PDA

View Full Version : Rude comments from children

wolf_Q
09-06-2003, 12:39 AM
One of the people I work with brings her son with her every day she works. It's a cute kid, but meh, I'm not a kid person. I'm annoyed easily. Here's a good example of why:

"You have fangs."
"Oh really? Yeah I know..."
"I have fangs too."
"Thats nice."
"Yeah my mom got them for my halloween costume, I'm going to be a vampire."
:eek: "Umm...thanks?"

Ahhh....I shouldn't let myself be insulted by children......

Any stories from all of you?

zippy-kat
09-06-2003, 12:51 AM
You shoulda bit him! lol

Kids will be kids but... :mad: sometimes!

primabella
09-06-2003, 08:27 AM
Lol, first time I read it I didn't get it. :p Little brat :rolleyes: You sholuld have scared him and told him you didn't need a costume to be a vampire because you were one. :p

iceyshiver21
09-06-2003, 08:42 AM
little kids...will be kids...Unfortunately.

CathyBogart
09-06-2003, 10:25 AM
When I had my hair short I couldn't believe how many kids asked me if I was a boy or a girl. :mad: a$$holes....When I was a kid I would NEVER have asked someone something like that.

Wolf_Q: do you really have fangs? Nifty!! :D

Icyshiver: Yes, kids will be kids, but the parents have a responsibility to see to it that they know basic manners. If my parents could manage it I'm sure any can. :)

Dogz
09-06-2003, 10:56 AM
The parent part... hmmm.. it seems as if when the kids do all this the parents either don't care, or aren't there, or don't listen.:rolleyes: Yeah, I like your idea primabella! Wow, I never knew you had fangs amy!:eek: :p ;)

I know this one time this little kid came over to my house, and he went into my closet, was digging through all of my stuff, looking for toys. I had this little plastic dog figurine that was on my birthday cake like 5 years before or something, and I didn't need it any more, so I said that he could have it(hoping he would go play with it or something:rolleyes: ) Well about five minutes later he came up to me and said, "Can we go and find something else for me to keep?"
:rolleyes:

tikeyas_mom
09-06-2003, 01:01 PM
;) I have a very bad story...

I was walking Tikeya through the naibourhood and I spotted one of my brothers lil friends "he is 9 years old" I said "hi"

He said" your dog is the most ugl dog I have ever seen"

" why?"

then he wouldent answer so I started to walk away, as he shouted that I was a fattie :eek::eek::eek:

I ignored him so then he shouted louder that I was a "Fing Fattie" he used the whole word!!!!!! I couldent believe it!! so I turned around and asked him why he swears like that, he jusat replyed saying "F**K, F**K, F**K, F**K" I was in shock I told him that he wasnt alloud to hang out with my lil brother anymore, he just replyed calling my a *Bit**"..... :mad:

some kids :mad:

wolf_Q
09-06-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan

Wolf_Q: do you really have fangs? Nifty!! :D

No, lol.....my canine teeth are just slightly pointed at the bottom, not just square and boring.

primabella
09-06-2003, 08:10 PM
So my teeth are boring are they? :mad: JK Hehe ;)

TM what a little .... twerp. :mad:

wolfsoul
09-06-2003, 09:27 PM
Oooh aren't kids ignorant sometimes? Sometimes I just want to hit them lol. Usually it's the 10-15 year olds that are starting to grow up.

The other day, my stepmom and I went down the Penticton channel on floaties. Before we went, she went to go to the bathroom and I stood at the shore with the floaties waiting for her. These kids (12-13 or so year old boys) were yelling and screaming and being really dumb. Then they come over to me, and the kid starts pushing down on the floatie. I'm like "Stop it." He goes "Can I have your gatorade?" I'm like, "Uh no." Then he asks why, and I'm like "Cuz it's not even mine!" (it was my stepmom's). Then my stepmom gets out of the bathroom and sees the kid pressing on the floatie and says "Hey! Piss off!" LOL I love it when there's a grown up that isn't afraid to swear at losers and doesn't mind if I do too. Then, right as we were getting on the floaties, and RIGHT in front of us, one of the stupid kid goes, "Hey, how about that ladie's nipples?" ?!?! My stepmom's nipples are peirced and I guess he could see it through her suit.

