PDA

View Full Version : How are YOU ?

jenluckenbach
09-05-2003, 08:17 PM
As a forum for pet lovers we always tend to remember certain pets and wonder how they are geting along.........if they were sick....j..or just got a new sibling........or possibly they just lost a sibling......etc.
What I would like is a thread that remembers How are YOU?

You can use this thread 3 ways:
1) tell people how you are (non-pet related)
2) ask about someone
3) answer someone who asked about you

For example, I'd like to ask:
K&L-----How is your father doin?

carole---how's your mom?

Kimlovescats----How is your oldest daughter doing?

lut----How is your back since the operation?

You don't have to ask all the questions in one post, as a matter of fact, one at a time might be more personal. (I did more to get you started)

So I ask ALL of you: How are YOU?

Cataholic
09-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Jen, I hope I am doing this right....

Miss Meow, how is the new house?

jenluckenbach
09-05-2003, 08:29 PM
Just fine, Johanna. How is your mom? we never hear from her any more! She doesn't love us.......boo hoo.........:rolleyes:

Aspen and Misty
09-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Wolfsoul: How are you, I havn't talked to you in a while.

Ash

GoldenRetrLuver
09-05-2003, 08:37 PM
Emma (Dogz) and Dayna (apcrs) how are you guys? Haven't seen you around here in a while...

micki76
09-05-2003, 10:55 PM
Good thread, Jen. :)

Kelly- (NoahsMommy) just wondering how you're feeling and how your health is?

Naomi - (Nomilynn) How's your family doing after the loss of your uncle? Is your cousin doing ok?

Emily - (lovemyshiba) Where the heck are ya and how ya doing???? Needing a little Kito, Abby and Riley here.

Edited for spelling!! Thanks Kater! :D

RobiLee
09-05-2003, 11:26 PM
Hello All,

I don't know too many of you very well to ask anyone any specific questions, so I will ask all of you "How are you?" I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing alright and hanging in there. I had my radiation consultation yesterday and boy was it a bit overwhelming. I was there for 2 hours. I was being measured and marked on with a marker. The whole time my backside was completely exposed. I'm talking my big rear end out there for all to see. I told the radiologist tech that the whole thing was a little humiliating and he just chuckled and said not to worry about it, he has seen it all...lol. Then I had to go over to another area and have 2 cat scans done, which they had to stick another needle in me for an IV, then shoot some dye in me. That made me feel all warm and funny. I am so tired of all the needles!! I go for another small measuring appt. Monday (every thing has to be precise) then I will start doing my radiation and getting zapped on tuesday. I will go 5 days a week for 5 1/2 - 6 weeks. Hopefully I will not have too many side effects. They are doing it in a certian way to try and relieve some of the symptoms on my colon and bowel. I hope that it works. Everyone there is super nice and seem to have a gift for dealing with cancer pateints. I am so grateful for that. My husband says that after this is all over with he is going to take me away somewhere...just the 2 of us, for a little R & R and some peace. *Sigh*.....I can't wait! I don't know if anyone will read this, but it sure does help me to just talk about it. Thanks for letting me chat away. I do hope all is well with everyone else!

:) Have a great day....Robin :)

NoahsMommy
09-06-2003, 03:37 AM
Awww, thanks for asking Micki76! :)

I'm feeling better this week. It seems to come whenever it wants, regardless of how I'm doing stress-wise. It really, really makes me appreciate the times when I'm feeling good and can do what I plan to do.

One of my professors at school also has Crohn's, so its really cool to actually talk with another person who can fully understand what I'm feeling emotionally and physically. She's more advanced than I am, so I've learned a lot and have actually been inspired by her. :)

NoahsMommy
09-06-2003, 03:38 AM
Aly - I've missed you on AIM...how are you???

jenluckenbach
09-06-2003, 04:52 AM
Robin......WOW:eek: That is a lot to go through. Hope the radiation treatment doesn't take too much out of you. Try to keep your spirits high, sometimes that will be all you will have (when you feel bad physically). Best of luck. Hopefully soon you can say "I feel GOOD!"

