PDA

View Full Version : Bunnie Baths(again)

Rottieluver45
08-31-2003, 03:18 PM
Is it ok to give Thelmer a bath(her paws are dirty, and it might get rid of some loose hair)? Also, how often?

CathyBogart
08-31-2003, 05:39 PM
It's all right to give a bunny a bath. I used to bathe one of my rabbits once a month or so, I wouldn't recommend any more often than that for fear of drying out her skin.

Use Bunny shampoo if you can find it, or Johnson's baby shampoo if you can't. (Also good for ratties BTW...) If there are any stains in her fur, white vinegar will usually get them out.

Be sure to take some wet bunny pictures for us!!!! :D

Rottieluver45
08-31-2003, 06:08 PM
Thanks wolfchan! I`ll try and take pics if and when I give thelmer a bath. First I have to convince my mother that it`s ok to give bunnies Baths! :D

Aspen and Misty
08-31-2003, 06:21 PM
I'm gonna give Tya a bath in another week or two.

She smells like the shampoo I used to clean her wounds, and man that reaks! So I'm gonna bath her so she at least smells a little good. And before that she smelled like the pet store bunny cage, ewww.

Ash

CathyBogart
08-31-2003, 06:31 PM
If your mom is concerned about bathing her, and her only dirty spot is her feet, you could fill up the tub about an inch or so and just do her paws. Running a damp washcloth over her should help with all the loose fur too! :)

zippy-kat
08-31-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
It's all right to give a bunny a bath. I used to bathe one of my rabbits once a month or so...

I didn't know you had bunnies!

Pics, please! :D

Rottieluver45
08-31-2003, 06:43 PM
You guys are soooo helpful!!!