PDA

View Full Version : Birdie Bunk

Dogz
08-31-2003, 02:31 PM
I got Nelly a birdie bunk, and I was wondering if any of the tiels here have one. I put it in Nelly's cage, and she LOVES it! She loves taking afternoon snoozes in it, and if company comes over(sometimes who are loud:rolleyes: ) she just goes in there and acts like they aren't there lol.;) I tried to get a pic of her in there, but whenever I walk by her cage, she squacks a hello, and climbs to the door. How can you not take out a tiel like that?:D Do any of the tiels out there like thier birdie bunks?

CathyBogart
08-31-2003, 02:35 PM
I don't have a 'Tiel, just wanted to say that that sounds adorable!

Dogz
08-31-2003, 04:22 PM
Thanks!:)

Bump

Foam
08-31-2003, 04:27 PM
Lol! That's too cute ^_^

puppygrrl4eva7
08-31-2003, 05:45 PM
Oh how cute, sounds like Nelly really likes it :DI think you should take a pic of it anyway, just so we can see what it looks like :D

popcornbird
09-01-2003, 02:23 PM
Is this the type of thing you mean?

http://www.petsmart.com/images/product/large/a550855.jpg

Awww Nelly sounds so cute! I honestly think my birds would be afraid of a birdie bunk though. Not sure, but they are scared of anything *tent-ish*.

Just a word of caution:

I've heard that birdie bunks can be dangerous, if the birds nibble on it and some threads get loose, many birds have lost their lives getting their necks caught in the strings. :( This happened to a tiel on the tiel board I go to, and I've read many other stories about it from elsewhere too. The person who posted about her bird's death said she posted there because she wanted to warn other bird owners about the product, and said that she advised to remove the birdie huts from their cages. After I read that, I vowed I would never get the tiels one. They also said that for females, its soft interior can encourage laying eggs, which you wouldn't exactly want. I would advise you to take it out of her cage, and only allow her to play in it under supervision only, and never leave her alone with it. Many birds have lost their lives because of this, only because their owners weren't there when they started messing around with the cloth and got themselves stuck in the loose strings. :( Let us know how it goes! I would love to see a pic of Nelly in it though! :p

Dogz
09-01-2003, 02:56 PM
Thank you for the words of advice.:) I really appreicate it, and I really like the idea of letting her play in it under supervision. The place where I got mine told the stories of some tiels dying because of loose strings, but they said that the fabric that they used was "garunteed" not to fray. I don't know if they just said that because they wanted me to buy it.:confused: I really appreciate all of the advice that you give me on cockatiels, it really helps. Next time that I see her in her birdie bunk, I will most certainly take a pic. (BTW, I have a place to put her birdie bunk, I will take a pic later. She is only in this place under supervision so I think it will work.;))
Thanks everyone!