RobiLee
09-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Jen....Thanks! Trust me, when my treatments are over and I am feeling up to par and have my energy back, I will be singing those words and doing a little dance along with it....lol. I can't wait to sing it loud...."I FEEL GOOD".....LOL.

Thanks again, Jen

:) Robin

KYS
09-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Robin, I'm with you. Having your back side open is
embarrassing. At least it was for me, when I had
e-xrays taken, and their was an open window that
anybody going down the hall could peek in. :(

Keep you chin up and we will all be waiting for
a tuesday update, when you feel up to it.

The R&R trip sounds wonderful.

Hugs To you and Katie

I hope everybody is doing well.

Sounds like a lot of stress out their, including me.
Whomever creates stress in our lives should have
it 100 times worse than us. lol

One big wish. I hope the cure for cancer is
found this year. (I'm getting impatient)
That sucker runs in my family,
and that's one disease I would like to see wiped
out.

RobiLee
09-06-2003, 10:13 AM
I'm with you Karen...that stress creator should have it 100 times worse and get a huge butt kicking!

I didn't tell you this, because it just seemed to unreal..but...2 days after my last surgery, my husband had to go to the emergency room and they thought he had a slight heart attack and he spent 2 days in the hospital (he's only 40). He's just fine though and they think it might have been stress and anxiety, which hubby teasingly blames on me. I know its true though. He has been so worried about me. Then...all in the same week my 19 year old son was sick and running a fever the whole time of 100-101. He was back and forth to the doc twice and the doc said it was an respiratory infection. He spent the whole time in bed and we thought he was going to go into pnuemonia. It was a VERY bad week!! I wasn't supposed to be driving, but I went ahead and took my son to the doc once and then headed on out to the hospital to be with hubby. I was in quite a bit of pain but I wasn't going to let that stop me...lol. My family and my husbands family were freaking out and couldn't believe everything that was going on. It was the worse week ever!!! My son's girlfriend was the best and was taking care of us all. I just try to keep my sense of humor. I would be nowhere without that. There are times though when I do break down and have a good cry and just wish for this to be all over with. I'm getting emotional now just thinking about it all. I can't believe that I am even talking about all this stuff. I am normally a very private person. I am so chatty on here but if you were too meet me in person I can be a bit on the shy side and quite. Thanks for letting me rattle on!

P.S. Karen, I think Mr. Stress Creator should get a triple butt kicking!!!!!

Steffi N
09-06-2003, 10:44 AM
Chinadoll, how are you and how is Joey. I hope for you and for all the other PetTalkers who have someone in the military that they have been able to hear from their loved one and that he or she is all right.

I am fine, it is my birthday and I am going to work for the afternoon (new product launch) and out to dinner later.

iceyshiver21
09-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Hey babolaypo?? How you doing?? havnt heard much from you in a while!!

and Mugsy how are the pupperdogs doing??

Albea
09-06-2003, 12:28 PM
Robin:
I'm so terribly sorry you have so many health problems in your family all at the same time. Hope your husband and son are well now. And for you, prayers and best wishes for a quick recovery from radiation and a complete remission.
Try to keep thinking how wonderful it will be to go away for a R&R trip. Please, let us know how you're doing.

Uabassoon
09-06-2003, 12:31 PM
I'm happy because I just finished my last night with "The Humper" (the airedale that kept trying to hump everything).

Other than that I've been a little stressed about my senior recital. Thankfully I decided to have it in the spring semester, but it's still stressing me out a little. I have so much to prepare, I'm playing a lot of hard pieces. One in particular that has some techniques that I've never learned or used before, so now not only do I have to learn, but I have to be able to do it well. If my recital doesn't go well then I can't graduate. But the good news is that my parents said they are going to try their best to come out here for my recital, it would really mean a lot to me if they did.

On another good/stressful note, my friend who is a compostition major said he wants to commision a piece for me. Meaning that he wants to write a bassoon solo that is just for me, he will be publishing it and so on and hopefully other people will play it as well. But I am his reason for writting it, and he wants me to premier it. The stressful thing is that it's more music to learn, and it's always stressful when the actual composer is there listening. He wants me to give him recording of my favorite bassoon solos so he can get an idea of what I like to play so that he can make sure that I will like what he writes.

