PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Pete

Glacier
09-04-2003, 11:14 AM
Pete is four years old today! We always celabrate Pete's birthday as we weren't sure he would see his third, last year. I am sure the Visa people celebrate it as well! The "free kitten" needs to live many more years before his bill is paid off!:p

http://www.seemesmile.com/photos4/2394327a.jpg

Fortunately, he's now happy and healthy again--worth every dime!

Happy Birthday, sweetie Petey!

catlover4ever
09-04-2003, 11:34 AM
A Great Big Happy 4th Birthday to Pete!!!:) :)

I'm so glad that you are feeling better, may you have many, many more birthday's! :D

Bari_d
09-04-2003, 12:28 PM
Hello Pete, and a very happy birthday to you! I don't think I know your "story," could your meowmie bring some of us up to date on you???? I'm certainly glad you are feeling better whatever the problem was!

You are a very handsome, soft, silky boy! And the entire Cat Happy Pride wishes you a wonderful kitty birthday and hope you enjoy many, many more!!!!

http://www.cathappy.com/images/Temp%20photos/hapbirth.gif

bisi.cat
09-04-2003, 01:01 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET PETE!!!
:) :) :)

Glacier
09-04-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Bari_d
[B]Hello Pete, and a very happy birthday to you! I don't think I know your "story," could your meowmie bring some of us up to date on you???? I'm certainly glad you are feeling better whatever the problem was!

This is Pete's story. First when he was a kitten, his mommacat disappeared. She was a barn cat and likely ran into a coyote. He was only about three weeks old, far too young to be away from momma. The rest of his litter didn't survive. I hauled Pete out from under a shed and he came to live with me. He was not in great shape at the time, but he quickly turned into a normal kitten.

Then December 31, 2001, Pete blocked for the first time. We spent New Year's Eve in the vet clinic! He came very close to dying that time as he hide his symptoms for a long time and I didn't realize he was blocked at first. He continued to block every couple weeks until April 2002. At that time, he started to block as soon as the cath was taken out. Within a couple hours he'd be blocked again. I live in the middle of nowhere and my vet can't do a PU surgery, so Pete went for a plane ride to the University of Saskatchewan's vet school clinic where he had a PU surgery. He spent a week there until he was well enough to fly home.

We've never found a reason for Pete's blockages--no crystals, no infection, no stones ect. He just blocks. The surgery has solved that but we are still struggling to control whatever the problem actually is. Hard to treat something you can't identify. Right now he is starting a course of anti-inflammatories. He has blood in his urine again. :( Other than that though, he's a healthy cat. He's been much happier since his surgery--he's turned into a big lap cat.

Bari_d
09-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Poor baby has certainly had his problems. We have one baby, Minkly, who had problems with crystals earlier this year (she just turned 5 in July). The vet put her on Purina UR and thank good ness she hasn't had any more problems. I do hope Pete is completely healed soon. I'll add him to my prayers, and please give him a Happy Birthday snuggle for me. I'll try to watch for updates here.

Bari

Miss Meow
09-04-2003, 04:26 PM
Happy birthday Pete! Hope your present is many more years with your family :)

bluekat
09-04-2003, 04:35 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETE!!!!! Wish you have many many more happy years:D:D:D

krazyaboutkatz
09-05-2003, 12:29 AM
HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY PETE!!! I hope you had a great day and have many more in the future. :D

ScantyNebula
09-05-2003, 11:24 AM
Happy Birthday Pete!!!

you must be a very special boy - you need extra special attention for your birthday! :D

AmberLee
09-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Hippo BIRDIE Ewe Ewe!! And miiini mooore!!!

You are a beautiful big boy, Pete, and it's an honor to send you Birdie greetings. Hope it is a happy one for you!

gkristian
09-05-2003, 06:51 PM
HAPPY 4TH B'DAY PETE!!!!!

ScantyNebula
09-05-2003, 08:35 PM
Thought I would share this :

http://www.nebulaart.com/birthdaywishes.jpg

Cataholic
09-05-2003, 09:02 PM
Pete's face cries out for some kisses, so, I am sending lots his way! Happy 4th, Pete!