PDA

View Full Version : Leaving..

Foam
09-05-2003, 06:23 PM
I just need some time to put up with all this **** going on in my life right now. My parents don't listen, my friends don't care, and I just don't wanna have to deal with anything anymore. I don't know when or if I'll be back..
I love you all so very much, and Pet Talk truley is my comfort. I'm sorry it all has to be this way..but I need time to think. Don't be surprised if you never hear from me again..It might all be over for me sometime soon.
I love you guys..
Goodbye, Pet Talk.

popcornbird
09-05-2003, 06:26 PM
*cries*:(:(:( Nooooooo! Don't leave! :(

Hope whatever's bothering you gets solved quickly. I really hope that you change your mind and don't leave, but if you must, goodbye for now, and we'll miss you! :(:(

tatsxxx11
09-05-2003, 06:33 PM
STOP!!!!!!!! If this is the place you find comfort and solace, then THIS is the last place you should leave! You don't even have to talk about what in particular is upsetting you so. Just keeping a link, to friends who love you open, will help you to cope. I'm so sad to hear how upset you are. We all have these trying times...talking is the best therapy; when you're ready. We're not hear to judge, just listen. You can't say "It might be all over for me sometime soon" and not except us to very concerned!! Please, if not here, please talk with someone! You know, we all say how pets are the best healers!! So where better to heal than with your pet loving pals at Pet Talk?? Please think about it, ok??? {{{HUGS}}}

Soledad
09-05-2003, 06:34 PM
The best thing you can do if you're feeling this down is be in a supportive, upbeat community like PetTalk. Really, there are a lot of people here who want to listen and help you out!! Don't give up.

dukedogsmom
09-05-2003, 06:40 PM
I had wondered where you'd been as I hadn't seen many posts from you lately. Hope you don't stay away forever. I know being a teenager is hard. Hope you'll stick around so we can help you.

Foam
09-05-2003, 06:44 PM
i sorry guys..but i just dont wanna try anymore..my friend Eric, and Darlin are the only ones who care. And you guys...I'm so sorry, but I just dont wanna try. I've never been a very strong person, and it's gotton the best of me.
I cant stop crying..but..I just don't knwo what to do..

Amber
09-05-2003, 06:50 PM
Please Foam stay! We can help!! You can PM me anytime Im a good listener and I could help you. We all care about you.
please stay. we can halp you. :( :(

tatsxxx11
09-05-2003, 06:55 PM
KEEP TALKING....Stay close to the people you care for and who care you (including us!) and of course, hug Darlin'!! You'll work through this. It's a bump in the road of life and there ARE people who care for you and love you, even if you don't feel it right now. You already mentioned Eric, Darlin and us!! And I'm sure you're parents love you dearly, too!! And you know, things ALWAYS seem worse at night. Hug your baby, wash those tears away, take a deep breath and try to focus on the positive things in your life. You've got a lifetime of happy days ahead of you...I promise!! Tomorrow you'll see things in a whole new light. You're a lovely, smart, caring and kind young woman. Don't let these people get you down! You are WOMAN!!!!:) Let's hear you roar!!! You're tough and strong and you can conquer anything!!! Don't let others get you down! Then THEY win!! Try and get a good night's sleep, ok, sweetie?? You'll see, tomorrow you'll feel tons better!:)

Amber
09-05-2003, 06:59 PM
Very well said tatsxxx11 :)

GoldenRetrLuver
09-05-2003, 07:00 PM
Please, don't leave. My life is messed up a little as well...sometimes I even wish I wasn't alive, with all this 'stuff' thats happening and thats already happened. But nothings perfect. Life is hard. Like tats said, its just a bump in the road. We care about you. If you ever need anything, or just to talk or vent, you know im here.

allanimalswelcome
09-05-2003, 07:02 PM
Foam you are scareing me...:(

Please stay. I know there have been times when I wish I weren't even alive but then I remember all the things I have ahead of me. My family, my friends, my animals, and my life.

So go and hug Darlin and put on a Beatles record(j/k;) ) You'll feel better.

If you ever want to talk i am here for you.

AIM-beluga4321
Email:[email protected]
or PM me.

