PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Graham?

purrfectpaws
01-07-2002, 12:15 AM
I guess I have missed a bit since the holidays and didn't hear what happened to Graham??
He can't wait to get that cast off and run around but that probably doesn't stop him either, huh?
Carla

Logan
01-07-2002, 07:11 AM
Carla,
There is a very long post from Leslie (Adore My Dogs) in the Dog Health section, called "Graham had an accident". I think it is 7 pages long now, so get ready!!!
That Graham is such a trooper and so are his mom and dad!
Logan

AdoreMyDogs
01-07-2002, 12:38 PM
Hi Carla,

If I am ever feeling like I don't have many friends all I have to do is look at the post "my Graham had an accident" and I am reassured of how many people care about me and my sweet pup. Graham has his cast off, as of Friday. It's not as good as I had hoped it would be, he's not using that leg at all. It is skin on bone, no muscle tone whatsoever. I sure wish it were warm out and all the water were not frozen solid, otherwise I'd take him swimming. That is the best physical therapy because they have to use those muscles and it's more gentle then running.

I'll post a pic sometime, was pretty busy this weekend to take pics of him but I will sometime soon :)

Thanks so much for asking about him :)

pepper636
01-07-2002, 01:22 PM
Poor guy. He's going to have to start working out. If you would like to visit an e-mail group about disabled dogs, they massage their dogs legs quite a bit to build them up. They may be able to help you with exercises you can do indoors to help Graham. [email protected]

Sudilar
01-07-2002, 03:30 PM
Oh poor Graham. When Avalanche had the ACL surgery, after her leg was unbandaged, her leg had atrophied. It took a little while for her to get muscle back on those bones! Good luck, Graham, and take it easy!!

tatsxxx11
01-07-2002, 04:26 PM
Hi Leslie and sweet Graham. Don't despair Leslie. After having that nasty cast on for so long, it will take a while for Grahmster to build up his muscle tone and strength. If anyone has ever had a leg cast on for a time, they can tell you that when it does come off, it's such a strange sensation! Gentle swimming or hydrotherapy would be very helpful. Has the vet given you any suggestions or schedule of exercises etc.? Please give Graham the biggest kiss you can muster and plant it right between his nose and eyes...my favorite "kiss" spot!