PDA

View Full Version : Pug Deaths

Pam
07-25-2001, 05:44 AM
Our local news is carrying a story about two pugs who were "forgotten" under the dryer at the groomers. It seems that this couple went on a weekend vacation and left two of their four pugs to be boarded and groomed. Someone forgot about the pugs and they were under the dryer for 45 min.! Needless to say, they didn't survive. The couple was interviewed on TV and it was so sad! They said their remaining dogs seem to be looking around for the other two. Thankfully they didn't take all 4 there! About 6 months ago there was another story about a Yorkie who was forgotten in a dryer and died also. I am wondering just how often this type of thing goes on and how in the world could someone forget about a dog!! The woman in the interview said that only pet owners will understand the grief she feels. Her husband was crying in the interview. :( The kennel has acknowledge full responsibility and is very remorseful but that won't bring these babies back. :mad: Here's the link.
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/07242001_nw_petdogs.html

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: Pam ]

Karen
07-25-2001, 07:30 AM
How terribly sad! I would never patronize that place again, poor little pugsters! Whoever was responsible needs to be severely restricted in their duties from this moment forward, and should not be trusted with the lives of anyone else's darlings.

Tanya&Fritz
07-25-2001, 07:53 AM
We have to leave our dogs at the groomers for a week in August. Now I'm scared. Those poor little pugs. :(

tatsxxx11
07-25-2001, 08:45 AM
At the kennel I work at, all the dryers are kept at at distance of at least 12" from the crate, (the dogs can move well away from the dryer if they wish) and ONLY cool air is used, never heated! Poor little puglets. How heartbreaking :( People do say I tend to be too overprotective and anxious about my kids safety. But I have heard too many stories of "accidents" such as this to change my behavior! As with human children, one can never be too cautious! Tanya. I'm sure you have checked out the kennel thoroughly already. Ask all the questions you need to in order to feel comfortable. All reputable kennels will allow "family" to vist during their stay. Maybe you could have a friend or family member drop in while you are away?

jackiesdaisy1935
07-25-2001, 08:57 AM
How very sad, it makes one wonder where are peoples minds? I hate taking Daisy to the groomer, I worry every time, in fact it will be this Friday. Even though we have used her for a long time, I still worry. :(

AdoreMyDogs
07-25-2001, 10:24 AM
Oh my gosh...little pugeletts :( How devestating. I can't imagine having my dogs murdered by someone while they were supposed to be in good hands! Horrible! I am sure it was an accident, but how terribly incompitant that is!

aly
07-25-2001, 01:46 PM
I heard about this but the version I read said they took all four of them there. The two who were still alive were rushed to a vet and saved. They also took the bodies of the other two to determine the cause of death for sure. It was quite obvious just by touch that they were overheated though :( Sad, awful, depressing :(

Daisy's Mom
07-26-2001, 01:31 AM
That is just sick! That poor family! I can't even begin to imagine the pain they must feel, and the shock that their babies died in the hands of those they trusted. How horrible.