PDA

View Full Version : Patches is missing - prayers pls

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-03-2003, 01:37 AM
My outdoor cat Patches is missing! She hasn't been home for food for two days! Usually she dissapears a bit during the day, but always comes back to the house at night, but for the last two night she hasn't come home.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/p0a7c47218ad1a88c962713d313a1f507/fb6e53c5.jpg
Of course I have checked with my shelter, but she hasn't been handed in. (The shelter does a weekly Radio spot with a lost dog and cat, and animals up for adoption, and I pulled some strings to get her listed this week, so I am hoping someone hears it and brings her home).

She DOES have an annoying habit of going to the neighbours and crying pitifully until someone feeds her, so I am really hoping that she has found a better home - maybe someone who will take her inside and give her the life she deserves.

I have also checked all the waste ground close to the house, plus all the surrounding roads, and the dead animal pick-up, but no sign of her.

I feel so BAD that I moved her from her familiar environment, and now she has gone missing. Maybe another cat chased her away?

PLEASE pray that I find her - or at least find out that she has found another home where she can be inside!

bisi.cat
09-03-2003, 02:36 AM
Cats have an amazing sense to know how to survive...so don't worry, because they also have their very own mind!
You've done what was possible finding her...you're probably right that she's looking for a new home...

Maybe she just explores the new neighborhood...
I am sorry my words may be not that comfortable for you today, but you've really done everything possible...and of course I will enclose Patches in my prayers and hopefully you'll find out what's on with her!!!

kimlovescats
09-03-2003, 03:43 AM
Oh dear, I'm so sorry that Patches went searching...... hoping she will find her way back home soon!

Vio&Juni
09-03-2003, 05:11 AM
Could you look around your old house? She may have gone back, kitties do that sometimes, or is it too far?

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-03-2003, 05:20 AM
Tomorrow is the weekend here, so I'll drive slowly along the route to my old house and see if I can spot her. I REALLY hope she hasn't tried to return there - she would need to cross a busy highway and I honestly can't see her making that kind of journey - she is extremely overweight and lazy too!

I am having some photos printed this afternoon, so tomorrow I can put ads up at the local shops / vet etc....

jenluckenbach
09-03-2003, 06:04 AM
Dear Lord, Please watch over Patches. She is in unfamiliar surroundings and needs guidance home. Thank you.

Best of luck in locating Patches. Sometimes the right thing to do turns out to be wrong in the long run, but we all know that the motive was good. She may just be feeling out her new territory.

Barbara
09-03-2003, 08:57 AM
I am afraid it is very likely that she tried to find her old home. This is very common behavior when cats are not very attached to humans -and I remember you said that she was the boss over there. I send my best thoughts that she can make the journey safely!

moosmom
09-03-2003, 09:08 AM
I'll say a prayer that Patches finds her way back to you!! It might be worth it to take a ride by your old house. I hope and pray that you find her.

PLEASE keep us posted!!

catmandu
09-03-2003, 09:48 AM
The worst thing to me is the not knowing! When Moose The magnificent disappeared , I wont constantly go to the window 60 times a day to see if he had come home. I put his favorite food out , only to have the neighbor Cats eat it . I prayed at my church , then one day there he WAS! A little thinner , but the Prodigal Cat was home! I will pray for your little Patches to find his way HOME! Catmandu and Cats!

jazzcat
09-03-2003, 11:21 AM
I'll pray she comes back soon - safe and sound.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Prayers are on the way for you and Patches. My former stray cat, Grandma, disappeared for almost a year once. Then one day, she was back. She has recently moved in with me and the cat boys. I couldn't stand the not knowing where she was any more. Wishing you and Patches good luck.

Randi
09-03-2003, 11:52 AM
If your old home isn't too far away - and even if it is, I think it's very likely that Patches has gone searching for that. I hope she has a safe journey and you'll find her soon.

When you go looking, remember to take her favourite food along!

Very best of luck finding her safe and sound! :)

Cataholic
09-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Please, Patches, come home...prayers for a safe return.

K & L
09-03-2003, 12:01 PM
Try not to get too upset yet. We've had ferals that stayed away for a couple weeks. Don't give up yet!

2kitties
09-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Prayers for Patches

Logan
09-03-2003, 12:15 PM
Any update?? I hope Patches is well and is just wandering right now. We're praying!!!!!!

PayItForward
09-03-2003, 12:37 PM
Thinking of Patches.....May he come home safe & sound.

Kirsten
09-03-2003, 02:39 PM
I hope you'll find her and she's alright!!! The not-knowing is the worst... :(

A former co-worker has lost one of her cats last year and she eventually thought he was dead, but then suddenly he came back after 7 months!!! Shy and confused, but meanwhile, he's doing great again. They have no idea where he's been, but most likely somebody had taken him in and he escaped eventually.

Hope you don't have to wait that long until you find out!

Kirsten

Miss Meow
09-03-2003, 05:58 PM
I hope you see Patches again soon. Maybe someone else is feeding her. Good luck, I hope she's safe and sound.

slick
09-03-2003, 06:06 PM
Praying for Patches' safe return. Hopefully he's just a social butterfly that got caught up at a party somewhere.

