PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

PJ's Mom
09-05-2003, 10:01 AM
Hello. :D

As you probably know, we have a cat named Pumpkin. She's a 5-6 year old Calico, and we've had her since she was a baby.

She's recently started peeing on everything :mad: She pees in my plants, on clothes, on furniture...anything she feels like peeing on. :( We've taken her to the vet and know that it's not a medical condition that's causing her to do this. She used to do it only when she got mad at us for something, but now, it's become a once week thing.

The litter boxes are cleaned twice a day, and she always has access to them, so I don't see any reason for her behavior. :confused:

Help.

K & L
09-05-2003, 10:19 AM
She needs to be checked for an UTI. Get her to the vet!

NoahsMommy
09-05-2003, 10:43 AM
I agree with K&L, have you taken her to the vet for this recently??? It really does sound like a UTI.

Cats also seem to pee if they are distressed. Have you had anything new happen in your house in the last few weeks?

zippy-kat
09-05-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Cats also seem to pee if they are distressed. Have you had anything new happen in your house in the last few weeks?

I was wondering if maybe she didn't care for the new G. Piggie?

Kirsten
09-05-2003, 03:21 PM
I agree, have her urine checked by a vet, it's very likely it's UTI. I had the same problem with Luna a while ago (and have it again now btw) and we first thought it was stress-related because we had just moved. If I would have had her checked a bit earlier maybe my guest bed could have been saved! ;) But when the vet found out it's been struvite crystals, she recovered very quickly and the peeing thing stopped - till now! :eek:

Kirsten

sasha the cat
09-05-2003, 04:11 PM
a UTI right away! This is a serious condition and the smaller the animal, the more dangerous it is. Go to Vet NOW.

tomkatzid
09-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
We've taken her to the vet and know that it's not a medical condition that's causing her to do this.
since you took her to the vet and know it is not a UTI, I would assume they checked that out. Then I agree with zippy-kat that maybe she doesn't like the new G pig. Did it start about the same time?