RobiLee
09-06-2003, 02:45 PM
Gosh Uabassoon...You sound busy. I think it all sounds exciting though. I know you will practice and work hard and at your recital you will play it like the fabulous musician that you are! I hope your mom and dad are able to make it there. What a great compliment that your friend wants to commission a piece for you. I'm sure you will play it wonderfully. Let us know how everything turns out.

:) Robin :)

wolfsoul
09-06-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
Wolfsoul: How are you, I havn't talked to you in a while.

I'm good thanks! :D How are you doing? I haven't been on aim as much eh?

Naomi -- How is Basset doing? :)

Johanna -- Are Binx's gums getting better? I can't remember but I think I heard he had to get surgery? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Emily -- I don't think we've heard from you in a while! Where'd ya go?!

PCB -- Feel free to tell us ALL about you! :D LOL jk. :)

RobiLee
09-06-2003, 02:51 PM
Hi Johanna...I have been wondering about Binx also. How is he doing? I remember that you said he was going to have another surgery, but I can't remember when you said it was. Let us know how everything is going?

Robin :)

jenluckenbach
09-06-2003, 03:06 PM
PCB -- Feel free to tell us ALL about you!
I agree 100 %........and I am NOT kidding. ;) ;)

Aspen and Misty
09-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
I'm good thanks! :D How are you doing? I haven't been on aim as much eh?

No you havn't and I'm glad ot hear you are doing good. My Uncle got his leg amputated yesterday so my family is all up in a crazy mode so home life is stressful right now. He's doing fine but it was still scary. School is going good and my friends are awesome. So I guess I'm doing good.

Ash

jenluckenbach
09-06-2003, 03:15 PM
WOW. Losing a leg is (to say the least) stressful. But I hope all are glad that he lost his leg and not his life (I sure hope I worded that right. Just want you all to be greatful to still have your Uncle with you). Take care of yourselves and try to enjoy life........sometimes it can be very short. Prayers to your Uncle and your whole family and to you.

Kfamr
09-06-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I agree 100 %........and I am NOT kidding. ;) ;)

Me too!!

Cataholic
09-06-2003, 03:22 PM
Hey, Jen- my mom is doing pretty good. School has started back for her, and it is always an adjustment. Her summer went too fast. We went out for a little bit today, just ran some errands. I will tell her you asked after her.

Wolfsoul and Robilee- the story on Binx's gums....the vet and periodontist are going to try one more time...I think this week, and take a section of his gum down to the peridontal ligament, and scrape some bone to see if this will stop the gum from growing back. It will just be a small section, 1-2 inches, on his bottom gum. IF it stays gone, THEN we will explore doing his whole mouth. If not, well, Binx = Gumby. It just isn't physically/emotionally worth it to keep trying things on him.

Thanks for asking!

Dogz
09-06-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Emma (Dogz) and Dayna (apcrs) how are you guys? Haven't seen you around here in a while...
I'm good thanks.:) I haven't been on AIM in a while either. I really have to download it on my other computer.:rolleyes: :p I was wondering about Basset too. How are you?
Emily! Where are you? I miss you and your pets!:D

iceyshiver21
09-06-2003, 04:31 PM
lol Dogz!! I forgot about you!! I knew there was a few I was forgetting about!! Why is it that everytime your on Aim my brother is on the comp and you end up talking to him!?!?! :p

CamCamPup33
09-06-2003, 04:52 PM
PCB -- Feel free to tell us ALL about you!

me too! LIVE!!! :D

aly
09-06-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Aly - I've missed you on AIM...how are you???

Hey Kelly, I've been trying to catch you. I didn't log on AIM for awhile because my fosters are keeping me busy and I've had bronchitis for a month. I am feeling better though and I hope to catch you SOOOOOOOOOOOOON. I miss our chats :)

popcornbird
09-06-2003, 08:07 PM
I hate you Jordan! Now they're all after me again! Ugh! :eek::eek::eek: LOL Just kidding! :p

Lut, how's your back and how's Inka doing?

