PDA

View Full Version : Randi and Jonza -- A Question

Edwina's Secretary
09-06-2003, 04:04 PM
Yesterday on the radio I heard about a man in Denmark who bought a pony for his daughter...and then realized he had no place to keep it as they live in an apartment. So, as he had seen on a cartoon show, he lead it up the stairs and into the apartment.

Some neighbor complained about the smell and the noise...(imagine that....Soledad's neighbor should read this -- and feel lucky.)

So is this a Danish tradition?????:D :D :D

Barbara
09-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Medieval Danish, maybe:confused: :confused: :confused:

Cataholic
09-06-2003, 07:11 PM
As I have always said, "gotta watch them Danes":D

Randi
09-07-2003, 06:58 AM
LOL! We saw it in the paper yesterday. It appears that he had bought the pony for his 9 year old daugter without thinking much about where to put it, so to begin with, the pony were kept on the grass area around the buildings. He then took it up to the flat - and even gave it a good wash in their bathroom. :D

He must soon have realized that this was not the proper way, because, when the police came, the man were fast asleep and the pony had been taken out to an uncle's farm.

I'm pretty sure he got the idea from a famous film a few years ago or a cartoon show. :rolleyes:

And NO, it's not a danish tradition!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-07-2003, 07:20 AM
YEARS back I had a first-floor apartment (only 2 bedrooms and REALLY small), so when my (now) hubby and I moved in together I moved to his house, and we rented out my apartment.

After quite a few complaints I went round and found that the tenant I had rented to had sub-let to someone else without telling me (the rent money was still going into my bank account like clockwork so I had no idea....)

.......and I found my "new" tenants were keeping live chickens in the apt - there were about 20 chickens when I went there! (Plus about 7 or 8 people) They were Chinese immigrants and hardly spoke any English, so I had to get a colleague of mine to translate........they were keeping them "some to eat and some to sell" and they saw absolutely NOTHING wrong with chicken farming in an appartment. Needless to say I kicked them out PDQ - but it took AGES to clean the place up and rent it out again!!!