PDA

View Full Version : PetSmart grant

gotta_hava_dog
09-05-2003, 09:34 PM
Super news! As an animal shelter volunteer, I worked with the city government on a grant from PetSmart Charities for a spay/neuter surgery rebate and educational program. And, we got it! PetSmart Charities gave us a grant for $10,000 to provide 50% rebate on spay/neuter surgery and provide educational materials to dispel spay/neuter myths and provide health facts. It's very exciting and I wanted to thank PetSmart Charities for this wonderful opportunity!:D

GoldenRetrLuver
09-05-2003, 09:38 PM
What great news!! :D Wonderful! Thank you Petsmart Charities! :D

Logan
09-06-2003, 04:09 AM
What marvelous news! Until a couple of days ago, I was unaware that Petsmart Charities even existed. Someone posted on another forum about something they were organizing and I did a search. Wow, is all I can say! Now here you are mentioning them again. Congratulations! :)

Cincy'sMom
09-06-2003, 07:17 AM
That's awesome!!

It always surprises me with huge problem of unwanted animals and the huge push to spay /neuter, that it is difficult to find a decent cost of this surgery. Both our girls were about $80 and from what I have heard, that is cheap!!! ( Spot was neutered when we got him) I know many people who have paid $100-$200, and often for smaller dogs then my girls!!!

I know that sometimes cost is a factor in why people don't get their pets alterded. And I think vets should work with that...offer multipet discounts, payment plans, something!!

It is great that Petsmart is hleping out!!!

KYS
09-06-2003, 08:44 AM
Thumbs up for Petsmart. :)

I think many people do not even realize that
some shelters have programs and offer discount vouchers
for spay and neuter.
I think the government needs to do a better
job in educating the public about these spay and neuter
programs.

Very nice to hear about the Petsmart charity.

Albea
09-06-2003, 11:28 AM
Three cheers for Petsmart Charities and another three for you for having applied for the grant.