As we were going down the channel, we saw the kids riding their bikes down the road beside us, and we were going to go under the bridge. I heard the kid say "Let's spit on them!" And I'm like "F*** you!" Then I was like "Ooops, sorry", to my stepmom because I don't usually say things like that in front of adults, and she's like, "It's okay, I don't care, they're little b*st*rds!" Then she screams out the same thing I did! Then she says "If you f***ing spit on me I'll go up there and kick your @$$!" LOL. Needless to say, they missed us when we were going under the bridge.

OOOH I still wanted to hurt them.

kingrattus
09-06-2003, 11:39 PM
zippy: You shoulda bit him! lol

Kids will be kids but... sometimes!
=================

u just reminded me of a stupid kid & biting.

My friends younger cuz was tormenting me, by tossing rocks & snails at me. So I told her to bite herself & the stupid kid did & she cried & I was sent home for hurting her.. hmmmm

GoldenRetrLuver
09-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Some kids...:rolleyes: There just being brats.

I have fangs...lol. My dentist always comments on them like "wow, look at those things." I'm like..uhhh thanks?

Twisterdog
09-07-2003, 12:39 AM
It depends on the age of the child, whether it is funny or rude, IMO.

Little kids don't understand the distinction between telling the truth and telling so much of the truth that it hurts. Little kids just think "fat" and "ugly" are descriptions, like "blue" and "square", they don't understand that it hurts people's feelings.

However, beyond the age of about five, they should know better!

zanzanfergie
09-07-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
No, lol.....my canine teeth are just slightly pointed at the bottom, not just square and boring.
Me too Amy! You know, in some parts of Indonesia they file their canine teeth down as a rite of passage upon entering adolescence. :eek: Personally I like having a bit of a unique jaw, except it hurts like buggery when you bite your tongue because they're so pointy.

Chinadoll
09-07-2003, 11:07 AM
Some young children are brutally honest. They just haven't learned how to be tactful with their comments. It's the older ones that know better that you feel like slapping.

Sort of off topic...what is it with new Mommies? (and this isn't meant to completely generalize new mommies but a few I've come across have acted this way.) My SIL just had her first baby about 4 months ago. I love her child(my godchild) dearly. Well at lunch the other day she was telling me about how Abby's bottle got switched at the nursery. I must have looked bored, because she said to me, "You'll understand when your a Mommy."

I had to grit my teeth. I know she doesn't realize how condescending she sounds. But why is it all the sudden, she has this Mother knows best attitude for everyone? And it's not just about the baby...suddenly she's an authority on everything. And I never call her on it because I know she just loves being a Mommy and maybe this is just part of it, but I swear if I ever get that patronizing to anyone after I have a child or god forbid say, "You'll understand when you're a Mommy.", somebody slap me.

CathyBogart
09-07-2003, 01:14 PM
I HATE that kind of BS! I intend to live a life unfettered by the stress/financial burden of offspring, and more people need to respect other peoples' decisions. As long as they aren't hurting anyone, wy does it matter that they have decided differently than them?!

You'll understand when you're a mommy....slap her! :mad:

(Ilovereptiles...look what you've done to me!! :D )

RICHARD
09-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Chinadoll
I must have looked bored, because she said to me, "You'll understand when your a Mommy."

My answer???

wow, being a mommy sure makes YOU smart!

or

right, i don't understand, let's have this conversation when I have MY kid!!
:rolleyes:

Tonya
09-08-2003, 09:38 PM
We said stupid stuff when we were young. That's just a part of growing up. Kids don't know any better.

CathyBogart
09-08-2003, 10:58 PM
My point is that parents need to teach kids -TO- know better, and some things are inexcusable.

"Are you a boy or a girl?" is something that I would NEVER have asked anyone, because I had manners drilled into me. I do remember saying something that I now realise is rude at a chinese restaurant, and I was taken home on the spot. I never said anything like that again.

