PDA

View Full Version : A Walk To Remember

slleipnir
09-01-2003, 06:04 PM
I know its an older movie, but has anyone seen it? I just saw it on TV (I've seen it before a few times) It's so good..the best and worst part about it, I think, is how its so realistic..like, instead of her amazingly getting better and them living forever happy, she dies, which is what you see so much in everyday life..I like how they had that but I thought it sucked she died :( No fair..but thats how life is, right..lol it's such a tear jerker..either that or I'm just a baby, I cry in so many movies..lmao

Kfamr
09-01-2003, 06:06 PM
THE BEST (beside the lion king) movie EVER.

I loved the play scene. I listen to that song over and over.

aly
09-01-2003, 06:16 PM
I can't watch depressing movies or they'll make me sad for a year. I did try to watch this movie but turned it off when she was in bed dying :(

dukedogsmom
09-01-2003, 06:38 PM
Here's another really good old movie: Splendor in the Grass. I haven't seen the one you mentioned, though.

Kater
09-01-2003, 06:43 PM
It's a pretty good movie. I don't like how she is supposed to be a "typical" priest's daughter....it perpetuates that stereotype. As a priests daughter myself, I get frustrated (!!!) by the stereotype! So that's my main gripe.

Dogz
09-01-2003, 07:06 PM
I haven't seen it before, I will have to watch it.:)

primabella
09-01-2003, 07:08 PM
I liked the movie until they started dating seriously...then I thought it was too sappy. But that's just me. I didn't cry, just felt bad for her.

Maybe I would have liked it better if my sister hadn't made me watch it with her a million times. (A little obsessed with Shane West :rolleyes: )

ChloeLove
09-01-2003, 07:30 PM
I cry every time I see that movie. It starts at the Virgin Mary part, then I can't stop. :p Oh, Kater, I know how you feel with stereotypes. I am 'the teacher's daughter' and am supposed to be some kind of a genious, which couldn't be further from the truth. :rolleyes: I still remember when I was in 2nd grade, I was annoying my babysitter (:p) and she told me to read, and of course, 'I didn't wanna!" so she said a list of books, all of them I read because they were in my pile that I already read, and her friend was like, "Of course she read all the books. She's a teacher's daughter, what do you expect?" :( I still haven't forgotten. Stuff like that has happened a lot through the years. And I'm sure everyone says "She's the priests daughter, she HAS to be perfect." :rolleyes:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-01-2003, 07:34 PM
I start crying when he finds out she has lukemia, and he is driving to his dad's and he starts crying, oh boy, then the tears flow when he finds out his dad paid for home care, and they are all bawling.. holy cow, I have seen in like 50 times and I cry every time.

*is a wuss*

Kater
09-01-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by ChloeLove
And I'm sure everyone says "She's the priests daughter, she HAS to be perfect." :rolleyes:

EXACTLY! I mean, heaven forbid a swear word slip from my lips when I stub my toe! "But you can't swear, you're a priest's daughter!" Geesh. :rolleyes:

P.S. And before anyone asks... My father is an Episcopalian priest, (not Catholic) so yes he can be married and have a family.

binka_nugget
09-01-2003, 09:06 PM
EEEE I LOVED THAT MOVIE! The first time I saw it, I tried holding back the tears because I was with a friend and I have a sort of 'rep' for being tough lol. Then I saw it again for the 5th or 6th time at camp. I couldn't help myself and started balling my eyes out in front of 5 other people. I find the book an even bigger tearjerker for me. Kudos to Mandy Moore for not even coming close to the horrible acting job of Brit and Mariah.

Kfamr
09-01-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
Kudos to Mandy Moore for not even coming close to the horrible acting job of Brit and Mariah.

Brit... Mariah... Don't forget J. Ho!

primabella
09-02-2003, 07:54 AM
Oh God Brit and Mariah CAN'T ACT!! I am SO sorry I watched 'Glitter'. And Jennifer, well she is really starting to get on my nerves. :rolleyes:

I also thought Mandy did a good job in acting. She can have a career in music and acting. That's good.

ScantyNebula
09-03-2003, 07:20 AM
I bought that movie a while back ... I think I cried more to that movie than I did watching Titanic or Braveheart for the first time! Right from the part where she told him she had leukemia to the credits! So I was basically bawling my eyes out for half the movie. Definetely the saddest movie I have EVER watched .. and I've seen a lot of movies. Another sad one is "Here on Earth" with Leelee Sobeiski and Oz from American Pie.. it was good.

Of all the cloned pop singers that are out now, I think Mandy Moore is actually one of the ones I can listen to .. she is staying away from being a skank - I like that. ;) Her new movie How To Deal was great too.

binka_nugget
09-03-2003, 09:23 AM
I haven't seen how to deal yet...I've been wanting to but I don't know if it's still out lol. :D She has a new cd coming out October 21st I think :D I can't wait.