PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! I'm a biker chick now!

ILoveReptiles
09-01-2003, 12:28 PM
My BF & I just passed our motorcycle safety course this week, now all I have to do is go to the DMV, pass the written test, and shell out some $ for a liscense...

I have a friend who may be able to hook me up with a 500cc Suzuki Cruiser... yahoo!

:)

neko1
09-01-2003, 02:31 PM
Congratulations!!!:)

Toby's Mommy
09-01-2003, 02:45 PM
Wow! Cool!!!:D

ChloeLove
09-01-2003, 03:12 PM
Awesome!! :D Congratulations. :)

RICHARD
09-01-2003, 03:49 PM
wear a helmet, jacket, heavy shoes.....

congrats!

KYS
09-01-2003, 04:06 PM
posted by RICHARD:wear a helmet, jacket, heavy shoes.....>>>>>

Richard, You took the words right out of my mouth.
I will add, make it a "leather" jacket and "leather" pants!

dukedogsmom
09-01-2003, 07:02 PM
Got any tatoos?

Fuzzy317
09-01-2003, 07:11 PM
Congratulations on getting your motorcycle permit. When I ride, I wear my helmet, long pants, shoes/boots, a leather motorcycle jacket, and a bright orange vest so I get noticed more. Be extra careful on a motorcycle, because you are less noticable to other drivers. Talk to your BF about riding responsible and not letting your egos make you ride above your riding skills. For me, riding a motorcycle changed my outlook on the world.

Please be very careful.

ILoveReptiles
09-01-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Got any tatoos?

Hee hee - no I don't have any tattoos.

Thanks everyone, for your responses and concern. I took the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course (MSF), and they went over the importance of proper gear, the risks, etc.

I'm fully aware of the dangers - my parents also talked to me for a while - especially my dad, as he used to ride a motorcycle, about how dangerous it can be, and that any mistakes are not good.

I also know I will NEVER be going on a highway with any bike I have. If I can't get to a place on back roads, I'll either not go, or put the bike on a trailer and take it to where I want to ride.

:)

micki76
09-01-2003, 08:32 PM
Chester wants to know if he can ride with you?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p866f7e1df1a9c2b45b01f34131115232/fc0b790b.jpg

dukedogsmom
09-01-2003, 08:48 PM
That is so cute!

ILoveReptiles
09-01-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Chester wants to know if he can ride with you?

Awww!!! Of course he can... as soon as I get skilled enough to ride with a passenger... :)

Oh and he'll need a better helmet than that.. ;) And gloves too - and some long pants! :)

KYS
09-01-2003, 10:13 PM
posted by micki76: Chester wants to know if he can ride with you?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p866f7e1df1a9c2b45b01f34131115232/fc0b790b.jpg [/B][/QUOTE] >>>>>>

LOL! Chester is to cute!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-02-2003, 01:40 AM
Yay Congrats...

Bikes are the best, but make sure to be very careful - a lot of drivers just aren't "bike aware" - if it's smaller than a car they just dont see it!!!

When my hubby and I started riding again after a 10 year break we went on an advanced riding course with BMW, that taught evasive manoevers, emergency braking etc, and it was really worth the time and money (plus we get a reduction in our insurance because we are certified advanced riders).

Chinadoll
09-02-2003, 11:01 AM
Congrats!!!

Joey said he was buying two things when he gets back from his deployment overseas...an engagement ring for me and a bike. Well, he doesn't know it yet, but his Dad just bought a Harley and also bought Joey a gorgeous red Honda Shadow. His Dad has them both signed up for that motorcycle safety course in October. I can't wait to see Joey's face when he sees the surprise his Dad has for him. He's going to be estatic!

edit to add: I agree about wearing the helmet, jacket, pants etc.... I just can't belive when I see people riding bikes with no helmet, shorts, a tank top and flip flops. I don't care how safe you are when riding...it's mostly other cars that don't see you that you have to watch for.

Side note: Our illustrious governor for Louisiana lobbied and won for a law where it's not a requirement to wear a helmet when riding a bike. Yet, he just passed a law where it's now a requirement for all passengers in the backseat of a car to wear a seatbelt. ummm Hello! What's more dangerous?!

RICHARD
09-02-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by KYS

Richard, You took the words right out of my mouth.
I will add, make it a "leather" jacket and "leather" pants! [/B]

lol,

i don't 'do' leather biker wear....Aerostitch for me!!!

one thing that i remember from my driver's training course was the teacher telling us...

"Most of you guys will buy a motorcycle and show up at a GF's house ready to take her for a ride.

Most of you will have her jump on in a pair of shorts, flip flops and a tank top.....

Even if you go around the block you may have an accident....and should you have an accident remember, no one likes a scarred woman."

and when i took my MC test there was a guy giving it........when MY turn came a woman took over...
I thought, 'a lady.....she won't be so tough...'

she wanted third gear wheelies, standing on the seat at 50 MPH, and that knee dragging thing that
Kenny Roberts Jr. does.......

I earned my license that day....
:eek:

KYS
09-02-2003, 06:32 PM
posted by Chinadoll: Side note: Our illustrious governor for Louisiana lobbied and won for a law where it's not a requirement to wear a helmet when riding a bike. >>>>>

Seeing a MC rider in an accident who was not wearing a helmet
is not a very pretty sight. :(

So Richard, aren't you glad you had to work a bit
harder for the class 4 licence. hehehe
Third gear wheelies at 50 mhp.
SURE YOU DID!! lol

RICHARD
09-02-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by KYS

So Richard, aren't you glad you had to work a bit
harder for the class 4 licence. hehehe
Third gear wheelies at 50 mhp.
SURE YOU DID!! lol

while draggin my knee!!!!

;)

actually this was in Year One.

you had to drive a straight line and go up thru the gears and come back the same way. Do a cone slalom and a 'key hole' circuit coming and going.

that was it!!!

what are the MC license requirements in other states?