PDA

View Full Version : What movies do you HATE?

allanimalswelcome
09-01-2003, 06:12 PM
We all have those we hate.

1.ANY DISNEY MOVIE
2.Harry Potter and the Sorceres Stone
3.Big Trouble
4.Pluto Nash (Why oh Why did I bother to see this awful move!?)
5.Spice World

There's more I just can't think of any right now

~Rachel

RubyMutt
09-01-2003, 06:15 PM
'Children of the Corn' <- lame :p
'Maid in Manhatten' <- BLECH!! :rolleyes:
'The Stand' <- it scared me to death when I was younger and I refuse to watch it again! ... I'm pathetic

You hate Disney movies?!? :eek: Oh my goodness, I love them :D

allanimalswelcome
09-01-2003, 06:17 PM
Oh and I forgot to say

ANY MOVIE CONTAINING JENNIFER LOPEZ SHOULD NOT COME WITHEN 30FT OF ME IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.

I CANNOT stand Jennifer Lopez.

~Rachel

wolf_Q
09-01-2003, 06:18 PM
A.I.

slleipnir
09-01-2003, 06:24 PM
Disney movies?! I like love every disney movie lmao :x:x

I duno what movies I hate..cant think of anything

Kfamr
09-01-2003, 06:29 PM
HOW could you hate Disney movies?!?! You're insane.

I hated My big fat greek wedding, Selena, & The modern romeo and juliet.

mugsy
09-01-2003, 06:36 PM
I don't like movies with Jim Carrey (except Bruce Almighty) and Bruce Willis (except the Siege). I don't like the movies based on Stephen King's book, they don't translate well to the big screen....better when left to the imagination.

KayAnn! You didn't like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding?" OMG, I thought that was hysterical! Mike even liked it! lol

I can't stand action movies either. Mike and I don't agree often on movies. He has all the DVDs. I watch maybe 4 or 5 and we have about 60! lol

dukedogsmom
09-01-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by allanimalswelcome
Oh and I forgot to say

ANY MOVIE CONTAINING JENNIFER LOPEZ SHOULD NOT COME WITHEN 30FT OF ME IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.

I CANNOT stand Jennifer Lopez.

~Rachel
Amen sister!! You mean, J Ho?
And The Stand is one of my favorite books and movies.
I haven't seen it but the previews for one of the movies I hate was enough:
Dumb and Dumber

Kater
09-01-2003, 06:39 PM
Groundhog Day. Ahhhhhhhhh! :rolleyes:

CathyBogart
09-01-2003, 06:41 PM
Event Horizon was the worst movie I've ever seen.

allanimalswelcome
09-01-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
HOW could you hate Disney movies?!?! You're insane.

I hated My big fat greek wedding, Selena, & The modern romeo and juliet.

I hate them and I'm proud of it! Every movie is so MAGICAL and HAPPY minus the stupid delimas that the charecters face.

Forgot Bruce Almighty...terrible terrible movie...

J Ho....LOL I'll member that:D

~Rachel

Kfamr
09-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by mugsy

KayAnn! You didn't like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding?" OMG, I thought that was hysterical! Mike even liked it! lol

I thought it was so retarded lol.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-01-2003, 06:55 PM
Coneheads... I share the same hatred for that movie as Anne does... lol
And some western movies, and some war/army movies.

Dogz
09-01-2003, 06:58 PM
I can't believe you hate Disney movies! I love them too!:D I can't think of any movies that I hate.

primabella
09-01-2003, 07:00 PM
I LOVE Disney movies! :D They're magical and happy? That's what I love about them! Why watch a movie like Armageddon (just an example) where you'll fear or worry about the charactars all the time? I like watching movies, knowing everything will turn out well at the end. Plus they're funny. I always enjoyed them, but then again I grew up with The Little Mermaid PJ's and The Lion King stickers on my wall. :D

I hated Crossroads but it's a great movie to watch if you feel like dissing Britney. :p I also hated Maid in Manhattan and sappy movies like that. They are too predictible. Also don't even think about getting me to watch a movie about spirits and curses. I'm terrified of tha stuff! :o :o

I thought Selena was nice. A bit long though.

carole
09-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Maid In Manhattan was the usual boring, predictable stuff, only thing I enjoyed about it was the devine fine Ralph Finnes, was that his name, lead actor?

ChloeLove
09-01-2003, 07:25 PM
I thought I was the only one in the WORLD who didn't like My Big Fat Greek Wedding!! :eek: I didn't like it, it wasn't that funny. People made a big deal over it, and said it was hilarious, but I dunno, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

I am kind of getting sick of LOTR. My dad and brother watch it literally at LEAST once a day. It's a good movie, but not when you've seen it every day of your life since it came out. ;) And not that we have the Two Towers...:rolleyes: :p I don't mind THAT much. How can I when Orlando is in it?? *drools*

The Cat Factory
09-01-2003, 10:37 PM
The Ring
Feardotcom
Reign Of Fire
Spider-Man

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-02-2003, 01:20 AM
I REALLY didn't enjoy Lord of the Rings - in fact I slept through most of it - it was just SOOOOO boring!

