PDA

View Full Version : Honest Nathan hands in £10,000

ChrisH
09-03-2003, 03:33 PM
I have so much respect and admiration for this boy, and his mother too. :)

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3202633.stm

:) :) :)

slick
09-03-2003, 04:42 PM
Well, that certainly restores my faith in humanity. I'm sorry to say that I doubt very much that would happen in my neck of the woods. Hat's off to you Nathan. I believe in karma and one day you will get your reward.

RICHARD
09-03-2003, 05:12 PM
wow that's a dieter's dream!!!

getting rid of 10,000 pounds...;)

seriously....great story!!!!

Pam
09-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
wow that's a dieter's dream!!!

getting rid of 10,000 pounds...;)

seriously....great story!!!!

LOL! Richard! Great story and hats off to Nathan for doing the right thing. I wonder how many of us would have done that!!

puppygrrl4eva7
09-03-2003, 05:26 PM
Wow that's a lot of money, I bet stuff like people losing large amounts of money happens more often that you think, you just never hear about it because very few people turn it in:rolleyes: I couldn't live with myself knowing that I found someone's hard earned money( especially that much )and kept it. But that boy must really have good morals:D

kingrattus
09-03-2003, 11:52 PM
Great story :)

============
I wonder how many of us would have done that!!
============

ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!! Ok it wasn't 10,000p but to me $50.00 is alot of money. I found it at work & called my manager right away & told her what I found, I wanted to know where to put it, incase the person came back. The 50.00 sat in the safe taped to the door for 3 months until I decided it should go into our stolen fund, to help pay off stuff ppl steal from us. I tried to give it back. & my manager said if that person ever comes back just give her $50.00. Saddly she never did come back.

But I have found wallets at work with lots of money in them. I did a huge hunt looking for one lady. I called her bank with her visa (refused to help me find her), I looked in the phone book & called everyone with her last name, no luck. Then I noticed she had an Air Miles card, so I called them & the guy was very helpful, he asked for my location & phone # & told me he would call the lady & as soon as he got ahold of her he would call me back, to let me know whats going on. I was so happy when the lady came back, & she was thrilled I went through soooo much work to find her.

zanzanfergie
09-04-2003, 01:41 AM
That's such a sweet story.

My grandad lost his wallet the last year. He had a stroke awhile ago so he can't always remember where he's put things. The person who found it handed it back in. It was such a lovely turnaround of the bagsnatching of old people you hear all the time.

RICHARD
09-04-2003, 05:15 PM
Chris,

i couldn't help but think about this young man getting the fishing pole her prayed for- LOL, at first I thought it was a PET TALK prayer he tossed
out - PT prayers pay big dividends!!!!

Usually when someone does a great deed like that some good soul gathers up a few dollars (pounds!)and Nathan would get a fishing pole and maybe a few lures.....

could you let us know????

I once found some 'play money' in the street in front of my friend's house...to my surprise it didn't 'play'-it was real! My friend's dad was watering the lawn so I made like I was adjusting the chain on my bike while i picked up the contents from the wallet a motorcycle rider had dropped.....i dutifully turned in the money and the wallet to my father....i still kick myself but i knew i did the right thing....

Logan
09-04-2003, 07:10 PM
I think it is terrific, and can only hope that my child would be as honest.

mugsy
09-04-2003, 07:14 PM
I think I'll read this to my kids tomorrow and guilt them into figuring they'd do the same thing....well....don't count on it! lol

Anyway great story! I agree, renews my faith in humanity (at least some of it)

ChrisH
09-05-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Chris,
i couldn't help but think about this young man getting the fishing pole he prayed for- LOL, at first I thought it was a PET TALK prayer he tossed out - PT prayers pay big dividends!!!!
Usually when someone does a great deed like that some good soul gathers up a few dollars (pounds!)and Nathan would get a fishing pole and maybe a few lures.....
could you let us know????
Richard, I heard an interview with his Mum on the radio......he was too shy to be interviewed, besides he was in school :D..... Anyway, you are right, one of our daily newspapers are going to get him a new fishing rod.:D
By the way, the reason he wanted the new rod was to use in the angling competition he is entered for somewhere up here in North Wales, not sure when it is. Here`s wishing him good luck! :)

Chris

RICHARD
09-05-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by ChrisH
Richard, I heard an interview with his Mum on the radio......he was too shy to be interviewed, besides he was in school :D..... Anyway, you are right, one of our daily newspapers are going to get him a new fishing rod.:D
By the way, the reason he wanted the new rod was to use in the angling competition he is entered for somewhere up here in North Wales, not sure when it is. Here`s wishing him good luck! :)

Chris

there's hope for our youth!!!

:)

mugsy
09-05-2003, 01:00 PM
AAARRRRGGHHH!!! What selfish nasty kids I have. I read the article to my students and probably 85% of them said the kid was stupid and he should have kept it. I wanted to kill them. I pointed out to them that the money was not theirs and that it constituted theft and they said they didn't care and one of the little brats said he would have laughed at the older gentleman to whom the money belonged! I am truly disappointed. I wondered why I didn't like my classes as much this year. I guess this is why. All I can say is that I am truly truly disappointed. :( :mad:

Anyway! I am glad that someone is stepping up and buying Nathan his fishing rod and I hope he fishes the lake clean and wins a lot of money.

ChrisH
09-05-2003, 04:12 PM
Molly, that is sad, but not, I think surprising. I think there is a lot of kids, and adults too, that think and act that way, both in your country and mine. :( But there are people/kids like Nathan, the 15% of your students and others we`ve read about here, and as long as they are out there, thinking and doing the right thing, I think there is hope for us all.:)

mugsy
09-05-2003, 04:18 PM
I told them they were acting like spoiled brats with no conscience, not to mention criminals. They didn't like that much. I do hope that if actually confronted with that they might change their minds.

lynnestankard
09-06-2003, 05:16 AM
What a smashing lad he sounds doesn't he? I also heard the interview with his Mum on the radio Chris (Jeremy Vine?) and they sound such a 'normal' family it was lovely. I was so pleased to hear he's getting his new fishing rod - it certainly restores MY faith in young people - their all not nearly as black as their painted!
Keep the faith Molly - your students may surprise you yet!!

Lynne