~Rachel

allanimalswelcome
09-05-2003, 07:13 PM
And if you ever need to be cheered up...Patrick is always willing to!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pc50fe1a0f7d0fd7a934d524b1f5d34de/fb2c64c5.jpg

:)

~Rachel

Cataholic
09-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Foam,
I hope you don't leave, and I most certainly hope you don't do anything silly to yourself. Your first post concerned me. You sound pretty down right now, and things probably seem very bad, but, things change. People change. Sometimes the very thing you need in your life is right around the corner. If you are so deep in your misery that you can't see the good that I know must be around you, then, please talk to someone that cares about you. There is alot to be said for a good long cry, a nice hot shower,and a good night's sleep....please keep talking to someone

KYS
09-05-2003, 07:50 PM
Please don't leave us, we all need you.
You have become a very important part of
our family.
When I am feeling down, I think of positive thoughts
like the love I get from my fur babies.

Be strong and don't let anybody have the power
to bring you down.

Hugs Karen

primabella
09-05-2003, 08:00 PM
Foam your post concerned me too. I am always here if you want to rant without lookinf for some advice--or even if you are looking for advice. I remember in my early teen years I was deeply depressed. Sometimes I thought about jumping out of my bedroom window. Everything was going wrong. I felt so left out and alone, my friends had treated me terribly and I was fed up of school and life. One night I broke down and cried. I didn't have Mickey for comfort but I talked with my sister and then my parents. I hope you can work things out and clear up your mind. We are here for you. Don't do anything stupid. Just remember whatever is getting you down will be over soon. *hugs* Be careful and take care.

My PM box is always open to a letter. :)

Logan
09-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Life can be so hard. :(

Foam, I hope you will stay with us. Talk to us individually, or as a group. I don't think there is a more loving, concerned group of people in the world, than right here.

Sometimes when I hear people say "I'll pray for you, or you are in my prayers", I think, yeah right. You know what, I think Pet Talk prayers and support mean more than that. I haven't met or become friends with a single insincere person on this board, which is why I talk so much and have been here so long. Karen and Paul will have to boot me out to make me leave.

You stay here, where your friends are. Sometimes, cyber friends can be our best friends. I know that my very best friends were met right here and those 5 know just who they are.

Logan

Kfamr
09-05-2003, 08:22 PM
It just sounds like a normal teenage thing to me.

You'll get over it, just live with what you have. Sometimes one or two close friends is what's best.

Dont leave us. Both you and Darlin will me missed.

CathyBogart
09-05-2003, 08:24 PM
Hey, don't leave! If this is where you find solace stay!! Even if you do choose not to post as much, stay and know that we love ya! :)

Foam
09-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Thank so much, you guys..I really deeply appreciate all of this. I really didn't think anyone would care about me so much...I didn't think you guys liked me this much!
I know I'm definetly not leaving now..mut I just need some time. I'll probably come and lurk around a bit every day, but most likley not post. I just need some time to think.
Thank guys..I really appreciate it..SO so much. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Yay!!! I'm glad you're not leaving... I would be so lonely!

sammi
09-05-2003, 09:58 PM
Foam, I think we all care about each other here - it may not always show but when it gets rough we help each other out. Young or old! I care about you and I hope things get better. Life is tough sometimes esp. when your younger and can't do what you want.
Get a good nights sleep and keep in touch with us at least.

Rachel
09-05-2003, 11:16 PM
Seems like a lot of Rachels don't want you to go;) Count me as another one. All the people who have posted here are very sincere and have given you some good advice. If you get to feeling down, take another look at what they have said. You and Darlin make a terrific addition to Pet Talk. Lurk all you want. And then when you feel like it, post your little heart out. You don't see me posting too much, but sometimes, like right now, I am compelled to make my feelings known.

And thanks for sharing the picture. You are beautiful and of course Darlin is just DARLING!

binka_nugget
09-05-2003, 11:20 PM
I'm so glad you're not leaving! Don't worry, this is normal. I (and many others) have gone through some type of teenage depression. Mine lasted for a couple years and I'm still on the road to recovery. It gets better, trust me. Once you have time to think, everything seems not so bad. You've just got to see everything as a little thing and not a huge cluster. Just take your time...and go through all those tough things bothering you...you'll feel better eventually. And remember, hugging a nearby dog guarentees a smile. :D

gini
09-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Foam, your original post has upset me and as you can tell, all of us here are concerned about you.

