PDA

View Full Version : Could he be sick??

Logan
09-02-2003, 09:43 AM
I don't know!!!! :o We were gone from Friday until Monday. Butter has been so clingy!!! :eek: He slept beside me all night and is curled up in my lap right now. He's eating, drinking, etc, but I don't know! This is so unlike him!!! :confused: Do I dare believe that he missed me?????????

catmandu
09-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Is is possible that in Butters case that absence did make the heart grow fonder.that is wonderful that he missed ypu , the way that my Cats dis when I went to the Baseball Hall Of Fame!

jenluckenbach
09-02-2003, 09:50 AM
He DID miss you. Enjoy it while you can. He'll revert......hee hee

ScantyNebula
09-02-2003, 10:02 AM
thats so sweet - lucky for you! You're getting extra special treatment! :D

Barbara
09-02-2003, 10:29 AM
Dear Butter,

I agree with you -it can be dangerous to let people know that you love them. They will hug and pet you much more than you like it:D
But from time to time it is ok. Think about it, they aren't too bad, aren't they? And they need some motivation;)

Your friend Filou

HayleyRosie
09-02-2003, 10:29 AM
He missed you. Enjoy it while you can, it may not last long.

catland
09-02-2003, 10:46 AM
when we returned from vacation last April, little miss Jan - aka the female version of Bucky Katt, was so nice to us. She was even nice to Joxer.

It wore off. It always does. So enjoy it now.:)

krazyaboutkatz
09-02-2003, 11:15 AM
That is so sweet. Enjoy it. :)

jazzcat
09-02-2003, 11:19 AM
Sounds like a definite case of him missing you. Ripley acted the same way when we left him for a weekend. He'd practically trip me walking through the house. It lasted a few days and he was soon over it. Enjoy!!

Edwina's Secretary
09-02-2003, 11:20 AM
Dear Buttercup,

Darling...be careful letting them know what a soft heart you really have and how much she means to you! Image you know!

Yours,

Winny

momoffuzzyfaces
09-02-2003, 12:04 PM
Did you check to see if anything was broken? No, not on Butter. In the house. If nothing appears broken and no acts of mischief can be found, he is certainly suffering from "missed mom syndrome".:D

Logan
09-02-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Did you check to see if anything was broken? No, not on Butter. In the house. If nothing appears broken and no acts of mischief can be found, he is certainly suffering from "missed mom syndrome".:D

I'll tell you what I did check, Connie, and that is the door to the Cockatiel (aka Zippity do Dah room) room!!! Thankfully, it was soundly shut!!!! :)

2kitties
09-02-2003, 01:21 PM
Sounds like he missed his meowmie:) Cherish it, my boys are so self absorbed (they're teenagers) they could care less if I'm there or not, so long as the food doesn't stop:rolleyes:

rg_girlca
09-02-2003, 03:16 PM
Aww can you feel the love. Enjoy it while you can.

slick
09-02-2003, 03:25 PM
So he's "buttering up" is he?? HA HA.....

That's so sweet. I don't go away at all so I can only imagine what that's like, although, when I'm home on a day off Speckles follows me everywhere, especially into the bathroom. She sees the "sitting down on the toilet" position as a definite petting opportunity.

Cataholic
09-02-2003, 03:31 PM
Butter certainly missed you! Mine do it..but, my mom's ignore her when she has been away...nothing stranger than the kitties, eh?

Rachel
09-02-2003, 06:56 PM
Careful, Butter, you don't want to ruin the image you have taken so long to cultivate. You know the girls can be attracted to those *bad boys*.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-03-2003, 04:03 PM
My cat sitter told me that as the kitties get older, they are more stressed out over their owners' absences, which I translated into - as they get older they miss you more. :D

I've really noticed this with Peanut lately. Even when we're gone just overnight, she is really clingy for a day or two, then she's back to her old stand-offish self. She used to be stand-offish all the time, but now seems to really miss us. We were gone over the holiday weekend and this morning Terry had to head out of town, so poor little Peanut was yowling for us and I hadn't even left yet!

So like somebody else mentioned, enjoy it while you can because he'll be back to his old ways soon enough...until you go away again. :D

Kirsten
09-03-2003, 04:14 PM
I'm sure he missed you! :) Lucky you! :)

Luna totally ignored me when I was away for the weekend - but Lily was a real cuddle baby! :)

Kirsten