I absolutly detest Me Myself & Irene (actually most Jim Carey movies except The Truman Show and Liar Liar)......

Also really didn't like Vanilla Sky or Eyes Wide Shut - which was a dissapointment 'cos I fell in love with Tom Cruise in Risky Business and Top Gun (Gosh - I'm getting old)

Movies I could watch over and over again......

Gone with the Wind (even my 14 year old son watched the dvd with me - and much to my surprise he actually enjoyed it!)

Four Weddings & a Funeral

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Shipping News

American Beauty

From Dusk Till Dawn

Jerry McGuire

Bridget Jones' Diary

Former User
09-02-2003, 01:54 AM
Vanilla Sky. I just didn't get it. After the movie my husband I were thinking that what the heck was the idea of that movie? :confused:

Ally Cat's Mommy, I also love Bridget Jones' Diary, even got the tape :D

popcornbird
09-02-2003, 02:30 AM
You hate Disney Movies?!?! :eek: And Harry Potter? :eek::eek: Those are my FAVORITES! LOL! How could you hate Lion King, and 102 Dalamations, and ALL those cute Disney movies? I love them! :p

I hate Lord of the Rings though. :p

RobiLee
09-02-2003, 02:48 AM
I love all these movies also. I haven't seen Shipping News. I'll have to check it out. I also love Notting Hill and As Good As It Gets.

Movies I could watch over and over again......

Gone with the Wind (even my 14 year old son watched the dvd with me - and much to my surprise he actually enjoyed it!)

Four Weddings & a Funeral

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Shipping News

American Beauty

From Dusk Till Dawn

Jerry McGuire

Bridget Jones' Diary [/B][/QUOTE]

IttyBittyKitty
09-02-2003, 06:13 AM
I'm with the whole keep J Lo off the movie screen sentiment. Tell her to stick at what she's good at, like singing. No wait, she's bad at too. Um, shaking her tootsie and divorcing her husbands!

I really hated Ben Hur . So boring.

allanimalswelcome
09-02-2003, 06:21 AM
I guess it's the songs that really want me to tear my hair out. I can't listen to them screech for two seconds before wanting to find the nearest exit FAST.

I don't Hate the second Harry Potter movie. I find it hard to believe that they can do a good job on keeping the book with the movie with the second one(which is a longer book) but can do just a crap job on the first one.

They were better off having Speilburg as the director

~Rachel

allanimalswelcome
09-02-2003, 06:23 AM
Hey that's odd you like hating Disney and HP1 and hate Lord of the Rings.

I hate Disney and HP1 and like Lord of the Rings..

~Rachel

babolaypo65
09-02-2003, 06:40 AM
Okay, here's my two cents. Hope I don't offend anyone

Anything with Jim Carrey
Anything with Adam Sandler
Notting Hill
Blair Witch Project

movies that I thought were over rated:
Big fat Greek Wedding (cute but not the best)
As Good as it Gets (1dimensional characters)

primabella
09-02-2003, 08:01 AM
My Big Fat Greek Wedding was okay. I wouldn't watch it again though. The only part I liked was with the father and his Windex. :p The movie was over rated.

I hated Notting Hill and I only saw 10 minute sof it. I couldn't take it anymore. Vanilla Sky. I was like what the hell is going on throughout the whole movie. So stupid. :rolleyes:

Tell her to stick at what she's good at, like singing. No wait, she's bad at too. Um, shaking her tootsie and divorcing her husbands!

Lol IBK :D So true.

cloverfdx
09-02-2003, 08:34 AM
hate LOTR *nods* it just did not interest me one bit *ok i only watched 10 minutes* every time my cousins come to visit they fight over what DVD to put on :rolleyes:

also cannot stand anything with jim carrey, and JLo. i detest bruce almighty

but love anything with Britany Murphy and Wynona Ryder *they rock* so of course i am crazy about Girl Interupted:D

Logan
09-02-2003, 08:50 AM
I don't watch many movies :o , but one that sticks out in my mind that I hated and I walked out of was "Face Off" with Nicholas Cage and John Travolta. I like both of those actors, but HATED that movie!!!!

RubyMutt
09-02-2003, 08:52 AM
:eek: So many LOTR haters!! Sad... ;)

I remembered another movie that I thought was horrible....
THE HULK!! :p
I was so excited to see it, very dissappointing :(

ScantyNebula
09-02-2003, 09:13 AM
I do not recommend this movie to ANYBODY:

Dreamcatcher

I paid ten dollars to see it in the theatre and its just as well I burned the money

Don't click on this link (http://dreamcatchermovie.warnerbros.com/cmp/main-fr.html)

Desert Arabian
09-02-2003, 11:03 AM
Orange County (OMG- can't believe I wasted money to see it)
Daredevil
Harry Potter- all of them
ET
A lot of Disney movies (too many to list)
And I have more but I can't think of them at the moment.

(I love love love love love love love love LOTR- I could watch it 2 times a day everyday! :p )