PDA

View Full Version : Posers

allanimalswelcome
09-04-2003, 04:13 PM
God I am SOOO sick of posers walking around my school.

-The kids who think they are skateboarders
-The kids who act all "Getto" and tawk like dis ya know?
-The kids who try to act all punk
-The kids who are combination of all three.

I am a frim believer in that anyone should where what they want but the posers...it makes me want to SCREAM!!!

DON'T WEAR A BEATLES T-SHIRT IF YOU CAN EVEN NAME ALL FOUR OF THEM!

DON'T CARRY A SKATEBOARD AROUND IF YOU CAN'T EVEN SKATEBOARD!

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT WEARING A GOOD CHARLOTTE TSHIRT IF THE ONLY SONGS YOU KNOW ARE THE ONES THAT ARE ON TV!!!!

My "Friend" Kaitlin tries to act all punk by dying her hair blue (it messed up and turned blonde) and wearing an "Independent" hoodie and she walks over to me and goes "Yo man" I was like WTF?

SO please don't be a poser! Where what you want whether it's male boxers with baggy jeans or a tube top and a mini skirt. But if you're not a skateboarder,punk, or getto please don't try to be one!

~Rachel

Kfamr
09-04-2003, 05:18 PM
I don't agree with most of your statements but I want to say...

PLEASE, If you're too cheap to buy black lipstick to "be cool" don't try using black eyeliner. It just doesn't work as lipstick nor does it look good on you.

Kfamr
09-04-2003, 05:19 PM
Oh Yes... and shopping at Hot Topic doesn't make you punk, Thank You.

allanimalswelcome
09-04-2003, 05:25 PM
LOL Kay! I agree! Do kids really where black eyeliner as lipstick:eek:

~Rachel

Kfamr
09-04-2003, 05:26 PM
This *MORON* that I cannot stand at all does. My friend even got at him today about it lmao. I've spoken about the kid before on here..

iceyshiver21
09-04-2003, 06:25 PM
I dont fit in a catogory :( :) :rolleyes: ;) :p :D :cool: I'm not punk, prep, goth, skater, raver, innocent, smart-people, cool, loser, jock, ect. Fine by me. I'm kaite. I make all my own clothes, or buy them and change them majorly. I've done it forever. Although some people consider me weird. I take that as a complement. We also have posers in our school...as sad as is is you really cant fake who you are and if you do it shows.

allanimalswelcome
09-04-2003, 06:31 PM
Wear what you want be who you want but DON'T POSE AS SOMEBODY YOUR NOT!

Meaning if your really prep don't pose as a second Avril Lavigne.

~Rachel

iceyshiver21
09-04-2003, 06:34 PM
I dont know who would want to pose as Avril Lavigne anyway....she is so mean to her fans...talented singer...but so mean...calling them all posers when some of them were dressing like that before her, and now they found sombody who dresses like them and sings so they like her...what a fan lover..:(

allanimalswelcome
09-04-2003, 06:40 PM
I like her music...dislike how she acts.

I do hate people who try to pull of the "tie" outfit.

~Rachel

iceyshiver21
09-04-2003, 06:43 PM
I really agree on the "tie" thing...if you can't pull it off dont wear it....seriously.

allanimalswelcome
09-04-2003, 06:49 PM
Yea and please don't where Greatful Dead or The Beatles T shirts if you have no idea who they are.

~Rachel

tikeyas_mom
09-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Ok I am editing this post because everyone is taking large offense to it, when I didnt mean to cause it. I was just naming the groups in my school, everyone calls the preps, preps (even the preps call themselves preps) Everyone is trying to fit in with their own group and have their own place in the lil croud, I think it is stupid, why not let ppl like you for who you are???? :confused:

