PDA

View Full Version : Nfl

Pages : [1] 2 3

RICHARD
09-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Didn't they play the SuperBowl just last week???

Here we go again Football Fans!!!!

Remember,
this is the year YOUR team goes to the SB....

let the games begin!!!!:)

Logan
09-04-2003, 01:23 PM
We're ready, Richard!!! Even got to take in a Falcon's practice when they were here, in Greenville, at Furman University, for their preseason activities.

I voted that they are going to the Super Bowl...wishful thinking, I'm sure, but I WISH they would!!!! :)

RICHARD
09-04-2003, 01:35 PM
Logan,

you have to dream don't ya????

hopefully you can dust off the 'dirty bird' for some post season fun this year!!

what is a superbowl???

it's the last sunday in January.. you get a bunch of friends together, you drink alot, eat alot, yell and scream at the game for the World Championship of American Football......if your are smart you take Monday off work!;)

it's the game that no one understands- but everyone loves because people knock each other down!!

Kfamr
09-04-2003, 03:40 PM
Bucs are going again.....;)

RICHARD
09-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Bucs are going again.....;)

there is a new rule in the league...

The Franchise crowned as the World Champions are ineligible to repeat the following year.

;)

mugsy
09-04-2003, 05:40 PM
I voted that they are going to the Super Bowl, but, being that they have been in the league since1976 and the best they have done is the championship game against the Raiders, I'm not holding out a lot of hope. Oh, btw...my team.....the Seahawks.

Miss Meow
09-04-2003, 05:49 PM
How many teams are there?

My football team here wears navy blue and white, and they lose a lot. Is there a similar Superbowl team so I can follow them? ;)

mugsy
09-04-2003, 05:53 PM
That sounds like the Dallas Convicts.....ooops....I mean Dallas Cowboys!

RICHARD
09-04-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
I voted that they are going to the Super Bowl, but, being that they have been in the league since1976 and the best they have done is the championship game against the Raiders, I'm not holding out a lot of hope. Oh, btw...my team.....the Seahawks.

oh, poor mugsy...

i was at that game....Your team was always a thorn in our side!!!

MM,

Now are you talking about Aussie Football or that fangled football where no one touches the ball with their hands?????;)

Aussie Rules FB is one tough game......those guys don't wear pads!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/

here's the link to the league....browse around and pick a team you like...please let us know who you choose!!!!
Sshould you have any questions as to how the game is played, scored etc. please ask!!! it's confusing at first but more fun that a barrel of monkeys....

Miss Meow
09-04-2003, 06:00 PM
That sounds like the Dallas Convicts.....ooops....I mean Dallas Cowboys!

LOL!!! :)

I'm on the NFL web site. Too many teams to choose from! I'll have to be deeply analytical about this and pick the nicest outfits :rolleyes:

RICHARD
09-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
LOL!!! :)

I'm on the NFL web site. Too many teams to choose from! I'll have to be deeply analytical about this and pick the nicest outfits :rolleyes:

MM,
take your time and choose wisely!
a one out of 32 chance is the best odds we can give you!

By the time the Super Bowl in January comes around you should be able to host your own party and regale your friends with your knowledge about the game!

some Super Bowl Trivia for you!

Last year the Tampa Bay (florida) Bucaneers won the title. They beat the Oakland (california) Raiders...

the Bucs coach, Jon Gruden coached the Raiders the year before, left for Tampa Bay, took his new team to the championship game, leaving the Raider's owner looking kinda dumb!!

There are Mammals, Fish, Characters, Birds and even the Cleveland Browns to choose from.....altho I still am trying to figure out what a 'brown' actually is!!!

:eek:

Kfamr
09-04-2003, 06:20 PM
EW.. I just went to the NFL website... Jets and Redskins- not my pick! :o

Crikit
09-04-2003, 06:31 PM
Nah you guys got it all wrong, the Stampeders are gonna win it all. Oh wait that's a CFL team, and they're in last place. Never mind.

If I really have to choose though, I'd have to go with the 49'ers or the Cheifs because they have ex Stamps on them.

KYS
09-04-2003, 06:39 PM
It's good we have 2 T.V.'s.
I become a football widow every year.
First I loose him to college football than professional. :rolleyes:

Do you guys scream at the T.V. set too? :D

mugsy
09-04-2003, 06:40 PM
My friend's brother either still does or used to kick for the Roughriders.

RICHARD
09-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by KYS

Do you guys scream at the T.V. set too? :D

of course!

how else are the players gonna hear you when they go on the road?:rolleyes: every football fan knows that!

Mugs,
are you mad at me?????:p
Oh, the seahawk games were some of the rowdiest on the planet....
one year i sat a few rows above some Marines, one kept waving a Seattle can cooler in another guy's face......when the fight started they rolled about 7 rows down.....the Seattle fan won the fight;)

mugsy
09-04-2003, 07:04 PM
Now THERE'S a dubious honor!! lol Nah...not mad at you! Why?? It's just a game! hehehe Maybe one of these days we'll actually win one of them. I'm glad that we are a thorn in your side though....there is some satisfaction in that. :p :p

Miss Meow
09-04-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
EW.. I just went to the NFL website... Jets and Redskins- not my pick! :o

They all look like boofheads, don't they! (including Britney ...) :)

I might go for the Seahawk chappies. Blue and white, and my partner is a Seahawk helicopter mechanic so it's a good omen. But the most important criterion: are they losers???

What's a depth chart? Do they dig underground when the ball's up the other end of the ground or something??? :eek:

mugsy
09-04-2003, 07:05 PM
YEAH!!! Another Seahawks fan!! A depth chart is how many players they have that can play certain positions and of course part of that is how good they all are! lol

RICHARD
09-04-2003, 07:24 PM
YEAH!!! Another Seahawks fan!! A depth chart is how many players they have that can play certain positions and of course part of that is how good they all are! lol

since mugsy won't share the website;)

http://www.seahawks.com/

MM you'll find that American football fans are some of the craziest, loudest and most animated
people on the planet....i have been in a stadium with 100,000 people and you absolutely cannot help but get carried away with the atmosphere!!!

Welcome to the sport!!! have fun!!!!

britney is a boofhead!!!!!

is you seahawk pilot friend land or ship based??

Miss Meow
09-04-2003, 07:35 PM

Yay! Some of the games are televised here, so I'll have to bring on the beers and chips and take over the remote control ;)

So the depth chart is how boofy-headed they AREN'T? OK, got it :)

Richard, Shane is land-based these days. Not enough helicopters, too many trained technicians to overservice them. The base is near Sydney but he left the squadron so we could move back to Melbourne, so he's desk-based in a different job where there are no helicopters ... or boats ... or submarines ... bit dull, really!

mugsy
09-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Just be ready to be depressed when playoffs come around!:rolleyes: ;) :p

ParNone
09-04-2003, 08:55 PM
I'm just thrilled to have a team to root for again,
even if they don't have a prayer of going to the
Superbowl. And I love our logo too. :) Go Texans!

Par...

Kfamr
09-04-2003, 09:29 PM
My mom blows this fog horn we keep on our front porch when the Bucs get a touchdown.

I'm sure our neighbors are sick of us! :rolleyes: :p :D

Nomilynn
09-04-2003, 10:52 PM
I went with the "tight pants" option.. NIIICE :)

Logan
09-05-2003, 09:40 AM
I love college football too. People in this state and this part of the country are diehard college football fans. It's just too bad that we always have such pitiful teams these days!! We were so excited about the season opener last Saturday. Clemson opened at home against the University of Georgia. I even heard some sports commentators saying Clemson would win. WRONG!!! :o It was a miserable showing and we gave up at halftime and quit watching and went ate lunch instead! LOL!!!

I'm not a fair weather fan, and my hope is that one day Clemson will have a good team again, like they did when I was in college. It's been a long time sine 1981 when we won the National Championship. At least I was there to see it!!!! :D

catland
09-05-2003, 10:29 AM
GO GREEN-BAY!

Well, I don't have a home-town team to root for, and its an unwritten rule that those of us in Portland NEVER like anything that comes out of Seattle:p , so there goes the Seahawks. I leave the Vikings to my Mom who is from Minnesota, so I'll go with the Cheese-heads.:D

I like the fact that they are owned by the fans and the one year when they made the playoffs, a bunch of townspeople showed up to shovel snow out of the stadium. (They had to actually hire people for liability reasons, but I love that kind of home-town spirit). I also like the idea of outdoor stadiums - football is meant to be played in the cold and the rain and the mud and the snow.

RICHARD
09-05-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by catland
[COLOR=seagreen] I also like the idea of outdoor stadiums - football is meant to be played in the cold and the rain and the mud and the snow.

oh oh oh!!
thanks catland!!!

Miss Meow,

wait until NOV-DEC when the weather gets real crappy!!! THAT'S the best time to watch football!!!

