PDA

View Full Version : The woman of my dreams!

RICHARD
09-04-2003, 01:22 PM
There I was, talking to the woman of my dreams...
We had stopped to have a chat in the lobby of a building-she smiled at me, I smiled back-love at first sight......

then the cat walks across my shins......

I was having the dream of a lifetime and Eddie has to wake me up by walking across my legs....
Now, he could walk around me or walk over me:rolleyes: but no......

I usually sleep with my legs sticking out from under the blankets......and that is an open invitation to have him step ON ME:confused:

That is his new behavior....and not with just one paw to figure out where he is going....he gets all four paws on both legs...:eek:

yesterday, as i was drifting off to sleep, I thought about what had happened the night before ....TWO SECONDS later I'm trampled again......

Cats!!!!

slick
09-04-2003, 02:10 PM
Something similar happened to me last weekend. I'm usually up at 6:30am each morning but on the weekend I cherish the fact that I don't have to get up until at least 8am. Wishful thinking. Over the past 6 mths or so I've taken to dreaming of my ex's (only have 3 of them!) and believe me they are not pleasant dreams.

Picture it: Sunday morning all snuggled in and I'm dreaming of this guy I use to date back in 1994 and in my dream we are walking hand in hand and the rest is right out of a romance novel

then suddenly.....

"burrrreow burrrreow" Max is screaming in my ear that it's 7am and he hasn't had his breakfast yet.

I wake up and realize with great relief that it was just a dream and as I give Max some extra cuddles for waking me up from my nightmare I think to myself "life is good".

Exs!!

Nomilynn
09-04-2003, 05:28 PM
Be thankful it was just walking.. it's really gross when the person you are dreaming about suddenly makes a horrible face and makes strange wretching sounds, only to become the kitty next to your bed throwing up a hairball!!! :eek: :eek:

(yes, this did happen to me, but it was a dog throwing up. Even still.. gross!!!)

RICHARD
09-04-2003, 05:47 PM
nomi,

at least you KNOW a cat will throw up hair...
only God knows what the dog is about to upchuck!!!!
:(

Barbara
09-05-2003, 04:39 AM
A lobby, chatting, smiling?????

Can't you have a little more -how should I put it- advanced *dreams of your life*? :p

On the other hand:
Last night, a nice tornado (as in Twisters) swept my car and me from the street.

Where was a kitty to wake me???????

jenluckenbach
09-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Charlie actually takes pride in TEACHING the cats to crawl up and sleep on top of his feet!:eek: Why doesn't he just use a hot water bottle if his feet are cold? :rolleyes: The cats won't sleep on my feet.........I KICK!!!!!!!!!:p

lbaker
09-05-2003, 07:44 AM
To sleep perchance to dream.... ah

With dogs & cats upon my bed
Some on my feet some on my head
Some think they're slippers
Some a hat
To dream of a man
Not a dog or a cat

Fat chance.

catmandu
09-05-2003, 09:45 AM
BoBo has found a spot on a shelf unit , over the Bed. the only thing that is wrong is when she cannon balls unto me , when she comes down. And at 13 pounds fro 3 feet , OUCH! She landed on BJ and started a Big Fight! MRRRRROOOOOEEEOOW!

ScantyNebula
09-05-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
BoBo has found a spot on a shelf unit , over the Bed. the only thing that is wrong is when she cannon balls unto me , when she comes down. And at 13 pounds fro 3 feet , OUCH! She landed on BJ and started a Big Fight! MRRRRROOOOOEEEOOW!

LOL .. that struck me as being so funny!! LOLOL! I can just see that happening!

RICHARD
09-05-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
A lobby, chatting, smiling?????

Can't you have a little more -how should I put it- advanced *dreams of your life*? :p

On the other hand:
Last night, a nice tornado (as in Twisters) swept my car and me from the street.

advanced???

barbara,
you are dealing with the lowest form of intelligence here!!!!:D

and here in CA we had TWO tornados/twisters....
I sure hope you didn't see the lady on the broom,
skywriting, SURRENDER FILOU AND TIGRIS!!!!

:eek:

catland
09-05-2003, 12:21 PM
At least your kitties just like to snuggle to wake you up (except for the up-chucker:eek: )

My Joxer - all 13 pounds of him, likes to sit in the window sill for some fresh air. Then he decides its time to join me - so he performs his Great Wallenda move and leaps from the window sill to the bed. Sometimes he lands on the bed - other times he lands on me.

I think he must be the source of my bruises that are just about the size of a kitty paw.
:p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
On the other hand:

I'm with you there Barbara. :D Seems I'm always dreaming "disaster" dreams. We're talking nuclear blasts, tornadoes, floods, car accidents, you name it. If it has disaster written on it, I dream about it. But it always seems that I survive or am sort of "on the outside looking in" where I see the disaster happening, but I'm not part of it. Weird, I know, but thankfully I don't dream that much. And the only way T & P are part of these dreams is when they are involved in the disaster - say...about to be run over by a car or something. :eek: :eek: This usually wakes me up immediately, only to find Tubby slumbering away by my feet and Peanut guarding the door as usual. They are so comforting at a time like that, just knowing they home safe and sound where they're supposed to be. :D

And any single women out there, I think Richard is trying to say that all you have to do is smile at him and he'll fall in love with you - at first site even. ;) :D ;) :p :D

slick
09-05-2003, 05:24 PM
[i]And any single women out there, I think Richard is trying to say that all you have to do is smile at him and he'll fall in love with you - at first site even. ;) :D ;) :p :D [/B]

:D :D :D :D :D

catland
11-19-2003, 11:06 AM
So last night, there in dream land, I was in a situation where there felt llike something in my left hip pocket. I emptied the pocket and out came this flapping carp. (maybe it was the ahi I had for dinner?). anyway, a little later in the dream I have the same sensation, of something wiggling around in my pocket and when I empty it, out comes another fish.

At that moment I woke up and felt my Joxer boy, sleeping next to me, his tail twitching at my side.

...I immediately thought of this PT thread.:D

RICHARD
11-19-2003, 12:11 PM
:eek:

LOL

That will teach you to sleep with your pockets full of fish...

;)

amoore
11-19-2003, 12:12 PM
Well .....I was going to comment , but i can't stop laughing ! LOL
Richard Your just too funny ! :D

CatDad
11-19-2003, 12:21 PM
Thanks for brining this thread back. LOL!!

It is amazing how much the kitties affect our dreams. Richard you have the best way of telling dream stories.:)

RICHARD
11-19-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by CatDad
Thanks for brining this thread back. LOL!!

It is amazing how much the kitties affect our dreams. Richard you have the best way of telling dream stories.:)

actually I am wrong...

Dream = pleasant experience

Nightmare = Edward trampling my arse while I sleep.

:rolleyes:

captain
11-19-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
To sleep perchance to dream.... ah

With dogs & cats upon my bed
Some on my feet some on my head
Some think they're slippers
Some a hat
To dream of a man
Not a dog or a cat

Fat chance.