PDA

View Full Version : Ooooh :(

EssTer
09-05-2003, 10:03 AM
How I said Iīm here newcommer, but itīs so hard to be in here, because you all know each other and have nice themes, but I donīt know how can i be your friend? it will be good, if all who want to know me, and be friends, say something about yourself. Itīs so big forum, like large large city!!!!

Logan
09-05-2003, 10:15 AM
Hi EssTer! :D I know it feels overwhelming at times, especially when you are new to the forum. But there are good, friendly people here, who want to get to know you! I have been a member over three years now, so I feel quite comfortable (as you can tell by the number of posts I had made....I am quite a blabbermouth).

Just jump in, tell us about your pets, your home, etc, anything you want! We're glad you have joined us!!! :)

Logan

EssTer
09-05-2003, 10:23 AM
Well, how can you all see, my homeīs in Iceland :) I have kitten, sheīs about 4 months old, and her nameīs Tracie!

But my favourite animals are horses. I love BIG horses, but whatīa shame - in Iceland is just icelandic horses. Theyīre about 140cm!But when i lived in other contry I rided very much and I jumped too :) itīs so cool!!!!I like dogs too, expecially australian shepherds :) .... and bunnies - theyīre so cute, expecially lops!!!! When I see in petoftheday.com , that dayīs pet is bunnie, I canīt say AWWWW :) Theyīre so nice :)

EssTer
09-05-2003, 10:25 AM
How can I change text under my nickname, thereīs newcommer, but I want something ellse, because i have seen some of users have text written by self, i think so :)

gini
09-05-2003, 10:32 AM
EssTer - a big welcome to Pet Talk. You will find everyone here very friendly and willing to talk about anything you wish. It does seem a bit overwhelming at first - but as people respond to you, you will feel right at home. We have a lot of blabbermouths here, you can tell by the number of posts. And we love them all.

I liked your webshots. It would be fun to see pictures of your kitten too.

Again, WELCOME!

Logan
09-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Well, now it says "resident", so you're getting there! When you hit 100 posts, you will become a "Citizen" and I think at that point you can change it to whatever you want it to be. I have never changed mine. :o

I'll bet your hands are full with Tracie! A kitten is so much fun. I love to see horses, but I will admit I am a bit fearful of them. I need to take some lessons one day and get over that fear of riding. One day, I will!

I live in the US, in the state of South Carolina. I turn 41 years old in a couple of weeks (I am NOT excited about that part). But life is good. We have 7 pets (you see them in my signature), plus one foster Golden Retriever, Zipper, who is an 8 year old male. We also have three children, who are 8,10 and 12 years old. My husband and I have been married for 8 months now, so we are a "blended family", but having a great time!!! :)

It is nice to "meet" you. I'm sure others will be popping to say hello and introduce themselves too!

Logan

Cataholic
09-05-2003, 10:53 AM
Welcome to PT, I think you will like it here. While it might seem like we are a big community, really, once you get familar with us, it will seem like a large family, very comfortable to be around.

I live in the US, too, in Ohio. I have 7 pets, all displayed below. Binx says he wishes he lived in Iceland...as it is hotter than Africa (sorry Ally Cat's mommy) here. I am 37, single, and work as an attorney....

EssTer
09-05-2003, 11:54 AM
Thanx for nice words... Iīm so happy, that you all are so nice :)

sammi
09-05-2003, 12:01 PM
Welcome to this message board! I think you will like it here - we don't always agree but thats ok too!
I go by Sammi on here and have 2 dogs Buddy & Abby.
I live in North Dakota, USA and we have a ?large Icelandic community in this area & I have many Icelandic friends!

EssTer
09-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Ooh, itīs very intresting - about those icelandic friends.... and maybe someone in this forum from Iceland? it will be very nice to meet someone :)

Karen
09-05-2003, 12:21 PM
Welcome, I have one bunny - Miss Hoppy. That's her in my avatar, and her below, too. She's not a lop, though! ;)

http://PetoftheDay.com/online/karen/CleaningTime.JPEG

I think the Icelandic horses are lovely - but I like Clydesdales, too - okay, I like ALL horses of any size! :)

lbaker
09-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Welcome EssTer, you are new but have accomplished a great thing already! You got Karen (the Mayor of PetTalk) to post a recent picure of Miss Hoppy :D Many of us "regulars" have been trying to get her to do that for ages ;) I live in the state of Maryland, just outside Washington DC and have 7 dogs - several are Australian Shepherd mix, and some Border Collie mix, and 5 cats. I am a widow and my grown son, his wife and their two teenage boys live with me (some of the dogs & cats are actually theirs). I have met several of the people here at PetTalk at some meetings where several of us get together and everyone I've met has been wonderful - men, women, children and best of all ANIMALS. Welcome.

Laurie

anna_66
09-05-2003, 12:57 PM
It's so nice to have you here. Like everyone else has said, this is more like a big family than anything else:)

My name is Anna & I am owned by the 3 dogs in my pic below. Angus is the rottie, Roxie is the sibe & Huney is the little chow girl.
I also live in the US, Ohio to be exact.

