PDA

View Full Version : Dear Diary -- GOLLY!!

Edwina's Secretary
09-06-2003, 03:02 PM
Dear Diary,

Let me start by saying that HH lied to me! A "vet" is an animal doctor! I did get a medal though. And I was such a good boy. I cried a bit on the way there but once we got in the room I let Curly or Blondie hold me the whole time we waited for the "Vet" (I don't think she ever was in the army!) I sat on the table and never struggled or made a sound. No one could believe I am related to HH (who has a "bad kitty" sticker in her file ---snicker.) I didn't even flinch when she stuck me with little needles. She checked to make sure my wings were clipped (for some reason Blondie was worried about that!)

But Dear Diary....when my friends told me I would get a treat after....no one told what a FABULOUS treat it would be.

Curly and Blondie went to the grocery after we returned and that's when I found my treat. A chipmunk -- a real live chipmunk!!!! When they returned from the store Blondie noticed blood on my nose and that HH and I were madly dancing around a bookcase. We'd also mussed some throw rugs.
:rolleyes: Blondie heard Chippie squeak and looked behind the bookcase.
"They have a mouse!" she yelled to Curly. Just then Chippie ran to the kitchen and the back door. "No, it's a chipmunk!" It reached the door before Blondie could open it. She lunged for the door and opened and now......nobody knows where Chippie is!

They took all the drawers out (that's where those glasses have been!) ran the dishwasher, took the front panel off. Who knows?????

Meanwhile....I've found a really big fly they got me. Boy, this going to the vet isn't so bad if I get such nice treats afterwards!

Excitedly,

Eddie

NoahsMommy
09-06-2003, 03:20 PM
A REAL chipmunk???? Wow! You SCORED!!!!

Even though I'm sure you'd rather get to play with your new toy, I hope Chippie is safe outside now. ;)

Good boy at the vet too!

Killearn Kitties
09-06-2003, 03:30 PM
Gosh Eddie! What an action packed day you had!! Glad to hear that you are OK. Hope the chipmunk is too. ;)

Barbara
09-06-2003, 03:34 PM
Oh Sara, I knew you were an organization genius -but how did you manage to get a real chipmunk in just for Eddie:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm ROFL:D :D :D

Freckles
09-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Blondie noticed blood on my nose

Whose Blood?

Cataholic
09-06-2003, 03:39 PM
Freckles raises a very good question!

Way to be a trooper at the White Coats! Could we have your vitals, please???

gini
09-06-2003, 03:43 PM
Well, I bet this adventure has impressed HH!!

jenluckenbach
09-06-2003, 04:02 PM
WOW Eddie, you get the bestest gifts. We aren't allowed ta play with the mousies that are in our house. (Mama keeps them penned up).

lizbud
09-06-2003, 09:12 PM
Wow Eddie,

What a great surprise.:eek: Don't know how the Chipmonk
fared, but I'm sure you scored points with Ms. Edwina.:D :D
Glad you had a good trip to the vets and earned your medal
of bravery. :)

bisi.cat
09-07-2003, 03:09 AM
Dear Eddie,

what an adventurous day for you!!!

A real chipmunk...now I am very impressed and I wonder wether my dearest Edwina is impressed, too!?
(Of course I am sure she wouldn't let you know!!!)

If you manage to get the chipmunk before Blondie or Curly will find it, could you send it over to me!?

Yummy,

Nellie

09-07-2003, 05:36 AM
Oh Eddie, you have such an exciting life there!
Hey, tell us, how did Miss Lady Edwina react to that chipmunk??

Oh, is it possible for someone to post a pic of such an animal; I have absolutely NO idea how it looks like :rolleyes: :D ;)

koxka
09-07-2003, 05:53 AM
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/centraloregon/kids/kidswildlifesite/mammals/mammal-images/chipmunk.jpg

" Another kind of squirrel is the chipmunk. These are smaller than most squirrels, but very active. They have underground burrows which can be 25-70 cm deep which they line with grasses and leaves. During the winter, chipmunks go into a semi-hibernation where they sleep almost all of the time, waking up only to eat from the food that they have stored in their burrow. During the summer and fall, then, they have a bug job to do to collect enough food not only to eat, but also to last through the entire winter!"

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-07-2003, 06:17 AM
Wow Eddie - what an exciting day you had! Seems like all the "toys" you got totally overshadowed the visit to the vet - what a brave boy you are!

Randi
09-07-2003, 06:36 AM
Dear Eddie,

I’m glad to hear your vet visit was such a succes. With toys like that afterwards, I bet you can’t wait for your next trip. :D However, a chipmunk is quite a big mouthful, but fun to play with if you don’t get bitten on your nose! I’m sure Chippie has gone out for advise from Shirley, to prepare for the next encounter!

And Edwina is surely impressed with you now! ;)

catmandu
09-07-2003, 10:05 AM
A CHIPMUNK! WOW! All we ever get on a Vet Visit is a Cat Nip Toy ans some Free Samples! We Want A Chipmunk Too! Peferably Alvin!

jazzcat
09-07-2003, 11:09 AM
Wow Eddie you lucky guy. All Ripley ever gets after going to the vet is ticked. Sounds like you were a real trooper - and a chipmunk to boot.

PayItForward
09-07-2003, 12:04 PM
We just get ignored after vet visits.

George ignores us the best. He walks to where you are sitting and sits down with his back to you. Pointedly ignoring us...all treats are ignored...Cats!!!

AmberLee
09-07-2003, 03:25 PM
What excitement!

Uh, Eddie, sometimes the treats after white coat visits aren't THAT exciting. Perhaps you might get a fuzzy ball or catnip do-hickey next time. But I'm sure you really enjoyed your chipmunk.

{{{cuddlies}}}

Miss Meow
09-07-2003, 07:04 PM
"Wings clipped" snicker snicker snicker :) :) :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Eddie, I'm glad to hear that you were such a good boy at the whitecoats.:) When they told you that you'd be getting a treat afterwards, I'm sure they were as surprised as you when Mr. Chippie arrived. What a neat surprise. In the future you'll most likely get some turkey as a treat or be allowed outside on your harness. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-07-2003, 08:19 PM
Tubby is sooooo jealous!!! He had to go to the vet today too (six month check-up) and all he got was some measely Whiska treats afterwards. Not anywhere near as good - or exciting - as a real live chipmunk in the house!!!

Eddie, you are one lucky kitty! :D