PDA

View Full Version : Boats

allanimalswelcome
09-01-2003, 12:34 PM
Just wondering if anyone owns one. When I turn 16 instead of getting a driving lisence I'm getting a boating one. The I'll have to save my money to actually buy one. I'm planning to become a Marine Biologist and specialize if studying cetaceans (whales, dolphins, porpoises). I'd love to have my own boat to go out on the water as much as I can to see them.

~Rachel

isis
09-01-2003, 12:38 PM
We have one.It's blue,and the name is Bite me(my mom named it).It's not very big though.We took Sully out on it oneday,He hated it!:p That was last time we ever did that.:) We went out on it to see the fireworks for the 4th of July.:D That was the only time this summer though.:cool:

allanimalswelcome
09-01-2003, 12:47 PM
Cool!

When I was waiting for our whale watch boat to come into the docks I saw this supper cool boat. I took a picture of it so when the time comes around to go shopping for one I'll know what I want:)

~Rachel

Barbara
09-01-2003, 12:57 PM
We have a small wooden sailing dinghi on a lake here but we love it very much:)

If I had to do it again I would study marine biology and I would love to spend part of my working time on a boat on the sea:)

allanimalswelcome
09-01-2003, 01:12 PM
I love being out on the water. It's so peaceful even if the salt from the water makes my hair smell like mayo.:D

My next trip will be where we were before-Off of Gloucester. Hopefully I'll see some Atlantic White Sided Dolphins.

I'd also like to go west Vancouver Island in March or April to see the Gray Whales. That would be great.

Dobiegirl24
09-01-2003, 02:52 PM
my dad has a boat, just a small speed boat. but we might be getting a bigger one with a cabin, :)