I also would never have asked any of the things that you hear about like "Why are you so fat?"... or "why is your skin so dark?" because my parents taught me that those things were RUDE.

I was one well-mannered kid, until I found the 'Net! :P

micki76
09-08-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
My point is that parents need to teach kids -TO- know better, and some things are inexcusable.

"Are you a boy or a girl?" is something that I would NEVER have asked anyone, because I had manners drilled into me. I do remember saying something that I now realise is rude at a chinese restaurant, and I was taken home on the spot. I never said anything like that again.

I also would never have asked any of the things that you hear about like "Why are you so fat?"... or "why is your skin so dark?" because my parents taught me that those things were RUDE.

I was one well-mannered kid, until I found the 'Net! :P

I said something VERY rude in a pet store once while looking at the birds and was taken to the car for a little "talk" with my mother. Lesson learned the hard way.

I agree that parents need to teach the kids manners, but then parents aren't really teaching their kids anything these days it seems, except that they are the center of the universe! HA! I don't think so. :rolleyes:

BTW - I have fangs, too! Top and bottom! :eek:

Tonya
09-09-2003, 08:36 AM
Well, I'm talking about young kids...like 4 and under. They don't have the ability to rationalize. Just because the parents drill them not to say rude things, doesn't mean they won't. They might think it isn't rude at that age. But by 5-6 year old, they should have the ability to ration and the training to know what is appropriate to say. There is no excuse for a 7-8 year old (or older) to say rude things. My son embarrassed me a few times when he was small, but he is now is old enough to know what is right and wrong to say.

My husband used to have this thing he'd do to make Jaden laugh when he got home from work...He'd turn his hat backwards and go "Wassup, homey!" in a funny voice. Jaden was like barely 2, and he'd giggle. Well, one day, we were in the grocery store and this gangster looking guy walked by with his hat on backwards. Jaden turned his hat around and in a little two year old voice goes "Wassup, homey!" I felt like the entire produce section stopped and looked at us. I had no idea that such a little saying could be so embarrassing. But it wasn't Jaden's fault, nor really a bad thing we did on our part. It was just him being small and not knowing any better. Luckily the guy found it funny and started laughing.

2kitties
09-09-2003, 09:33 AM
I guess my question is why does this woman bring her child to work. It's an office. It's a job. It's a place for grown ups. Get a baby sitter like the rest of the world or stay home.

popcornbird
09-09-2003, 11:56 AM
While I agree that was NOT a nice statement coming from a kid, I honestly feel he doesn't know any better, being such a young child. Don't get me wrong, I get VERY annoyed when little kids say those kinds of things, and they SHOULD be taught what's right to say and what's not, however, until the age of 4, I think what their parents tell them doesn't exactly stick in their head. They're kids, they forget. I'm not much of a kid person either, but I have to admit they don't know any better when they're that young.

My parents always taught me manners, how to talk, how not to talk, how to sit, how not to sit, etc. ever since I was a little kid, and don't think I ever said anything mean or rude after age 5. I don't *think* I said rude things much when I younger than 5 either, but then one thing I did say....something that I wasn't even taught a lesson for because my parents didn't know I said it, but I felt horrible inside so much so that I remember the feeling to this day.

It was my first day of kindergarten. I was about 4 years. Our teacher asked us all to introduce ourselves. After we did, she got up and introduced herself. She said something like *I'm 35 years old and love children. I'm not married so please call me Miss and not Mrs....* plus some other things that I can't remember. Anyway, I got up, raised my hand, and asked the teacher *Howcome you're not married?* in the most innocent childish way with my eyes open wide. :rolleyes: She burst out laughing and couldn't stop for minutes. She then told me she never expected to hear that from a 4 year old. :eek: My paren'ts were obviously not at school, so they never found out, however, I was embarrassed as could be. I didn't realize what I was saying when I said it, being a small child, but when I saw how she turned red and laughed her head off, I realized I said something I wasn't supposed to. Now I feel like going back in time and slapping myself! LOL Anyway, that's the only rude thing I said that I can remember. I've never asked people why they're black or why they're white or why they're brown or why they're fanged, or all those other stupid/annoying things some kids say. :rolleyes:

Tonya
09-09-2003, 03:00 PM
Awww, popcorn. I can imagine the embarrassment. When I was three, I pointed out loudly to my mom that this guy had buck teeth. My mom was humiliated, but at that age, I didn't understand why she was so embarrassed. I think at that age, I didn't find buck teeth unattractive, or think there was anything wrong with them; I was just simply stating what I saw. Therefor I didn't understand what was wrong with saying it.

carole
09-09-2003, 03:38 PM
Having two kids of my own, I think I can comment a little on this one, firstly often kids do learn things from their parents, also Tv plays a big role these day's on what kid's learn and what they say.

Regardless there is no excuse for utter rudeness, and it is up to the parent's to render this situation, but this doe's not alway's happen, so it is not alway's the children's fault.

It really does depend on the child's age, when my son was little, he was very shy, and never embarrassed me , well hardly ever, but there was the odd occassion, like when the postie was in front of us, and he commented on what a big bum she had, now this was totally out of the blue, out of his character, but very honest, needless to say my face was red, and I had a wee chat about it with him.

Then I remember waiting in the bank, in line, he was only little , just learning to talk, and he was saying a word that sounded like the F**** word, over and over again, but of course it was not that word, but it was embarrassing.

Then you have my daughter who is a complete extrovert, the opposite to myself and my son, but she has never embarrassed me with saying inappropriate things.

Children need to be taught manner's by their parent's.

But on the lighter side, kids will be kids, and they are very open and honest and often mean no harm.

And wolfchan I think you really HATE kids, which is a little sad to me.

Tonya
09-09-2003, 03:45 PM
I hope no one hates kids. How can we hate something that we all once were?

RICHARD
09-09-2003, 04:03 PM
when my niece was learning how to talk she
did pick up some 'bad' words.....

once while visiting, she'd gone thru the house and kept repeating, 'sh*t' which, for a three year old is not that terrible-don't get me wrong-but better than the 'f' word !!!!:rolleyes:

i told my sis that she'd better fix that before it got worse......

later on sis and my mom were shopping and my niece went on a "sh*t streak" in the store......

needless to say, that was the end of that!!!!:eek:

carole
09-09-2003, 04:13 PM
oops I guess HATE was too strong a word, dislike then, Exactly my thought Tonya, how can one hate something they once were themselves.

CathyBogart
09-09-2003, 10:20 PM
Everyone's got something they dislike.

Many of the people on here dislike my most cherished pets.

One of my closest friends used to be a druggie, now is totally reformed and hates druggies.

Uabassoon
09-09-2003, 10:26 PM
"Are you a boy or a girl?" is something that I would NEVER have asked anyone,

I've been asked that so many times. I don't really mind anymore when it's a kid asking. I have a boy haircut, and wear boy clothes and at a young age I know that very young kids really don't know the difference between boys and girls other than boys have short hair and girls have long hair. But I've had adults call me sir many times which I don't understand I have huge boobies! I was walking into a restroom once and had an employee grab the back of my shirt and say "sir that's the ladies room" and turned around I told her that I knew that. So sorry to ramble, but I'd much rather have a little kid confuse me for a boy than an adult.

CathyBogart
09-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Ouch! You've got me there....I've never had an adult say anything like that...although the guy who is now my best friend thought I was my ex's little brother when he first met me! :)

Uabassoon
09-09-2003, 11:48 PM
LOL I can beat you once again. One of my best friends is a gay guy and I met him because he was trying to hit on me because he thought I was a boy. Thankfully he noticed after we started talking, it took months before he admitted to me that he first started talking me because he was trying to flirt.