Jen, how's your kitty pee problem going? :(

moosmom
09-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Jen,

How are YOU doing??? Is Sterling doing any better? I can relate to the stress of multi-cats.

Robilee,

I've been thinking of you since last Sunday when we talked. You're in my thoughts and prayers and I know you'll come through this with flying colors. Tell hubby to take you someplace tropical!! Nothing like a little sun, breeze, waiters in Speedos :p and tropical atmosphere to boost one's spirits. Bora Bora perhaps??? ;)

Naomi,

How are things with Bassett??

Kimlovescats,

I haven't seen you on very much. How are you holding up with the rescues??

jenluckenbach
09-06-2003, 08:48 PM
I'm up and down, on and off, happy then sad. The pee problem is not solved yet. boo hoo. but really, everything else is OK. Thanks for asking.

wolfsoul
09-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I hate you Jordan! Now they're all after me again! Ugh! :eek::eek::eek: LOL Just kidding! :p

Hate little old me? :D Never! :p

apcrs5122
09-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver

I guess I'm doing ok:rolleyes: School started about a month ago and I'm finally falling into a routine. I started a new school this year, and it's totally different. Some people from my old school are there, but they aren't exactly 'friends'. So many things are going on in my life now. The divorce (even though that's been a while, it's still always hard), school, friends, etc. I atleast have a few really good friends, and I'm meeting new people every day.

How is everyone?

Amber(camcampup) how are you doing?
Julie(goldenretrluver) and how about you?
Kayann(kfamr) you too.
How are you doing CJ(Foam)?
And everyone else!

Oh, and I just wanted to say, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

popcornbird
09-06-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Hate little old me? :D Never! :p

Definitely! LOL JUST KIDDING! :p

Catapault (Cataholic's newest nickname)....how's your exercise going? :p;)

Noahsmommy, how are you feeling?

Wolflady, WHERE ARE YOU? I haven't seen very many posts from you in ages! *sniff* Come back!

Aspen and Misty
09-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
WOW. Losing a leg is (to say the least) stressful. But I hope all are glad that he lost his leg and not his life (I sure hope I worded that right. Just want you all to be greatful to still have your Uncle with you). Take care of yourselves and try to enjoy life........sometimes it can be very short. Prayers to your Uncle and your whole family and to you.

Sadly, my Uncle has been paralized for 10 years now and hasn't had use of either of his legs or eitehr of his arms :( . He was in a terrible car accident and wasn't wearing his seat belt, thats why he is paralized. :( We, my whole family, thanks god for protecting him in that terrible accident and for taking away his mobility and not his life, he means far to much to his family to loose him.

He has had terrible bed soars for about 6 months now and had an ifection in his knee. He was in terrible pain and the medicine wasn't working. He could have continued on with the medicine and of probly of had the leg amputated in a year or so or just to amputate it now, so he chooose quility of life and amputated it. He and my grandmother and 2 of the strongest people I know and we love them both very much.

LOL, about enjoying life. I was just outside dacing and singing really loud "It's a great day to be alive I know the suns still shinning when I close my eyes theres some hard times in the neighborhood but why can't everyday be just this good"? I love that song and try to live by it and be thankful for every day I have and everyday I have my brothers, sisters, Mother, Father, Grandmothers, Grandfathers, Cousins, Uncles, friends and neghbors.

I'm sitting here eating a nerd rope drinkign a milk shake while my dad and brother play Madan (video game) and listeing to Tyah doing binkies cause she is so happy, can it get any better then this?

Ash

Sevens
09-07-2003, 12:28 AM
Well, things have been a little rough lately. My maternal grandmother is dying from ovarian cancer, probably will be gone within the next six months. I have been feeling very upset with this, the fact she's getting so much worse lately and there is nothing I can do.

