PDA

View Full Version : OMG I got an early christmas gift!!!!

kingrattus
08-30-2003, 09:27 PM
Well my dad is moving 2000km away, to PEI to live with his mother to help care for her until she passes (many years from now), now that he is retiring on Oct.

Dad is hurting already & doesn't really want to go because he doesn't want to leave me & my sister behind. I told him its best because grandma can't cook any more (forgets the stove is on), but shes very independent besides that & shes smart too.

His brother said he'll fly my sister & I down for special hollidays (for free, hes rich & loves all all dearly). & His elderly neighbour said dad is free to stay in her spair room if he wants to come back down for a week or so.

Back to the origional story, Dad bought me a 17inch computer MONITOR!!!!!!!! He said he bought it for me because:
1. he knows my old one is horrible & I can't play games on it because the resulation is super poor (over 10 yrs old).
2. he said we wont be together for christmas this year & he wants me to be happy before he leaves.

Today was the first time I hugged dad in years & I hugged him soooo hard I think I almost scared him.

He also made me run a block to get the truck & DRIVE it back to the comp store ALONE!!! I've never driven alone before... I got such a high off it I felt like the King of the world again....

*I'm crying cause I'm so happy & sad at the same time* He's leaving in a few weeks!!

babolaypo65
08-30-2003, 09:54 PM
That's sweet. PEI is far. Will you be able to see him sometimes?

Karen
08-30-2003, 10:05 PM
How nice! There's nothing as good as a nice strong hug - just don't break any ribs! (Just kidding) Glad to hear good news from you, and so it's a little early for Christmas, the sentiment is the best!

kingrattus
08-30-2003, 10:32 PM
I'll see dad 1-3 times a year if I'm lucky.

I haven't had really good family news in a long time & This happyness will last a VERY long time :) I don't think I could break dads ribs, he drinks 2 bags of milk a day & hes shorter then me & I'm 5'5 & he only weighs about 175 pounds.

I just switched monitors right now, holy smokes, talk about awesome!!! Everything is so bright & clear & I can finally read what I'm typing with no trouble from bleeding.. I can play games again!!! YAY!!!

kingrattus
08-30-2003, 11:39 PM
Heres the best my poopy webcam can do. I'll get much better pics of it tomorrow with the digital.

http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/album82/new_monitor.jpg

I'm watching tv on it & watching trading spaces... ohhhh do I ever love that show, I could have gotten a scolarship for interior design at the # 1 uni in canada, but I turned it down.

KYS
08-31-2003, 09:04 AM
Congratulations on your new monitor.
It looks great. What a nice present your dad
got you. Yep! Very big hug was in order.
I hope, somehow, you will get to see your dad more often.

Uabassoon
08-31-2003, 11:35 AM
Congrats on the new computer monitor. What's going to happen to Max, doesn't he live with your dad?

jenluckenbach
08-31-2003, 11:45 AM
It will be sad to see your dad go so far away. But what a lovely gift as a going away present. He'll have to send pictures of himself to you so you can see them on "the big screen" ;)

kingrattus
08-31-2003, 12:11 PM
Uabassoon I have no idea whats gonna happen to Max. I'm hoping I can find a better job or a second job so I can try & talk rob's dad into letting me take max in over here. I'll tell him Max can live in the basement with me. I know robs dad will be easy to break, then I gotta get him to break robs mom for me.... My mom refuses to take him in :( Rob said when the time comes he'll talk my mom into it...

Uabassoon
08-31-2003, 12:15 PM
Can't you dress Max up in a little tux and have him bring some flowers to Rob's mom? No one can resist a well dressed dog.

kingrattus
08-31-2003, 09:33 PM
She can.

U have no idea how cold this women is.

She didn't buy food for 2 weeks & us 3 kids were starving, she takes 90% of my pay & the rest goes on bills. Rob hasn't found a job yet & tom has been buying pizza every 2ed day with his super over maxed m/c. I went to work for 3 days with only eating twice. Today she went shopping & bought food, I was sooo hungry, I ate a box of KD, 3 slices of pizza & a big bagle, I'm still hungry. I never eat much food, but when I don't get to eat for a few days I get overly hungry & pig out. oi... Rob had an interview 2 days ago & so far its looking very well, they told him he has the job unless his references go bad (which they wont). & if I can get Tom a job at my pharma plus, we'll be set & hopfully find a cheap place that allows pets... I'm gonna talk to my moms friend cause she rents out her basement & I know she'll allow my pets & Max, she LOVES max, & I like her cats & I was her daughtors big sister when her parents split up & her dad went mad (coke head)... I see my mom this weekend & hopfully I'll get her friends #...
I gotta get out of here!!