CathyBogart
09-09-2003, 11:51 PM
*Laughs* That's pretty good! I think I'd be flattered.... :)

wolflady
09-09-2003, 11:53 PM
Interesting thread. I have experienced some rude things kids say as well. I do agree kids will be kids, but also parents need to be parents. I do not think it's cute when little kids swear. One of my old high school friends went down a very bad path in her life, and at just about 21, she got knocked up by her 17 yr old boyfriend :eek: She and her little HS dropout boyfriend have the most foul mouths ever, and I just think it's sad that a kid lives in an environment where all he learns is bad words and loss of innocence very early in life. I remember when he was 2, and he was talking about and pointing to his weiner and making nasty comments. At 2 years of age! Now he is just a foul mouthed brat. It's more sad than anything, but what other role models does he have? :(

My husband's cousin has 2 young sons. I went to a 4th of July party at one of my husband's uncles places where the cousin also was. Both of her kids were royal brats. The younger one was worse than the older one. They went around hitting the adults and saying nasty things. We were outside, so I just stayed away from them. I didn't think they were cute. His cousin even commented "oh, I just don't chase after them any more when they run amok, because it's tiring". Excuse me?
Well, anyway, it started to rain and we all went inside their very small house. I was minding my business sitting on the couch next to my husband, and the littlest brat climbs into my lap and starts poking me in the chest saying "boobie! boobie!" I was speechless. His mother was only a few feet away sitting on the floor and the only thing she did was say "don't do that". I didn't feel it was my place to reprimand her child, but she could have at least come and got him off of me. I was embarassed! :o Ugh! :rolleyes:

However, innocent mistakes can be cute, especially when it is said in all innocence, like what you did PCB. I hope this doesn't offend you, but maybe you asked that question because in your culture, it is important for woman to be married, is it not? You were just merely wondering why, and that is just cute. I can image your big wondering innocent eyes as you asked that question:) LOL That sort of thing doesn't bother me, but foul mouths do...at any age.

Uabassoon
09-09-2003, 11:54 PM
LOL I kind of was. Now that I know Mike he is super picky and I even think the guys he dates are cute.

popcornbird
09-10-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by wolflady

However, innocent mistakes can be cute, especially when it is said in all innocence, like what you did PCB. I hope this doesn't offend you, but maybe you asked that question because in your culture, it is important for woman to be married, is it not? You were just merely wondering why, and that is just cute. I can image your big wondering innocent eyes as you asked that question:) LOL That sort of thing doesn't bother me, but foul mouths do...at any age.

I honestly think because all my parent's friends, or at least most of them, were 35 or so, with kids my age, so being a little kid, I assumed all 35 year olds were married. I thought it was a package deal of being 35. :p Silly, I know, but I don't think culture had anything to do with it. I grew up in the US, so this is the culture I know...pretty much...therefore, I don't think that was the reason. It was just a childish assumption that all 35 year olds were married. :rolleyes: I didn't understand marriage at that time............I just thought there was a mommy and a daddy, and a kid or more, and if it wasn't that way, I would get confused. All my friends' parents were that way, my neighbors were married, or at least I thought so, so I just got confused, when she suddenly told us to call her Miss. :p

zanzanfergie
09-10-2003, 01:54 AM
When I was three or four I asked my Nanna and Gumpy why they didn't get married (Nanna is my mom's widowed mother, Gumpy is my dad's widowed father). It was awfully embarrassing for my parents. It seemed like a perfectly natural assumption to me at the time though - they could share trips, and only drive one car to visit us. :p

I also have a vague memory of telling a girl from kinder that "I already have this one" when she gave me a barbie for my fourth birthday. My mom gave me a stern talking to after that one, and I have never ever forgotten it. But like people have said, it was not malicious at all - I just didn't know that you weren't supposed to say stuff like that.

popcornbird
09-10-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by zanzanfergie
When I was three or four I asked my Nanna and Gumpy why they didn't get married (Nanna is my mom's widowed mother, Gumpy is my dad's widowed father). It was awfully embarrassing for my parents. It seemed like a perfectly natural assumption to me at the time though - they could share trips, and only drive one car to visit us. :p

:o :o :o LOL! Silly Sarah!