every young girl thrives to be perfect, when noone is! and every guy trys to fit in when they dont. and Who fits in anywhere? Not me, not you, not anyone I know of... They all just try to make them selves feel wanted and or excepted. My phych teacher was talking about how ppl all have their own lil group to hang out with (example: goths hang out with goths, out with preps) You never see a goth haning out with a person from the christian group, NOWAY, that was ruin the placment of every student in our school.... NOT. ppl are just so conceded about being different that it makes everyone not talk to eachother, It is redicuals. I Know that you all thgink I conceded now, but I am totally the opposite... I wish you all knew what it was like at my school, I was just trying to explain it in simple forum, but you all took it badly as usual. Maybe I just should post on these topics anymore, but yet it seems to make more posters come around to argue with a statment that everyone took wronge. Whatever. Bye. pt has gotten so bad since this Jessica12345 thing was posted, so whatever, why bother. it is pointless. I'll be back when ppl start to think things through, and not just read the words but read THE WORDS!!!......

allanimalswelcome
09-04-2003, 06:56 PM
You really erm labled everyone there in a not-so-nice way...

Your loss...

~Rachel

RubyMutt
09-05-2003, 12:52 AM
Why stick a label on everyone? Why does it matter to you how other people look & dress? If you don't like it, ignor them. I used to buy the majority of my clothes at Hot Topic (stopped mainly because I could no longer afford it :p) and dyed my hair constantly. I listen to rock music... I still would have never considered myself to be a "goth" or "punk". People are people. I don't care how they dress... whatever they like is fine. How can you tell if a person is actually a "poser" if you don't spend the time getting to know them? High school is a difficult time, some people just try too hard to find their place and fit in. JMHO...

binka_nugget
09-05-2003, 09:28 AM
GOSHHHH This has been getting on my nerves too! I don't care as long as it's you and not someone else. Too many kids at school do this for attention. Don't carry a skateboard if you're not going to ride it. Don't try passing as a punk if all you can name is good charlotte and blink. I have one friend who I get along with wonderfully but ever since she found good charlotte, she's been trying to pass as punk. I definately know punk isn't her thing.

I guess I don't mind the dyed hair, hair styles and piercings and such. Just as long as they don't turn to someone else over night. I've dyed my hair to red, green and blue and I'm planning on a getting a few things pierced but I'm still gonna be me. I'm not gonna try to pass as a punk, goth, prep, slut, whatever...

allanimalswelcome
09-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Exactly binka. I don't mind if you're doing it because you like the style but if you're doing it for attention and to be "cool" and "popular"

I would like to peirce something someday but I'll still be Me, Rachel and I will wear my dorky shorts in weird colors with my Beatles T-Shirt. What i don't agree with is if I peirced my belly button just so I could look more "punk"

Hope that makes sense..

~Rachel

primabella
09-05-2003, 05:50 PM
TM, you label Christians? WTF? It's not as if we act or dress a certain way or anything. It's like saying everyone with curly hair should be labeled "Jewish". That statement REALLY upset me. :mad: All of those labels were really terrible. I really hope you weren't too serious when you posted that.

I agree that people who are trying to be who they really aren't should stop. It's ridiculous. I don't fit into any category really. Just wear what's comfortable and be myself. People don't like that, I have lost friends because of who I really am or what I wear. I'm glad I lost them because they were the ones who were spending thousands of dollars to buy the same top that could be found at Wal-Mart for 10$. :rolleyes:

allanimalswelcome
09-05-2003, 06:07 PM
That irked me off too Prima. I am not a religeous person at all and I do not like people who try to impose religion on me but if It's just a regular person who has a certain faith what's wrong with that?? They should be "avoided"?

~Rachel

Uabassoon
09-05-2003, 06:17 PM
I would like to peirce something someday but I'll still be Me, Rachel and I will wear my dorky shorts in weird colors with my Beatles T-Shirt. What i don't agree with is if I peirced my belly button just so I could look more "punk"

My question is how do you know that these "posers" aren't doing it for the same reason you are? Maybe somebody just wants to have blue hair and a mohawk but they don't consider themselves punk. You never know, and it's not fair to just see someone and label them or assume that because they dress this or that way they are a poser. Have you ever seen SLC punk? If you haven't I highly recommend it, the moral of the story is, that in the end everyone is a poser.