Do you need some attention? Come to Pet Talk, we will all give it to you. Do you need some cyber hugs, we won't let you down.

Do we care about you - you betcha. Take one look at your beautiful picture and Darlin and you have us all in the palm of your hand.

Life can be very hard and all of us in one way or another, have been there and we understand.

Now you can't leave, because we will fill your in=box with plenty of messages asking where you are and how you are.

Everything about you has been a delight here on Pet Talk, keep it up = go ahead and lurk - but post once in a while because all of us care.

This is family = and don't you forget it!

Foam
09-06-2003, 01:03 AM
Thank you everyone..but I think I'm back t where I was earlier.
I was on the phone after 10. It's the weekend, and I have nothing to do tomorrow, and my parents weren't even asleep yet. So, I was on the phone with my friend Amy and he came up and yelled at me for it. **Please excuse the laguage. but this is how it went**
"Get OFF the phone!"
"Dad, it's the weekend..Why can't I be on the phone?"
"Because you're 12, and it's after 10 o' clock GET OFF!"
"But-"
"OFF!"
"Dad, liste-"
"Get off the phone, daughter!"
So then I started yelling, because I couldn't take it any longer..
"Dad! LISTEN to me!"
So he sits himself down on the bed firmly, hardly and crosses his arms and sits straight up.
"Okay! I'm lsitening! Talk to me...verbalize!"
"Dad, why can't I-"
"This is our problem! You don't LISTEN!"
"No, dad, our problem is that YOU don't ****ing listen to ME!"
He makes an angry loud noise, gets up and smacks me over the head twice. He grabs the phone, ripping out the batteries, and turns it off.
"Don't TALK like that!"
So he stomps otu the door, as he does..I'm sorry I couldn't help but tel him how I felt..not like he cared, though. :rolleyes:
"Dad, **** you. I ****ing HATE you!"
He stomps over, and SLAPS the side of my head hard as he can and leaves..

Sorry, but I couldn't help but tell him how much I hate him. :(
I just don't want to have to put up with this anymore, guys...:(:(:(

CathyBogart
09-06-2003, 01:13 AM
I've learned that your chosen family is much better than your given family most of the time.

Kfamr
09-06-2003, 01:15 AM
I think he had the right to tell you to get off the phone. But, that's just me.

I am glad you're sticking around.

wolfsoul
09-06-2003, 01:21 AM
He slapped you? :( This upsets me...You know it's very illegal for someone, even a father, to slap a child anywhere other than the hand (atleast here it is).

I know I'm not you, but if one of my parents slapped me I'd call the police and then get my way into a pet-friendly foster home. No matter what you do, it's not right to have to put up with this. Even if he was right about the phone (being a teenager myself, I would have done the same thing talking back, and so maybe that's why my point of veiw is somewhat clouded), it's still no reason to be physcially or emotionally abused. Think about it this way --- you would never want anyone to slap Darlin --- Well it's the same way here --- we don't want you to get slapped around. I know that most would be reluctant to do this, but I'd suggest getting some help. Whether this is the first time, or not, I don't know or care, it just doesn't seem right in my opinion. :( :( :(

gini
09-06-2003, 01:24 AM
Oh, you beautiful young girl. Let me wrap my arms around you and tell you how special you are and how very sorry that I am that you parents won't stop to listen to you.

Sometimes parents have their own stress, pressures, and they don't realize it, but they take it all out on you. And you don't deserve it.

Would it help you if you started a journal? Do you have a notebook handy that you could grab a pen or pencil and just start writing down everything that you feel right now? I have done this when I am very angry, and it has helped.

No child should ever be slapped......and I am not happy with your Dad for doing that to his beloved daughter. I am sure he doesn't mean to hurt you either.

Please, keep posting and telling us what is going on.

Foam, you cannot give up - you don't realize how very special you are........and I know how hurt and misunderstood you must feel right now.

Please post again and soon.

Stop and hug your beautiful dog, let him help you heal right now.

gini
09-06-2003, 01:34 AM
An additional thought........do you have anyone close to you that you could talk to........a relative......someone you can trust?
Are you a member of a church of any kind, where there is someone that you could feel safe with to talk?

Your father is out of line in slapping you. It is called simply -abuse! And in most states, it is against the law.