RAIN MUD AND SNOW!!!

oh, and should you have the chance to see an Oakland Raider game make sure you look at they way the fans dress up!!!!

there is a story about a gent who would go to all
16 games during the season....he'd fly all across the country to follow the team.......

until they cops finally caught up with him....

he financed his trips by robbing banks!!!!

lololol!!

Great game last night and what do Britney and Snoop dog have to do with football???

mugsy
09-05-2003, 03:51 PM
Yes, it was a good game. Why does the NFL waste its time on losers like Britney and Snoop? I stopped watching when they were on!

Andie
09-06-2003, 12:10 PM
Dad is from Kansas City (Cheifs) and Mom is from St. Louis (Rams) so I'm not allowed to have a choice in football teams. So I try to ignore football and take cover when "our" two teams play each other. ;) :p

Cincy'sMom
09-06-2003, 12:52 PM
I'm sorry Richard, I can't vote in your poll :(

My team is not going to the SB this year. As much as I love the Bengals, I just can't live that far in the fantasy world...maybe in a few years ;)

My husband enjoys watching football, but it doesn't keep him home in Sundays...hionestly, I am more likely to stay home froa game then him :)

I'm much more interested in the game then the attire...there are a few guys that good good, but come one, someo f those linemen...yikes!!!

No question, I know that the SB is :)

I guess the closest answer would be about Monday...though I would have to say I'm late the next day, cause I stayed up too late atching the game :)

Football season does make things interesting arounf here...Ralph is an Ohio State fan, I'm for Michigan. Ralph like the Browns and well....

Go Bengals!!!!

At least we booth root for the Bearcats (U of Cincinnati) ...too bad they aren't sucah footabll school. Oh well!

mugsy
09-06-2003, 01:06 PM
Andie,

Tell your dad that my dad, when he was in 8th grade in Gary, IN and Hank Stram was in 4th grade, my dad and his friend put together 2 playground football teams and Dad and his friend coached. Dad told his buddy that he could have ANYBODY for his team as long as Dad could have Hank on his team. Friend thought that was an excellent idea, so let Dad have Hank and Dad won every game! lol.

Amy,

Well, Mike likes Green Bay and the Bears and I like the Bears and the Seahawks, so there is some antimosity here too. He also doesn't like the Fightin' Irish and I'm a diehard fan....makes for interesting Saturday and Sunday afternoons!

Cincy'sMom
09-06-2003, 08:51 PM
Your Irish pulled it out today, Mugsy...close call though ;)

And how 'bout those Falcons (Bowling Green) over Purdue!!! Gotta love it when the little school knocks off the Big 10!!!

babolaypo65
09-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Okay. You're gonna hate me but....

football? yuck.

There I said it. Football ruins an otherwise good primetime line up.

(In case you are wondering, I was raised by a rabid cowboys fan, during the Roger Staubach/Tom Landry era.... I just think it's dreadfully dull!).

hate me? :cool:

Cincy'sMom
09-06-2003, 09:38 PM
Don't hate you, but how does football ruin the primetime line up? There are only two primetame games, Sunday night and Monday.

babolaypo65
09-06-2003, 09:56 PM
okay, okay, so maybe it doesn't "ruin" primetime. :) But I still think it's as dull as a meeting with my CPA. :D

Cincy'sMom
09-06-2003, 10:02 PM
and eveyone is allowed their opinion ( even if it is wrong) :D

babolaypo65
09-06-2003, 10:10 PM
:eek: :D

Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
and eveyone is allowed their opinion ( even if it is wrong) :D

Cincy'sMom
09-07-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
:eek: :D

:D :p

mugsy
09-07-2003, 08:02 AM
Yes, my Irish did pull it out, but, they sure didn't deserve to win. Wow! Did they look bad or what?

See, now there is a difference of opinion. For me, Monday night and Sunday night (and an occasional Thursday night) are only worth watching during football season! :D ;)

ParNone
09-07-2003, 03:26 PM
WooHoo!!! Texans kick a field goal with 25 seconds left in
the game to win 21-20 over Miami... What a game!!!

Tennis up next. Come on Roddick!!!

Par...

mugsy
09-07-2003, 06:52 PM
OMG!!! Seahawks Win!!! GO HAWKS!! OMG!!! Seahawks Win!!! GO HAWKS!!

RICHARD
09-07-2003, 06:56 PM
why do i suspect this is going to be a real rowdy thread????

first of all-congrats to the winners so far.....Texas and Seattle way to go!!!!:)

sorry Babo.....

CPA over football?!?!?!?!?!........

how often does a CPA 'score' anyway????? lolololololol..

15 more weeks.....

p.s. If you DON'T have any faith at the beginning your team will never overachieve......GO BENGALS!!!!!

mugsy
09-07-2003, 07:50 PM
What are you doing online when the Raiders are playing now??? lol

Miss Meow
09-07-2003, 08:03 PM
OMG!!! Seahawks Win!!! GO HAWKS!! OMG!!! Seahawks Win!!! GO HAWKS!!

Waaa-hooooo!!!!

This winning stuff is pretty good (my Aussie Rules team finished second last this year so I'm used to losing ...)

RICHARD
09-08-2003, 11:19 AM
Waaa-hooooo!!!!

This winning stuff is pretty good (my Aussie Rules team finished second last this year so I'm used to losing ...)

see, it just takes one game!

did you see that?

Mugs turned blue!!! that's how bad she wanted to win!!!

my team finished second last year, too!

or as they say.......Second place is the First loser!!!

Par???
from football to tennis!!!
look at you!!!!:)

my vote for HUGE lineman is.....

Frank Middleton of the Raiders.....

he looks like he has a middle ton! where does HE buy his clothes???

six foot four, 330 lbs!!!!

babolaypo65
09-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Boy only RICHARD could find "an angle" on my comparison between football and my CPA. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by RICHARD
why do i suspect this is going to be a real rowdy thread????

first of all-congrats to the winners so far.....Texas and Seattle way to go!!!!:)

sorry Babo.....

CPA over football?!?!?!?!?!........

how often does a CPA 'score' anyway????? lolololololol..

15 more weeks.....

p.s. If you DON'T have any faith at the beginning your team will never overachieve......GO BENGALS!!!!!

RICHARD
09-09-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
Boy only RICHARD could find "an angle" on my comparison between football and my CPA. :D :D :D :D :D :D

i know he likes football!

he just won't tell you ;)

Yep, growing up in a 'cowboy' household would make football a burden later on!

Hey Mugs....

it's a professional football thread!

we don't support colleges like Norte Dame-
a bunch of cheaters-can't they play without GOD'S
help?:D

catland
09-09-2003, 11:52 AM
the Cheeseheads lost to the Vikings. I should have listened to my mother.:eek:

So I'm 0-1 - its going to be a long season.

lbaker
09-09-2003, 12:06 PM
Richard, did you notice the Dallas Convicts have a new defensive coach this year? Johnny Cochran.
hahahahahahaha Remember why Michael Irvin could never join the team in the huddle? He couldn't fraternize with other felons! snicker snicker

catland
09-09-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Richard, did you notice the Dallas Convicts have a new defensive coach this year? Johnny Cochran.
hahahahahahaha Remember why Michael Irvin could never join the team in the huddle? He couldn't fraternize with other felons! snicker snicker

Hey - don't talk about my Trailblazers that way!

oops - wrong sport.

joke - two trailblazers are in a car - who's driving?

The cop.

RICHARD
09-09-2003, 02:31 PM
Hey - don't talk about my Trailblazers that way!

oops - wrong sport.

joke - two trailblazers are in a car - who's driving?

The cop.

LOL,
i heard the team name is now the 'Jailblazers'?:eek: :rolleyes:

smack me when b-ball season starts???:)

Dakota's Mommy
09-09-2003, 02:39 PM
Well, as Amy said, we're a family into football and lots of sports! Dad raised all of us kids to enjoy it. I used to be with her on the Bengals thing too, but I've switched, I'm now with Ralph and my husband and the BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!! But, I'm still with her on the Michigan thing but, as long as Ohio State isn't playing Michigan, I'll root for Ohio State too!

catland
09-09-2003, 05:05 PM
smack me when b-ball season starts???:)

Gladly;)

Cincy'sMom
09-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Dakota's Mommy
I used to be with her on the Bengals thing too, but I've switched, I'm now with Ralph and my husband and the BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traitor!!!

Dakota's Mommy
09-10-2003, 09:23 AM
Traitor!!!

