PDA

View Full Version : The people on this board are the best!

My Peanuts
09-05-2003, 03:11 PM
I have been posting here for about two weeks and I think this is the best board I have ever been on. I have posted on boards for my car, my Sony Aibo, my fish, and for Cedar Point amusement park. On all of those boards there is hostility ranging from mild (Aibo board) to severe (Cedar Point board), but I have to say that this is the nicest board ever. I know this seems like a fluff topic, but I thought it needed to be said! You guys are so nice and welcoming. This should be the standard for all other message boards! I have been on boards that I was afraid to post because people would go nuts if someone used the letter u instead of typing "you". It seems that all of you are here for the love of your pets and not to cut people down. From Sylvia, Harley, and me thank you so much! :D :D

Karen
09-05-2003, 03:13 PM
Thanks! We know that pet people are very special, and I think that's what makes this board a nice place!

tatsxxx11
09-05-2003, 03:20 PM
That was so sweet of you to say Diana!! And Pet Talk is the great place it is thanks to people like you!:) Again, seeing your precious babies Sylvia and Harley in your sig. has plastered the biggest smile on my face! I LOVE Pugs and JRT's or any mix of the above!!:D

robinh
09-05-2003, 03:38 PM
We always welcome people who love their pets. We're glad to have you.

The only thing we can complain about (as far as I can see) is that we haven't seen nearly enough pictures of your cute little furbabies!
;)

My Peanuts
09-05-2003, 03:42 PM
I will post more pics of my babies, but my grandma that I was very close to passed away and I haven't been taking a lot of pictures. I will post more soon.

Logan
09-05-2003, 03:47 PM
Thank you for those kind words. :) I think that sort of affirmation is exactly what we need to hear, every now and then.

We're glad you're here too! So sorry for your loss, though. :( I consistenly miss my grandparents, and so wish that they could have seen me "all grown up", and meet my family.

Logan

momoffuzzyfaces
09-05-2003, 03:51 PM
I have to agree with you! Pet Talk is the best. I've made some very dear friends through Pet Talk and fallen in love with all the animals.:D

dukedogsmom
09-05-2003, 04:38 PM
I've never been on any other message boards but from your description, doesn't sound like it would be fun like it is here! Glad you like it.

popcornbird
09-05-2003, 04:48 PM
You're right as ever! I'd think this is the only board I've seen where people are so kind, and get into arguments but still forgive and end up being friends.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your grandma's passing. :( I know its hard, and I lost all my grandparents before I turned 13, so I know how it feels. :( Take your time to heal the pain, and when you're up for it, I'd love to see pics of your birdies!

jenluckenbach
09-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Welcome. And I agree about the quality of the people who post here. I went to another board that I believed I would have a lot in common with its members and it was terrible. Too much swearing and deep downright complaining. Now I complain as much as anyone, and we often "vent" around here, but this was unbearable!!!

slick
09-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Diana: I've only been on this board since December 2002 and I have to agree that the people here are extremely caring and offer up as much positive support as you can handle.

Sure, there are those who choose to post about very contraversal topics in the Dog House but I think we try to be mature enough not to take anything personal. Besides, this is Pet Talk and pet lovers are very compassionate about their beliefs.:D :D :D I don't often join in on these types of conversations but I do enjoy reading the opinions of the younger crowd. When I was their age in the 60's, it never occurred to me that my opinion counted at all and I certainly kept everything to myself (except in the late 60's - the hippy era..).

Welcome to Pet Talk and did I mention we LOVE to see lots and lots of pictures of your pets??

gini
09-06-2003, 12:47 AM
Diana, there is an old saying about "birds of a feather, flock together."

This is such a good forum. Sure, we bicker once in a while and some people get their noses bent out of shape, but we won't let them stay that way for too long.

Have fun here, it is just the best place to be.

I love your pups too.

Also, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. It is very difficult.

CathyBogart
09-06-2003, 01:16 AM
*Tucks Harley into her pocket and RUNS*

OMG he is ADORABLE!!

Welcome to the boards BTW! :D

Barbara
09-06-2003, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by WolfChan
*Tucks Harley into her pocket and RUNS*

OMG he is ADORABLE!!

Welcome to the boards BTW! :D

WolfChan, if I get him/her earlier we have to see who runs faster;);)

Sooooooo cuuuute:)

RobiLee
09-06-2003, 08:27 AM
Hi Diana,

I am so glad you like it here. I totally agree with you. I have been here since June and everyone is just wonderful! I get to talk about my dog, Katie. I get to talk about other people's pets and see all of the pics. Plus, I even get to vent about my ordeal with cancer. I have been off work for awhile because of the cancer and this place has been such an uplifting experience. I get to meet all kinds of nice people like YOU! You just can't find a better place! I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I know how difficult it can be. I'll be thinking about you. Take Care!

P.S. Your dogs are so cute! Can't wait to see more of them.

P.S.S. You mentioned Cedar Point...my son and his girlfriend are there today! I'll bet they are having a blast. I don't think it is fair that they left me behind....lol

:) Robin :)

RobiLee
09-06-2003, 08:28 AM
Bummer....lol...someone needs to teach me how to do a signature thingy...lol.........HELP!

KYS
09-06-2003, 09:20 AM
I agree this Pet site is one of a kind. :)

I am very sorry to hear about your grandmother.
Grandmothers and mothers are so very special.
I think about mine almost daily.

Hope to see more of your posts when you
are ready.