PDA

View Full Version : New kitten on Sept. 27th

sweet_stormy
09-06-2003, 02:13 PM
I'm going to be getting a new kitten on sept. 27th or 28th. she is so cute. she will not meow or make any noises when i pick her up, but when my friend picks her up she squeeks and meows and trys to get down. right now, sept. 6th, mittens is about 5 weeks old. she is grey and white. her name is mittens because all around her legs is grey, but her paws are white. she picked me. i will be getting her when she is 8 weeks old. my 2 cats wont be too pleased :D we have tried this before (with mittens' mother's first litter). we had 2 kittens from the first litter and my cat hated them. i cant wait until i am able to have mittens in my home. i have already made a bed and put a kitty litter pan and a kitty food and water dish in my room for her.

jenluckenbach
09-07-2003, 11:08 AM
How exciting. Keep in mind that your current cats will not like the newcomer right away, and that is normal and should be expected. Slow introductions are the key. Try too fast to shove a new kitten on the resident cats and you are destined for another failure. Good luck with Mittens.

jazzcat
09-07-2003, 11:14 AM
Congrats. Can't wait to see pictures.

sweet_stormy
09-07-2003, 01:35 PM
thanx. i will post pictures all the time of Mittens. she is so cute. my cat stormy just doesnt like kittens or little children (in elementary school and younger). i dont know why. and thanx again!

krazyaboutkatz
09-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Congrats on your new addition!!!:D Mittens sounds like a sweetheart. I can't wait to hear more about her and also see some pics of her. :) Like Jen said, you need to introduce her slowly to your other cats. If you have a spare room, you should keep her in there for a week to 2 weeks and only let her out when you can supervise her. Good luck and please keep us updated. :)

sweet_stormy
09-11-2003, 07:31 PM
hey, krazyaboutkatz, your kat Cirrus looks like my kitty Stormy. lol. that is so weird.