I knew you'd say that!

mugsy
09-10-2003, 09:14 PM
Uh oh, a sisterly argument!! lol ;) Sorry Amy, I think I'd have to choose the Browns too if those were my only 2 choices! hehehe

Cincy'sMom
09-11-2003, 06:19 AM
Uh oh, a sisterly argument!! lol ;) Sorry Amy, I think I'd have to choose the Browns too if those were my only 2 choices! hehehe

Liking the Brown's is fine...swapping teams cause that's who your husband likes...that's a traitor :D

Dakota's Mommy
09-11-2003, 09:54 AM
No, no no, I didn't trade because of him. When you switched to the Jets because of Boomer, I didn't watch much football, then I switched to the Cowboys, and now I've gone to and stayed with the Browns because that's what Brian and his family got me to watch on TV. So, I may have started watching them because I met Brian, but that's not why I'm a fan of the Browns!

Cincy'sMom
09-11-2003, 04:11 PM
I never stopped liking the Bengals, I just also like the Jets :)

mugsy
09-11-2003, 05:13 PM
The JETS????? lol

I like the Bears because that's usually what's on. I have never gotten into the Colts.

Cincy'sMom
09-11-2003, 07:12 PM
The JETS????? lol

I'd root for anybody with Boomer as the quarterback ;)

mugsy
09-12-2003, 06:08 AM
He RETIRED! We are OLD Amy! lol

Cincy'sMom
09-12-2003, 06:27 AM
It was a sad day when he retired :( Course I trhink the Bengals could bring him back now and he'd be better for them then what they've had the past few years....

But now he's on pregame everyweek :)

mugsy
09-12-2003, 07:34 AM
So now you get to see him in a suit rather than a uniform with a helmet on! ;) :D

lbaker
09-12-2003, 08:01 AM
I'd rather see him in those tight uniform pants, frankly speaking :o

RICHARD
09-12-2003, 11:32 AM
LB,

who does Frankly Speaking play for??? And what's so special about him in uniform pants???
--------------------------------------------------------

Buffalo at Jacksonville, 1:00 pm
Cleveland at Baltimore, 1:00 pm
Detroit at Green Bay, 1:00 pm
Houston at New Orleans, 1:00 pm
Miami at N.Y. Jets, 1:00 pm
Pittsburgh at Kansas City, 1:00 pm
San Francisco at St. Louis, 1:00 pm
Tennessee at Indianapolis, 1:00 pm
Washington at Atlanta, 1:00 pm
Carolina at Tampa Bay, 4:05 pm
Seattle at Arizona, 4:05 pm
Cincinnati at Oakland, 4:15 pm
Denver at San Diego, 4:15 pm
New England at Philadelphia, 4:15 pm
Chicago at Minnesota, 8:30 pm
-------------------------------------------
Monday, Sep. 15
Dallas at N.Y. Giants, 9:00 pm

looks like a 2-0 Seattle team this weekend!!!

and an Oakland win......

catland
09-12-2003, 12:18 PM
Go GREEN BAY:D try not to lose:)

But its ok if you do, I'm from Portland, I'm used to dissapointment.

RICHARD
09-12-2003, 01:41 PM
Go GREEN BAY:D try not to lose:)

But its ok if you do, I'm from Portland, I'm used to dissapointment.

I guess you have a right to be disappointed......

I've tried to root for the 'Portland Cement' before.
;)

lbaker
09-12-2003, 01:53 PM
Let's see Richard, if I remember correctly Frankly played tight end for the Tailblazers :rolleyes:

catland
09-12-2003, 02:01 PM
Let's see Richard, if I remember correctly Frankly played tight end for the Tailblazers :rolleyes:

Surely you jest....;)

lbaker
09-12-2003, 02:09 PM
AND DON'T CALL ME SHIRLEY ;) :p ;)

catland
09-12-2003, 02:38 PM
AND DON'T CALL ME SHIRLEY ;) :p ;)

hee-hee - you didn't let me down.:D

Cincy'sMom
09-12-2003, 03:38 PM
I'd rather see him in those tight uniform pants, frankly speaking :o

:D :D

RICHARD
09-12-2003, 06:39 PM
what am I going to do with all of you!!!!:)

Good luck to all the fans, their teams and that team that
has GOD on their side......they know who they are (musgy)...

:D :D :D

mugsy
09-12-2003, 06:52 PM
Well, if Richard is wishing our Seahawks luck, they are sure to win on Sunday. Now, you understand that Amy and I will be on the opposite side tomorrow. Although, I do think that she will be gloating after the game.

RICHARD
09-12-2003, 06:59 PM
Well, if Richard is wishing our Seahawks luck, they are sure to win on Sunday. Now, you understand that Amy and I will be on the opposite side tomorrow. Although, I do think that she will be gloating after the game.

that's why i let the teams on the field do the talking!!!

momma didn't raise no fool!!!:eek:

mugsy
09-12-2003, 07:13 PM
Hmmmm....I think I'll leave that one well enough alone! lol

Cincy'sMom
09-13-2003, 03:50 PM
Just in case you are missing it, Molly,

Michgan : 17

Notre Dame : 0

GO BLUE!!!

:D :D

mugsy
09-13-2003, 04:38 PM
Nothing I didn't expect!! lol ;) :p

Cincy'sMom
09-13-2003, 05:19 PM
I would have expcted ND to put SOME points on the board....

Maybe inthe last 11 mintues, they will :)

Cincy'sMom
09-13-2003, 05:49 PM

Maybe inthe last 11 mintues, they will :)

And then again, maybe not :(

dukedogsmom
09-13-2003, 06:46 PM
Sorry everyone, but I can't stand football. I prefer the sports like snowboarding, skatboarding, etc.

mugsy
09-13-2003, 06:53 PM
I'm sorry for your loss! lol j/k I don't mind skateboarding, it's pretty fun watching what they can do on those boards.

smokey the elder
09-14-2003, 08:22 AM
I'm a Green Bay Packers fan, since 1987 when I lived in Wisconsin for a couple of years.

I hope Brett shows up today!!:mad:

Do you know they re-signed Antonio Freeman?:)

mugsy
09-14-2003, 06:40 PM
Seahawks Win!!! Seahawks Win!!! Here are the scores from around the league minus the Bears v. Vikings and Monday night

Carolina 9 OT
Tampa Bay 9
Game Stats

New England 31 4th
Philadelphia 10
Game Stats

San Francisco 24 Final OT
St. Louis 27
Game Stats
Photos · Recap

Miami 21 Final
NY Jets 10
Game Stats
Photos · Recap

Houston 10 Final
New Orleans 31
Game Stats
Photos · Recap

Pittsburgh 20 Final
Kansas City 41
Game Stats
Photos · Recap

Buffalo 38 Final
Jacksonville 17
Game Stats
Photos · Recap

Tennessee 7 Final
Indianapolis 33
Game Stats
Photos · Recap

Detroit 6 Final
Green Bay 31
Game Stats
Photos · Recap

Cleveland 13 Final
Baltimore 33
Game Stats
Photos · Recap

Washington 33 Final
Atlanta 31
Game Stats
Photos · Recap

Seattle 38 Final
Arizona 0
Game Stats
Photos · Recap

Denver 37 Final
San Diego 13
Game Stats
Photos · Recap

Cincinnati 20 Final
Oakland 23
Game Stats
Photos

Chicago 0 8:30 pm
Minnesota 0

Preview

catland
09-15-2003, 10:45 AM
Green Bay won! We're 1-1 for the season.

ah - the sweet taste of victory.:D

mugsy
09-15-2003, 10:50 AM
Yes they did and looked pretty good doing it. We watched most of the game.

RICHARD
09-15-2003, 11:14 AM
seahawks win????

peh!

i told you that on friday.

you could have done something else instead of wasting three
hours on a game where YOU WERE TOLD your team would win;)

why is Sebastian Janikowski a football player??

Andie
09-15-2003, 12:34 PM

San Francisco 24 Final OT
St. Louis 27

Pittsburgh 20 Final
Kansas City 41

Once again all is quiet in the house. Til Dad gets to feelin frisky and "tries" to point out that KC is better then the arguement begins again.

(Til Andie points out that she never remembers KC winning a superbowl in her lifetime to which Dad will go off and sulk) ;) I'm getting good at stopping that arguement.

Cincy'sMom
09-15-2003, 03:48 PM
There were some good games yeterday. Even thougn Cincinnati didn't win, I have to say, that was the best they have looked in a llloooooooonnnnnggggg time!

Hoping for a low score tonight...I'm tied for 1st in football pool, and if the total score is under 30 or under, I win ( the person tied picked 31 points)

Go big D!!!

RICHARD
09-15-2003, 04:04 PM
There were some good games yeterday. Even thougn Cincinnati didn't win, I have to say, that was the best they have looked in a llloooooooonnnnnggggg time!

Hoping for a low score tonight...I'm tied for 1st in football pool, and if the total score is under 30 or under, I win ( the person tied picked 31 points)

Go big D!!!

my mom likes 'the kitties'..

"The WHO????"

"The kitties-they have the stripes on the helmets.."

"oh, O.K.......":confused:
-----------------
Yes, it was a great game.......sometimes a close loss is just as good as a win!

is there a lifeguard in your football pool???:rolleyes: ;)

RICHARD
09-16-2003, 11:24 AM

Go big D!!!

good game last night!!

