PDA

View Full Version : domain names

07-26-2001, 04:06 PM
Hi everyone,

I am considering registering a domain name for the site I made. I want to bounce some names off of you all and get your suggestions. Here are 4 that are available:

pet-spotlight.com
4-leggegworld.com
avenueofpets.com
doggieavenue.com

-------------------

Any thoughts? I have also considered making a site for the cats too ... once the dog one is fairly complete. Those first two domain's were picked with the thought of making a dog and cat site combined... in other words just adding a cat page. But I might just do a whole different site...not sure. They would be linked though. These are just ideas for now... it will be a lot of work so I have to make sure that if I take on this task that I can follow thru.

I'm hoping by actually setting up a domain I can get more people to view the site and I can make it look more professional. So, for now, just help me with the domain names... if you would please :) Thanks :)

ShepherdLover
07-26-2001, 04:10 PM
Could you please explain what the site is going to be like? I'd love to help you, but I don't know what it's going to be like!

07-26-2001, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by ShepherdLover:
<STRONG>Could you please explain what the site is going to be like? I'd love to help you, but I don't know what it's going to be like!</STRONG>

Oops, sorry. I guess I should have mentioned that. It will be exactly what the site is now. Have you had a chance to see the site I put together for everyone? Here it is if you haven't Http://currans262.homestead.com/pettalk.html

I would work with my friend to hopefully just transfer the current site to the new domain. Not sure if that's possible. If not I would start over but all of the elements would be the same and all of the current pages would remain as well.

Here are a few more I just found available. Please excuse the lameness of a few... I am pulling at threads here trying to find a good name :eek:

Dogbrigade.com
Caninecaboose.com
caninecapital.com

07-26-2001, 04:27 PM
Okay, this could be a winner... we have to be fair and give them all a shot. How about
gottalovedogs.com

That seems to be the fav here at work. I still want suggestions though and votes on your favs :)

Rottieluver45
07-26-2001, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by doggiemom:
[QB]Okay, this could be a winner... we have to be fair and give them all a shot. How about
gottalovedogs.com

--------------

that`s a good name!!

jackiesdaisy1935
07-26-2001, 04:37 PM
I love the name "gottalovedogs.com"
Angel, you have more energy than 10 people. :D :D :D :D

aly
07-26-2001, 04:54 PM
I like doggieavenue.com

3-greys-and-a-mutt
07-26-2001, 06:28 PM
I like both doggieavenue and gottalovedogs!
By the way, I plan to send you pics of my four dogs for your fabulous site, and one pic to add to the rainbow bridge page! I just have to sit down and do some scanning some evening!

ilovehounds
07-26-2001, 07:01 PM
gottalovedogs.com is the one I like best
:D and if I haven't told you already the site is amazing.

purrfectpaws
07-26-2001, 09:04 PM
I like the name "gottalovedogs.com too!!! I thinks it's going to be your winner.

Daisy's Mom
07-26-2001, 11:42 PM
I love gottalovedogs.com too. You just gotta!!!

Dixie Belle
07-26-2001, 11:53 PM
I'm leaning toward gottalovedogs.com. It just fits! :D

Gio
07-27-2001, 04:20 AM
Angel,

I like both doggieavenue and gottalovedogs, but these names would fit if you decide to build a different site for the cats (I think having something for the cats as well is a marvellous idea...and if I can be of any help don't hesitate even if, to be really honest, my knowledge on the matter is practically non-existant).

If you think to have one page for both dogs and cats then I like avenueofpets.

Thanks a lot Angel for all you do, we really appreciate this.

shais_mom
07-27-2001, 06:11 AM
I like doggieavenue.
Angel, did you see my posting on Rainbow Bridge on how to get the clicky on your address in your signature?
I tried it w/ my webshots and it worked for me.
Add to the front of it and to the end of it. It should work for you.
Awesome job on the site!!!

Tanya&Fritz
07-27-2001, 07:52 AM
I like doggieavenue and gottalovedogs!

RachelJ
07-27-2001, 08:56 AM
I think doggieavenue would be the most descriptive of the site.

