PDA

View Full Version : Sick Fish

Cincy'sMom
08-30-2003, 08:02 AM
Okay, actually I think he is dying. My Kissing Gourimi is 6 1/2 yrs old and this morning when I got up he was laying on his side ont he bottom of the tank. I thought he was dead, but when I put the net in to fish him out, he "wiggled" his fins in protest. At first I though it was air bubbler making it look like this, but I moved him away from that and tried again, and still his fins obviusoly moved.

6 1/2 seems like a really long life span to many, and although I will miss him, I know his time is probablly here. I don't want him to lay there suffering, but I don't want to end things prematurly either...you just can't get a feel from a fish like you can from other animals....

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Here's a few pics I took last week of my fih...I never posted them before becuase they aren't clear...

Cincy'sMom
08-30-2003, 08:05 AM
Another pic

magcpen
08-30-2003, 07:15 PM
How said, that actually happened with one of my stepmom's fish, and he/she was okay, I think. I hope that your Guorami feels better soon. My fingers are crossed. :)

magcpen
08-30-2003, 07:28 PM
Hmm... on petplace.com (Thanks to whoever originally posted that link) saysthat Gouramis usually live for 3-5 years, so you have a Senior Gourami. so it might be more serious than with my stepmom's, which is really too bad.

roopooroo
08-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Gouramis generally live five years, so your little guy has done good. I hope his final swim to the rainbow pond is peaceful.

Cincy'sMom
08-31-2003, 09:48 AM
MY fish took the final swim to the big fish bowl in the sky yesterday. Thanks for 6 1/2 years buddy...from Cincinnanti, to Findlay to Sylvania to Toledo, through college, marriage and 3 dogs, you've seen it all!

RIP Mr. Fish!

magcpen
09-01-2003, 01:51 PM
Rest in Peace Mr. Fish. :(

Rottieluver45
09-01-2003, 01:54 PM
RIP Mr. Fish, I`m sure you`re havin fun in fishie heaven!

aly
09-01-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
MY fish took the final swim to the big fish bowl in the sky yesterday. Thanks for 6 1/2 years buddy...from Cincinnanti, to Findlay to Sylvania to Toledo, through college, marriage and 3 dogs, you've seen it all!

RIP Mr. Fish!

:( I hope you're doing okay, Amy. I remember my fish that went through 6 years and 5 moves with me. When I lost him, I was devastated.

RIP sweet fish

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-02-2003, 04:20 PM
RIP poor fishie. Your time has come... swim carefully. :(