Tuna for New York!:D

mugsy
09-16-2003, 11:28 AM
So much for "D!" lol 35-32 Convicts....ooops....I mean Cowboys! Sorry Amy. I still hope you win. I didn't see much of the game because of my migraine...dang those things suck! I went to bed at 9 and still have the stupid thing this morning, even after a vicodin! I have to say I was disappointed that Dallas won, but, such is life. At least my Seahawks won.

lbaker
09-16-2003, 11:36 AM
There's a common saying around these parts "I root for two teams, the Washington Redskins and any team that's playing Dallas" ;)

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 01:37 PM
week three!

already????

I want the Seahawks to beat the Rams, please?

and another win for Oakland on Monday night!

A question???

What do you fans on the East Coast do when a game goes to 1 o'clock in the morning???? I was thinking about that the other day!

Cincy'sMom
09-18-2003, 03:59 PM

I want the Seahawks to beat the Rams, please?

Me too!!! I picked 'em!!!

mugsy
09-18-2003, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the support guys!! I'll convert you yet! hehehe Richard, to answer your question, I go to bed!!! lol I usually stay up until halftime on Monday night.

RICHARD
09-18-2003, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the support guys!! I'll convert you yet! hehehe Richard, to answer your question, I go to bed!!! lol I usually stay up until halftime on Monday night.

lol,
i fall asleep when i see lisa guerrero.....she did the sports on the Fox Sports West channel......

talk about over-rated!!!

RICHARD
09-19-2003, 05:39 PM
GOOD LUCK to everyone this weekend!!!!

we want Hail Mary's, great catches, good tackles,
huge scores and a 99 yard run........:D

Cincy'sMom
09-19-2003, 08:14 PM
Go BGSU!! You beat Purdue, you can beat OSU too!!!

mugsy
09-19-2003, 08:48 PM
I don't know how much football will get watched this weekend. We have a Cobb Care meeting tomorrow and there are 2 festivals to get to this weekend. Actually, a little superstitious, but ND and the Seahawks do better if I don't know until the game is over!! lol

smokey the elder
09-20-2003, 08:27 AM
I was in Minneapolis for a meeting 4 years ago, and they had both Packers and Vikings T-shirts in the hotel gift shops. I guess the "border towns" have "border wars!"

mugsy
09-21-2003, 06:20 PM
OMG!! The Seahawks are 3-0! Amazing! Richard.....you are doing something right! lol GO HAWKS!

Cincy'sMom
09-21-2003, 06:46 PM
I didn't think they were going to make it this week Molly, but somehow your 'hawks pulled it out :)

mugsy
09-21-2003, 06:59 PM
We weren't able to watch any games this week because we were too busy at the Johnny Appleseed Festival!! But, I am going to watch tonight until I fall asleep! lol And see what I mean! If I don't watch, they win!! lol

RICHARD
09-21-2003, 07:35 PM
mugs,,,,,,,,,

SHUT UP!!!!

no local coverage but i listened on the radio

lololololololololo

come on people..........support your teams or I'm gonna delete the thread!!!!!:eek:

mugsy
09-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Well, I just discovered that on www.nfl.com you can listen to the game! HMMMMMM.......I feel the Hawks game in 2 weeks (they have a bye next week0.

Miss Meow
09-21-2003, 07:48 PM
mugs,,,,,,,,,

SHUT UP!!!!

no local coverage but i listened on the radio

lololololololololo

come on people..........support your teams or I'm gonna delete the thread!!!!!:eek:

Sheesh, give a guy double pillarhood and it goes to his head!!! ;)

:) GO SEAHAWKS! :)

mugsy
09-21-2003, 08:01 PM
I should email the Seahawks and tell them they have at least one fan in Australia!!

catland
09-22-2003, 10:18 AM
Green Bay lost:( :( We're now 1-2.

Oh the misery, the humiliation, there is no joy in Mudville.

:(

(Richard - be careful when you threaten to delete posts - if I delete all the "Thursday" threads that I started, your count would be back down to 247:p )

RICHARD
09-22-2003, 11:18 AM

(Richard - be careful when you threaten to delete posts - if I delete all the "Thursday" threads that I started, your count would be back down to 247:p )

what the heck is going on???

san fran loses too! (hehe)

my delete key broke anyway.

lbaker
09-22-2003, 11:26 AM
My poor Skins lost too. 2-1 for the year so that ain't TOO shabby. From what I hear they pretty much beat themselves. Couldn't watch though, hurricane Is-a-bitch knocked my electric out 5 pm Thursday night and as of this morning it's still not on :( I posted more about damage in the General Section. Tried to go to the library on Saturday to let you guys know I was OK but library electric was out too :eek:

RobiLee
09-22-2003, 11:46 AM
Minnesota Vikings all the way!!! GO VIKES!! The Vikings are 3-0! Woo Hoo!!!!

Also, Ohio State Buckeyes!! GO BUCKS!!

I have to say I also enjoy the tight pants..hehehe

Robin :)

Dakota's Mommy
09-22-2003, 12:12 PM
san fran loses too! (hehe)

Yep, to the good ole Browns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RICHARD
09-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Laurie,
glad to hear you are o.k.!!!

I can promise EVERBODY'S team at least one win
this season.....after that you are on your own!!!!

Who's next???;)

mugsy
09-22-2003, 12:53 PM

Gee go out on a limb why don't you?? hehehe:p

RICHARD
09-22-2003, 02:58 PM
Gee go out on a limb why don't you?? hehehe:p

what are friends for???

lol...

mugsy
09-22-2003, 03:01 PM
You are too funny!! Are you watching tonight's game?

Cincy'sMom
09-22-2003, 04:05 PM

Everybody's? Even for the Bengals?!?

Well...they may beat Cleveland ;)

RICHARD
09-22-2003, 04:12 PM
Everybody's? Even for the Bengals?!?

Well...they may beat Cleveland ;)

I got the Seahawks to 3-0.....:eek:

I guarantee you a win.

when? that's my problem....i'm not good at dates!

:confused: :rolleyes: ;) :D

mugsy
09-22-2003, 04:21 PM
Yes you did...and they will stay that way for at least another week....they have a bye next week! lol

RICHARD
09-22-2003, 04:38 PM
Yes you did...and they will stay that way for at least another week....they have a bye next week! lol

Oh yeah, I sure had a lot to do with that;) ...

Let's get Cincy's Mom on track and then we'll
talk.....o.k.?

Of course I will be watching the game!!!!

And again i pose the question burning in the back of my mind.......

Why is Sebastian Janikowski playing football?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1620959&partnersite=espn

mugsy
09-22-2003, 06:40 PM
AAACCCKKK!!!! That drives me nuts! Just because he's an athlete he gets off with a slap on the wrist. He definitely sounds like an incredible jerk. Just another convict Seminole. They have a lot of those there. But, like every other sport, he will play because he's good....not a good person....just a good player and that's all that counts. Sorry, that brings up my ire.

RICHARD
09-22-2003, 07:22 PM

lolololol....I just noticed you pillar description.....would that reduce me to 'Doric Pillarhood'????

go bret!

slick
09-22-2003, 07:32 PM
I'm not a sports fan and years ago when worked for an ad agency we used to get free BC Lions tickets so me and my %^$ BF would take the skytrain downtown to BC Place, drink beer and yell "Go Team" until it was time to stagger home on skytrain with beer and mustard stains-not from Richard...) with the rest of the drunks. I think I was just starting to get the jist of football when I left the company and there go the free tickets. Never been to a CFL game since. And as for scrimage, isn't there medication that??? :D

But hey, for what it's worth - GO TEAM....:D

mugsy
09-23-2003, 07:40 AM
I'm sorry Richard. Your Raiders looked rather sickly last night. They certainly didn't play like Raiders. I truly was shocked. :(

catland
09-23-2003, 10:28 AM
lolololol....I just noticed you pillar description.....would that reduce me to 'Doric Pillarhood'????

go bret!

not much slips past you. When you get to 3000, we'll promote you to Corrinthian.;)

RICHARD
09-23-2003, 11:16 AM
that was the kind of arse whooping where you

cut your own switch,
bring it to your dad,
pull down your own pants and
ask for one 'extra' swat....

yikes.

I like slick's approach...

mugs,
see above..

Catland,
corrinthian??? I'm there.

Cincy'sMom
09-23-2003, 03:48 PM
that was the kind of arse whooping where you

cut your own switch,
bring it to your dad,
pull down your own pants and
ask for one 'extra' swat....

"Thank you sir, May I have another"

You almost get beat by the Bengals, and it is all down hill from there. Don't expect great things from Pittsburgh next week :)

RICHARD
09-23-2003, 05:57 PM
"Thank you sir, May I have another"

You almost get beat by the Bengals, and it is all down hill from there. Don't expect great things from Pittsburgh next week :)

LOL....

