PDA

View Full Version : Think they have grown up? Think again! LOL!!

Logan
08-29-2003, 09:42 AM
All week long, I have been careful about leaving things lying around (especially shoes) because I didn't know whether our foster boy, Zipper, would chew them up. Well, he left yesterday for the weekend, since we are going to be out of town, and I was careless with my new black Gap sandals! :o When we got home from taking Zipper, my daughter called to me. She found one of my sandals chewed up on the bedroom floor!!! Also, the comforter they use for a bed had hardly any stuffing left. It looked like it snowed in my bedroom!!!! Darn it! My four year olds, Lilly and Honey, who rarely chew anything they aren't supposed to, turned into puppies while I was gone for a few hours!!!!!

When you think you can trust them, DON'T!!!!!!!!! Hehehe!!!

Logan

shais_mom
08-29-2003, 11:24 AM
Awwwwwwww Shucks!
That means Keegan WILL NEVER outgrow it darn it!
:rolleyes:

Toby's Mommy
08-29-2003, 11:54 AM
my old dog toby that i had to give back was naughty to.
When i went on the computer he took one of my sadals and chewed it up!!
My only sandals!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-29-2003, 12:00 PM
Kids will be kids, you know. Every once in a while the kids inside sneak out. I've had it happen to me too. (only I didn't chew anything up):D

Albea
08-29-2003, 12:37 PM
I hate to tell you this, Logan: my first Golden, "Natasha, the Red Menace," pulled stunts like that until she went to the Rainbow Bridge at the age of almost 10. How do you think she got that addition to her name? Even trying to always be two steps ahead of her mischief didn't save many items in my house.
Maybe Lilly and Honey were mad at you because you left with their new friend Zipper and didn't take them.
Anyway, I know that a look at those faces will make you forgive them.;)

Logan
08-29-2003, 12:43 PM
They were forgiven, immediately, Alicia! I only paid $6.95 on clearance for those shoes, but Scott said it didn't matter! I consider it my fault for leaving them on the floor. But, the comforter??? It was their bed!!!! LOL!!! Now they don't have one!!

Logan

KYS
08-29-2003, 03:11 PM
I think Zipper was getting even for you leaving for
the weekend. ;)

tatsxxx11
08-29-2003, 03:18 PM
The doggies at the kennel used to do that all time!l:D We'd give them the softest, cushiest comforters. In the morning, stuffing all over the place. I'm sure they were thinking.."That'll teach you to leave us alone!" Sounds like the girls were thinking you were off for a day of fun without them; they just had to make some fun of their own!! nawtee girls!!:D

Cincy'sMom
08-29-2003, 03:31 PM
Been there!!!

We have over time, slowly give the dogs the run of the house ( or at least had) When we got Spot, we kenneled him ,not knowing him at all. The grils were "free" . Over time, as we got to know him, he was also freed. Then some stuff got tore up, so Spot went back inthe kennel and things were fine....for a few weeks. I came home one day and found a book tore up, all over the house!!! For a time, all the dogs were again kenneled...

Right now, Sadie retains her freedom. I "think" Cincy would be okay too, but I know Spot likes having the compant in the kennel...

stacwase
08-29-2003, 03:31 PM
Do you think there are some breeds which chew more than others?

Max has never chewed anything except his bones and rawhide toys. Jake used to chew on the walls (we figured out it was a vitamin deficiency causing it), but hasn't chewed on anything else since he finished teething.

Uabassoon
08-29-2003, 03:36 PM
One day I went to go visit my dog Missy on one of those rare days where I actually remembered to bring my camera. This is what I saw when I walked into the house.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pf168ed1ce1f2bdd61488e0f8dd29bc39/fb3e5f85.jpg

If you look closely you can see the little feathers on her from where her and Iris (the golden retrivers whose paws you can see) decided that it would be fun to destroy the comforter. LOL they looked like they were having a blast. So I bought Bev another comforter to replace the one that they destroyed, that one didn't last very long either. Then Bev decided that they weren't allowed in her room unless she was in there. Well the third comforter got destroyed while she was asleep in the bed! So now Missy and Iris aren't allowed in there at all anymore. And if you look at the wall you can see holes from where Iris showed Missy how to destroy drywall.

anna_66
08-30-2003, 08:37 AM
Oh your poor sandles Logan:o

They never grow up do they;)