07-27-2001, 11:09 AM
Well, thank you all for your input. Everyone I talked to really like gottalovedogs. Honestly, that is my favorite too. The runner up was of course, doggieavenue.

So, hopefully in about 2 hours I will own that domain!! YAY!!!

Now, help me think of one for the kittie babies!

So far all I could come up with is:

FelineFans.com
FelineFanfair.com
**** ItsACatsWorld.com*** (personal fav)

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: doggiemom ]

jackiesdaisy1935
07-27-2001, 01:24 PM
I don't have any cats but I love
itsACATSWORLD.com that gets my vote, that is if I get to vote for the cat page. :D

07-27-2001, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by jackiesdaisy1935:
<STRONG>I don't have any cats but I love
itsACATSWORLD.com that gets my vote, that is if I get to vote for the cat page. :D</STRONG>

Of course you get to vote..... :D! EVERY VOTE COUNTS.....!

CoraNewf
07-27-2001, 02:57 PM
Angel!

Wonderful site!!! When you posted your first list of possible names, I immediately liked doggieavenue.com

However, there's just something about gottalovedogs.com that is irresistable! ;)

Annie

purrfectpaws
07-27-2001, 03:07 PM
WOW, love those Newfie's !! There is something about Newfoundlands that are just absolutely gorgeous. Very prestigous looking and grand.

purrfectpaws
07-27-2001, 03:11 PM
Angel, how about "CatScratchFever.com
Just for all the youngens out there, this was a very popular song back in the day :) :)
I have a cat too and look forward to seeing that when it's completed. Hope no one has taken offense to my signature....
"Dogs come when they're called...
...cats take a message and get back to you!"

Very true though!!
Purrfectpaws

07-27-2001, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by purrfectpaws:
<STRONG>Angel, how about "CatScratchFever.com
Just for all the youngens out there, this was a very popular song back in the day :) :)
I have a cat too and look forward to seeing that when it's completed. Hope no one has taken offense to my signature....
"Dogs come when they're called...
...cats take a message and get back to you!"

Very true though!!
Purrfectpaws</STRONG>

catscratchfever.com is already takem :( BUT I LOVED IT! I will have to see if there is a site that still exists under that name... :)

aly
07-27-2001, 05:14 PM
I think FelineFans.com is good.

ownerof3dogs
07-27-2001, 08:04 PM
I like FelineFans.com and Gottalovedogs.com

Dixie Belle
07-27-2001, 11:53 PM
I like FelineFans.com. And yes, I will be sending pictures when you get the cat site up. Will you have a Rainbow Bridge page there too?

07-28-2001, 12:27 PM
When the cat page is set up it will be modeled just like the dogs. It will include all the same elements include Rainbow Bridge too. But, the dog page may take a lot of time setting up so don't look for the cat page anytime soon :( But, it will come..... :)

shais_mom
07-28-2001, 07:13 PM
Sorry Angel, your address didn't work :confused: :confused: :confused:
I don't know why, it did for mine, I am going to pass it to someone who know's what they are doing!!! :( :( :(

aly
07-28-2001, 09:09 PM
It doesn't work because there is a typo. She put this: [url[http://currans262.homestead.com/pettalk.html[/url]

see the first url is [url[ and should be [url]

shais_mom
07-28-2001, 10:11 PM
Glad someone else saw it instead of me, so I am not a total fruitloop!!

07-28-2001, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by aly:
<STRONG>It doesn't work because there is a typo. She put this: [url[http://currans262.homestead.com/pettalk.html[/url]

see the first url is [url[ and should be [url]</STRONG>

Oh Crud,... I didn't proof it when i was done... didn't even notice... It should work now. :)

Except now my pics don't show up??? Why is that?

[ July 28, 2001: Message edited by: doggiemom ]

aly
07-29-2001, 12:29 AM
I can still see your pics. Are they still not showing up for you?

Thats weird!!!!! After I posted a reply, I couldn't see the pics anymore.

[ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]

shais_mom
07-29-2001, 12:38 AM
I think that webshots must have been down for awhile ciz alot of pics weren't showing up.
But Angel's doesn't even look like it was there at all :(
I am glad we finally got it sorted out!!! Now we always have a link to the page!!