Let's wait and see?

My mom just called me a few minutes ago to tell me that Al Davis (owner of the Raiders) left a message with her to apologize for the team's ineptitiude last night.............

rolleyes:

Oh, she is a Broncos fan.....:mad:

RICHARD
09-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Just another convict Seminole. They have a lot of those there. But, like every other sport, he will play because he's good....not a good person....just a good player and that's all that counts. Sorry, that brings up my ire.

This will send you to IRE LAND.....

Florida State QB Rix fined for parking in handicapped zone
By Bill Vilona, Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida State quarterback Chris Rix continues learning lessons the hard way.
Two days after one of his best career performances, Rix was thrust into the national limelight again, this time in a dubious manner, after it was learned he received a $100 ticket last Thursday for illegally parking in a handicap spot on campus.

Rix used a valid handicap placard, but it was only to be used when transporting an elderly woman he is assisting in town.

His apparent haste to gain a parking spot on the crowded campus caused the violation.

Two students saw Rix emerge from his car, yelled for him to move it, but he ignored them. When he didn't respond, they called campus police, who then immobilized his car. Rix was alone when parking his sports utility vehicle.

"I definitely made a mistake in trying not to be late for class," said Rix, following the Seminoles' practice Monday night. "I parked somewhere I shouldn't have."

"I help her (elderly woman) out sporadically, driving her to get medicine at the hospital, and that's what I did Thursday. Following that, I went to try and get to class on time."

-------------------------

He was caught AGAIN a few days ago..........

Apparently it's not hard to miss his SUV (i went to college and NEVER could afford an SUV!!)it has his jersey number painted on the side!!!!!

MORON!!!

mugsy
09-24-2003, 11:51 AM
OMG! How lazy is that? What a moron!

catland
09-24-2003, 11:52 AM

Florida State QB Rix fined for parking in handicapped zone
By Bill Vilona, Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal

Check out www.badjocks.com

:D :eek: :cool: :rolleyes:

RICHARD
09-24-2003, 12:17 PM
Check out www.badjocks.com

:D :eek: :cool: :rolleyes:

and to think, I'M a sports fan :eek:

but I did find the sleeping football fan story funny.....

catland
09-24-2003, 12:39 PM
did you see the fundraising page for Rix?

RICHARD
09-24-2003, 02:02 PM
did you see the fundraising page for Rix?

rotfl,

will he take S&H green stamps???

again, MORON!!!

mugsy
09-25-2003, 11:15 AM

will he take S&H green stamps???

That works since they are now worthless. Worthless for worthless!!:p

RICHARD
09-26-2003, 11:12 AM
a quarter of the way thru, already??

good monday night game, Seattle stays 3-0 for another seek and what else????

mugsy
09-26-2003, 07:48 PM

Seattle stays 3-0 for another seek and what else????

And what else is there??? :p ;)

RICHARD
09-27-2003, 01:05 PM
And what else is there??? :p ;)

4-0?????

mugsy
09-28-2003, 02:19 PM
4-0?????

Why am I not surprised this came from you??? :p :D

Cincy'sMom
09-28-2003, 03:00 PM
YEAH!! A WIN FOR THE BENGALS!!!!

Thanks Richard...I got my garunteed one win :)

mugsy
09-28-2003, 03:31 PM
I was just going to post that!!! Congrats Amy!!

mugsy
09-28-2003, 04:32 PM
Uh oh.....Richard.....it's halftime and your Raiders are down 21-14....what gives?

G.P.girl
09-28-2003, 04:58 PM
i play football....it is sooooooo much fun!!!!i love tackling....

but i dont really like watching it on tv. the guys on the team are always watching it and talking about it at pracitce...and then look at me like i'm dumb when i didnt know about the raiders and the sea hawks or whatever.....i do go to super bowl parties though.....

mugsy
09-28-2003, 06:29 PM
RAIDERS WIN! RAIDERS WIN!!

Just for you Richard....you don't know what it took for me to actually type that!! lol Sheesh...the hated Raiders.....

34-31 OT

lbaker
09-29-2003, 07:21 AM
WOOO HOOOO, we are a happy bunch at my house. My son loves the Raiders & I'm a Redskin fan. Just once I wish my Skins could make it look easy though. I guess an ugly win is still a win BUT - penalties are going to kill us. How hard is it to count to two before jumping the gun for an offsides or false start penalty :confused: The son is also a NASCAR fan so he had two TV's going. The dogs got very confused and just decided to hang outside on a glorious autumn day. The cats couldn't care less of course :rolleyes:

mugsy
09-29-2003, 08:53 AM
Next week is going to be interesting in our house. Mike is a Packers fan and I am a Seahawks fan.....we'll see!! lol

catland
09-29-2003, 10:11 AM
Green Bay plays Chicago tonight - I'll check back in tomorrow with either tears of joy or sadness.

RICHARD
09-29-2003, 11:14 AM
YEAH!! A WIN FOR THE BENGALS!!!!

)

lol,
don't ask me to walk on water....

notice...
Mugs gets on at half time to laugh at me, then
gives me guff for having an ALMOST felon kick the game winner!

I'll take it!

G.P.,

Just don't marry a football fan!

Laurie,
Penalties.....wouldn't it be nice to throw a flag or two at work.......

what a finish to the race!!! yikes!

Catland,

Don't cry, IT's just a game;)

mugsy
09-29-2003, 11:34 AM
Richard, you are too kind to personalize all your responses!! Of course, mine is to give me a hard time! lol ;) :p

RICHARD
09-29-2003, 01:36 PM
Richard, you are too kind to personalize all your responses!! Of course, mine is to give me a hard time! lol ;) :p

I'm trying to rehabilitate the view that people have of Raider fans...

Other than drinking, cursing,and spending a few hours in jail......I have nothing in common with those hooligans.
:rolleyes:

mugsy
09-29-2003, 02:48 PM
It's not the fans that make me not like them.

1. The players have a tendancy to play dirty

2. They are a rival of Seattle,even though they're not in the same division anymore.

SHEESH! lol I used to like them when Kenny "The Snake" Stabler played for them.

RICHARD
09-29-2003, 06:59 PM
It's not the fans that make me not like them.

LOLOLOLOLOL...

True story...

Before the game in San Diego last year there was a bail bond company handing out key chains....

One fan was handed the trinket, read it and was overheard to say,

"I have used you guys before, you are GREAT!!"

'nuff said!
;)

mugsy
09-29-2003, 07:05 PM
Hmmmm....maybe I ought to rethink my previous thinking! lol

lbaker
09-30-2003, 07:27 AM
I found some matches in a Mission Beach CA ( North San Diego) QuickStop that had the name & number of a bail bond company and on the back was written "because being in jail sucks". Brought several packs home - just in case :p

mugsy
09-30-2003, 09:52 AM
Well, Packers fans are happy today! 38-23 win in the newly revamped Soldier Field. Sad for me because I like the Bears, but, you'll have that. I'm sure Mike will be pleased when he gets up and hears the score.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-30-2003, 11:34 AM
Well, Packers fans are happy today! 38-23 win in the newly revamped Soldier Field. Sad for me because I like the Bears, but, you'll have that. I'm sure Mike will be pleased when he gets up and hears the score.

I just saw this thread and was going to say something, but you beat me to it Mugsy. :D

Hey Chicago, the PACKERS won! Nah - nah! :p :D

Ok, now that I got that out of my system, I could really care less about Football - or any other professional sport for that matter - but since I'm from Wisconsin and some of these Bears fans are a little on the arrogant side - especially when their team is doing so bad - that when it comes to the Bears and the Packers, I just gotta get out and root for the ol' green and gold. :D Oh, and it helps that Terry just happens to be a Bear fan and swears they're going to win everytime they play the packers - and they never do. (Packers have won 17 out of the last 19 matchups between the two teams) :D :D

Usually I can't wait for Monday nights. Terry turns the game on and I head for the hot tub for a nice long soak. Our usual Monday night dinner conversation goes something like this:
Terry: Are you ready for some football?!!
Debbie: You bet, bring it on!
Terry: Want me to go start the water in the hot tub.
Debbie: Yeah, that would be nice, thanks. :D

Oh, and since I live in Bear country, here are two Packer jokes I heard before the big game yesterday.

What do you call a 250 lb Packer fan?
Anorexic.

How do you know when a Packer fan is mad at you?
He grits his tooth at you.

I know, dumb, but funny. :D

RICHARD
09-30-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Terry: Are you ready for some football?!!
Debbie: You bet, bring it on!
Terry: Want me to go start the water in the hot tub.
Debbie: Yeah, that would be nice, thanks. :D

lol, a trained bear(s fan)......;)

laurie,

isn't it easier to commit the crime back home than to come all the way to california????

