PDA

View Full Version : Do your pets fight?

isis
08-31-2003, 12:02 PM
Do your pets fight alot?Mie to cats do.Sometimes my cat,Katie,claws my dog.

Uabassoon
08-31-2003, 12:08 PM
My cats play fight all the time. The chase each other and knock each other down and then wrestle for a really long time. But I know that they are just playing.

aly
08-31-2003, 12:15 PM
My Poodle and my cats wrestle, but never fight for real. And my 2 dogs have never fought once. Nor have there been any fights with any of my fosters.

The foster cats do wrestle pretty roughly, but it isn't real fights.

isis
08-31-2003, 12:17 PM
My cats don't really fight!they just play and sometimes they hiss at one another.They would never hurt each other!

Uabassoon
08-31-2003, 12:18 PM
I always think it's funny when I have guests over and Tibby and Corkscrew are wrestling because they get scared and think they are really fighting.

isis
08-31-2003, 12:27 PM
Yea,my cats don't fight when someones over,becauase one of them is really afraid of other peaple.So she just hides under my bed all day.:p Isis,My black cat,Like lives in my room.So when my other cat,Katie,comes in she knows that it's Isis's territory.So she'll never hiss at her when Isis is in my room.:)

babolaypo65
08-31-2003, 02:07 PM
I voted no. They don't really fight. Owen growls at clive when clive goes near his chewie, or if clive gets on the bed, that's about it.

primabella
08-31-2003, 02:22 PM
Rocket & Sky pick on eachother a lot. Like if Rocket is eating, Sky will peck at his tail. She's such a brat. :rolleyes:

Dogz
08-31-2003, 02:36 PM
My pets fight sometimes. Thye are usually just playing.:D Otis and Prince play all the time, but Otis thinks that they are fighting.:rolleyes: Otis think that hes such a machoman.:p "I'm a big dog!";) Once in a while Digger and Chubby growl at each other over territory and stuff. They don't fight thought because they know the "ranking".

isis
08-31-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by primabella
Rocket & Sky pick on eachother a lot. Like if Rocket is eating, Sky will peck at his tail. She's such a brat. :rolleyes:

Thats how Katie is with Isis,Katie wil hiss at Isis when she go's near Katie's food bowl,and she also wac's Isis eat.:)

krazyaboutkatz
08-31-2003, 03:13 PM
My cats play rough and wrestle and bite each other but they're really just playing. Storm doesn't seem to like Cirrus and has been chasing him under my bed several times a day. Sometimes he chases him into my bathroom and he'll stand guard outside the door. If he gets too close to Cirrus then Cirrus will hiss and growl at him. I don't know if it's just a strange game Storm's playing or not. Storm is the alpha cat and very proud of it so he's very proud of himself when he's able to chase Cirrus under the bed.

tikeyas_mom
08-31-2003, 03:53 PM
Tikeya and oscar NEVER fight, Oscar knows Tikeya is boss, and Tikeya thinks Oscar is her baby ;)

allanimalswelcome
08-31-2003, 04:02 PM
We've had some bad incidents with Leo and Patrick. They've mellowed out now and even kiss sometimes (lol). But when they used to fight sometimes it was really bad.

My bunny went after my dog once trying to bite him but both of them were ok and neither started a fight again!

~Rachel

boscibo
08-31-2003, 04:29 PM
My cats never fight, just some wrestling and Hanna has an annoying habit of picking on Abby and Bo - running after them and mock-attacking them.

But the dogs...argh. It has gotten better since they are all older now, but we had major problems before. We have two dogs who think they are dominant (Bandit and Gandy), and even Rocky will get picked on sometimes. So far they haven't hurt each other too severely, but twice one of them had to go get stitches, and once I had to visit the ER because I got in the middle and got bit on the leg. And Abby the cat for some reason thinks she needs to referee the dogs, so whenever there is a fight she comes running. She got bit bad once, it abcessed and she almost died. So now when there is a fight, I know better than to get in the middle of it, I grab Abby and put her somewhere she won't get hurt.

kingrattus
09-01-2003, 12:11 AM
None of my pets can play/fight with eachother. each r in a diff tank/pond/house.
When Axle is walking around he doesn't fight the dog(s).
If my fish were in the same tank, they would kill eachother. & if anything went in their tank it would be attacked,
ex: Mango will kill anything that goes in his tank, he almost bit me once & he has huge teeth for a fish.

Felicia's Mom
09-01-2003, 09:53 AM
My cats fight, but not as bad as I thought (after reading this post).

They used to play fight and chase each other. I haven't noticed them doing that for a while, but I am gone during most of the day.

Cincy'sMom
09-01-2003, 10:49 AM
Our dogs, wrestle, chase, snarl, growl, throw each other into things, roll each other over inthe yard...but never fight! It is all noisy play and as soon as one bites a little too hard, or get s alittle too rough, the other yelps and things stop immediatly. The minute we say "time-out" they stop....and usually all 3 go snuggle on the couch together.

People who don't know them will ask if we are sure they are just playing it sounds so bad sometimes, but they are ;)

micki76
09-01-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
People who don't know them will ask if we are sure they are just playing it sounds so bad sometimes, but they are ;)

I know it really sounds serious around here mostl due to Chester, but it's always play. He does lay down the law though, when it's time to stop playing and it sounds horrible!

09-01-2003, 11:24 AM
I voted yes, but in fact, it is not real fighting! It is more a game, because every fight ends in a snuggle-session :p :) :)

Dakota's Mommy
09-05-2003, 11:25 AM
We've been very lucky, I've never ever had a problem with any of our 3 girls fighting with each other. Yeah, they'll make it known to one another that the other one did something they didn't like, but I've never had one go after one of the others! Guess these girls were meant to be together!

Kfamr
09-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Simba and Nala don't fight.

They play wrestle and things like that but nothing was serious.

Nala knows Simba is DA MAN. She backs off when he's had enough.

ScantyNebula
09-05-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
My cats play fight all the time. The chase each other and knock each other down and then wrestle for a really long time. But I know that they are just playing.

Ditto. My two are the same.