PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Sorry I Have Been So Busy

CattleDogMom
09-02-2003, 09:11 PM
Hello Pet Talk Folk...

I just wanted to say hello and we're all still around, just real busy.

School is back in session and that seems to take up so much time.

As for Casey, he is doing well. He has his good days and bad days....such as a toddler does. He is learning to calm down and be a good boy, and I think the kids being gone in school all day is helping. All in all, he is turning out to be a nice young man.

There was a time when we had a prowler at the fence and Casey almost turned him into ground meat.

We went for 6 days into the deep mountains where all the roads are dirt and there is no such thing as a sidewalk. I was afraid at first to let him off the leash, but when he saw the other dogs roaming around it was do or die time. He did excellent! He never left our acre property. If he did, it was to greet his other dog-buddies. Not one fight, not one scare. He had a blast and stuck close. He learned to swim in the river and lake. He will fetch a stick in the water for hours!

Well, I just wanted to pop in and say Howdy! Is the October Pet Talk gathering in Nor Cali still on? Unfortunately, my hubby isn't getting his orders to come home until about October 8th, so he will miss it.

Here is a pic of Casey taken yesterday. He is almost 40lbs!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pae6933e13837e9e5a53b56069b7d5c5c/fb3331ba.jpg

Regards, Crystal

GoldenRetrLuver
09-02-2003, 09:36 PM
Hey Crystal! I've been wondering what you've been up too...;) Wow! Casey sure is a handsome boy! and getting so big! :D I'm glad things are working out well for you and him.

Ahhh school.....I just started high school today. Man was I tired! :p I got the classes I wanted though...

I'm not sure if the northern cali PT meeting is still on...if it is, I'll try to convince my parents to take me..;)

Julie

CattleDogMom
09-02-2003, 09:44 PM
Glad to hear your first day went well.

I would be real bummed out if the PT gathering is off.

So, hope everything else is good for you and your fur babies.

Crystal:eek:

binka_nugget
09-03-2003, 02:16 AM
:D YAYY CRYSTAL! I've missed you and casey! I'm glad he's being a good boy...so no more garden digging? :p

RobiLee
09-03-2003, 05:04 AM
Casey is awesome looking! What kind of dog is he? How old is he? Tell me all about him...lol

Robin :)

CattleDogMom
09-03-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
:D YAYY CRYSTAL! I've missed you and casey! I'm glad he's being a good boy...so no more garden digging? :p

Well, he still digs every now and again, but at least it's in certain spots now...LOL

And I didn't get to harvest any of my tomatoes this year because he ate them all.

Crystal:p

CattleDogMom
09-03-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by RobiLee
Casey is awesome looking! What kind of dog is he? How old is he? Tell me all about him...lol

Robin :)

Hi Robin...

Casey is a Queensland Blue Heeler...AKA here in the states Australian Cattle Dog.

We rescued him at 4 months pretty badly hurt and alone. He was also pretty malnourished. He is now 8 months old and almost 40 lbs.

I have noticed he adores children. But he loves them so much when he approaches them they sort of get scared.

For exercise, if we don't go to the bark park, the boys put him on the short leash and get on their scooters and ride him fast. He thinks that's the greatest thing in the world!

He is a loverboy, but also VERY rambunkscious!

Peace, and Take Care, Crystal:)

CathyBogart
09-03-2003, 10:29 AM
I'm SO glad things are starting to work out for you and Casey!! He looks like a happy boy! :)

anna_66
09-05-2003, 02:53 PM
I can't believe how big Casey is getting:eek: Glad to hear all is going well with you and your family:)

Anna

CattleDogMom
09-06-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
I can't believe how big Casey is getting:eek: Glad to hear all is going well with you and your family:)

Anna

He is such a goofball too! He is one of those dogs that will bark at the door if he hears a doorbell on TV or will run to the phone if he hears someone elses ring. He just has a nutty personality.

But, like I said, he has proven he is here to protect his family (herd:D ) if he needs to!

Hope you and your family are good too.

Regards, Crystal

CattleDogMom
09-06-2003, 11:14 AM
My grandparents still want me to give him to a ranch family, but I won't do it! He only get's wild now when 2 things happen:

1. when I havn't paid enough attention to him, which is rare

2. When my grandparents or someone new comes over and he is excited to see them.

They don't realize he loves them and he is happy to see them!

Crystal:eek:

binka_nugget
09-06-2003, 12:18 PM
ohhh casey I want to steal you! lol You bought a crate right? How's it going with that? did it help much?

CattleDogMom
09-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
ohhh casey I want to steal you! lol You bought a crate right? How's it going with that? did it help much?

He whimpers alot. He will do ok if it is in my room for a bit, then he starts to whimper some more. He doesn't seem to mind it as much when it is under the kitchen table though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just had surgery yesterday and right now because it is not hot at all here, he is in the back on his blankie enjoying the breeze. He doesn't understand why he can't be with me today. He did sleep with me last night and his warmth felt so good.