Now asking you to get off of the telephone is one thing........but slapping you around is a whole different matter. Is this the way your dad usually treats you?

zanzanfergie
09-06-2003, 01:37 AM
Keep safe Foam.

Fox-Gal
09-06-2003, 01:40 AM
Oh I am so sorry that happened tonight, I know you must of felt awful. I'm sorry your dad acted like that, even as adults we screw up and make mistakes. Slaping you was a mistake, a big mistake. That should have never happened no matter how you cused at him.

I understand that life gets really ruff sometimes and you want to just shut down for awhile. But trust me when I say that shuting down and turning away from your friends/family wont help. It just makes you feel even more lonely and helpless. You got to talk to people....vent yell do what ever makes you feel better. And if you talk to enough people....in time you will feel better. Just knowing that people care and belive in you and want to honestly help makes all the difference.

I assume from all the great reply's you got here.....that you have a lot of freinds here that care about what happens to you. Talk to them, post, pm them...pm me, we can help.....promise.

If you talk to some of us older guys here....maybe we can teach you a few tricks on how to handl your dad. Come on that should be worth you staying around if nothing else does. :D :D

You said "Pet Talk truley is my comfort" so why leave your comfort?

Feel free to Pm me any time and I'm sure everyone else here will say the say thing.

Foam
09-06-2003, 01:41 AM
Yes..most of the time. He only hits me ocasionally, but he always yells at me and never listens.
I have a friend who is 20, and I trust him. I might to ask him next time we talk if he can pick me up sometime, and if I can stay at his place for a night, to get away.
I would stay at my friends' houses, that are my age, but their parents would call my mom and she would come get me, punish me and my dad would do this again...:(

gini
09-06-2003, 01:53 AM
Sweet girl, being 12 is just the pitts. I am sure I could easily be your Grandmother, but I do remember being 12 myself, and it just wasn't a good time in my life either.

Why don't you make some arrangements in advance to stay overnight at a friend's house and ask your Mom's permission - so she doesn't come running after you.

Be very careful around your Dad. Can you talk to your Mom about this? I am sure there are other things going on in your household that you haven't told us. Do you have any brothers or sisters?

Keep on posting and tell us how you are doing. Feel free to p/m me or use my email address anytime and I will respond immediately.

Foam
09-06-2003, 01:57 AM
Some things are going to remain unmentioned.
I will ask my mom to spend the night at my friend's house tomorrow night, and hopefully she will say yes, because I just want to ge out...:(
And thank you, Geni for offering so much help...I really apprecaite it. :) **hugs**

Fox-Gal
09-06-2003, 02:05 AM
Staying at a friends house sounds like a good idea, but you have to remember that your friend is 20 and he can get into trouble letting you stay there without your parents permission.

What your father did is abuse and I don't even want to get into how I feel about that. I want you to be safe and don't want you to do anything that will make him so upset that he would do it again. Remember that going to a friends will help for that day....but you will have to go home again and then what will happen?!! Don't make thinks worse for your self in the long run.

What ever you decide to do....think it out. Ask your self what going to happen later if I do this? Will I get in trouble? Etc.

The weekend is here....so spend the day with a friend, at their house if you can. Have some fun.

Foam
09-06-2003, 02:16 AM
I will certainly try. Right now, I am just going to go to bed and gets a good long rest. I'll be back in the morning, hopefully feeling better.
Goodnight, everybody. Thanks again..:)

gini
09-06-2003, 02:30 AM
Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite:D

Sudilar
09-06-2003, 08:30 AM
Oh Foam, I am so sorry to hear this. Sometimes parents can get out of control because of stress and other factors. Is this something that happens often or just a "heat of the moment" thing? Life as a teenager is hard for both you and your parents. Sometimes just swearing at them can really set them off. They probably both love you very much, but it can be hard for a Dad to show it. I hope you had a good nights sleep and things are looking up this morning! Remember that you have a great number of friends here to help you through anything! Hugs to you.

primabella
09-06-2003, 08:39 AM
He slapped you? :mad: Even if he does have the right to tell you to get off the phone, he also needs to listen. Do you have a guidance counselor at school that could help you out? Stay safe and don't give up hope. Maybe you can talk to your mom about this, he'll probably listen to her more.

He calls you "daughter" What your not worthy of a name? :rolleyes: I'm sorry this is tough for you. *hugs* I'm glad you're sticking around. :)

Barbara
09-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Foam, this has touched me too. I am also one of the close-to grandmothers but I was 12 too and my father used to slap me. I think there is still a rest of hot lava in me -I was so upset and I am so upset that he could do it whenever he felt he had to keep me down.

But I got out there -some years later- and I had up to now a life that is much better than what my education had promised.

It will be the same for you. There are people who care and I agree with everyone: hugging Darlin must provide immediately good feelings. Both of you are so cute:)

gini
09-06-2003, 10:04 AM
Foam, I wanted to check in on you this morning.

This is a brand new day and a brand new chance.

I want you to do me a favor, if you can. Please do not swear at your parents. I know, I know, you kids today use swear words like candy. Even if your parents use swear words, please don't swear back at them. I am sure that it makes them angry when you do.

Also, I would love to hear that you are talking to a school counselor, a minister, priest or someone. The cycle of your Dad slapping you must be stopped.

Please give Darlin a hug - several hugs and try to have some fun today.

Dogz
09-06-2003, 10:21 AM
Foam,
I can understand what you are going through, and it is a very hard time.:( Good luck to you, and keep us updated. This is why I always come on Pet Talk, it just takes my mind off of everything else, and I think about my pets, other peoples pets, looking at pics.. getting advice.
*Hugs*
Emma, Digger, Chubby, Otis, Prince, and Nelly

bluekat
09-06-2003, 10:26 AM
Foam, I'm so sorry to hear what's going on in your life right now:( I just found out right now. I haven't read the entire thread yet, but I think I know a little about what's going on. Just 2 nights ago, I kept on crying in bed. There's so many things going on in my life right now too, and I just don't know what to do. But I know that you guys will always listen(:))
Well, anyways, I hope you feel better today. If you need to talk or just vent about anything, remember we're all here for you. and never think about leaving again! I know that this is the last place I want to leave if anything bad is happening.
I haven't read the whole thread, but I see in some posts above saying something about you being slapped by your dad?:eek: :mad: Parents should never slap their kids, isn't it against the law now?
((((((((hugs))))))))))
I hope you feel better soon, and please, stay safe:)

Amber
09-06-2003, 10:33 AM
Oh Foam,

I can't believe what happend to you. Im 13 now and I know what it's like gettin the big slap. When-ever I got in trouble and stuff, I just stayed in my room which my pets until I cooled down and until my parents did too. Just give Darlin hugs. you can talk to darlin, she will listen to you. take care ~

~amber~

dukedogsmom
09-06-2003, 11:32 AM
How's things going today? I just wanted to say that your dad should have never have slapped you like that. He needs to remember how young you are and that he's the adult. I think what he did could be classified as abuse. And, there's also verbal abuse. I know a lot about that myself with my ex. Duke had the physical from him. Also, staying with the 20yr old male is not a good idea at all. That could only lead to trouble. Hope things are looking a lot better today for you.

GoldenRetrLuver
09-06-2003, 02:22 PM
I think you should have listened to him when he told you to get off the phone. But, he had NO RIGHT to slap you like that. I know what its like...but don't worry, just hug Darlin' and everything will be fine. :) Daisy, Molly, and I hope you feel better.

*hugs*

Julie

Foam
09-06-2003, 02:26 PM
Good Morning, everyone! :)
Wow..you guys..You have brought me into tears. I really did not know you all cared this much. I understand what you all are saying, and wow. You guys really, truley do NOT know how much I appreciate it. You guys are my family. If I could, I would make a big private town somewhere beautiful just for Pet Talkers!
Gini, I usually don't swear. I certainly do not swear at my parents like that. I was just so angry at him for doing that to me, and so mad that he never listens, that I just had to let it slip.
So, things are going pretty good right now. I just woke up about 15 minutes ago. I guess right now I am going to just go downstairs, eat some breakfast, drink some OJ, and watch a little Animal Planet with Darlin.
My mom might even take me to the pound today! :)

Amber
09-06-2003, 02:29 PM
Good Mornin! Im glad the day is goin good! Your going to the pound?! Gonna get a doggy?? lol:)

GoldenRetrLuver
09-06-2003, 02:29 PM
Great! Sometimes, parents get into these "moods" where they just blow up, teens as I know, do also. Glad to hear your feeling better now. :)

P.S. The pound?! Does this mean...new arrival?! :D

Julie

Freckles
09-06-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Foam
If I could, I would make a big private town somewhere beautiful just for Pet Talkers!
Foam, there is a town!
PetTalkville (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7504&highlight=PetTalkville)

gini
09-06-2003, 02:34 PM
Foam, maybe you can take this opportunity to talk to your Mom today.

I would suggest that you start with "I should have hung up the phone" and "I shouldn't have sworn at Dad" but.........."Dad shouldn't be hitting me either".

Share with her that you don't feel your Dad listens to you and see what she has to say about it. But when she answers you.....you have to listen too.

Have a great day......tell us all about the pound if you go.

Foam
09-06-2003, 03:26 PM
I probably will end up going to the pound, and yes, I am definetly goin totry to talk to my mother.
Yes! New arrival, possibly! I'm looking for an agility dog, and have been for a while! Yay, someone might be coming home with me!!! :):):)

Dogz
09-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Yay! Keep us updated! A lot of breeds are good at agility, not just border collies, aussies, and the normal. They are great, but I know a lot of breeds that are wonderful too!:D I am glad that you are going to rescue, congratulations!:)

Foam
09-06-2003, 04:04 PM
Ah..I'm not going today, but I am going to the mall with my mom to get new shoes.
I might go tomorrow. :)
Bye for now, everyone!
BTW-Thanks again..I can't tell you how much you guys mean to me!!! :D

popcornbird
09-06-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Foam
Good Morning, everyone! :)
Wow..you guys..You have brought me into tears. I really did not know you all cared this much. I understand what you all are saying, and wow. You guys really, truley do NOT know how much I appreciate it. You guys are my family. If I could, I would make a big private town somewhere beautiful just for Pet Talkers!
Gini, I usually don't swear. I certainly do not swear at my parents like that. I was just so angry at him for doing that to me, and so mad that he never listens, that I just had to let it slip.
So, things are going pretty good right now. I just woke up about 15 minutes ago. I guess right now I am going to just go downstairs, eat some breakfast, drink some OJ, and watch a little Animal Planet with Darlin.
My mom might even take me to the pound today! :)

Foam, I know you're a very sweet girl, and I know that age 12 is a hard age, with all those crazy hormones. :p I was 12 just a few years ago, and I know how bad it was. Even the smallest thing is very hurtful for a girl at that age, and for most of her teens, so I truely understand why you felt that why. Unfortunately, fathers, being males, do not exactly understand the problems their little girls go through, so its hard for them to comprehend what their girls problem is when she doesn't listen or makes a fuss and tend to get angry at us themselves.

I personally think your dad had the right to get you off the phone. I'm not allowed to chat on the phone at night myself, and I respect my parent's wishes, because I know that as my parents, they know what's best for me, and sometimes we don't understand why, but with their lifelong experience, they know what's best for their children and care. I believe your father loves you as all parents do, and only tells you not to do things because he loves you and cares for you, and wants you to do what's best. When he asked you to get off the phone, I know its frustrating and hard when you're talking to someone, but next time, smile, and tell him, "Sure dad, just let me say goodbye." I sure hope he'll understand.

I turely disapprove greatly of you using the *f* word on your own father. I'm glad to hear you try your best not to use such words on your parents, but this is one particularily harsh word, and its very wrong to use on your parents. I for one, wouldn't even use this word for my enemy. So please, no matter how upset/bad you feel, please don't talk to your parents like that.

I think your father slapped you because he felt hurt, being cussed at by his very own daughter. He didn't do the right thing, but then you didn't do the right thing either. I suggest that you give your daddy a big hug and tell him you're sorry and that you'll try your best to listen to him more, and hopefully, your parents will change their attitude towards you as well, and become more loving and kind.

Remember, when you feel down, we're all here for you. Don't leave us. When you feel upset, we're here to hear you vent.

Foam
09-06-2003, 04:26 PM
PCB, thank you so much..I understand what you're saying. :) That was very nicely said, as well. Thanks!!! :D
I'm under storm watch, and tornado warnign right now, though. So I tihnk I'm off for the day.
Bye bye everyone! Thanks SO much again!! :)
**hugs to all PTers**

primabella
09-06-2003, 04:31 PM
New arrival? That's great news! Kepe us updated with that. And you were going to leave PT? What's wrong with you! :p

I hope you can get your parents to understand you better and talk with your mom about your dad. I know what you mean about the swearing. It'll slip out--still he had NO RIGHT to slap you like that.

I hope everything is getting better for you. :D Give Darlin an extra hug form me ;)

Foam
09-06-2003, 07:46 PM
Turns out the 'tornado' was just a huge dust storm with a little rain. :rolleyes: City people these days...;)
Anyways..I got some new shoes, new clothes and no new puppy. I did however stop by the petshop, to check on the puppies. They had the most GORGEOUS Siberian I have EVER seen!
He was pure white, with an exception of one cream spot on the back of his right ear. He had these beautiful EMERALD eyes, and was a nice size. We took him out to play, and boy..he was a cuddler. Niot like a normal Sibe puppy. He chased the ball a few times, and then just layed down beside me, head on my knee and let me pet him. He was so sweet! :)

Aspen and Misty
09-06-2003, 09:24 PM
I've read through the whole thread and honestly can say I feel bad for you but know how it is to haev a dad who doesn't listen.

Good luck, I was depressed at the age of 12. I had no friends and my grandfather had just died so I was having a hard time and was depressed, not saying you are depressed. Just take care of yourself ok? And be carefull "abusive" people are scary.

Ash

ScantyNebula
09-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Glad to hear you aren't leaving -- sounds like you need somewhere to go to vent! This place is just perfect! :D

About the father situation ... Think about it the other way around ... Imagine if you had a kid and they cussed on you and told you they hate you? A bit harsh I think .. BUT that didn't give your father the right to hit you - thats just wrong. I made my dad really mad at me a few times while growing up, but not once did he hit me. Just watch what you say next time - no matter how hard! It will only make things worse ..

apcrs5122
09-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Oh, gosh, that's horrible. I feel so bad:( I'm not sure what words to use. I'm glad you're staying, we all care so much about you.

I know how hard it is to be a teen (hey, I am one you know;)). I hate school (I just started a new one and don't really have many friends), but it's getting better because I have made some really great friends. My animals are practialy the only things that keep me going. Sometimes I just want to scream, and leave, but I don't have anywhere to go. Sometimes I want to die even, but then I cry it out and feel a little better.

Please PM me, IM me (my name is racinbarrels100 ) e-mail me, something, I would love to talk to you about 'stuff':)

ScantyNebula
09-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by apcrs5122
Sometimes I want to die even, but then I cry it out and feel a little better.

Don't say stuff like that ... I just hate to hear that . No matter how bad things get, in time things will eventually get twice as better :) Just keep dreaming of the day when you get to move out of your parents house and live on your own - I was so happy when that day came!

apcrs5122
09-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Thanks Scanty Nebula:) It's just that things are so hard for me with school and people. And my parents are divorced (pretty recently) and they hate eachother, and......:( I find myself crying more and more often.....

ScantyNebula
09-06-2003, 09:54 PM
Thanks Scanty Nebula:) It's just that things are so hard for me with school and people. And my parents are divorced (pretty recently) and they hate eachother, and......:( I find myself crying more and more often.....

I understand ... just keep in mind that it is only temporary. Who ever said life was easy? :o The important thing is to keep dreaming and planning a future for yourself :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-06-2003, 10:58 PM
Foam--

I truly know how you feel. My parents are the same way sometimes and I also have wanted to die. Even when I see animals being mistreated I just want to leave this planet so I don't have to deal with seeing it or hearing about. I've had a bottle of asprin in my hand and a few times I've thought about it, but then Abby appears next to me and I change my mind. Just listen to me. Don't give up on anything. You're your own person and even though your dad has the right to tell you to do things, just hang out in your room and be your own person. Write in a journal or listen to music or something to take your mind off of things. Cry, whatever, but don't give up.

Hope ya have a better day... And remember, I'm here when you want to TALK to me... hint hint...

:D

Aspen and Misty
09-06-2003, 11:25 PM

My parents divorced what seems to be like just yesterday but was a year ago. It's hard, but all of us kids new it was going to happen soon. I'd love to talk to you about it as I know how you feel.