Uabassoon
09-05-2003, 06:22 PM
TM I also agree with what has been said about that statement. I'm a homosexual so does that mean I dress a certain way, or act a certain way, or that I only associate with other homosexuals?

And just because you feel you aren't any of those things why can't you still hang out with those people? I had a blast in high school, and I was the biggest band geek, I was in the science club and debate team. I wasn't anything cool or special but I was well liked because I didn't judge anyone, I was friends with everyone. I hung out with all those people you sterotype, the punks, goths, nerds, jocks. I didn't care what anyone was, I just wanted to meet lots of people and have a good time.

primabella
09-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Well said Uaba :)

The people I say are posers are actually posers. Unless they have developped a new sense of style and attitude over a month, I don't see how they could have changed from girly-girly to skater.

I am always willing to be friends with whoever wants to be my friend, no matter what their style. It's just that people tend to group themselves up as skaters or preps. Maybe it's just my school. Anyways, overall I agree with what you said. :)

allanimalswelcome
09-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Okay...

I suppose you can't say someone is a poser till you know them. I always say don't judge someone till you actually know them. Your right Ubassoon:) I guess when I wrote this post it was because of my "friend" Kaitlin who does a bunch of things to be "cool" and "popular." That's what I don't like.

TM please think carefully before you post it. I can't tell you how many times that I've blurted out something like "It's so annoying when kids share their AIM screename with their parents" only to find the person I'm talking to does:o Open your mind a little. Talk to the slutty preps even if they don't care. I used to hate school but now I love it because I've talked to everyone even the troubled kids who swear and beat each other up.

On a different note the moral of this post is

Be yourself and don't change the way you are to be considered cool!

~Rachel

Desert Arabian
09-05-2003, 06:46 PM
When I read Tikeya's Mom's post my jaw literally dropped.

How would you like to be in the category of moron blondes?

I bet you would not like that one bit.

I CANNOT STAND when people label others. Everyone is supposed to be different, imagine what this world would be like if everyone was exactly the same or near the same. Let people be who they want to be and not lump them all into a category based on hair color, clothing, friends, etc.

anerexic girls

Not all of them are truly anorexic. Some of them could have medical conditions or have an extremely high metabolism. A classmate of mine named Megan has an extremely high metabolism, so does my friend Laura. Laura eats like a hog, and you would never know it- some of the stuff she eats, if I were to eat it I would gain 20 pounds. And if they truly are anorexic the majority of them don’t choose to do it on their free-will. It is a serious medical condition.

teachers pets
What's wrong with being a teachers pet? Don't be jealous of other people just because they are liked more by the teacher. I seem to notice that a lot of "teachers pets" are extremely smart- when they are out making millions for coming up with the cure to the common cold and you are working for a dog poop scooping company you will see why they were so in tuned to their studies and had such a good relationship with their teacher.

I fit in nowhere
Is that because you fancy yourself perfect and are in your own little category of "little princesses"? (If you judge people like that and put them into groups I could understand why you would fit in nowhere.)

Sad just plain sad.

:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

Uabasson & Primabella- Amen sista! I am by your sides! :D

allanimalswelcome
09-05-2003, 06:53 PM
WHOO HOO YLL!!!!!

My friend Max is a "teachers pet" as you would call him and I swear he will be the next Bill Gates! He is so smart and that comes in handy because he always helps me on my homework and is really funny!

You might want to try being friends with a "Geek" too. I was raised by a "geek" (my dad) and I get along with them really well.

~Rachel

Kfamr
09-05-2003, 06:55 PM
I really don't know what people could call me.

Right off the bat people call me a "wigger" or consider me one. I find it really offensive because I don't really understand the word "wigger". Supposedly it's a white person, trying to be a black person. Now, How are you supposed to act a certain race?

No one said, a white person has to be this way, a chinese person that way, and a black person another way - or atleast no one should say that.

I wear pyramid spikes sometimes. some days I wear all black. Sometimes I wear bright colors. Basically I wear whatever I have to wear.