Cincy'sMom
10-02-2003, 03:59 PM
So...about 'bout Rush Limbaugh?

mugsy
10-02-2003, 04:22 PM
So...about 'bout Rush Limbaugh?

I think he's a moron, but, as much as I hate to say it, I don't think he should have been fired for stating an opinion, albeit an insensitive one. O'Reilley had an interesting thought...why not have him debate someone over the statement and see who wins. I'm sure he wouldn't since he's nothing but a blowhard (Limbaugh, although O'Reilley can be sometimes too). Just my opinion, but, I'm not very PC.

RICHARD
10-02-2003, 04:54 PM
I think he's a moron, but, as much as I hate to say it, I don't think he should have been fired for stating an opinion, albeit an insensitive one. O'Reilley had an interesting thought...why not have him debate someone over the statement and see who wins. I'm sure he wouldn't since he's nothing but a blowhard (Limbaugh, although O'Reilley can be sometimes too). Just my opinion, but, I'm not very PC.

How's about this UN-PC thought......

Since when does a frigging commentary on a GAME
deserve such attention??? Don't get me wrong.....
I dislike that Buffoon more than I dislike the Broncos (lol, divisional rivals!)

Stupid comment??? yeppers..... But, don't I deserve some real news other than some guy shooting himelf in the foot???

Cincy'sMom
10-02-2003, 04:59 PM
I'm not very PC either...but I'm not sure Rush is entirely wrong in this case. I don't really know about McNabb's talent, i don't follow Philly. And it doesn't mean he should have said it, but I think more insensitive things have been said with less repercussions.

The media does make a big deal about blacks in the NFL, as coaches or as quarterbacks. Whether their reasoning is right or wrong, it is done. Why else would Detriot have been fined for not interviewing a black coach? They offered, but everyone knew it was a formality to uphold league rules...Mariuchi was their man, end of story.

I guess what surprises me is that he made it through 4 weeks without saying something too stupid.. Couldn't go for 5 though :)

RICHARD
10-02-2003, 05:12 PM
I'm not very PC either...but I'm not sure Rush is entirely wrong in this case. I don't really know about McNabb's talent, i don't follow Philly. And it doesn't mean he should have said it, but I think more insensitive things have been said with less repercussions.

The media does make a big deal about blacks in the NFL, as coaches or as quarterbacks. Whether their reasoning is right or wrong, it is done. Why else would Detriot have been fined for not interviewing a black coach? They offered, but everyone knew it was a formality to uphold league rules...Mariuchi was their man, end of story.

I guess what surprises me is that he made it through 4 weeks without saying something too stupid.. Couldn't go for 5 though :)

you are right!!

Detroit offered 5 black coaches an interview but they all turned it down because they felt Mc Millan had his mind made up already......Talk about doubting your worth....ME? I go into the interview and try to convince them that they need me as the coach.....

Mc Nabb played a game last year on a broken ankle and threw, I may be wrong - 3 TD's...a game like that can make you INVINCIBLE! the media jumps on it and you have to break a bone, rush for 200 yards, throw 9 TD's, sell beer, take tickets and
wash the game jerseys afterwards EVERY game....

I may be wrong, tho!

mugsy
10-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Yep Amy, when you put such an emphasis on race then it becomes an issue. If you let people do their jobs then race becomes a nonentity. I could care less if a quarterback was black, white, or green with pink stripes as long as he does his job. If he doesn't then race doesn't matter then either! ARGH! I truly am disgusted by Rush, but, he got screwed in this one (not that I will miss him! lol)

RICHARD
10-03-2003, 11:11 AM
hey mugs,

What's the atmosphere in your household this weekend???

Good luck to both of you!!

mugsy
10-03-2003, 11:52 AM
Who knows...I never see my husband...he works 2nd and I work 1st......I'm sure it will be tense! hehehee....not really, we pretty much take it in stride.

RICHARD
10-03-2003, 05:25 PM
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THIS WEEKEND!!

GO RAIDERS!!

clara4457
10-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Trying to figure out which Buffalo team is going to show this weekend. The one that looks like Superbowl contenders or the one that looks like they forgot to show up to the stadium.

Thankfully, it looks like Travis Henry will be back in the lineup.

catland
10-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Sorry Mugsy, but GO PACKERS - CRUSH THE SEAHAWKS.

mugsy
10-03-2003, 07:25 PM
Sorry Mugsy, but GO PACKERS - CRUSH THE SEAHAWKS.

No need to apologize!! lol If you don't like them, you don't like them and I know you're a Packers fan, so I wouldn't have expected anything else! ;) :D

Cincy'sMom
10-05-2003, 03:34 PM
So close....and yet so far. My bengals are playing about the best ball the have in years, they just can't finish :( Wonder how it wouldbe if Corey Dillon was healthy?

Sorry, Molly, your Seahawks looked like they forgot to come back from the bye week :( Don't take too much from Mike :)

RICHARD
10-05-2003, 05:25 PM
aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!1

Miss Meow
10-05-2003, 05:43 PM
Green Bay 35 - Slowhawks 13, oops, my first loss as a Seahawks fan and I don't like it!

RobiLee
10-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Yay Vikings!!! Woo Hoo!! Go Vikes!!!

mugsy
10-05-2003, 06:31 PM
Well, Mike was only obnoxious about it while we were sitting in a soda shop in Kendallville when we were at the Apple Festival (no we weren't home to watch it), and I think that was for effect. We heard the final score when we were on our way home and all he said was something like They didn't score in the 2nd half. They always suck the week after the bye. Oh well....life goes on. Sorry MM, get used to it, this is more like how they usually are! lol

RICHARD
10-06-2003, 11:01 AM
Green Bay 35 - Slowhawks 13, oops, my first loss as a Seahawks fan and I don't like it!

Wait until you start betting on the games.....

it's worse-especially if you gamble your lunch money.....and don't listen to Mugs.....she's a long suffering fan....they don't count.;)

mugsy
10-06-2003, 07:42 PM
Wait until you start betting on the games.....

it's worse-especially if you gamble your lunch money.....and don't listen to Mugs.....she's a long suffering fan....they don't count.;)

HEY! Be nice!!! I just wish I could have seen the game, even if we did lose. I was so incredibly tired on the way home from the festival last night that I didn't even care!! lol

RICHARD
10-07-2003, 11:35 AM
WHAT A GAME LAST NIGHT!!!!!

If you missed it, I'm sorry for you.....

Thank You, Indy!!!!!!!

That was the greatest!:eek: :p :D :o :confused: :)

hey Mugs.....

I only questioned your fanaticism:eek: ;)

mugsy
10-07-2003, 12:55 PM
Well, I have never been accused of being a shrinking violet! ;) :p

I fell asleep last night before the game was over and got up when Mike got home and heard the end of the game. Good game!

Cincy'sMom
10-07-2003, 05:29 PM
I went to bed at half time...figured that at 21-0 it was all over...boy was I wrong!!!

RICHARD
10-07-2003, 06:27 PM
I went to bed at half time...figured that at 21-0 it was all over...boy was I wrong!!!

You weren't wrong.....just tired!

The absolute best part was watching 'Chucky'
Gruden's face slowly realize that trouble was lurking in Tampa Bay last night...

It went from 'talking the talk' to 'eating
horse (colt) puckey'......

That and the SOX taking it to the last out made it
a sports night to end all sports nights

Ahem,

clara and robilee,

How's about a little more enthusiasm than just one little post!!! ;)

It IS football ya know!:)

clara4457
10-07-2003, 06:36 PM
Sorry - believe it or not I have been in Chicago the last month installing a computer system at Soldier Field. My exposure to football games so far had been about 30 seconds worth of football watching and about 14 hours on Sunday troubleshooting network problems! :D And of course seeing the Bears fans after last weeks win against Oakland.

So except for the first couple of Bills games - I have not been able to watch except highlights on ESPN. (And from what I have seen the last 4 weeks - those have been few and far between).

Good news is that I will be able to watch this week as the Bears are on the road. And since I will be able to watch the game this week - my Bills should come out with all guns blazing.

RICHARD
10-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by clara4457
And of course seeing the Bears fans after last weeks win against Oakland.

lol,
I should have known that challenging another football fan would get me kicked in the head....
;)

RICHARD
10-10-2003, 03:13 PM
Before I forget.......

we got some football to play this weekend...

Good luck to everyone and we'll compare notes on Monday..........

P.s. I suspect Clara is still laughing at my Raiders;)

Cincy'sMom
10-11-2003, 06:34 PM
At least my Bengals can't loose this weekend!!!
they can't win wither But they can't loose!!!

pitc9
10-12-2003, 08:03 AM
....... :o I'm from Cleveland and I am a Browns fan.... there is no such thing as a "Brown" our mascots are Dawgs (hence the Dawg Pound in the end zone) and we don't win very much!!

BUT WE BEAT THE STEELERS LAST WEEK!!!