My paternal grandmother has been having severe back pain in the past month. She started to give up, which really frustrated me because my other grandmother doesn't have a choice to get better and this one does. She finally seems to be coming out of the depression, I think partly because she realized how much it hurt me that she refused to talk to me on the phone and her and I are the closest. I found her a new doctor to go to for physical therapy (I did this from 100 miles away, damn I'm good:) ) and I think it has given her some new hope, so she goes on Monday morning. She has been a lot better this week since we talked and she made the appointment with the new doc, according to my mom.

There's been standard money problems and crap at work. And my coat rack broke last night, which sounds silly, but it was the only thing I had from my uncle, who died from a sudden massive heart attack almost a year ago.

But you know what? Ash, it may sound silly, but you inspired me with your last post. About trying to be grateful for all the things and realizing that everyday is precious. So I think from now on, in my journal, I will try to write down 10 things each day to be grateful about. Thanks for being you Ash. :)

And yeah, I have been wondering where Emily is and what's going on with her.

Also, it seems like WolfQ hasn't been posting as much..or perhaps it's my imagination...

Finally....Ash, what the heck is Tyah doing when she is "doing binkies"?:)

RobiLee
09-07-2003, 07:42 AM
Sevens, sorry to hear about all of your troubles. You hang in there and stay on the positive side. Listen to Ash's advise and enjoy the simple pleasures in life. I'm wishing you all the best!

Ash, what a great outlook you have! I love that Travis Tritt song too. Always keep those positive thoughts!

Awwww....LIFE...so hard, but yet so good. You just have to jump on that roller coaster and hold on tight and enjoy every twist, turn and loop de loop and see where it takes you.

Enjoy the day people.....Robin :)

RobiLee
09-07-2003, 07:46 AM
Hey Baylee, How are you doing? I don't think I've seen a post from you in awhile. I met you and Ringo at the dog park. What has Ringo been up to? Is school going OK? Check in and lets us know how things are going.

:) Robin :)

joycenalex
09-07-2003, 10:45 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KYS
[B]Robin, I'm with you. Having your back side open is
embarrassing. At least it was for me, when I had
e-xrays taken, and their was an open window that
anybody going down the hall could peek in. :(
...actually that window is so the technologist can keep you in sight the whole time we're not in the room with you (for the radiation therapy there are usually 2 often 3 cameras on you while you're getting the treatment, and we can watch on a monitor.) the window or monitors are next to the control panels. the control panels are usually back to back on a hallway. our patients' privacy is a really really big issue for us as technologists, (well the caring good ones;) ) and only people actively involved in direct patient care should be down in the work area. in my clinic/hospital it's designed in a maze so that it's next to impossible for an outsider to find that area, and any outsider would be stopped by one of the other technologists or staff right away. i hope that helps.... exposed tushies aren't fun for anyone.
as for me...on sept 15th, i'm going to have gastric bypass surgery. i've been thinking about and planning for this for several years. i'm starting to get nervous over the undone things here at home. i've arrainged to have a dog owning neighbor come over to clean the yard and cut the grass for 2 weeks. a cat owning friend will come by to clean the litter pans, and my non petloving mom will be here to watch over me.

Aspen and Misty
09-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Sevens
But you know what? Ash, it may sound silly, but you inspired me with your last post. About trying to be grateful for all the things and realizing that everyday is precious. So I think from now on, in my journal, I will try to write down 10 things each day to be grateful about. Thanks for being you Ash. :)

Finally....Ash, what the heck is Tyah doing when she is "doing binkies"?:)

Aww, thanx :) Thats a good idea about writing down ten things!

When Tyah, Or Julian does a bikie it's a jump in the air where they through there whole body around and there legs go everywhere and then they land. LOL It's funny to watch I'll try to get a video of her doing one and post it on PT if I can figure how to post it that is :rolleyes:

Ash :D

Aspen and Misty
09-07-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by RobiLee

Ash, what a great outlook you have! I love that Travis Tritt song too. Always keep those positive thoughts!

Awwww....LIFE...so hard, but yet so good. You just have to jump on that roller coaster and hold on tight and enjoy every twist, turn and loop de loop and see where it takes you.

Thanx, adn I love that song, I listen to it all the time, LOL.

I love the last thing you said in your post, it explains life so well!