The thing I hate is how this Freshmen walk around and constantly say "OMG, DO YYYOOUU LYKE MUH SHOOOES?!?? I GOT THEM AT HOT TOPIC."
Ok, I could careless where you got them or even if you're wearing shoes, lol.

Ugh.. Just another thing about shoes and the moron Dean (eye-liner lipstick boy)

My friend Nicole got a pair of Phat Farm shoes. As Dean sees it, they are for black people. He comes up to her at lunch the other day gave her a dirty look and goes "What's up with the Phat farm shoes?" So I go "What, are they took black for you? Sorry Dean, not everyone's as racist and ignorant as you." He shut up and walked away.

I seriously think he's afraid of me. I know for sure, I could go off on him in a second. He couldn't even go against me verbally. However, I'm not sure about phsyically. I wouldn't tempt him to fight. Even if he was to hit me, it even proves my opinion on him more, he is a coward.

Anyways, enough off-topic things. :)

allanimalswelcome
09-05-2003, 06:56 PM
This thread reminds me of the song "Imagine" By John Lennon.

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

Kfamr
09-05-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by allanimalswelcome
This thread reminds me of the song "Imagine" By John Lennon.

Imagine there's no countries

And no religion too

No need for greed or hunger

I'd love that!:D

Kfamr
09-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
that in the end everyone is a poser.

That statement is so true.

I'm not singleing you out, Rachel but, You aren't the FIRST to wear shorts and a Beatles T-Shirt. Therefor, You are a poser too. As well as myself and basically anyone in this world, lol.

allanimalswelcome
09-05-2003, 07:17 PM
Yea I know...so sad...I'm a poser

:D

I agree with Ubasoon that everyone is a poser but I just dislike the people who dress a certain way or do something just so they can become cool.

So again the moral of this post

*Wear what ever the hell you want, live you life anyway you want, but be yourself!*

~Rachel

primabella
09-05-2003, 07:21 PM
I like that Lennon song. :) I don't think "religion" is necessarily important but faith is. Even if you don't have a faith you should never hate people because they have one. It's called respect.

Amen to that YLL :D A lot of girls in my classes are really skinny but I see them eating like crazy. My friend thought she was fat and gave up on eating. I noticed she was getting pale and bony, so every day I would ask her what she ate for lunch. If she told me she didn't eat a lunch I lectured her (You know that 'you're so stupid! how could you do this to yourself!' stuff). This year she is nice and thin again, meat on the bones and a nice colored complexion. She had a problem with herself, she got over it. It's a medical problem, not something to call others.

About the geeks, I swear this girl in my sisters' school found a cure to a small cancer. I got this from my sister and I'm 100% she wouldn't lie about anything like this--anyways bottom line is this girl is smart and using it to help others. One of my best friends is a teacher's pet and I admit it used to get me nervous how he always had a question to ask but in the end he will be the winner and I totally respect him for that.

Sorry this is going a bit off topic. In my school, everyone labels everyone. But still, the 'losers' are starting to hang out with the 'preps' and 'jocks' and the 'punks' are hanging out with the 'geeks'. When people get to know eachother it's beyond what they wear or how they look, it's their personality that really matters and who they really are.

God I feel like I'm giving some kind of sermon. Hehe I'm done. ;)

Edit: I admit I am a poser too. That statement is very true. It's just that if you go out of your way and be someone you are not...that's just wrong.

*Wear what ever the hell you want, live you life anyway you want, but be yourself!*

*Cheers* :D ;) :p

Uabassoon
09-05-2003, 07:22 PM
I just dislike the people who dress a certain way or do something just so they can become cool.

I just don't understand how someone can be bothered so much by what somewhat else is wearing. As long as their boobies or butt is hanging out for you to see WHO CARES!! If they want to be "cool" then let them look like idiots trying. If anything you can get a good laugh out of it. If they want to look stupid then let them, but why should it bother you? Maybe I was just too busy in high school, but I never cared about other peoples clothing long enough for it to bother me.

