on your plate. I think the other PTers have given you all the advice I had to offer. Know my thoughts are with you during this time. There's a light at the end of the tunnel; when it seems to have diminished, rely on PT and your family to help you find it.

Edwina's Secretary
09-07-2003, 12:57 PM
What about insurance? If you have homeowners -- or renters insurance it should cover both losses to some extent.

And if a cat were to simply appear?

Miss Meow
09-07-2003, 04:53 PM
Gosh, that's a lot to deal with at once. I hope your husband gets his visa sorted out soon, and I hope dear Patches shows up. {{{hugs}}}

KYS
09-07-2003, 05:36 PM
When it rains it pours. :(
{{{{Lots of HUGS}}}}

krazyaboutkatz
09-07-2003, 05:45 PM
Julie, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. I sure hope that things start looking up soon. {{{HUGS}}}

gini
09-07-2003, 06:46 PM
Goodness sakes, that is quite a list of current problems.

It never seems like it at the time, but things do change for the better and it will all get sorted out. You just didn't need to have your lap top and your husband's golf clubs stolen on top of everything else.

Come here and vent anytime you want - all of us have had things pile up on us once in a while - it is just a shame that it is your turn.

All of us care and I will send positive thoughts and prayers your way that soon most of your days are sunny.

shais_mom
09-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Wow when it rains it poors! :(
Please know you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Sevens
09-07-2003, 09:58 PM
That is so much to deal with at one time. I will be thinking about you and as Anna said, trying to send you some positive vibes.

**HUGS***

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-08-2003, 01:22 AM
Wow, you guys are so great. I guess I just need to get from day to day at the moment until things straighten themselves out. My Mum-InLaw has started a prayer chain for us, aking for resolution of our problems, so I am believing that our prayers will be answered soon!

There's nothing like a "Virtual Hug" from all of you at Pet Talk to raise the spirits! Thanks again guys - hopefully my next update will be some good news!

By the way PCB, you are right about not HAVING to wear a burka (or abaya as we call it here) - the key is to maintain an extremely conservative form of dress - however jeans etc are frowned upon, and if you wear a normal long-sleeved shirt there is always the chance that the neck will slip and show too much shoulder, so it's actually easier to just wear a tracksuit / jeans etc, and throw the Abaya on over it! There are also still places in Saudi - especially in Riyadh which is closer to Mecca - where things are A LOT more conservative than Khobar, and in those areas most westerners prefer to cover their hair also (NOT their whole face), so as not to draw attention (especially if you are blond!!)

I guess the downside to moving to Saudi (other than the commute for my poor kids) is the total loss of freedom for me. I can't imagine not being able to jump in the car and go somewhere on a whim, but to have to wait for company transport to go shopping, or take a taxi, or ask my hubby to cart me around :(....... Also with my kids being quite grown up (My eldest daughter Amber turned 14 yesterday) I quite enjoy working, and I am not sure what I would do if I was stuck at home all day!

Anyway, PCB, you are right about Bahrain, despite all its faults it is a much more pleasant place to live than Saudi, so I will just beleive that a solution will be found soon!

PayItForward
09-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Gosh, you have a lot on your plate at the moment.

Sending prayers & hugs from England. Hope things turn around for you. (Sooner rather than later)