Ash

iceyshiver21
09-07-2003, 10:58 AM
Lut!! We wanna know how lil' inky pinky is!! I havn't seen you on msn for a while either :(
Cataholic- How are your little furry states??

RobiLee
09-07-2003, 11:18 AM
Joyce...I wish you the best of luck with your surgery and a speedy recovery. I am very overweight myself so I know all the thought process you must have put in to make this decision. I only live about 45 min. south of Columbus. What hospital are you doing this at and what doc.? You have to tell me all about it. You can pm me if you want. I'll be thinking about you. I know how rough surgery can be and I'm glad you have people around to help you out. Thank you for explaining about the radiation area and a little bit about how it works. I go to get measured and set up again on Monday (just had a huge session of this on Thur.) and then I will start my actual radiation on Tuesday. I'm a bit nervous about it. Definitely not looking forward to going there everyday. Take care Joyce and let me know how everything goes. I'm really curious about it.

:) Robin

KYS
09-07-2003, 12:04 PM
Ash,
That is so true,
When I start feeling sorry for myself,
I just have to remember how very lucky I actually am,
because there are many people worse off than me.
I still have my health and a family that loves me.
That alone is worth all the money in the world.

Joyce.... You are right, it was other Drs. staff
walking down the hall with the open window.
I just did not like them looking in, while they
were walking by. (This was a private
Dr. clinic and not my regular HMO hospital) that
is usually very private.

I think Carnie Wilson (sp) had gastric bypass surgery a year ago?
SHe looks great. I am still waiting for the wonder pill
you can take, eat what every you want
and loose weight.
I will be thinking of you that your surgery
goes safe and well.
NExt week is right around the corner. How
long will you be in the hospital and when
after recovery will you be able to be on Pet Talk?
(I already want updates) :)

Karen

Cataholic
09-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
Cataholic- How are your little furry states??

My furry little states are pretty good, thanks. I updated Cat General on Minnie, Tex had a rough night last night, but, seems better this am. Allie slept on Binx's bed last night while Binx slept on the floor (:eek: ), Georgia looks like she has lost some weight, which is good, and Dakky and Tenny? Well, they are nothing but love, and are perfect.

Miss Meow
09-07-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Jen, I hope I am doing this right....

Miss Meow, how is the new house?

Really good, thanks :) It's a quiet street and the neighbours we've met seem nice. We've planned the vege garden and some of the back yard, just need time and money to start digging holes and buying trees while the weather is still cool. There is a horse paddock over the back fence, so I lose Shane most afternoons while he's out feeding them carrots or whatever other treats he finds in the fridge ... The kitchen is still pink, but that can wait. We have a large feral or outdoors cat that calls our backyard its territory at night, so when our cats are out the back for a walk Mini sprays where the other cat has been (I never realised he wanted to be our dominant 'protector' cat :))

lovemyshiba
09-07-2003, 05:48 PM
What a great thread!!!

My internet was down for a week or so, and it's been a busy week here. Back to school for Penn State means less staff during the days for us, and busier dinners, so I have been working a lot. Last Sunday was our first wedding anniversary, and Riley got the big snip on Wednesday. We adopted another doggie too, on Wednesday, so we have been pretty busy!!!

Thanks to everyone who asked about me!!!!

jenluckenbach
09-07-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
. We adopted another doggie too, on Wednesday, so we have been pretty busy!!!

YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I don't get to the dog side much, I always run out of time)

lovemyshiba
09-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Get over there Jen--she's a beautiful girl!!!

I have been wondering about some of you:

Foam: how are you? And how is everything going at home? I sure hope things have calmed down a bit!

Anna_66: I noticed your mom in pictures from the meeting--how are she and your father doing since their accident?

KayAnn: How is Simba??

I was wondering about Binx too, but it seems to be already answered.

Cookiebaker: last time I was on (a week ago), I vaguely remember you having some trouble with Malone--how is he now? What did the trainer say??

Nomilynn
09-07-2003, 11:35 PM
Neat thread :)

Thanks for everyone who asked about me. It really was a pleasant suprise.