Kfamr
09-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Everyone is themselves. They want to be that way, so they act/dress that way!
If they do it "just to be cool" - so be it.
You or anyone else does not know why or who they are doing it for, unless you are somehow in their mind.

allanimalswelcome
09-05-2003, 07:25 PM
That was a kind thing to do for your friend Prima:)

Ubassoon your right...:)

~Rachel

primabella
09-05-2003, 07:33 PM
That was a kind thing to do for your friend Prima:)

Thank you Rachel. :)

allanimalswelcome
09-05-2003, 07:43 PM
I finally thought of the moral of this thread

*Wear what you want, live your life the way you want, Stay open to different types of people, and if you want to "pose" as someone go right ahead but with caution!*

I think that's right.

Thank you Ubasoon for posting on this thread. I look at "posers" a little differently now:)

~Rachel

Kfamr
09-05-2003, 07:45 PM
but with caution!*

~Rachel

It's sad anyone has to do so "with caution" these days.:rolleyes: :(

allanimalswelcome
09-05-2003, 07:51 PM
Yea well we wouldn't have to if everyone was open to different people.

~Rachel

Kfamr
09-05-2003, 07:53 PM
HUH? That doesn't make sense... Are you saying you're close-minded then?

Afterall, you're the one who made this thread about "Posers".

Cataholic
09-05-2003, 08:26 PM
I have read the posts.....and the only thing that comes to mind is "thank God I am not going through that anymore".

While 'growing old' might be a pain in some ways, I am so dern glad I don't give a flip what anyone wears, how they wear their hair, who they like/don't like. As long as someone is nice to me, respectful, considerate, I like them.

Although the people/kids that stare at Binx make me want to slap them upside their scrawny heads...

Desert Arabian
09-05-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Although the people/kids that stare at Binx make me want to slap them upside their scrawny heads...

In my case I would stare at him cause he is so dern cute! That's why I stared at him a lot at the dog park! :D :D :p

Kfamr
09-05-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
cause he is so dern cute!

Exactly! :D I loved petting him too. He's such a big boy!

Aspen and Misty
09-05-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
in my school their is, Geeks, Preps, Christians, Posers, Whores, Preppy sluts, Pukers, Goths, Homosexuals, Popualr girls, Popular preppy guys, Skaters, Players, Rappers, anerexic girls, Ravers, druggies, and teachers pets.

So I'm guessing you wouldn't give any of these peoples 2 seconds of your time because of course you are better then them.

I'm a Christian (and damn proud of it!), you may not wanna talk to me any more!

Ash

binka_nugget
09-05-2003, 11:43 PM
hmmm I guess I look at "posers" differently too now...

Offtopic: Nova looks a 'helluva' lot like nala! LOL Is she part horse too? LOL

iceyshiver21
09-05-2003, 11:46 PM
The reason most of us as people use labels is the fact that there has to be someway to rember things. Not all labels are bad. There's a fine line between using lables to identify people and using labels to tell you how a person, does, is, acts. Each person is different but all the same. Our brains no matter wether we want to or not uses labels. When a person says how they look online without seeing a picture our minds try to make a picture based on what we know...if I say I wear a halter top and short shorts...what comes to your mind? Isnt that too a label of some sort?

wolf_Q
09-06-2003, 12:12 AM
I dress how I want and I reallly don't care what anyone else thinks...course I dress pretty normal so I don't get many looks (except maybe for my ugliness).

One thing though...can somebody explain to me this new trend in like "fake" companies and stuff? It drives me nuts! Everyone has shirts that say crap like "Surf Sun Motel" or some messed up name of a company, place, team, etc. that we all know does not exist. Why I say, why?? :rolleyes:

Soledad
09-06-2003, 01:54 AM
I love hearing kids try to say that they are more "punk" or "goth"
than others because of some odd reason. The fact is, unless you were a teenager in the late seventies and early eighties and were hot on the trails of The Sex Pistols, you are, in fact, being a punk poser. It's been done for over twenty years, so get over yourself, it's far from original.

