PDA

View Full Version : A little bit of arrogance

slleipnir
09-04-2003, 06:59 PM
My dad sent me this, thought it was kinda funny. I hope it doesn't offend anyone, its just a joke..anywho if it does I'll delete it

A LITTLE BIT OF ARROGANCE...
The following is an actual transcript of a radio conversation of a US naval ship with the Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland October 1995.

Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canadians: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North.

Canadians: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, I SAY AGAIN, THAT'S ONE - FIVE DEGREES NORTH, OR COUNTERMEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP!

Canadians: We are a lighthouse. Your call.

mugsy
09-04-2003, 07:00 PM
I absolutely LOVE that one. I have gotten that email numerous times and is one of my favorites. Why would anyone be offended!

slleipnir
09-04-2003, 07:01 PM
I have no idea lol..just thought they might because its canadians/americans hehe :)

Logan
09-04-2003, 07:04 PM
I've shared that one too, Audrey, with other friends. I think it is hilarious!!! :)

mugsy
09-04-2003, 07:10 PM
If that's the only reason they would be offended then they need to get a life! lol:D There is always some sense of satisfaction to put someone who is too full of their position in their place.

Cinder & Smoke
09-04-2003, 07:16 PM
Canadians: We are a lighthouse. Your call.

Whadda HOOT! :D

But then again...

Knowing *us* - we prolly DID do & say that! :rolleyes:

tatsxxx11
09-04-2003, 07:17 PM
THAT is funny!:D As they say, "Only in America!"
The good thing about us Americans is we CAN laugh at "ourselves." ( Even if the Navy can't!:))

slleipnir
09-04-2003, 07:49 PM
Heh :) I knew you most likely wouldn't have but I do know some ppl who would so I wasn't to make sure :) I didn't mean to sound rude in thinking some might (if I did) hehe glad you like it :D

Kfamr
09-04-2003, 08:45 PM
LOL.:D :D

boscibo
09-04-2003, 08:46 PM
Funny story, but not true.

http://www.snopes.com/military/lighthse.htm

;)

slleipnir
09-04-2003, 08:47 PM
Thats why I said it was just a joke :)

mugsy
09-04-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by boscibo
Funny story, but not true.

http://www.snopes.com/military/lighthse.htm

;)

However, I don't think I would put a lot of stock in the Navy discounting the story. I'm positive that they would regardless. And of course similar stories could be just that....similar. It may or may not be true, but it IS funny! I don't know that I believe a lot of stories AND the discounting of stories if they come off of the internet.

lizbud
09-04-2003, 09:29 PM
I don't care if it's true or not. It's very funny.....:D :D :D

and I'm not at all offended. If it did really happen, that's just
the way it would probably play out...:D :D

Cataholic
09-05-2003, 10:59 AM
Nice joke, neighbor to the north....nice joke....

slick
09-05-2003, 11:19 AM
LOL LOL:D :D :D
One of life's greatest lessons I've learned is to laugh at yourself, eh? As a Canucklehead I'm not the least bit offended by this, eh?