My cousin and my aunt are holding up fairly well. I don't know if my aunt has gone back to work yet, but I know my cousin has gone back to school. I think they are trying to keep things normal; does that make sense?

Bassett is going in for an ultrasound on Wednesday. I won't really know what's going on with her until that's done :)

Thanks again! :)

Kfamr
09-07-2003, 11:38 PM
Simba is doing allright. Him and I are both a bit under the weather.

cloverfdx
09-08-2003, 10:20 AM
i dunno , how is EVERYONE?

*sighs*

CamCamPup33
09-08-2003, 10:29 AM
thanks dayna (sp).. Im doing fine!! lol

Aspen and Misty
09-08-2003, 03:01 PM
*Bump* I like reading how everyone is doing.

So even if you weren' asked specifically why not tell us how you are???

Ash :D

jenluckenbach
09-08-2003, 03:39 PM
Even though this is more pet related than personal, I feel more relaxed than I have in 2 weeks. Admittedly, I now need to give 3 cats pills every day, but the house is quiet and so far, dry.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-08-2003, 03:50 PM
*sigh*

It's been a lonnnng 2 weeks, with school and all. I feel so crappy... and I get mad at everyone and everything... But that's just me... It happens a lot. Lol..

School's been okay, but today I realized I left my gym clothes in one of my class rooms cuz I had to carry em around all day... that's not good on my part... (way to go me...)

Abby's great, sleeping on the floor beside me right now. She could use a haircut, but oh well, it's almost winter, we won't nude-ify her until next Spring or so... ;)

Eggroll is okay, he is a little calmer without Cleo. I've been doing okay without Cleo, (RIP :( ) It's like... WOW... I miss her a lot, even though I only had her for a month or so... Tang, Crayola, their usual selves... they are fine...

On to Gavin... (Enjoy's bragging) Well he got his 3 shots a few days ago.... (my poor baby... his legs are so sore...) He is such a happy baby... always smiling...

I also have to add one more thing. When my brother and I wanted to get a dog (Abby) we wrote them a letter telling them how responsible we are... blah blah blah. Well, I know my parents said I couldn't get another animal, but I am writing them a letter explaining about a bird. I am not sure if it will work, but hey, it's worth a try! I told them about how sorry I was about the cats, if Willow hadn't of gotten pregnant, I don't think we would have been in the situation we were in. I told them I don't always keep my promises, but they can trust me now. I have recently fallen in love with my cousin's parakeet and I want one SO bad! (I've already picked out names!) I just hope it works. I also told them this was ALL I wanted for my birthday.

Sorry for wasting board space...

joycenalex
09-08-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
Sorry for wasting board space...

as if! ;) i enjoy reading your posts

cloverfdx
09-09-2003, 08:32 AM
*ask's myself how i am* *shrugs* im ok, stressing about money at the moment and finding a job.

and just generally down, had a real crap year so far (deaths in family, divorce, nearly losing a dog to a severe infection :( etc )

but clover is doing well (she pinched her Sciatica nerve in her back and was unable to do anything for a few days) she is getting more active and back to her usual self each day *yay* but i am seriously thinking about retiring her from real competitive Flyball, and putting her in one of the slower less competitive teams *sighs*

other than all that crap im alive n healthy and am going to stop whinging now

Chinadoll
09-09-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Steffi N
Chinadoll, how are you and how is Joey. I hope for you and for all the other PetTalkers who have someone in the military that they have been able to hear from their loved one and that he or she is all right.

I am fine, it is my birthday and I am going to work for the afternoon (new product launch) and out to dinner later.

I didn't see this until now. Thanks for asking. Joey and I are great. He's just got back in the States last Friday. I'm ecstatic that he's back on US soil. However, we're not sure how long they're going to keep them in CA. While I'm relieved he's back in the US, knowing that he's so very close to coming home is driving me crazy. He's been gone since March. I just want him home. We can talk to each other regularly now, and every time I talk to him, I miss him so much more. But, we're doing great otherwise :)

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a great one.

cloverfdx
09-09-2003, 10:26 AM
Bump

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-09-2003, 03:17 PM
I'm gonna waste some more board space...

