PDA

View Full Version : Horrible day

binka_nugget
08-28-2003, 09:44 PM
To start off, I had to go to work early today. I was SUPPOSED to be in by 7:30am but I didn't make it in a time and was a bit late. Then I had to work extra hours (WHICH I didn't want at all).

I rested a bit then decided to take Kai on a long walk and see if we could find that off leash park we were told about. We walked for an hour until we found a park. I guess we didn't find the right park because there weren't any of those off leash rules posted up. I decided to sit for a bit to give Kai a rest and wet him a bit to avoid overheating. Kai was great but the kids that came by weren't so great. There were probably 7 kids or so and 2 adults. EVERY single one of them were annoying and not well behaved. They weren't listening to their mom...she was very fustrated and started screaming. Then they started to throw apples around the park. They were just throwing it anywhere they pleased. I wouldn't have cared much if they hit me but they missed kai by a couple feet! It was a hard throw too! :mad: :mad: :mad: They didn't even acknowledge that they almost hurt Kai. I was soooo mad! Then they kept throwing the apples and what really pissed me was that they KNEW that there was a VERY young child in the park also. My guess would be about a year old. ARRRGGG!

So I decided to leave and on my way back, these guys were crossing the street towards me and Kai. I decided to slow down and let them pass us because Kai doesn't walk well with people behind us. So just as they were in front of us, I heard one say something very disturbing. I won't type it word for word because it was offensive and very rude. He was complaining about chinese people and calling them not so nice names. They obviously knew I was there because he used the "f" word and insulted me right there. Then he was complaining about how the chinese took up their land. I had always thought that BC belonged to natives originally. Then the "whites" came and along came chinese. The chinese were either slaves or working and doing the very dangerous jobs that no one else would take for a VERY small wage....we took their land??? :rolleyes:

I noticed that his friend tried saying sorry or something to me when he insulted me. I feel sorry for his "friend" for having to listen to this pathetic fool...ugh

Thanks for listening..

popcornbird
08-28-2003, 09:58 PM
What a shame! :mad::mad: I HATE HATE HATE racists! I can't believe it, how people can make fun of people of different races, for being themselves! :mad: Really though! What's their problem?!?

Were they whites? If I were you, I would've gone straight up to them and told them that THEY stole the land of the native Indians, because most of America and Canada belonged to the Native Indians, and then people from Europe came and took over. Not saying that *they* stole it just because they were white, but because they were saying that to you. They were here first, and originally, the land we live in belonged to them. Now everyone in the US and Canada are of different races, but the fact is, that neither the US or Canada are *white* countries. They are mixed countries because they are countries of immigrants, and practically everyone here has their blood from some place else. How racist! Racists make me sick, and I know how their comments feel. Its very hurtful. I remember going shopping, around 1 1/5 year ago or so, and as I walked into Safeway, this evil looking guy zooms passed us in his truck, at like 50 mph in a PARKING LOT and yells from the window "GO BACK HOME!", then zooms off! :mad: Home? I am home you idiot. :rolleyes: I was born here, grew up here, and know no other country other than a 2 week vacation, and that thing is telling me to *go back home*? :rolleyes: If he didn't zoom off, I would've told him to go back to Europe.

Well what can we do? There will be morons on the planet for as long as the planet exists. The other day we went to the park, and there were these 5 kids taking rocks from the ground and throwing them at everyone that passed by. So many people almost got hit. My dad yelled at them and told them "Hey? What do you think you're doing? Go back to your parents and stop throwing things at people!!!"

Their faces turned like this.......:o..............and they ran away and didn't bother anyone after that. I just hate some people! Really!

GoldenRetrLuver
08-28-2003, 10:00 PM
I'm sorry you had such a bad day. :( Ugh, don't pay attention to people like that. There just stupid. As for those little kids, I know how you feel. :rolleyes: *sighs*

I hope you feel better. You know you can always IM me, if you ever need to talk. :)

dukedogsmom
08-28-2003, 10:10 PM
I feel bad in the U.S. because the Indians were here long before us. And I would have probably told the mother of the kids that she needed to do something. I hope you remember where that park is so you don't go there agian. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

wolf_Q
08-28-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget

Then they started to throw apples around the park. They were just throwing it anywhere they pleased. I wouldn't have cared much if they hit me but they missed kai by a couple feet! It was a hard throw too! :mad: :mad: :mad: They didn't even acknowledge that they almost hurt Kai. I was soooo mad! Then they kept throwing the apples and what really pissed me was that they KNEW that there was a VERY young child in the park also. My guess would be about a year old. ARRRGGG!

In high school at lunch, some girl threw an apple at her friend, she kind of missed and hit me (hard!) right on the head! She didn't run over to apologize, just ran out giggling. :rolleyes: Be glad it missed you and Kai, apples hurt!

Sorry you had a bad day. :( Some people are just...*insert curse word here* :mad:

Sevens
08-28-2003, 11:37 PM
Stupid kids! I am so glad they missed you and Kai.

