PDA

View Full Version : Question...

wolfsoul
09-06-2003, 11:06 PM
Do you need a credit card to buy off of ebay? Anyone know?

Thanks! :)

Uabassoon
09-06-2003, 11:08 PM
It depends on the seller. Some things can be bought with a check or money order. The actual auction will tell you what kind of payment they prefer.

wolfsoul
09-06-2003, 11:14 PM
Oh that's good, thanks! :D I don't have a credit card, and neither does my mom, nor do I think I'll ever have one, so I'm glad that I may still be able to get good stuff! :)

Twisterdog
09-07-2003, 12:25 AM
I believe that you have to have a credit card number on file to register with ebay, because that is how they charge you the fees if you should ever sell something.

Fox-Gal
09-07-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
I believe that you have to have a credit card number on file to register with ebay, because that is how they charge you the fees if you should ever sell something.

No you just need valid e-mail address to sign up, not one of the free e-mail address like Yahoo, where anybody can sign up for. It has to be through a internet provider, like MSN, Earthlink Aol etc.

Then go to Paypal and set up an account with them, it's free. What they do is deposit like .03cent or so into your bank account. Once you get the deposit, you tell them the amount they deposited to verify you have an account and then you can pay for you e-bay items with Pay Pal. Almost all e-bay sellers take paypal as payment. They perfer it.

I've been doing PayPal for years and never had a problem. Plus if a seller does not ship you the item, Paypal will refund you your money back. I had to do that once and there was not one problem with them.