PDA

View Full Version : Chance the Rescue Dog!

dukedogsmom
08-28-2003, 06:30 PM
I got him out of animal control today. Tomorrow, he was going to be put down. He was so happy to be out of there! The girl at the kennel said that he didn't walk, he jumped. I had forgotten how energetic puppies could be! I had put some foam under a blanket in the carrier so he would be comfy. By the time I got to the doggie day care, it looked like it had snowed back there. I'm hoping it was just because of the excitement of moving but he was going after the little dogs and trying to fight through the fence. He didn't act that way at all at animal control. Please pray for him to relax because if he doesn't, they can't keep him and I don't know what I'll do. His sore is looking much better. I am enclosing the pics I got today. I couldn't get a good one of him because he was jumping around so much!!
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/chance4.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/chance5.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/chance6.jpg
Let's hope he gets used to his new surroundings so he can get a good home. Thanks to all of you that are donating money to his cause:D

tatsxxx11
08-28-2003, 06:36 PM
Oh, Valerie. Thank goodness he's out of there. I don't blame the little guy for being so frantic. Hopefully in a couple of days he'll settle down. Who can blame him for being so teriffied and protective?? He's so skinny...and his slash:(:( It's so upsetting to see. But now, with a little patience and love I'm sure he'll turn around! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping Chance. He's precious. I hope he has a good night. Please update us when you can.

micki76
08-28-2003, 06:54 PM
Oh Val! He's beautiful! That burn looks like it was a nasty one. :sad: I'm sure he'll calm down in a day or two, and I'm sure he's just a little freaked out right now. Lots of prayer going out to you and him. Things WILL work out. Call me if you need me! I'll do anything I can!

My Peanuts
08-28-2003, 08:08 PM
What a wonderful person you are for helping that puppy! If there were more people like you there wouldn't be over population problems for poor animals like Chance. He looks like he will be a good addtion to someones family.

kingrattus
08-28-2003, 09:25 PM
How did he get that huge looking slash on his back?

dukedogsmom
08-28-2003, 09:39 PM
He came to animal control as an abuse case. Someone burned him somehow. The lady at doggie day care said it looked like someone had poured gas down his back and set him on fire. That's one of the reasons I just couldn't let him die.

kingrattus
08-28-2003, 09:56 PM
OMG that is horrible!!! the poor thing, luckly u found him & saved him.

Logan
08-28-2003, 10:09 PM
Valerie (by the way, I LOVE knowing your name), thank you for taking a chance on Chance! What a lucky boy! I hope that just the right family will come along for him!! :)

Logan

Kfamr
08-28-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
He came to animal control as an abuse case. Someone burned him somehow. The lady at doggie day care said it looked like someone had poured gas down his back and set him on fire. That's one of the reasons I just couldn't let him die.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

micki76
08-29-2003, 06:25 PM
Hey Val,
Just wondering how Chance is doing? Hope he had a better day at daycare!:D

BTW - I dated a guy named Chance whe I was a teenager. :D Of course, this Chance is way better looking! :p

dukedogsmom
08-29-2003, 06:55 PM
I called this afternoon and they said he was doing great! I am so relieved. I didn't sleep well last night worrying about him. They can't let him play all the time because of the sore down his back. But when he gets well, he can play as much as he wants! I'm going to try to spend some time with him on my next days off.

micki76
08-29-2003, 07:15 PM
Oh YAY!! What a relief!! I've been worrying myself sick over him today. I'm so glad he's doing better. :D Gosh, I'll bet he thinks he's in heaven with all those other pooches and to get to PLAY!! And to have some freedom. Lucky, lucky, lucky! You're a great person, thanks for taking this on!

lizbud
08-29-2003, 08:47 PM
Valerie,

I'm so glad you'll be able to spend some one on one time with
Chance for a few days. This is probably the first time he's ever
felt like a free & happy pup in his short sad life.(so far). I don't
think he's acting aggressive with the other dogs, he's just happy
to see them & acts overexcited. Hopefully he'll come to see that
this is all real & will learn to trust & learn to listen to what you
teach him. I also want to apologize for not mailing my donation
yet. It will be in tomorrows mail. If Chance will hold still for a
minute, give him a hug from me.:) Liz & Smokey.

Sudilar
08-29-2003, 09:52 PM
How wonderful of you to help Chance. You are his angel!! I hope this precious pup gets a "chance" at a great life in a forever home. He will never forget the kindness you showed him. You truly are an angel.

sammi
08-29-2003, 11:17 PM
What a terrible thing to happen to a dog:mad: Thank you for what you are doing.

Fox-Gal
08-29-2003, 11:33 PM
Chance is a cutie, I'm so gald you took him and gald to know he had a better day at day care. :)

Thats how I got my Mooch, she was set on fire also. Some teenagers set her on fire. They poured liter fluid all over her. Months and months of care with her but, it was all worth it, she an amazing dog.

Some people shouldn't even be called human beings. :mad: :mad:

It's a wonderful thing you have done for Chance.

sabies
08-30-2003, 10:20 AM
Chance looks so adorable, I'm so glad you have taken him in. What a terrible life he's had so far but what a great future he will have now.

cocker_luva
08-30-2003, 10:46 AM
what kind of dog is Chance? where did he get that mark on his back? :eek: :mad: :(

pitc9
08-31-2003, 09:19 AM
Any new news on Chance????

stacwase
08-31-2003, 07:21 PM
I curious to hear some new news about Chance. How is he adjusting to people?

dukedogsmom
08-31-2003, 07:30 PM
He's doing fine, now, thank goodness! I have to work tomorrow :( . Tuesday, I'm taking Duke to play for half a day and I'm going to spend some time with Chance. Getting him kind of used to walking on a leash and being sociable. I wish I could take him to a park to walk but I don't want to because I'm not sure how he'd act. I'm thinking he's kind of mellowed out because he's been getting lots of play time. Maybe he'll sit still enough for me to get a good pic and post it.