The same can be said for goth considering it started up in the early eighties. If you think following a trend that began at your birth is original, you need to start stretching your brain a bit.

Get into the music if you like. Wear the clothes that you think reflect this. Whatever. Just don't think you're more original than other kids because you did it six months before them.:rolleyes:

tikeyas_mom
09-06-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by primabella
TM, you label Christians? WTF?

OMG I didnt mean it that way... There is a BIG group of teens that hang out ONLY with ppl that go to their bible study, and they travell everywhere together, just like the punks ect...

They dont socialize with anyone els but eachother. We just call them the Christian group, I am Christian but I am not in their groupy thing. I grew up with a couple of the ppl in it though. I didnt mean it as a bad thing. please dont take it personally. u all were naming the groups in your schools so I named the groups in my school. UGH, dont get mad please. you took it the wronge way ...

I have grown up with alot of the ppl in my school and they all still take the bus with me and everything...
I am christian, UGHHHH!!!!!. forget it ...

primabella
09-06-2003, 08:24 AM
Okay as long as you didn't mean to sya it like, "Oh she's Christian" and make a face or something. It's still wrong to label someone according to their religion and beliefs. JMHO

I also look at labeling people differently now, that's what discussing is for. You are open to other opinions and you may learn something. It just gets me angry when people go out of their way to fit in with their friends' sense of style so they could be "part of them". It's stupid. Oh well.

iceyshiver21
09-06-2003, 08:54 AM
I got to thinking-

As we are touching breifly on the "religon" labels. Some people also consider "goth" a religon as well. Well I found this site, I dont know if it quite pertains, but it is interesting.

A study of gothic subcaluture (http://www.gothics.org/subculture/)

iceyshiver21
09-06-2003, 09:27 AM
Definition of a "prep"-
A person whose manner and dress are deemed typical of traditional preparatory schools.

Jock-
An athletic supporter.
Sports. An athlete, especially in college.
Slang. One characterized by excessive concern for machismo.

Raver-
An all-night dance party, especially one where techno, house, or other electronically synthesized music is played.

I recived this from a friend whos views where changed after reading this-
Our nourishment of choice is love. Our addiction of choice is technology. Our religion of choice is music. Our currency of choice is knowledge. Our politics of choice is none. Our society of choice is utopian though we know it will never be.

You may hate us. You may dismiss us. You may misunderstand us. You may be unaware of our existence.

We can only hope you do not care to judge us, because we would never judge you.

We are not criminals. We are not disillusioned. We are not drug addicts. We are not naïve children.

We are one massive, global, tribal village that transcends man-made law, physical geography, and time itself. We are The Massive. One Massive.

We were first drawn by the sound. From far away, the thunderous, muffled, echoing beat was comparable to a mother’s heart soothing a child in her womb of concrete, steel, and electrical wiring. We were drawn back into this womb, and there, in the heat, dampness, and darkness of it, we came to accept that we all equal. Not only to the darkness, and to ourselves, but to the very music slamming into us and passing through our souls: we are all equal.

And somewhere around 35Hz we could feel the hand of God at our backs, pushing us forward, pushing us to push ourselves to strengthen our minds, our bodies, and our spirits. Pushing us to turn to the person beside us to join hands and uplift them by sharing the uncontrollable joy we felt from creating this magical bubble that can, for one evening, protect us from the horrors, atrocities, and pollution of the outside world. It is in that very instant, with these initial realizations that each of us was truly born.

We continue to pack our bodies into clubs, or warehouses, or buildings you’ve abandoned and left for naught, and we bring life to them for one night. Strong, throbbing, vibrant life in its purest, most intense, most hedonistic form. In these makeshift spaces, we seek to shed ourselves of the burden of uncertainty for a future you have been unable to stabilize and secure for us. We seek to relinquish our inhibitions, and free ourselves from the shackles and restraints you’ve put on us for your own "peace of mind".