We'll have to wait and see how we do with the Raiders this weekend!!!!

But on note:
While the new Browns stadium was being built a few years back, my (then) boyfriend "bought" a brick and they inscribe what ever you want on it, it gets put in the sidewalk, and is there forever.
Well... the brick he bought said:

"Angie will you marry me"

Yep..... that's how he popped the question.

So no matter how bad the Browns get...... I will always have an emotional tie with them!!

Here we go Brownies Here we go "Woof Woof"

mugsy
10-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Very cool Angie!! But, I am a Seahawk fan...

RICHARD
10-12-2003, 11:26 AM
CM....

LOL...I love 'bye' weeks.

Pitc,
My dad worked in a brick yard for about 40 years.......
I just can't help but think of all the bricks he made and never mentioned my mom.........;)

go raiders!!!

Mugs,

you know, there IS a twelve step program......

clara4457
10-12-2003, 05:50 PM
OMG - the Bills are playing like s**t.

Go Cubs!!!:o

mugsy
10-12-2003, 06:28 PM
This week does not bode well for my Seahawks tonight. My Bears lost, Mike's Packers lost, our friends' Colts lost, Richard's Raiders lost......not a good week. But, good news for the Brownie fans!! Congrats..

Cataholic
10-12-2003, 06:37 PM
I have never watched even half of a football game, never. I am just special, aren't I?:p

mugsy
10-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Well I guess that just means you are a poor deprived girl Jo!! hehehehe :p Try it, you might like it.

Cincy'sMom
10-13-2003, 05:22 AM
Did you stay up to watch, Molly? I only made it into the 3rd, but Seattle squeeked it out!!! YEAH!!!

mugsy
10-13-2003, 06:36 AM
I made it into the 4th and had to go to bed, but, I was still awake at the end, so I heard it. Amazing!! Best start since 1986. Must be the Aussie influence. ;)

RobiLee
10-13-2003, 07:51 AM
Well, I didn't think much about football this weekend because the Vikings had a bye week. I did check out the scores this morning though. I alway follow the Ohio teams also....being that I live in Ohio and my dad is a big fan of the bengals and browns.

So I have to say it:

WOOF...WOOF....WAY TO GO, BROWNS!! WOO HOO!!!

Poor Ohio State has finally lost one...boo hoo...*sniff*

I don't speak up to often Richard...because I actually don't know football to well. I'm just a HUGE Viking fan! After 20 years of marriage my husband has managed to do that to me. Now when we get to watch them play I am the one doing all the screaming and holllering and I drive my husband and son nuts (Iuse to hate it when dad did this every Sunday...now it is me...go figure). Normally when the vikes play I put out all my vikings stuff, but this year I almost forgot so all I manage to put out on game day was my big viking teddy bear and katie wore her viking hankie. So that is how it has to be every game day. One game I wore my viking tshirt and we were losing so my son made me change my shirt because I didn't wear it for any other games and I was jinxing us....lol. The teddy bear always has to sit in the same spot(middle of the couch) and Katie always has to have her Viking bandanna on! We even drove to Minnesota once just so we could see them play on their own turf. Loved It! Of course I also got to go to Mall of America...that made it even better...lol. Anyway...to this day I still get confused about the rules and I still can manage to say field goal when it is actually the extra point and my husband still laughs at me about it. Thats why I don't speak up much...I'm afraid I'll say the wrong thing...lol...LIKE RIGHT NOW!!

Sorry about your Raiders, Richard...hehehe.....but once again...

WOOF! WOOF!....WAY TO GO BROWNS!!

RICHARD
10-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by RobiLee
Anyway...to this day I still get confused about the rules and I still can manage to say field goal when it is actually the extra point and my husband still laughs at me about it. Thats why I don't speak up much...I'm afraid I'll say the wrong thing...lol...LIKE RIGHT NOW!!

Sorry about your Raiders, Richard...hehehe.....but once again...

WOOF! WOOF!....WAY TO GO BROWNS!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL...

Don't worry it's only a game...

Where is KC coming from?????

congrats to the winners.....

RICHARD
10-13-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I have never watched even half of a football game, never. I am just special, aren't I?:p

Does that mean you'll watch all four quarters of the NFL/drunk fan/paralyzed girl lawsuit?

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/283/nation/Family_sues_NFL_in_crash_that_:.shtml

Cincy'sMom
10-13-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic

Living in Cincinnati, Jo, you could watch the whole game of the "home" univeristy ( UC) and the "home" pro team ( the Bengals) and still not see a half or "real" football!!!

Being a fan I can joke about "my" teams...it is sorta like being able to joke about your own ethnicity or religion... :D

Miss Meow
10-13-2003, 04:20 PM
I made it into the 4th and had to go to bed, but, I was still awake at the end, so I heard it. Amazing!! Best start since 1986. Must be the Aussie influence. ;)

Did we win? Couldn't have been my influence as I must've slept through the whole thing! ;)

RICHARD
10-13-2003, 05:45 PM
Did we win? Couldn't have been my influence as I must've slept through the whole thing! ;)

While channeling good vibes to the team.

I may have to abandon the raiders.:p

mugsy
10-13-2003, 06:05 PM
And join the ranks of Seahawks fans????

Yes, MM, we won!! 17-16 (San Fran missed an extra point and it cost them the game.0

Miss Meow
10-13-2003, 06:59 PM
Wahoo! All we need is to make sure they don't have another bye this season ;)

mugsy
10-13-2003, 07:10 PM
Nope, one bye per season!!

RICHARD
10-16-2003, 05:28 PM
And join the ranks of Seahawks fans????

LOLOLOLOLOL...

I was rooting for the Cubs now it's just the Sox......trust me, you don't want me on your side:eek:

Miss Meow
10-16-2003, 05:33 PM
I got a good omen for the Seahawks' next game. A Seahawk flew over our building yesterday in a huge display of noise, zoomed across the parade ground, dropped a rope and all these chappies rappelled down the rope and ran somewhere. Don't know if the helicopter picked them up again later or if they're lost amongst all the public servants :rolleyes:

lbaker
10-17-2003, 07:37 AM
I realize Australia has some weird critters but birds that repel down ropes :eek: Did they then disappear under a Coolabahs tree to wait while their Billy boiled? My gracious.

catland
10-17-2003, 10:27 AM
Well, looks like the cheeseheads are on the road this week to play St. Louis which is 3-0 at home.:eek:

Good luck everyone this week (as long as you are not a St. Lous fan.:p )

mugsy
10-17-2003, 12:51 PM
Oh great....my 2 teams play each other this week...of course...on my birthday! Sheesh!

RICHARD
10-17-2003, 02:21 PM
maybe i could tell you the story about me and the raiderette cheerleader spending 5 days in the mountains to get your mind off it!!!;)

Did I mention she was cheerleader of the year?

lbaker
10-17-2003, 02:25 PM
OK people, first person to say something about her poms poms has to go stand in the corner :D ;)

RICHARD
10-17-2003, 02:35 PM
OK people, first person to say something about her poms poms has to go stand in the corner :D ;)

lol, actually it's a white lie followed by the truth.

I went to a game bought a program and was thumbing thru when I spied the "cheerleader of the week" page.
I screamed and punched my friend on the arm...."hey I know her!!! I spent a week in the mountains with her!!!!".

He looked stunned - so I told him the story.

This was long before she ever became a cheerleader for the raiders......We were in high school and we volunteered to spend a week as camp counselors for a bunch of sixth grade kids......so, technically, I spent the week with a Pro cheerleader....in the mountains with 60 kids....:rolleyes: :p :( :eek: :mad: :cool:

Andie
10-17-2003, 02:59 PM
Well, looks like the cheeseheads are on the road this week to play St. Louis which is 3-0 at home.:eek:

Good luck everyone this week (as long as you are not a St. Lous fan.:p )

Mom says :p right back at ya!

:D

RICHARD
10-17-2003, 04:53 PM
MM,

we have a county fire heliport about three blocks away and we see the "Firehawk" choppers landing everyday as the sun sets.....

no chappie dropping, tho!!!!

Good luck to everyone this weekend....

ahem,

go raiders????

mugsy
10-18-2003, 08:36 PM
Well, since we are going to the dog park tomorrow, we won't see the games (except the night game), so, once again, I will miss my beloved Seahawks....Richard, I am depending on you to keep me in the loop!

iloverat
10-19-2003, 01:58 PM
Hi, guys. I haven't posted on this site before but I think it's time I started. There seems to be a lack of Cowboys fans here - Can't have that!!!:) Especially since we've had such a non-team for so many years now and finally are beginning to show some life.

Having said that, I also have to acknowledge that basically I'm a FOOTBALL fan across the board. I'll watch and pull for the following teams for particular reasons:

Miami Dolphins --cause of Ricki Williams (ex- Univ. of Texas player), watched him in New Orleans, too but really glad to see he went to Miami

Kansas City Chiefs - love Priest Holmes cause he's from my home town of San Antonio and saw him play high school ball

Tampa Bay -- cause they were underdogs for so long and became a powerhouse!!!