Peace & Love, Crystal

anna_66
09-07-2003, 08:49 AM
Crystal,
you had surgery? For what?

CattleDogMom
09-07-2003, 10:52 AM
Oh Sheesh, well, I am probably making more out of it than it should be, but.....

I had to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed, but it was done in the OR because the 2 bottom ones were on their sides and the roots were twisted around my jaw bone and fused to the jaw.

I don't handle anesthesia well, and vomiting is my body's way of kicking the anesthesia out of my body.....so for the first 24 hours or so I was real sick. Now the vomiting is gone and the pain and swelling has set in and my face is as swollen as a Kennedy's!

Yesterday I took a pain pill, and brought Casey in to nap with me. He nuzzled so close to me. He knows I don't feel good. He is trying so hard to be a good boy. At one point he was being naughty and I tried to yell "Stop It Casey!" He looked at me with this look as if to say "OH Mommy, I am sorry, I forgot." Then he came to me with his ears back (that means submission for him) and wouldn't go sit down until I hugged him as if to say "It's OK"

Isn't that sweet?

Love Crystal

anna_66
09-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Oh wow, that sounds pretty bad. I hope your feeling a little better now. Throwing up is truly the pits:(

Casey, what a sweet little nurse you are being to your mommy:D

CattleDogMom
09-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Oh wow, that sounds pretty bad. I hope your feeling a little better now. Throwing up is truly the pits:(

Casey, what a sweet little nurse you are being to your mommy:D

Well, actually, my nausea and vomiting is back for some reason. This was soooo not worth it for 4 friggin teeth!

Tonya
09-07-2003, 07:42 PM
Hi Cattledog. Welcome back. I am glad to hear that things are going well with Casey. What are the details on the get together? Who, what, when, where?? I may be able to make it.

CattleDogMom
09-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
Hi Cattledog. Welcome back. I am glad to hear that things are going well with Casey. What are the details on the get together? Who, what, when, where?? I may be able to make it.

Hey Tonya...

Well, it was to be the first Saturday of October. If it's just you, no problem, we can do dinner. I was hoping my mate would have his orders to come home by then, but now it won't be until the middle of October, so it will be just us, my kids and the fur-babies.

:D Regards, Crystal

Tonya
09-07-2003, 07:51 PM
That is my brother's birthday weekend, so I need to find out what he is doing first. Odds are that he'll spend it with his friends though. I'll let you know!

CattleDogMom
09-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Okie Dokie Pokie

ramanth
09-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the update and pic of Casey! :D Sounds like things are going great. :)

shais_mom
09-08-2003, 12:36 PM
I have been wondering about you.
I am glad Casey is doing better and so happy you didn't give up on him!
YEA for you!
Sounds like you are doing a great job!
Sorry about your surgery sounds yucky. They say the 3rd day after surgery is the worst so maybe that is why the n/v is back?

Best regards,
Staci

CattleDogMom
09-08-2003, 01:16 PM
UGGHHH! I am so miserable. The pain is excruciating!

ramanth
09-08-2003, 01:41 PM
:( Owie!

I had 7 teeth pulled at one time... so I can relate. *hugs* Hope you feel better soon.

CattleDogMom
09-08-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
:( Owie!

I had 7 teeth pulled at one time... so I can relate. *hugs* Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, I think I'm getting dry sockets and the pain is spiking so I think I'm going to go back in today.

You poor thing! 7 teeth? how many do you have left???

Loves, Crystal

popcornbird
09-08-2003, 03:01 PM
I was thinking where you were! Welcome back!

Amberlee was wondering about the PT meeting you were holding. Perhaps you should PM her. :)

CattleDogMom
09-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Tomorrow is my baby girl kittie's 1st birthday. (Twinkie)

So I think we are going to make her a birthday muffin with a candle and I will take a picture of it and post it in the kittie section.

CattleDogMom
09-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I was thinking where you were! Welcome back!

Amberlee was wondering about the PT meeting you were holding. Perhaps you should PM her. :)

Okie Dokie...

I'm still here....whoever wants to come here for PT Meeting is welcome! I'll be here.

Crystal

ramanth
09-08-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by CattleDogMom
You poor thing! 7 teeth? how many do you have left???

Loves, Crystal
All of them! :D It was my baby teeth they pulled. I had 14 teeth total pulled before they would put me in braces. Including my 12 year molars... (long story)

CattleDogMom
09-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
All of them! :D It was my baby teeth they pulled. I had 14 teeth total pulled before they would put me in braces. Including my 12 year molars... (long story)

Ok, the holes in my mouth are starting to hurt just reading about that....:D

anna_66
09-08-2003, 07:25 PM
Oh Crystal,
I'm sorry your still in so much pain:(
I do hope you feel better real soon!

CattleDogMom
09-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Thank you so much. I will be so happy when I don't have to take this darned Vicodin anymore!

And in the meantime, I'm helping with 3 kids homework, laundry, dinner....ect...:(

I will go to bed EARLY tonight;)

Love Crystal