PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Dogz
09-06-2003, 10:00 PM
Ok, my sister wanted to have a friend over. No problem right? Well, my mom had never met her friend, but my mom said fine. We were going to a dance, and my sister said that if they got bored they would drive home. My mom told my sister that she couldn't have her friend over because she didn't know her, and she didn't want her in our house while she wasn't there. My sister thought my mom was judging her, so they argued, and finally my sister said fine, she doesn't need to come. My dad thought that my sisters friend should be able to come over, so he talked to my mom, and my mom finally gave in, but then my sisters friend actually couldn't come over. So my sister is mad at my mom because she thinks that she was judging her friend. What do you think? Is this judging someone, or what is it?

Kfamr
09-06-2003, 10:04 PM
I see no problem with your mother not allowing your sister to have a friend over while they were gone. Your mother wasn't judging, because she has nothing to judge as she does not know this person.

She was just looking out for HER household as she is the one (or one of, since your father also has input.) that owns and sets the rules for it.

I can see your sister getting mad, as that's how most kids are if friends aren't allowed over. :)

Dogz
09-06-2003, 10:06 PM
I didn't really think that she was judging the friend, I understand that she didn't want someone in her home that she didn't know. My sister is still mad, and probably will keep making a big deal about it.:rolleyes:

Karen
09-06-2003, 10:36 PM
That was kind of dizzying to follow, but I don't think you mom was pre-judging your sister's friend, I think she was just being careful!

Uabassoon
09-06-2003, 11:07 PM
I don't think your mom was juding your sisters friend. I would want a strange kid in my house either. My parents were like that when I was younger, if they didn't know someone then I couldn't go out with them alone until they met them. Your sister has no reason to be mad at your mom, she's just trying to do what is best for her.