AmberLee
09-03-2003, 07:46 PM
Prayers being said here, and fingers and paws crossed.

rg_girlca
09-03-2003, 08:28 PM
I will be praying hard that your Patches returns home safe and sound.

lizbud
09-03-2003, 08:59 PM
I hope Patches returns or is found soon.:( It would be
so hard, not knowing if she's o.k. I'll pray that she be safe.

krazyaboutkatz
09-04-2003, 12:42 AM
Prayers are on the way for Patches safe return. I also think that she may have tried to return to your old house. Please keep us updated. Good luck. All fingers and paws are crossed here.

gini
09-04-2003, 12:49 AM
I have read so many stories of cats going to their old homes.

I sure hope we have good news soon that you have found Patches and all is well.

A prayer will certainly be offered (and many more too).

HayleyRosie
09-04-2003, 06:41 AM
Prayers are on the way for Patches safe return.

K & L
09-04-2003, 04:29 PM
Anything on Patches yet?

NoahsMommy
09-04-2003, 10:25 PM
Oh no! :(

We'll be praying over here that she comes home too.

jazzcat
09-04-2003, 11:18 PM
I hope we hear good news soon.

More prayers are on the way!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-06-2003, 02:59 AM
Hi everyone,

Sorry for not updating over the "weekend" here (Thurs & Fri), but my ADSL at home is down.

I checked all the routes to my old house, plus checked in with a couple of my old neighbours, so they will phone me if Patches turns up.

I was talking to the lady at the shelter on Thursday, and I was explaining how bad I felt about what happened, and she tried to put it in perspective for me - the choices were:
- leave her behind, knowing that I am her only food source
- hand her in to the shelter to be PTS
- take her to the new house and take the chance that she settles in!

I suppose she is right, but it does not make me feel any better right now. Every time I spot a white blob I pull off the road to look - but is is always a piece of rubbish in the bushes.

I have posted her picture on a "LOST" poster at all my local shops - I am still hoping that, as she is quite friendly and VERY vocal, someone nearby has taken her in. I hope this is the case!

Cataholic
09-06-2003, 08:46 AM
When there seems like there is nothing you can do, you can always pray. I will continue praying for Patches return.

catmandu
09-06-2003, 09:45 AM
The cat angels are combing you neighborhood looking for Patches and hopefully they will see her and guide her home , where she belongs! the worst part is not knowing!!!

jonza
09-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Come on home Patches!

I’ve had cats disappear too, and it really is very worrying. But take heart, they have a different sense of time than we do, and can risk wandering nonchalantly back long after we’ve given up on them.
My old feral cat Minnie was gone for nearly 3 weeks, and Batman, her son went walkabout for over 3 months!
We’re all crossing our fingers and hope she appears again soon.

Fister & john

jenluckenbach
09-25-2003, 06:46 PM
Have you seen any signs of Patches?

moosmom
09-25-2003, 07:31 PM
Ally Cat's Mommy,

I know EXACTLY how you are feeling!! I'm praying that Patches comes home soon!

When Eli fell out of my livingroom window (the screen gave way and he fell 20 feet to the sidewalk) he was missing for 5 days. I was totally beside myself. All I did at work was cry, not knowing where he was was the worst fear!

I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers that Patches finds her way home VERY soon! Please, give us an update if you have one!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-28-2003, 06:30 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers. Sadly, I have no news at all! Patches still missing. I still pray daily that she will come home safe and sound, or that she has found another home. I have put up more "Missing" notices, and also canvassed the neighbors.

I have a really strong feeling that she is somewhere close by, and has found a "real" home where she can live inside......am I just kidding myself??? Sounds strange, and maybe I am just deluding myself, but it's a very strong "vibe" and I believe in those!

Moosmom, I followed little Eli's "adventure" closely, and cried tears of relief when he was found! I was kind of hoping that it would be the start of a "trend" and Patches would turn up too!

There is now another stray in the garden. I have called her "Kissy" - she has a badly deformed mouth and makes kissing noises when she eats. At first I didn't want to feed her or encourage her, in case Patches came back and found her territoty "taken over", but of course I have now relented and am feeding her twice a day!
I'll post a thread about her when I have managed to get a photo of her.

jenluckenbach
09-28-2003, 06:57 AM
Sometimes hope is all you have and maybe she did find a "real" inside home. And I also think you did right by starting to take care of your new stray, after all, sometimes those kitties know JUST where to go. ;)

Cataholic
09-28-2003, 10:33 AM
I will continue to hold Patches safely in my prayers!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Thanks Jen and Cataholic for your support!

moosmom
09-28-2003, 03:35 PM
Ally Cat's Mommy,

Don't EVER give up hope on Patches!! I've heard of cats returning home after weeks, even months! I also don't think that feeding the other stray will keep Patches away. You're doing a great thing by helping out Kissy. Keep up the good work!! I'm still praying for Patches safe return.

((((hugs))))

carole
09-28-2003, 03:50 PM
Yes don't give up hope on Patches, remember the story of the cat that was gone for ten years and safely returned home, maybe your instincts are correct and Patches has found a new loving home, maybe thats why kissy has turned up, things happen for strange reasons unbeknown to us sometimes.

I really hope you have some good news regarding patches soon, fingers and paws crossed here Patches is ok and will return to you soon.,thinking of you.