We seek to re-write the programming that you have tried to indoctrinate us with since the moment we were born. Programming that tells us to hate, that tells us to judge, that tells us to stuff ourselves into the nearest and most convenient pigeon hole possible. Programming that even tells us to climb ladders for you, jump through hoops, and run through mazes and on hamster wheels. Programming that tells us when to eat from the shiny silver spoon you are trying to feed us with, instead of nourish ourselves with our own capable hands. Programming that tells us to close our minds, instead of open them.

Until the sun rises to burn our eyes by revealing the distopian reality of a world you’ve created for us, we dance fiercely with our brothers and sisters in celebration of our life, of our culture, and of the values we believe in:

Peace, Love, Freedom, Tolerance, Unity, Harmony, Expression, Responsibility and Respect.

Our enemy of choice is ignorance. Our weapon of choice is information. Our crime of choice is breaking and challenging whatever laws you feel you need to put in place to stop us from celebrating our existence.

But know that while you may shut down any given party, on any given night, in any given city, in any given country or continent on this beautiful planet, you can never shut down the entire party. You don’t have access to that switch, no matter what you may think. The music will never stop. The heartbeat will never fade. The party will never end.

I am a raver, and this is my manifesto.

Geek-
A person regarded as foolish, inept, or clumsy.
A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits.

Thug-
A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.
also Thug One of a band of professional assassins formerly active in northern India who worshiped Kali and offered their victims to her.

Skater-
One who skates, as on ice.
One who skateboards

Player-
player

\Play"er\, n. 1. One who plays, or amuses himself; one without serious aims; an idler; a trifler. --Shak.

2. One who plays any game.

3. A dramatic actor. --Shak.

4. One who plays on an instrument of music. ``A cunning player on a harp.'' --1 Sam. xvi. 16.

5. A gamester; a gambler.

Aspen and Misty
09-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by binka_nugget

Offtopic: Nova looks a 'helluva' lot like nala! LOL Is she part horse too? LOL

Yes, Nova is infact part horse. Will she ever stop growin? She just keeps getting taller and taller!

Ash

Uabassoon
09-06-2003, 11:58 AM
Jock-
An athletic supporter.

LOL like a jock strap or a cup?!?!?

primabella
09-06-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
LOL like a jock strap or a cup?!?!?

:D :D :D :D

tikeyas_mom
09-06-2003, 12:54 PM
the players in my school go from girl to girl trying to get laied. it is sick. thats why everyon e calls them players, including themselves. they think it is cool. which it isnt. I just had to add that ..

binka_nugget
09-06-2003, 12:55 PM
LMAO! supporter eh?...ahhaha

iceyshiver21
09-06-2003, 01:10 PM
LMAO!!!! I think i laughed so hard i got rid of my hiccups!! lol! You people crack me up!

iceyshiver21
09-06-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
the players in my school go from girl to girl trying to get laied. it is sick. thats why everyon e calls them players, including themselves. they think it is cool. which it isnt. I just had to add that ..
I think it is dumb how a girl is called a whore for going and haveing sex, The guys are players, they are so cool.....not.

Kfamr
09-06-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
I think it is dumb how a girl is called a whore for going and haveing sex, The guys are players, they are so cool.....not.

Both of them are whores, in my opinion. :)

wolfsoul
09-06-2003, 03:19 PM
The clothes people wear don't bother me --- If they try and dress in a different style, why should it bother you? I can see the skateboard thing. There is no point in having a skateboard and carrying it around unless you are trying to leanr how to use it.

I wear "punk" or "studded" or "leather" bracelets, whatever you want to call them. Does this mean I'm a "punk?" Hell no! My favourite colour to wear is black. Does this mean I'm a "goth?" Nope. I like to wear tight clothes. Does this mean I'm a "prep?" NO. I'm myself! I hang out with my friends. They consist of a number of people that would be placed in certain "groups." :rolleyes: But they choose to be with me, and do not "pose" to be my friends. :rolleyes:

The definition of pose : "To represent oneself falsely; pretend to be other than what one is. "

And you can determine a liar from their clothes? Ok then....