Ok, I in a small way know how you feel about the racism thing. I am white, born and raised in Virginia. My husband is black and was born in Cornwall England. We would get stares a lot (living in the "capital" of the "dirty old south") and we just try to deal as best we can, it's usually old white people who do the staring.

I have to admit, in some situations it does help to just say something to the stupid person. When my hubby and I went to get our marriage license, we went to city hall. Then we were walking back to our offices downtown, they are both a block from each other and two blocks away from city hall. We work near a big university, so it is a nice mix of all kinds of people from different countries.

Well, as we were parting, I went to give him a little kiss on the lips, like we always do, no big deal, no major public display of affection. Well, he pulls away from me and has this look on his face. I said "What?" He said, "That lady just made a face at us kissing." She was a middle aged white lady, you could tell, Bullsh*t old southern money. She was still within earshot, so I yelled out "OH MY GOD, THAT NEGRO IS KISSING A WHITE WOMAN!!!!" And you know, on a street corner packed with all kinds of people from all over the world, the woman was the only one who turned around and looked at us. We busted out laughing so hard we fell in a pile of snow next to us.

Don't let morons get you down. Karma...or as my mom says "What goes around, comes around.." They'll get what's coming to them for being racist.

KYS
08-29-2003, 03:13 AM
I am also sorry you had a bad day.
Those people are ignorant, and unfortunately
this world has it fair share of ignorant people
full of hate, no mater what race or religion.
But at the same time for every bad apple their
are plenty of good ones.

Keep your chin up and always be proud of who
you are.

babolaypo65
08-29-2003, 08:14 AM
Jerks :mad: :mad:

Hope today is better for you!

binka_nugget
08-29-2003, 08:25 AM
Thanks everyone...don't worry, I don't let idiots get to me. I love Kai regardless of breed..whether he'd be sheltie, gsd, mastiff..whatever...and Kai likes me for who I am so..I'm happy! :D Nothing to worry about..

bluekat
08-29-2003, 09:41 AM
omg, I hate racist people too, just try to ignore them. I don't let idiots get to me too, but sometimes its hard to ignore them.
I don't think that anyone's ever said anything racist to my face or whatever, but I still hear rude comments.

My sister and her friend once went out to Mcdonalds to eat, and they sat at a table, with four seats. So they put their bags and stuff on the seats beside them. and there were alot of other seats left in the place too. Then there's this woman who comes up to them, and says to my sister's friend(who's black) to move her bags because she wants to sit there. So my sister's friend and that woman get into a fight. She tells the woman to sit somewhere else since there were many other seats, and the woman gets mad and yells" Why don't you go back to where you came from!" I don't know what happened next. But I just think that the woman was a complete idiot. She's white btw. I mean, she should go back to where she came from then too, Canada doesn't belong to only white people. It's true, the indians were here first.

primabella
08-30-2003, 11:55 AM
I'm sorry you had a bad day. :( Kids can be such brats, you should have told them something. And I'm sorry about the racist comments. I have a number of Chinese friends and I think it's ridiculous to start saying stupid comments, especially when someone from that nation is right beside you. At least if they wanna be a-holes they can be it without you hearing them. :rolleyes:

Once I was taking Mickey for a walk and just as we were leaving these two guys in a car stopped in the middle of the road and screamed out, "Lassie! Lassie!" and roared with laughter. I was just about to pull the finger when they drove off. I guess it's good that I didn't. I didn't feel like getting beat up that day. :p ;) Oh and the guys looked do young, not older than 16! :eek:

binka_nugget
08-30-2003, 11:59 AM
Lol it annoys me when someone calls kai a mini lassie but I guess it's alright...it's just a little pet peeve I have.

After the guys screamed out "lassie! lassie!", I would have screamed out "UGLY! UGLY!" while pointing at them...lmao..or something like that. I have such a bad temper.

GoldenRetrLuver
08-30-2003, 12:03 PM
Oh, do I know the "Lassie". :rolleyes: Molly gets it EVERY SINGLE TIME we go to the park or the dog park..."Look Mommy, its Lassie!" or "Lassie, wheres Timmy?!" GRRRR....Get the name right people! Her name is MOLLY not Lassie and yes she is a COLLIE! :rolleyes:

binka_nugget
08-30-2003, 12:07 PM
Lol. If I hear it from kids or something, it's alright. I like the attention LOL. But if I hear it from teenagers in an ignorant tone, I just give them the evil eye... :p

RubyMutt
08-30-2003, 12:15 PM
Ah yes, the evil eye is a wonderful tool :D

I'm sorry about that :( The ignorance of some people on this planet really makes me sick! :mad:
I'm glad you don't let them get to you too much :)

primabella
08-31-2003, 10:11 PM
Lol Julie. Ash, I HATE it when they call him a mini-collie or Lassie. It's like he has no identity. He is not Lassie, Lassie is not only a collie and a girl (although was played by a boy, I know) but a TV charactar. Also when people ask me what breed Mickey is, my sister will be like 'A mini-collie' and I'm like, 'no he's a sheltie'. Lol. It gets me so nervous, I don't know why. :rolleyes: