PDA

View Full Version : Bassett needs prayers again :(

Nomilynn
09-05-2003, 12:46 PM
Last night I noticed that she wasn't breathing very well.. very laboured and fast. Then this morning, there was a little bit of open mouth breathing. I took her to the vet first thing this morning.

Last time she went to the vet, she had some of that bloody syrus type fluid in there, and they weren't able to get it all out. I'm praying that whatever is there now, is more of that stuff and not chyle. Either way, nothing is supposed to be there but chyle means we're REALLY hooped; the other stuff means we might be able to fix it. They are also taking a blood test because they said her gums look pale, so she might be anemic (which would make sense if she was leaking bloody fluid) and she was also anemic right after surgery.

Please say some prayers for my baby. It worked before - I just can't see God not listening a second time. I really need her in my life.. I'm not ready to let go and I'm terrified right now. It doesn't help that I got almost no sleep last night, either :(

I have to go to work (but oh how I don't want to) so I won't have internet all day, but I can see if Nate can give periodic updates as I get calls from my vet. I also don't know if I'll have internet over the weekend, but maybe I can find a cafe or something.

I'll keep you posted. Please pray for her. She needs it :(

slick
09-05-2003, 12:50 PM
I'm so sorry Naomi! Here I was thinking that no news is good news and Bassett was continuing to do well. Prayers on the way. I know they will work a second time.

Nate: I'll be looking for updates all day.

Lirathal
09-05-2003, 12:53 PM
As Naomi said, I'll keep you posted. She'll be phoning me and I will update you all as we progress though this rough time. As Naomi said, prayers would be more than welcome during this time. My hope is that it is just some of this Syrus fluid that was there before. I'll keep you posted as the telephone calls come.

Regards,
A/V Dept

Cinder & Smoke
09-05-2003, 12:59 PM
Hello, GOD?

Hi, God ~

Got a problem down here onna Big Durt Ball -
Seemz our Buddie, Bassett, da Kitty, is havin a problem breathin rite
- again. :(

She's havin a Chek-er-Up atta White Coats rite now -
Kuld You pop in an lend a Hand?
Maybee Hold her Paw?
An show da Vet da rite page inna Big Book to read.

Preciate Your Help, God!!

/s/ da Prayer Pups

bisi.cat
09-05-2003, 01:03 PM
This is so upsetting...I've read all your further posts on this topic and Bassett's surgery...and I was so happy to hear that she was doing fine...

Bassett and you will be in my thoughts and prayers

moosmom
09-05-2003, 01:04 PM
Nate and Naomi,

I'm so sorry about Bassett. I will be saying prayers for her tonight. I hope it's something that is fixable after all you (and she) have been through.

Tell Naomi I'm thinking about her and if wants to call me, I'll be home all weekend. She has my number.

God, PLEASE!!! get Bassett through this and make her well.

Love and (((((((hugs))))))))

Donna

ScantyNebula
09-05-2003, 01:06 PM
Ohh Naomi and Nate I'm so sorry this happened again -- I will pray for sweet Bassett that she will make it through like the fighter she is. Chin up. :)

Barbara
09-05-2003, 01:13 PM
Our love and best wishes go out to Bassett and you!

RedHedd
09-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Prayers coming your way from the San Francisco (shaky) Bay!

HayleyRosie
09-05-2003, 01:41 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. You will all be in my prayers.

catland
09-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Sweet Bassett - I hope your checkup brings good news. This must be so difficult.

Prayers on the way.

rosethecopycat
09-05-2003, 01:50 PM
Prayers from Florida coming.

Come on Bassett, don't scare your Mommy like that.

We're always here when you need us.

Rose

momoffuzzyfaces
09-05-2003, 01:57 PM
Prayers on the way from Kansas for you both!!!

Logan
09-05-2003, 02:00 PM
Oh dear! :( Come on, Bassett!! You have been through so much. We're praying for you, sweetie!!!!

Lerah021399
09-05-2003, 02:38 PM
I hope that Bassett is okay. Prayers are on the way.

2kitties
09-05-2003, 02:50 PM
Get's in on Cinder and Smoke's call to God

Dear God,
Diz is Rocky and Taz. We're on conference call with Cinder and Smoke. Pwease help Bassett da kitty.

Pwease, her meowmie isn't ready for her to go anywhere. She's got lots to do this side of da bridge.

Pwease take care of Bassett.

Karen
09-05-2003, 03:05 PM
Miss Hoppy and we will pray for Bassett as well. Hang in there and be good at the white-coats, pretty girl!

ChrisH
09-05-2003, 03:13 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. :( Sending prayers and positive thoughts for both Bassett and you.

Kirsten
09-05-2003, 03:15 PM
Best wishes from Germany are on their way now... :(

Naomi, I'm so very sorry you have to go through this again! I was so hoping Bassett would be alright!

Let's all hope it's the fluid which can be removed one day!!

Kirsten

PayItForward
09-05-2003, 03:38 PM
Oh No. I thought Bassett was on the mend.

Hoping this is a small setback , she doesn't deserve to have more problems, she has been though so much. :(

Prayers and crossed fingers & paws from the UK cat herd.

sasha the cat
09-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Mew-mew grow stronger. Your MeowMommy needs you to stay longer.

Please hear the prayers offered on behalf of Bassett -- we are focusing on you, Bassett: willing you to live, to regain your health and to remain with your people.

jazzcat
09-05-2003, 03:47 PM
Oh I hope everything is okay. She's in my prayers.

Randi
09-05-2003, 03:58 PM
Naomi, I'm so sorry to hear Bassett has difficulties breathing. Best wishes and hoping she'll recover very soon!

Get well, sweet Bassett!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-05-2003, 05:13 PM
Oh no! There are definitely positive thoughts and prayers going out to Bassett today.

What a sad turn of events especially now, right after your dad was so wonderful and paid up the last of the hospital bill. :(

Please get well soon Bassett.

AmberLee
09-05-2003, 06:27 PM
You all are in our prayers.

Felicia's Mom
09-05-2003, 06:37 PM
I am sorry to hear the bad news. :( :( You will be in my prayers.

dukedogsmom
09-05-2003, 07:40 PM
I said a prayer as I was reading these. And I know exactly how you feel. Duke was very sick with Pancreatis a few months ago and on the way to the vet, I begged him not to leave me yet. Let us know how things are going.

Nomilynn
09-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Well, no real news. Bassett's exray was inconclusive; they couldn't see any fluid but she's still not breathing so something has to be going on. She's staying at the vet's this weekend while I'm away so they can watch her and also she will be nice and still. Other than that, I just have to wait. We are going back to Vancouver for another ultrasound on Wednesday next week. Hopefully, that will give us the answers we need :( Until then, keep praying :(

Naomi

Cataholic
09-05-2003, 08:36 PM
Prayers from Ohio on the way up to you! Come on Bassett, we have gone too far with you for this to happen now. Please let it be something minor....

{{{Hugs to Bassett, Naomi, Nate, Tilly and Nutmeg}}}}}}

Cincy'sMom
09-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Prayers from Ohio on the way up to you! Come on Bassett, we have gone too far with you for this to happen now. Please let it be something minor....

{{{Hugs to Bassett, Naomi, Nate, Tilly and Nutmeg}}}}}}

Adding prayers from North West Ohio, to Jo's Southern, and Smoke and Cinder's Eastern...Hang in there Bassie, you've got a lot of playing to do!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-05-2003, 09:30 PM
*Also gets in on the Prayer line to God...*

Dis is Abby... My mawmee is almos got wet eyez cuz we can't loos Bassett... Bassie's mawmee can't let her prance to da brige yet...

Dis is Noami's WORLD you gots in ur hanz God... I'm beggin youz... pleez make Bassie *Kat* Okayz... Please.

Shee iz so speshulz to alla us Pet Talkiers...

Jus reach down wiffa yur hanz and gib Bassie a nose scritchie. Tell herz she gonna be OK'z... Gib her a kissie onna head and make her be okayzz...

Steffi N
09-05-2003, 10:26 PM
I hope so much that Bassett will be okay. Our hearts are with you, Naomi.

tomkatzid
09-06-2003, 12:15 AM
Our prayers and crossed paws with claws are with you.

krazyaboutkatz
09-06-2003, 12:34 AM
Naomi, I'm so sorry to hear about Bassett. :( Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-06-2003, 12:40 AM
Dear Naomi and Bassett,

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you at this difficult time.

gini
09-06-2003, 12:57 AM
Bassett, you have the whole world praying for you. You are so dearly loved by all of us. You have your Mom so worried.
I pray that this is something that can be cleared up immediately and you are back home in short order.

Naomi, let me reach out and give you a big hug........and offer prayers for you both.

NoahsMommy
09-06-2003, 01:44 AM
:( Oh no!!! :(

We'll be praying over here for you and Bassett.

Killearn Kitties
09-06-2003, 03:26 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts being offered here for you and your sweet Bassett.

jenluckenbach
09-06-2003, 06:09 AM
Bassett......hang in there girl. Everyone is working very hard to get you back to 100%. We love you and all of us are praying for your very quick recovery.

catmandu
09-06-2003, 09:41 AM
please God , there are enough Cats up here without Bassett. Please give basst and her Fur Mom just a few more years to be together, and we will be more discreet in shreading the Clouds! Deal?

lynnestankard
09-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Dear Naomie and Nathan and our very special Bassett - prayers and many good thoughts speeding across the ocean {{{{Hugs}}}} to you all. The prayer candle has been lit - even though it's not Monday - c'mon our gorgeous girl you can pull through this xxxx

Lynne

RICHARD
09-06-2003, 12:00 PM
prayers sent!

hugs and slugs to you and the kitty!

BastetsMum
09-06-2003, 12:09 PM
Prayers from Bastet and myself.

rg_girlca
09-06-2003, 12:10 PM
Oh no, i'm so heartbroken reading this. Dear sweet Bassett and Naomi, my prayers and positive thoughts are with you.
You've pulled through once Bassett, please pull through again sweet girl.

anna_66
09-06-2003, 01:48 PM
I'm so sorry to read about sweet Bassett. I hope it's going to be something that can be dealt with easily.
I'll be keeping you all in my prayers.
Anna

09-06-2003, 02:49 PM
Please get better soon, sweet Bassett!!

kittycats
09-06-2003, 08:35 PM
prayers sent for Bassett, that she will be okay! so sorry to read this news:(

rg_girlca
09-07-2003, 11:25 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts still on the way.

Miss Meow
09-07-2003, 06:43 PM
How is Bassett today? I am so worried for you both.

We are sending lots of positive thoughts your way and hoping for some good news.

gini
09-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Naomi, me too. I hope you will have some good news to post about Bassett when you return.

captain
09-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Ditto Miss Meow's comments from me, Captain, Ruby and Jo

Nomilynn
09-07-2003, 11:47 PM
Thank you for all the prayers, everyone.

I will be picking Bassett up from the vet in the morning. I really won't have more news about her condition until after Wednesday, because that's when her ultrasound is. I'm so scared about how I'm going to pay for it all.. ARGH if only I had invested in pet insurance! I'm trying so hard to pay off all my other bills, and now this too.. SIGH!!!

But I'm getting it done, because she needs it, and she's all that matters at the moment.

I will have more news for you as soon as I know :) Thank you all so much, for being such a great family to me :)

moosmom
09-08-2003, 08:23 AM
Naomi,

I was thinking about you last night when I was online, wondering how Bassett was doing.

I'll keep praying for her. You are such a great Meowmy. I'd sell my body if that's what it took to make my any of my cats well (although I'd probably be the one paying with this old bod :D)

Hang in there and know we are ALL praying for you and Bassett.

Love,
Donna and fur (non-furkids and one spiffy cone named Carl)

Russian Blue
09-08-2003, 08:56 AM
Poor Bassett!! Sending vibes out for positive ultrasound results.

ramanth
09-08-2003, 10:06 AM
Beautiful Bassett... I do hope you get well soon.

*HUGS*

Kona & Oreo's mom
09-08-2003, 10:16 AM
I'll be thinking of you and hoping for positive results on Wednesday. Get well, Bassett!

HayleyRosie
09-08-2003, 10:58 AM
You are in our prayers and we are hoping that you get positive news on wednesday.

K & L
09-08-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
Thank you for all the prayers, everyone.

I I'm so scared about how I'm going to pay for it all.. ARGH if only I had invested in pet insurance! I'm trying so hard to pay off all my other bills, and now this too.. SIGH!!!

But I'm getting it done, because she needs it, and she's all that matters at the moment.

I will have more news for you as soon as I know :) Thank you all so much, for being such a great family to me :)

Boy isn't that the way it is for all of us. Just in the past few months we have spent in the thousands between Porch, Spike, and our flea problem. But like you said, it needs done and that's what us responsible pet owners do! I hope Bassett gets well soon!

Catsnclay
09-08-2003, 12:33 PM
[I I'm so scared about how I'm going to pay for it all.. ARGH if only I had invested in pet insurance! I'm trying so hard to pay off all my other bills, and now this too.. SIGH!!! ]

We "invested" over $5,000.00 for Lucky (I quit counting after we hit the big 5)......but this is part of being a responsible pet owner. And people think that owning a pet is just giving them food & water..........

Nomilynn
09-08-2003, 11:51 PM
Bassett was in SUCH a bad mood when I got to the vet.. she even bit me :( Oh well.. she's home now, and much happier. I will try to keep her stress free until the trip on Wednesday

rg_girlca
09-09-2003, 12:06 AM
Oh Naomi. i'm so sorry to hear that, I hope she didn't bite you too badly. She must have been having flashbacks from when she was in the last time.
I'm glad her spirits lifted once she was back home.

I'm wishing you all the best of luck on Wednesday.
You will both be in my thoughts and my prayers.

Nomilynn
09-09-2003, 12:18 AM
I don't blame her one bit for biting me. She did it when the vet walked in, and I think she thought I was going to leave her. She's never bitten me before, but she's been through so much.. I can understand it. Right now, she's laying on my arms as I type this.. she's so much happier at home! I feel bad that she has to go through all this, but I just wish they could figure out what's wrong. I will keep you all posted.

Barbara
09-09-2003, 02:52 AM
Poor Bassett, we understand that you had to bite a little because it is soooo difficult for you to understand what's happening all the time:)

We keep our fingres crossed for tomorrow:)

IttyBittyKitty
09-09-2003, 06:40 AM
Coming your way, Naomi and Bassett. It must be awful, to have more uncertainty and suffering when the two of you have been through so much! Give Bassett lots of scritchies for me and Bassett be sure to give your Meowmie cuddles and try not to bite her!

Keep us posted!

lynnestankard
09-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Naomie - Bassett and Nathan

{{{{Hugs}}}} coming across the miles for you all - I'm keeping everything crossed here - good luck xxx

Lynne

slick
09-10-2003, 02:52 PM
Prayers coming across the water from us too.....

Lirathal
09-10-2003, 05:12 PM
We interrupt your regularly scheduled broadcast for this announcement:

Bassett is OK. The Doctor said that she was fine, there was no change in the x-rays from a week after surgery and todays x-rays. Her lung capacity is 50% of what it was when she was "healthy" therefore she can't have as much activity as she used to. She also may be a bit aneminc, which wouldn't help either. But all in all good news, no fluid.

Thank you,

We now return you to your regularly scheduled posting.

Regards,
A/V Dept.

Kater
09-10-2003, 05:13 PM
Great news! Thanks for the uppie date!!! (hey wait--- that's zippy-talk :p)

IttyBittyKitty
09-10-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Lirathal
We interrupt your regularly scheduled broadcast for this announcement:

Bassett is OK. The Doctor said that she was fine, there was no change in the x-rays from a week after surgery and todays x-rays. Her lung capacity is 50% of what it was when she was "healthy" therefore she can't have as much activity as she used to. She also may be a bit aneminc, which wouldn't help either. But all in all good news, no fluid.

Thank you,

We now return you to your regularly scheduled posting.

Regards,
A/V Dept.

Phew!!!!!!!!! That is great news! Bassett, try not to scare your meowmie and the rest of us like that again :D :D

rosethecopycat
09-10-2003, 05:40 PM
:D

Steffi N
09-10-2003, 06:12 PM
I am very glad to read that Bassett is okay, except for having to adopt a more leisurely lifestyle. If she is anemic, can that be treated with diet and /or a supplement.
Sitting down again after doing twirling happy dance. :)

gini
09-10-2003, 06:16 PM
WHAT ABSOLUTELY GREAT NEWS!

Cinder & Smoke
09-10-2003, 06:40 PM
:)

Hey God ~

* THANKS * ;)

/s/ the Prayer Pups

catland
09-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Yea Bassett:D :D :D

Congrats on the GREAT news.:D

Miss Meow
09-10-2003, 06:51 PM
Hooray! Thank goodness it's not fluid :)

RICHARD
09-10-2003, 07:06 PM
:)

Crikit
09-10-2003, 07:13 PM
Great news. Glad to hear Bassett's alright.

Nomilynn
09-10-2003, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone :) We just got home.

I was so relieved to hear this news about Bassett. I've been worried sick about her!

If she is anemic, it's something that she will have to have long term management for. Dr. Schiller says that Bassett will likely have "chronic inflamation" due to the scarring she has on her lungs, and there is really nothing that can be done about it. She can be treated for anemia with injections. I don't know how many times a week or anything, but it's something that I can give her at home myself, so at least she wouldn't have to go to the vet all the time for a shot. She will also be on prednisone for a little while, and possibly for a longer duration. However, because prednisone is a steroid, we don't want her to be taking that for a long period of time because it can have some negative side effects.

Right now, Bassett is either eating or having a bath.. not sure which :) Either way, she's home :)

anna_66
09-10-2003, 07:18 PM
I'm glad to hear Bassett is doing fine:D

jenluckenbach
09-10-2003, 07:29 PM
WHEW!!!:) :)

Russian Blue
09-10-2003, 07:32 PM
What a relief for all of you! Yay!

:D

Felicia's Mom
09-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Thank God for the great news!:D

ScantyNebula
09-10-2003, 08:38 PM
What GREAT news, Nate and Naomi!! Bassett - No more scaring us all like that!! ;)

AmberLee
09-10-2003, 09:22 PM
What a relief! Whew!!

Logan
09-10-2003, 09:26 PM
What wonderful news!!!! I am so relieved for you, Naomi. And Ms. Bassett will have to learn to live the life of leisure and enjoy all the attention you give her! Heck, I could do that easily!!!! :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-10-2003, 10:02 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:D :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-11-2003, 08:36 AM
Yeah!!! That's wonderful, wonderful news!! :D

Barbara
09-11-2003, 08:42 AM
Yay Bassett:D :D :D

We are so happy to hear the good news. Now your purrents can relax a little:)

ramanth
09-11-2003, 08:49 AM
Yay for Bassett!! :D

Killearn Kitties
09-11-2003, 09:54 AM
Excellent! :D Please give her cuddles from me.

Kona & Oreo's mom
09-11-2003, 10:08 AM
Hooray! I'm so glad she's doing well.

09-11-2003, 10:17 AM
Hurray for Bassett AND Naomi!!!

kimlovescats
09-11-2003, 11:12 AM
What wonderful news!!! Hugs to all!;)

ChrisH
09-11-2003, 12:55 PM
Wonderful news!!!:) :) :)

slick
09-11-2003, 01:17 PM
Yeah.....thanks God! You've never let us down. See? PT prayers really do make a difference.

Hugs to you guys and kisses to the furbabies.

PayItForward
09-11-2003, 02:11 PM
Hurray.. This good news has made my Day !!! :D

Cataholic
09-11-2003, 04:47 PM
Yippee!

Kirsten
09-11-2003, 04:50 PM
What wonderful news!!! :)

I'm so happy for Bassett and Naomi! :)

Kirsten

Cincy'sMom
09-11-2003, 07:20 PM
Yeah Bassett!!!!

moosmom
09-11-2003, 07:40 PM
Naomi,

It is so good to hear that Bassett is home and happy and that she's okay.

I've been so wrapped up in my own soap opera with Eli, I haven't been posting or looking in the other threads at all.

Give Bassett a smooch for me, okay?

(((((hugs))))))

Donna

rg_girlca
09-11-2003, 08:49 PM
Such good news. I'm so happy for you Naomi.

NoahsMommy
09-12-2003, 12:29 AM
Great news Nom! You're such a good kitty mommy...giving shots and taking such good care of her. :)

IttyBittyKitty
09-12-2003, 02:10 AM
Hoorah for Bassett, now make sure you don't bite your poor Meowmie again, she needs lotsa cuddles to get over this scare!

HayleyRosie
09-12-2003, 01:16 PM
Wonderful news!

tomkatzid
09-12-2003, 01:17 PM
We are SOOOOOOOOO happy for you guys. Great news.
Tom and Katz