PDA

View Full Version : OMG I have an interview.....

PayItForward
08-31-2003, 02:41 PM
I have been working at the local health service department for the past three months and I had been out of work for 10 months before I landed this temporary job.

The company needed someone at a moments notice and that is why they took on a temp i.e. Me.

I knew that they would have to recruit the perment job though proper channels, so I have applied for the perment job and I have an interview on Tuesday.

I have to do a 10 minute presentation as part of the interview......Ahhhrr

I have worked very hard for the last three months and I REALLY need and want this job. So please think of me on Tuesday 9:50am (UK Time).

PS. I have had compliments about my work, from 2 of the 3 people who will be on the interview panel, so I think I stand a good chance. I don't know the third person properly.

kimlovescats
08-31-2003, 02:59 PM
It sounds like you have a really good chance. I wish you the best of luck with your presentation and interview!!! Prayers going up for you that all will work out for the best!

;)

PayItForward
08-31-2003, 03:04 PM
Thanks Kim, I think I mentioned before I am quite a worry wart at times.

kimlovescats
08-31-2003, 03:07 PM
Hey, I have long ago claimed the title of "Ms. Worry-Wart Global"
:D :D

PayItForward
08-31-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Hey, I have long ago claimed the title of "Ms. Worry-Wart Global"
:D :D
He He. Well I'll have to be your assistant. :D

TheAntiPam
08-31-2003, 03:19 PM
Best wishes to you for the interview! Job hunting is SO stressful and discouraging. :mad:

But you have a great start on impressing them! If they only knew you were on PetTalk, the job would be YOURS! ;) ;) ;)

Uabassoon
08-31-2003, 03:23 PM
Good luck!

AmberLee
08-31-2003, 03:25 PM
Good luck!

You are in my prayers.

Fingers and paws crossed here for you, too.

jenluckenbach
08-31-2003, 03:43 PM
I have every confidence that you can do well in the interview. You have an upper hand in that you are already (at least somewhat) comfortable there. You can know what you are talking about more so than someone else who has NOT worked there.

I will be thinking of you, but you will be FINE!

Prairie Purrs
08-31-2003, 03:45 PM
Best of luck! Just sneak a few pictures of the cats into that presentation and you'll have it made. ;)

PayItForward
08-31-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by CatsinDenver
Best of luck! Just sneak a few pictures of the cats into that presentation and you'll have it made. ;)
When I went to the Human Resource department to pick up an application form, the HR Manager said 'Oh, you are that cat lady, aren't you'

So it has got around that I HAVE cats.

In fact I was talking to our director about her cat. Her kitty has a reaction to flea bites...poor thing is covered in scabs all summer and she still loves him (Cat people are the best, some people would have got rid of the cat)

She is one of the interview panel, she told me that she was very impressed with my work.

krazyaboutkatz
08-31-2003, 04:10 PM
Good luck with your presentation and interview!!!:) Now that you've learned that one of the people on the interview panel is a cat lover, I'm sure you'll do well. :)

PayItForward
08-31-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
You can know what you are talking about more so than someone else who has NOT worked there.
This is true...You guys are making me feel much better about the interview. :D

koxka
08-31-2003, 04:14 PM
I will be thinking on you.
It's a good think they already know you can do a good work ;)

Miss Meow
08-31-2003, 05:07 PM
Good luck

Good luck

Good luck!

What is your presentation on? I hope it all goes well :)

ChrisH
08-31-2003, 05:19 PM
Wishing you the very best of luck with the presentation and interview.:) I am sure you will do great!:)

PayItForward
08-31-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow

What is your presentation on? I hope it all goes well :)
How Data Sets May Be Analysed to Provide Primary Care Trust’s With Information to Support Health Needs Assessments and Commissioning

Miss Meow
08-31-2003, 05:45 PM
I think you should get the job for just knowing about such a complex topic!!! Good luck :)

jenluckenbach
08-31-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
How Data Sets May Be Analysed to Provide Primary Care Trust’s With Information to Support Health Needs Assessments and Commissioning
HUH?!? :confused: :eek: :o

Well, good luck anyway :rolleyes: :D

bisi.cat
09-01-2003, 03:00 AM
GOOD LUCK!!!
:D :D :D

I know you will be successful with your interview!!!

Please always keep in mind, everyone who can handle a cat herd is able to handle a few humans!!!
;) :) :D
Paws and fingers crossed!!!

Barbara
09-01-2003, 03:27 AM
I have hired people very often and the ones who had already worked with us on a temporary or freelance basis always had the better chances because you simply know much more about them -you know already they won't start from scratch, you know how they fit into the team - and if the person just was not suited I would not take the time to interview her.

So your chances are good and I keep my fingers crossed:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-01-2003, 07:32 AM
I am sure you will do great! And I fully agree with everyone else - you have a much better chance than the other applicants as you are aleady "trained" and they know how you fit in with the team!

09-01-2003, 07:35 AM
Good luck with your presentation!! :)

Killearn Kitties
09-01-2003, 07:46 AM
Good luck!!! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow with my fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

As others have said, you have a very good chance in this interview. There's nothing you can do about the other candidates, but the fact that you are familiar with this place gives you a head start.

I'm not quite sure how you can dazzle in your presentation with that subject, but do your best. :D

PayItForward
09-01-2003, 03:52 PM
Thanks for all the good thoughts & wishes...I certainly need it.

I tried to practice my presentation this evening to Steve and despite knowing the information inside out, I forgot how to construct a sentence. :(

Considering how much I talk normally, this is just laughable.
Oh Well, if the worse comes to the worst my presentation might be over in 3 minutes insteasd of 10 minutes. :)

It will be over tomorrow morning (repeat) :D

Cataholic
09-01-2003, 08:41 PM
Good luck! I know one thing that helps me...is to immediately 'admit' you are nervous. Work it in to your presentation...."One would think after being here 3 months I would'nt be so nervous....but, I am"...then, launch into the topic. Everything will be crossed here.

Felicia's Mom
09-01-2003, 09:08 PM
Good luck with your job interview.:) :)

Vio&Juni
09-02-2003, 03:10 AM
Good luck with the interview. The topic sounds interesting!

Logan
09-02-2003, 08:46 AM
How did it go? Since it is almost 9:50 (eastern time), I'm assuming the whole thing is overwith now for you!!! I hope it went well and I am asssuming it did!!!! :)

Keep us posted!!! :D

Logan

PayItForward
09-02-2003, 12:26 PM
:D
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33505