PDA

View Full Version : Heart Break town ( TONS of strays)

Aspen and Misty
08-30-2003, 11:59 PM
:( I hate this place. We are in Conway South Carolina (no I don't like here). I hate being here, it's such a heart brake town.

We were driving home today and I was looking down all the roads and as we come up to a stop light I spot a black lab with the saddest look on his face wondering out into he road. He was so skinny and looked so misserable his head was hung so low I swear it almost touched the ground. His gate was slow also like he had no where to be anywhere soon. :( I felt so bad for him. A car came flying towards him and he saw it and slowl moved out of the way. He didn't even really seem to care about the car to much, like he didn't run away in fright or even get a shocked look on his face, he just kinda moved very very slowly out of the way watching it the whole time.

There are all these strays running around. If you go to Bare foot Landing, which is a large shoppng area, you can spot about 25 cats scrounging for food. When driving down the streets at nights you will spot probly 3 or 4 dogs wandering around. There is a pitt bull/boxer mix who hangs around my sisters place. She says he looks kinda thin, I've never seen him. She says he seems pretty friendly and plays with Sage (my sisters, boyfriends dog). She says she has never pet him incase if he was mean and never allows him and Sage to play for to long because she's not sure of the temperment of him.

I wanna bring him home and show him what a real home is. I want to bring them all home and show them what love is. I feel so bad for them and can't stand seeing them looking so miserable.

And going through the newspaper there is a person who is trying to re-home there older cat who has a disability. Why? Because there moving. What happens to the cat if it doesn't get adopted? It's going to be killed :(

Like I said, this is just a big Heart brake town and the poor animals are suffering misserably. If I had enough money I would build a no kill shelter and save them all. ::sigh:: Maybe when I'm older :(

Ash

dukedogsmom
08-31-2003, 07:27 PM
Unfortunately, it's like that everywhere. I've taken a lot of stray dogs to animal control. Though it killed me to do it, that's much better than them being victims to traffic and to the horrible human race.