PDA

View Full Version : Geocities...

Kfamr
08-31-2003, 07:50 PM
Does anyone here use Geocities?

I really want to update Simba's website but everytime I go to use Geocities it won't let me. It says something aobut Java. I've downloaded it many times. Anyone know how I can get it working? Thanks.

dukedogsmom
08-31-2003, 07:52 PM
Check the Java settings on your computer. Make sure you have Java enabled. I had a site a long time ago that I used and I can still access it even now. Hope that helps.

Kfamr
08-31-2003, 07:53 PM
How do I enable it?:confused: Thanks!

dukedogsmom
08-31-2003, 08:07 PM
I was in the middle of doing this for you and I got the blue screen of death! It was threatening to dump memory so I had to hurry scramble by the exercise machine and dodge the dog dish to push the reset button. Whew! Ok, go to the top of the browser area and click on the tools word which should be right by help. Then choose internet options. This is what you should see. Click on the advanced tab.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/Javahelp.jpg

primabella
08-31-2003, 08:10 PM
I used to use the geocities pagebuilder but I hated it so I've moved on to HTML codes. Anyways, whenever I would have a problem with Java like this I had to install it again. I never had a problem with enabling it though. Make sure you have it downloaded and installed into your computer. :) Get that site updated! :cool:

Kfamr
08-31-2003, 08:38 PM
It's still not working. I've reinstalled Java and everything :(

dukedogsmom
08-31-2003, 08:41 PM
The only other thing I can think of is to empty your cache. You do that by going to internet options also. Delete all the stuff in the temporary folders and such. If you still have trouble, I can ask my brother what the problem might be.

dukedogsmom
08-31-2003, 09:30 PM
My brother said Java and Javascript are two different things. You might need to update your browser, also. That's another thing to try.

slleipnir
08-31-2003, 09:47 PM
Geocities SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao it doesnt work for me at all..I can't veiw anything on geo...I hate it lol..why not put the page on your kay site?