Ash

anna_66
09-07-2003, 09:32 AM
Well, I just got done reading the entire thread. I'm so glad that everyone was here for you in your time of need & that you decided to stay. We'd really miss you around here!
Take care of yourself girl!
Anna

bluekat
09-07-2003, 10:24 AM
Sometimes I just want to scream, and leave, but I don't have anywhere to go. Sometimes I want to die even, but then I cry it out and feel a little better.

That's how I feel now. I hate being a teen, these are truly my hardest years of life:( I just want to leave sometimes(not PT;)). I think about dying, but I know I'd NEVER commit suicide. I just want to escape into my own world:p But then I think about Blueberry and what would happen if I was gone or whatever, and it makes me feel that life is worth living, and this will all be over soon. (hopefully) I just want to skip ahead maybe 8 years, and get out of school.

GoldenRetrLuver
09-07-2003, 10:41 AM
Sometimes I want to die even, but then I cry it out and feel a little better.

Same here. I sometimes feel like I don't belong. That I'm different then everyone in my family (well, not you guys. ;)) Even when im feeling really depressed, Daisy will come up to me and lay in my lap. Right then I know I couldn't just leave her, shes what keeps me going through hard times.

Oh, BTW thanks for that chat yesterday...you really cheered me up. :)

apcrs5122
09-07-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
My parents divorced what seems to be like just yesterday but was a year ago. It's hard, but all of us kids new it was going to happen soon. I'd love to talk to you about it as I know how you feel.

Ash

Thanks, Ash:) I'd also love to talk with you. My screen name for AIM is racinbarrels100

Oh, BTW thanks for that chat yesterday...you really cheered me up.

No problem Julie. I think it cheered me up too:)

shais_mom
09-07-2003, 08:14 PM
First off.
Foam, I am so sorry you are having a rough time. 12 doesn't last forever! You look like such a beautiful, strong, happy girl. Definatley talk to your mom or an aunt or someone. It certainly sounds like depression. And it might not hurt to visit your doctor. Just to talk.
Your father does not every need to hit you not even sometimes.
I believe in spanking but slapping is out of control. Yes he might have been hurt that you swore at him like that but retaliating by slapping you is immature and childlike. And certainly not an excuse. He might need anger management classes. And if he is convicted of child abuse he will get them. I never swore at my parents. I would not now either and I am almost 28 years old. If I ever ever ever used the "F bomb'' in front of my mom, hell hath no fury of what she would do. But if my dad ever ever ever would have hit me the way yours hit you, hell hath no fury either. Your mom should not be allowing this to continue, I wonder if he hits her too. ***don't answer that***
I certainly don't agree with threatening your parents with ' if you touch me I will call the cops' I think that is what is wrong with our society. Well at least part of it. The times I can remember getting spanked as a kid I certainly deserved it, but never ever ever was there a time that I was struck upside the head, slapped in the face, or hit with anything other than the designated paddle or yard stick.
Keep Darlin close to you. And hint to your mom that the way that your dad treats animals is also a sign of the way he treats people. I certainly am not accusing him of anything. Just an FYI.
My friend who I got Kylie off of gave her up b/c her now husband didn't like her and threw her across the room. :mad:
She totally disregarded everyone telling her that he was a known abuser and have been in jail for domestic violence. She went ahead and married him and I just hope and pray for her sake that he has changed like she thinks he has and isn't using her as a punching bag.
My dad and I have a very close relationship, I am a 'daddy's girl' no matter how old or big I get. It hurts me when I see things like this happening b/c I know how good it could be.
You are in my thoughts and prayers. Feel free to IM me or PM me if you need anything. :)

lovemyshiba
09-07-2003, 08:47 PM
I haven't been on in a while, and I just caught up on this thread. I'm glad to hear everything seems to get better, and I will continue to keep you in my thoughts. I'm so glad you decided to stay here though--Pet Talk is so theraputic!!!!

As for those of you with the divorced parents, I went through it, almost 20 years ago, and it still feels like last year. It was horrible, with the custody battles and everything, and my mother trying to bribe my sister and I. I have a great relationship with my father and stepmother now, and wouldn't trade it for anything.
Feel free to pm me if you just need to vent about it--believe me, I do understand.