Tennessee -- used to be a Texas team and still love to watch Steve McNair

Those are my main teams. With that many favorites, it's hard to have a losing weekend!!!!!!

I see football like you guys seem to do; it's all in FUN and it's great to exchange jabs with other fans.

GO COWBOYS!!!! CAGE THOSE LIONS!!!!!!!!!

Best to all ------- Bobbi

mugsy
10-19-2003, 06:50 PM
I EVEN GOT A BIRTHDAY GIFT FROM THE SEAHAWKS!! GO HAWKS!!!!!

24-17 over my other team the Bears!! I JUST missed the end of the game too.

catland
10-20-2003, 10:17 AM
aarrgghh - Green Bay lost yet again.:eek:

RICHARD
10-20-2003, 11:21 AM
I EVEN GOT A BIRTHDAY GIFT FROM THE SEAHAWKS!! GO HAWKS!!!!!

24-17 over my other team the Bears!! I JUST missed the end of the game too.

I didn't know what your favorite colors are so I
just got you the WIN!!!!

MM,
lol, I thought you said you were bad luck????
;)

Bobbi-

Could you whittle down your list to about 20 teams???;)

Tuna for Texas!!!

Catland???

MY turn tonight........

go raiders, yeah right...

Cincy'sMom
10-20-2003, 03:37 PM
I had a good day yesterday...the Bengals won and the Browns lost...and it wasn't even my Birthday!!!!

RICHARD
10-20-2003, 03:45 PM
I had a good day yesterday...the Bengals won and the Browns lost...and it wasn't even my Birthday!!!!

I aim to please???:rolleyes:

Andie
10-20-2003, 04:22 PM
aarrgghh - Green Bay lost yet again.:eek:

Wooohooo :p

iloverat
10-20-2003, 09:05 PM
**GASP** Richard, your request to have me pare down the number of teams that I follow has me reeling :eek: When the vertigo ceases I will see what I can do.

clara4457
10-21-2003, 05:06 AM
Ahhhh - the Bills decided to show up yesterday. Life is good!! :D

RobiLee
10-21-2003, 06:48 AM
Well, another great Sunday!! Got to go the the Findlay Dog Park and the Vikings won another one!!! WOW , I can't believe this. 6-0 . I am loving this!!!

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by iloverat
**GASP** Richard, your request to have me pare down the number of teams that I follow has me reeling :eek: When the vertigo ceases I will see what I can do.

no need to......I was checking your loyalty:)

everyone needs backup teams anyway...i'm just too stupid to realize that fact.......

i'll trade my raiders team for anyone else at this point....

WANTED

Football fan seeking new team to root for.
Love football, can do without all the truck
commercials and gratuitous fan in the stands
TV shots. I am a beer drinker and loyal to a fault.Am willing to put bumper sticker of new
team on car. Am free during playoffs and Super Bowl weekend. 555-555-1234 Ask for Rich.

lbaker
10-21-2003, 11:21 AM
You sure about that Richard? I'll see your Raiders and raise you one Redskins * ouch *

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 11:35 AM
You sure about that Richard? I'll see your Raiders and raise you one Redskins * ouch *

the life of a fan......

I call!;)

mugsy
10-21-2003, 04:46 PM

can do without all the truck
commercials .

Gotta problem with Toby? Sheesh! lol

I'm sorry for you Richard, you have worked so hard for us long suffering fans and your team is sliding.

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 04:54 PM
Gotta problem with Toby? Sheesh! lol

I'm sorry for you Richard, you have worked so hard for us long suffering fans and your team is sliding.

NO.....

Our commercials are like this...

California has over 10,000 seismic events that can be felt every year........we are sorry......

The DODGE truck sale ends on monday......

you get TOBY, we get earthquake warnings.....:rolleyes:

Hey, don't be sorry for me...everyone has a turn at the bottom of the standings.......i'm the lucky one this year..;)

Cincy'sMom
10-21-2003, 08:34 PM

Hey, don't be sorry for me...everyone has a turn at the bottom of the standings.......i'm the lucky one this year..;)

As a Bengals fan, I have been in the basement so long, I ferget what the light of day looks like!!! :)

RICHARD
10-24-2003, 11:19 AM
As a Bengals fan, I have been in the basement so long, I ferget what the light of day looks like!!! :)

Back to the games....

Good luck everyone.....a bye this week for my team, the only way to keep from losing, I guess..
:rolleyes:

What's with Dillon and I am starting to really dislike Sapp.....I mean you have one of the better
jobs and you are crying about it???

sheesh.

mugsy
10-24-2003, 11:46 AM
Well Nicole's and my Seahawks play Amy's Bengals this week.....UH OH!! :eek:

iloverat
10-24-2003, 03:29 PM
And my Cowboys play Mr. Sapp and his crew. What's up with that? I can't recall Dallas playing Tampa Bay in the past but then my memory can be sketchy. Anyway, this should be a big game for both teams. Can't wait for SUNDAY!!!!!:D :D :D

mugsy
10-25-2003, 09:12 AM
Yes, TB has played Dallas before. I flew down to Dallas to see them play (I had a friend at the time that was a RABID Cowboys fan) and they played TB. That was the Jimmy Johnson era.

iloverat
10-25-2003, 01:26 PM
Yes, TB has played Dallas before. .

Thanks for the reply, Mugsy :) I must tell you that I'm VERY impressed that you came all that way to see the Cowboys play. Was it sometime after Johnson's first year? That's when Dallas started to look strong again. What FUN!!!!!!

mugsy
10-25-2003, 02:02 PM
Well....I am not a Cowboys fan at all, I just went along for the ride and it WAS fun. We stayed in the same hotel as the players so my friend could meet them and it was interesting. I remember waiting for the elevator to go up to our room and when the doors opened there were 2 offensive linemen in the elevator and they filled the door! lol

Cincy'sMom
10-26-2003, 05:43 AM
Well Nicole's and my Seahawks play Amy's Bengals this week.....UH OH!! :eek:

Shouldn't be a problem for you and Nicole :) Oh well, I (my team)won the Michigan ND game, it should be fair you get this one ;)

RICHARD
10-26-2003, 03:50 PM
notice....i'm not saying anything.

Cincy'sMom
10-26-2003, 03:52 PM
I can admit when I'm wrong...sometimes its even kinda fun ;)

iloverat
10-26-2003, 06:57 PM
Congrats to you Cincy fans!!! Great game!!!!!! Of course, I'm crying over my Cowboys who decided not to show up for their game with Tampa Bay. Boo-hoo:( :rolleyes: :mad:

You Viking aficianados might be interested in reading a column by Phil Simms at NFL.com. The article was very complimentary towards Minnesota's fans.

mugsy
10-26-2003, 07:31 PM
notice....i'm not saying anything.

Shut up you brat!! lol

Congrats Amy. The better team won today!

Cincy'sMom
10-26-2003, 09:25 PM
Shut up you brat!! lol

Congrats Amy. The better team won today!

Thanks! I just wish I could have seen the game :) We are always stuck with the Clowns, I mean the Browns :D

RobiLee
10-27-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by iloverat

You Viking aficianados might be interested in reading a column by Phil Simms at NFL.com. The article was very complimentary towards Minnesota's fans.

Thanks! I'll have to check this out.

*Sigh*....well it happened. The Vikes finally lost their first game. Now that it is over with, I hope we can really start kicking some butt. Or, is this a sign of things to come!

Congrats to my dad and all the rest of the bengals fans. Go Bengals!!

RICHARD
10-27-2003, 11:29 AM
at the halfway point it is time to take stock.....

I would have like to have El Lay considered for tonight's game.......

But we are right in the middle of the fire storm....:(

congrats to the winners and 'we'll get them next week' for the rest of the teams.....

And to all of you who have a football team in your home town.......:p
The nice part about NOT having a team here is we
get some choice games from around the league...
the bad part is we miss the games we want to see....

Am I a disguntled fan, or what????

;)

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 11:29 AM
Tix for last night's game were free to the fans..
But, the owner of the Cardinals asked for a donation for each ticket to go to the people affected by the fires in San Diego County....

Well done!!!!!:)

2kitties
10-28-2003, 11:36 AM
Having spent some time living in Kansas city, and having gone to a few games, and having watched them lose EVERY SINGLE GAME I attended, I think I'm pretty proud of the ole Chiefs this year.

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by 2kitties
Having spent some time living in Kansas city, and having gone to a few games, and having watched them lose EVERY SINGLE GAME I attended, I think I'm pretty proud of the ole Chiefs this year.

It's the young Chiefs that will give you fits!!

Great run............next stop?

Playoffs, of course!

RICHARD
11-03-2003, 12:24 PM
is it too late to jump ship?