I feel so sick... I have a cold and I get horrible headaches EVERY day... It's getting me angry, and I come home and sleep half the time to get rid of my headache, but end up waking up with a worse headache then before. My neck hurts, my shoulders from carrying around my HUGE back pack all day... I'm just full of complaints. I have gone through a whole box of kleenexes in a matter of a few days, and it won't stop. *sigh*

That's MY crappy week.

Kfamr
09-09-2003, 03:57 PM
Yeah Meg, I've stayed home three days. Friday, Monday, and Today. Hopefully i'll go in tomorrow, I don't want to miss anymore work. My nose is stuffed and all I did last nigth was cough and cough. I don't think I even got any sleep. I just got done eating two cans of chicken noodle soup lol.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-09-2003, 03:59 PM
Oohhh... Share Bob... we don't have any... NO ONE IN MY HOUSE GETS SICK EXCEPT MEEEEE!!!!!!

*cries over her pityful self*

Oh well... dad's making spaghetti... yum! ;)

carole
09-09-2003, 04:10 PM
Thanks for your concern Jen, I have just posted in general, but will tell you mum is in surgery right this minute, so I am feeling anxious, but it sure helps to be here, I was temporarily offline but back on again, so life is normal again sigh, relief lol.:)

How is the cold and beesting Meg?

Joyce and Robin I am thinking of you both, and wishing you all the best.

And to everyone have a happy day.:)

Kfamr
09-09-2003, 04:15 PM
We have like 3 cans left. :p No one eats it in my house except me!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-09-2003, 04:18 PM
I just updated my bee sting thread, but my cold is still bothering me... I'm wondering if it's my sinuses again, they HAVE bugged me before and I had to go get some prescription meds... the size of huge Jelly Beans!! *shudders*

Otherwise, I'm okay... gotta keep up on my school work though, 2 things I didn't have finished were due today!! *oops*

carole
09-09-2003, 04:30 PM
Meg get a bowl of boiling water, and put a few drops of eucaluptus(sp ) oil in it or if you have none just salt and put a towel over your head and breathe in for about 5 mins or more, do this twice to three times daily, it will help those sinuses, being a fellow sufferer I use this method and it is recommended by the doctors., better than using nasal sprays etc, which end up blocking you up more in the long run, and can only be used for a short time.

Miss Meow
09-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Soledad, how are things with your new neighbour???

Logan
09-09-2003, 04:46 PM
Testing my new signature

Pam
09-09-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Testing my new signature
Logan I love it! Butter makes me laugh! :D

Logan
09-09-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Logan I love it! Butter makes me laugh! :D

We can thank Rosemary for that, Pam!!! LOL!!! He was going after a catnip treat that she sent for him!!! Thank you "HayleyRose" (aka Rosemary) for those great catnip treats!!!

Logan

Pam
09-09-2003, 04:56 PM
He was going after a catnip treat that she sent for him!!!
Logan
Oh that's good. I thought he was going after someone's flesh! LOL! :D (just joking - sorry Butter Boy! :) )

popcornbird
09-09-2003, 11:29 PM
We can thank Rosemary for that, Pam!!! LOL!!! He was going after a catnip treat that she sent for him!!! Thank you "HayleyRose" (aka Rosemary) for those great catnip treats!!!

Logan

That's why I chose that picture when I made your sig! Its hilarious! Glad you liked it! :p

cloverfdx
09-10-2003, 07:17 AM
hope everyone is well, colds n stuff etc

neko1
09-10-2003, 07:20 AM
I am recovering from a nasty case of food poisoning this weekend when I went into PA to visit my niece.

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-10-2003, 08:01 AM
Oh you poor thing! Food poisening is NASTY! Hope you are feeling better soon. Try some plain biscuits (like digestives or ginger snaps) to help absorb the rubbish in your system - I know it's awful to eat - knowing what's going to happen but it usually helps clean you out more quickly.

Also watch your electrolytes levels - you get special anti-dehydration stuff at the drug store - I ended up in hospital once - not from the food poisening itself, but from the resultant dehydration!

Hope you feel better soon!

Julie