PDA

View Full Version : Cat question

Mr.Slim79Mysti
09-06-2003, 07:40 PM
My kitten, Conner, has a small dot of blood. Its not bleeding now but it was before its not big at all like the size of a pencil prick. But he's my baby and wanna make sure its nothing serious internal or something.

PayItForward
09-06-2003, 07:43 PM
Ring your local vets for advice.

I always seek advice when I am unsure.

Someone else may have more information.

Where is your kitten bleeding ?

Mr.Slim79Mysti
09-06-2003, 09:08 PM
not bleeding anymore it is a little but under his ear

krazyaboutkatz
09-07-2003, 12:58 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk. :D Your kitten may have scratched himself with his claws. I'd watch him to make sure it stops bleeding. If he continues to scratch his ears, he may have fleas or earmites. Hopefully this isn't the case, but if it is he needs to see a vet. Please keep us updated. Good luck. :)

bisi.cat
09-07-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
If he continues to scratch his ears, he may have fleas or earmites.
I've thought exactly the same thing...maybe it could have been a tick, too!!!

Please watch the spot carefully and examine your kitten for fleas and earmites, if unsure ask the vet!!!
Good luck!

Mr.Slim79Mysti
09-07-2003, 09:09 AM
he's got flees so we gave him a bath( he loved that and are defleeing are entire house, we got lots of animals!!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-07-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Slim79Mysti
he's got flees so we gave him a bath( he loved that and are defleeing are entire house, we got lots of animals!!! You may still need to take him to the vet because some fleas carry tapeworms. I just went through this problem with my cat Sky. The vet can give him some pills that will kill all kinds of worms. Good luck. :)