PDA

View Full Version : Harley Has A New Home

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-04-2001, 06:13 AM
I can not believe I forgot to bring my camera with me yesterday!

Mike (Andrew's Friend) and I went to the shelter to see Harley. You had to see the look on Mike's face. It was love at first sight! We took Harley out to yard and him and Mike just ran around and played and both seemed to have a great time! I guess all Harley needed was some love.

Mike signed the adoption papers and off we were. We went to Petsmart and got Harley the neccessities. I had given Mike and Harley Drake's old harness, collar, bed, and crate. Drake had out grown them and they were in great shape. Soon, they will have to get some new ones, coz I am sure Harley will out grow them as well.

Andrew met us at Mike's house (he was so anxious to help Harley get settled in his new home). He even got him a little gift: a Harley Davidson Collar and Leash. It is so cute!

Harley is going to be crate trained and we have already signed him up for basic obedience classes at Petsmart. He starts next week. The special classes start after the new year.

He has already become attached to Mike. He follows him around where ever he goes. It is so cute. It reminded me of when Draker was a little pup following Andrew around.

Happy ending for Harley. Hurray!

[ December 04, 2001: Message edited by: Souraya ]

delidog
12-04-2001, 06:35 AM
congratulations!!!! drake has a new brother!!!what kind of dog is harley???? when do we see pics????? the deli dog :D ;)

Logan
12-04-2001, 07:05 AM
Oh, Souraya. I'm smiling real big, not just for Harley, but also for you, Andrew and Mike. :D :D :D I'm so happy you got it all worked out, and Harley sounds like he is too!! Good job!! Your diligence paid off!!!! Three cheers for Souraya!!! :D :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-04-2001, 07:39 AM
Delidog, unfortunately, Harely doesn't live in our home. He was adopted by a very close friend of ours, Mike. Harley is the Wolf Hybrid that was at the Shelter I volunteer at. (See Wolf Hybrid At Shelter In Danger on Dog General)

Fortunately, Mike lives only 5 miles away from us and so I am hoping that Drake and Harley can become friends and they can play together.

mugsy
12-04-2001, 07:58 AM
Gee Souraya, sounds like you got the best of both worlds!! You saved Harley's life and get to keep in touch with him too. What a deal!!!!! And you BETTER bring your camera next time! hehehehe You are now Harley's guardian angel, so you have a great responsibility...just make sure he's loved and taken care of. And if your friend's name is Mike and is anything like my husband Mike, Harley is in the best of hands. Congrats!!

aly
12-04-2001, 10:51 AM
Souraya - what a beautiful ending to a story that started out so sad. You truly are Harley's guardian angel. I hope he and Drake can get to know each other.

I had one of those Harley Davidson leashes and collars when I had my Harley :(

sammi
12-04-2001, 11:48 AM
Great news that Harley has a home!!! Where did you guys get the harley collars etc.? I could get one cause my husband has a harley bike.
Mugsy, I have a Mike also. We have something else in common too if you have looked at your Christmas card list! :D

aly
12-04-2001, 12:16 PM
Those Harley Davidson collars are at Petsmart. They have a couple different types to choose from. They also have Harley Davidson bandanas and leather jackets for dogs.

jackiesdaisy1935
12-04-2001, 01:49 PM
Souraya, what wonderful news. That will make my day happy. Harley has a new home and a new best friend, what could be better than that?
Jackie

Barbiro
12-04-2001, 02:23 PM
That is absolutely wonderful. Please post some pictures when you get a chance. :D

AdoreMyDogs
12-04-2001, 03:10 PM
Yay for Harley and his new dad :D Harley was lucky that you discovered him, Souraya...he owes his life to you. Good job!

ramanth
12-04-2001, 03:44 PM
Dur! *slaps forehead*

I should of read this Topic first before replying to the other...

HOORRAAH!! I'm so glad to hear that Mike and Harley found each other. :)

What a wonderful ending. Pics! We need Pics!

~Kimmy

yorkster
12-04-2001, 11:15 PM
That is great news! Post some pics when you get a chance.

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-05-2001, 06:06 AM
I will post some pictures as soon as I get a chance to go over there and visit. I did call Mike last night to see how things were with Harley and he said all was fine. Harley is slowly adjusting to his new home. Mike said that after Harley gets socialized a bit more, he plan on taking him to work with him. I think that is great!

Harley has to get nuetered soon. Mike is afraid to take him right away because he doesn't want Harley to think that he is being abandoned again. He will probably wait till January to do it.

lizbud
12-05-2001, 08:02 PM
WOW, I am so glad that Mike & Harley got
along and that scared little pup now has a
new forever home...Souraya, You made all the
difference in Harley's life !!! Thank you for
giving him his chance at a good life with
someone who loves him..GOOD JOB SOURAYA !!!
Please post pictures when you can...