PDA

View Full Version : It's not Raven...

Rottie
07-24-2001, 11:45 AM
That's right. Raven's name is not Raven, it's Ravin... with an I!!!! We just transfered Ravin's papers, from the breeder's name to my Dad's name. And there it is on her papers, Ravin von der Felzan Haus. :D We've been spelling it wrong for 7 months :o :o

*LabLoverKEB*
07-24-2001, 12:41 PM
Well, I'm glad you found out how it's really spelled!! :D

Sudilar
07-24-2001, 12:49 PM
I don't think she'll mind the name change. "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet!" (Except for the Frito feet, of course!!) Hehehe!

Sue

Tanya&Fritz
07-24-2001, 01:28 PM
Oh no, not the Frito feet again! I checked it out and Fritz's feet DO smell like Fritos. Hans's feet don't though :D

RachelJ
07-24-2001, 03:06 PM
That is kind of funny. How do you feel about the Ravin spelling, Rottie?

It kind of bothers me a little when the vet or my groomer spell my dogs names differently from the way I spell them. My Tizzie sometimes was spelled Tizzy and my Hannah is sometimes spelled Hanna.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-24-2001, 03:27 PM
RachelJ- It would bother me too, if my vet of groomer spelled my dogs' names wrong! But it seems that "Sadie", is pretty easy to spell! :)

Rottie
07-24-2001, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by RachelJ:
<STRONG>That is kind of funny. How do you feel about the Ravin spelling, Rottie?

It kind of bothers me a little when the vet or my groomer spell my dogs names differently from the way I spell them. My Tizzie sometimes was spelled Tizzy and my Hannah is sometimes spelled Hanna.</STRONG>

Well, I personally like "Raven" better. It just looks nicer; and I'm also used to it. I originally thought that she was named "Raven" after the bird. The bird is black, she's black. Maybe she was named "Ravin" for the same reason, but they just wanted to add their own little twist in. ;) The only other thing I could think of is she's "ravin' mad" :D

About groomers or vets spelling dogs' names wrong. Yes, it does bother me, but how are they supposed to know unless they either ask or you tell them.

I have the same problem with my name, "Sara". I wouldn't mind so much if it was a weird name that nobody had any idea how to spell. But Sara (both spellings) is a common name and you think they'd ask. Almost always, everyone always spells it "Sarah", with an "H". I usually dismiss it the first time, correct the second, and get very irritated the third. :D

shais_mom
07-25-2001, 12:14 AM
I think the spelling with the "i" is cool.
That is why I spelled Shaianne's name the way I did, I wanted something different.
People are always spelling my name wrong, Stacey, ie,y. etc I feel your pain!!

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: shais_mom ]

shais_mom
07-25-2001, 12:21 AM
Angel, the reason your address is is my signature in the prev post is b/c I was trying to get it to point and click, but it wouldn't work for me either. I had to turn my computer off and didn't realize it was still on there. So I deleted off my sig. just experimenting!! My webshots thing won't work either. But you could still put it in there, we could copy and paste it. :) :p :D ;) :cool:

Daisy's Mom
07-25-2001, 12:37 AM
I think Ravin is pretty. People always spell my name wrong! There are so many ways to spell it! Bridget, Bridgit, Brigid, Bridgitte, Bridgette, Brigit, Bridgid... very rarely do people get it right the first time around :)

aly
07-25-2001, 01:03 AM
People never spell my name right either. Its usually Allison, Alison, or even Alisen.
Reece is Reese
Shiloh is Shilo
Lolly is Molly, Polly, Jolly or anything else that rhymes
Dessi was Dessie or Dessy

*SimButtTwo4U*
07-25-2001, 01:17 AM
My names Never right either.. they eithe mistake it for
Kaylynn
KaraLynn
or spell it
KayAnne
K-Ann
Kann
Can
KieAnne
And howevere you spell kiane pepper
BTW- My nick name is Kieanne Pepper
And my brother also calls me Crayon
Or KayAnn of soup.

But Raven, Ravin, Whatever and however you spell it, whatever you call her, She is still beautiful. Im glad Simba is such an easy name id gte really frustrated.. i get frustrated when people dont capitalize names. I jus feel people are special enough and animals to be capitalized.

Tanya&Fritz
07-25-2001, 07:59 AM
Me too! I get:

Tania
Tonya
Tonia
Tanja
Tonja

It drives me crazy :eek:

Freckles
07-25-2001, 08:00 AM
Sara, if you edit your entry in Dog,General,Name/Pets List, it will be Ravin in the next edition coming out soon. Of course, it's ok to leave it,as is, if you choose. (Just taking advantage of my opportunities)

tatsxxx11
07-25-2001, 08:36 AM
For me, it's MY last name. Should be Tatsuno. Comes out...Tatfumo, Tatsumo, Tatsuni, Fatsumo, and on, and on and on. My husband's first name is "Junji" (pronounced Jun-gee) Usually shortened to just Junj. That's even worse! Some people use to mistake my beloved lab Jingles (a.k.a. "Jing") name for his! I actually got a wedding invitation once from someone we had just recently met, addressed to Mr. and Mrs. Jingles Tatfumo! Ahhhhhhhh! I can see why some women keep their own last name! :D

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Dixie Belle
07-25-2001, 09:58 AM
What is bad is that my vet's office spelled Mama wrong. They spelled it Mamma.

I like the way Ravin is spelled!

shais_mom
07-25-2001, 03:52 PM
ha ha you wanna talk about last names?
Mine is Musselman.
I get
Muffleman
Muzzleman
Muscleman
Muzzelman
I just don't understand why people are so dumb!!!

jackiesdaisy1935
07-25-2001, 04:06 PM
Same here
Jackie
Jackee
Jacki
Jacquie
you name it, I've been called it, personally I like the name Ravin. :)

*SimButtTwo4U*
07-25-2001, 04:11 PM
Oh you want to talk about last names???

My last name is Knapp pronounced napp

Phone solicitors call up all the time and they say Can i speak to MR. or Mrs. KaNapp(pronounced how it looks)
and who ever answers the phone they say.. no you KaNOT. hehehe. If they want our buisness they should learn how to say our name correctly first.

3-greys-and-a-mutt
07-25-2001, 06:10 PM
Our last name is Tack, so we get Zack, Taft, Techt, Zaff, and everything else you could imagiine! It's just TOO simple!

tatsxxx11
07-25-2001, 07:08 PM
Oh, I can't stop laughing! :D :D :D Glad to hear there are others out there suffering the indignities of the "less informed," shall we say???? LOL! KayAnn, Staci and Jackie! You guys really gave me a laugh! And as for mispelling Mama!!!! That's UNFORGIVABLE!!

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

ilovehounds
07-25-2001, 09:01 PM
I don't know why but it does bother me when the vet spells my dogs names wrong, Hannah always gets Hanna wich is not to bad but Copper always get Cooper.

People don't spell my last name wrong but we do get alot of prank calls and jokes my last name is Simpson so I get called Lisa alot.

shais_mom
07-25-2001, 10:45 PM
ooooh ooooh I gotta another one tho it doesn't pertain to me really. And its better when you say it not type it. My mom is a teacher and someone told her this story.
This teacher had a student named Female (pronouced like tamale) and remarked to the girls mom " What an usual name, where did you get it?" Oh she said" the hospital named her." and the teacher said" Really that's very strange, how did that happen?" Oh on the card at her feet it was F-E-M-A-L-E!!!!
get it?
And I discovered this in college. Anyone ever really checked out the spelling of Shit'did?
Take out the apostrophe!!! ;) :p