I hope you decide to stick around!

gini
09-05-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Welcome, I have one bunny - Miss Hoppy. That's her in my avatar, and her below, too. She's not a lop, though! ;)

http://PetoftheDay.com/online/karen/CleaningTime.JPEG

Wow EssTer......none of us have been able to get our Mayor to post a picture of Miss Hoppy. You must have a special touch!

I didn't mention earlier that I am from California, Los Angeles to be exact. I am owned by a wonderful orange tabby, Rascal.
Rascal has adopted two feral orange girls, named Annie and Emma - the terror twins.

dukedogsmom
09-05-2003, 02:52 PM
Welcome EssTer! This is a great place to hang out and have fun. I'm Valerie and I have a 9 year old German Shepherd/Chow dog and a 19 year old English Arabian horse. I've had him since he was 10 months old. Hope you like it here!

Karen
09-05-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by gini
Wow EssTer......none of us have been able to get our Mayor to post a picture of Miss Hoppy. You must have a special touch!

That's just one froma whole bunch I posted for everyone here (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32636&perpage=15&pagenumber=2)!

EssTer
09-05-2003, 04:48 PM
Ooh, you all have so cool animals!!!!!!1 and those dogs - roxie and huney, and horse and all other... itīs so lovely!!!!!!! Thanx, youīre realy nice people... all... thank you... Now I feel realy good :)

popcornbird
09-05-2003, 04:53 PM
Welcome! I know how it feels to be a newbie, but don't feel left out! Just tell us about your sweet kitten, and feel right at home! All animal lovers are welcome, right Karen? ;)

I have two cockatiels, both of whom you can see in my signature. They're the sweetest things! I'd love to see and hear about your pets also! Tell us about Iceland too! Its always fun to hear about other countries! :)

EssTer
09-06-2003, 01:34 PM
Well about Iceland - itīs very beautiful country... there are much of ice and snow in winter, but it isnīt so cold.... in summer somtimes is very hot, but i have heard that some years ago, in juny was snow in some places :) thereīre many hot sprgings, geysir! and very many, beautilful waterfalls... Well, itīs very hard to tell about this contry :)Iīll try to find some web pages about iceland with photos......

oooh, sorry, I forgot, that this forum is about pets.. oops....

Soon, Iīll try to make thread about Tracie :)

Barbara
09-06-2003, 04:01 PM
In General it's ok to post about any topic. I#ve never been to Iceland but I'd like to go one day. I have a friend who has been living there for some years. (But we are MUCH OLDER than you- so she is again in Germany since 20 years.)

iceyshiver21
09-06-2003, 04:57 PM
HI!! and WELCOMER!!!

Im kaite,
I have 6 dogs-
Annie-Basset/Newfie
Buck-Lab
Bishop-Lab/rotty/shepard
Niffer-(annie's brother) Basset/newfie
Odie-Border Collie
Duchess- Rotty

All my pups were rescued :D

I have 8 Cats(ones with "*" are fosters)
Memow
Ozzy
Peppi
Penut
Mexa*
Gemini*
Zed*
Blueberry

I have a Bunny named Nods, a horse name Soni, and geunia hen named guina, and a Rat named Meesee

jenluckenbach
09-06-2003, 05:23 PM
Iceland sounds wonderful.
I have 14 cats, strictly indoor pets, 3 foster kittens awaiting adoption, and also pet mice (a source of great amusement for the cats).
I am married. My husband Charlie and I just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary.
I am a professional pet groomer (cats and dogs).

Logan
09-06-2003, 08:07 PM
Zipper has been adopted.

By us!!!! :D :D :D We now have 8 pets!!!!!

jenluckenbach
09-06-2003, 08:54 PM
Zipper has been adopted.
OK, who is Zipper and what did I miss?!?

Cookiebaker
09-06-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Zipper has been adopted.

Accck! Logan! That is so exciting!!!!

And a big welcome to pettalk, Essterr!! I hope you enjoy it here and stick around!! It's tons of fun!

popcornbird
09-06-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Zipper has been adopted.

Yes...........who is Zipper? :confused:

Hey, can I make you a new sig with this addition? ;)

Congrats!

sammi
09-06-2003, 10:39 PM
Logan adopted their "foster" !!!!!!!! :D

jenluckenbach
09-07-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by sammi
Logan adopted their "foster" !!!!!!!! :D
their foster WHAT!!!??????
of course it is exciting no matter who it is.;) :D

anna_66
09-07-2003, 08:47 AM
That's so exciting Logan!!!!

Jen...look here to read about Zipper (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32852&highlight=zipper).
Or if you search for Zipper-Logan, you'll see all the posts she's made about him:D

EssTer
09-07-2003, 11:54 AM
I have 14 cats

Ooh, 14 cats, I think itīs very many :)

Vermontcat
09-07-2003, 01:41 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk EssTer!:)
Iceland sounds like a very beautiful place to live. I don't think there are any other Pet Talkers from Iceland.
I love horses and riding and Icelandic horses are a very interesting breed.
Here is a link to a farm near me that raises Icelandic horses.
http://www.icelandichorses.com/breed.html

I don't own any horses but my daughter and I both enjoy horseback riding.
I own one cat Samantha and a parakeet named T-bird. I hope you like it here at Pet Talk.:)